Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,464 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? (15490 Views)

Which Food Can #1,000 Cook That Will Last For 3days? / Apart From Jellof Rice/Rice & Stew Watch This Simple Meal You Can Make With Rice / What Soup Can One Make With 500 Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Pastoshizzy(m): 10:46pm On Feb 19
Confirmedzombie:
Ofor 200
Meat 500
Uzuza leaf 100
Dry pepper 50
Kpomo 100
Maggi 50
Meat ₦500
Kpomo ₦500.

Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Adesina18111(m): 10:47pm On Feb 19
Where u see #100 pepper?...give me location abeg

Ogiame:
Let me break it down according to how today's economy will permit me.

Raw Eggs - 2 (N150 per one)

Fresh Pepper - (N100 will do if you are not a Yoruba person)

Power Oil - (200 smallest sachet)

Ripe Plantain (2 seed 400)

But if you are a heavy eater, or a glutton, you fit thief Yam from any Mallam wheelbarrow.
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Faposky95: 10:57pm On Feb 19
GRACEGLORY:
1. Soaked Garri Team A: as a cold 'beverage' with ice cold water and sugar plus or minus roasted groundnuts

2. Soaked Garri Team B: as a 'cereal' where it is made with lukewarm water some milk and sugar plus or minus roasted groundnuts.

Musa for gate snack...na him don turn choice meal.....
Chai
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Blackestjunior(m): 11:10pm On Feb 19
seunlayi:

Its not funny, a seed of groundnut now have more value than ₦1. Buy ₦100 groundnut, go to one corner and count it grin

LMAO 😂😂😂

Go to 1 corner to count it grin
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Funkybabee(f): 11:11pm On Feb 19
#200 fufu and egusi with shawa fish
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Iykman042(m): 11:13pm On Feb 19
roasted yam and beans=500 or 600 in the afternoon between 12 and 1pm,note-you must Skip morning meal for you cope with the 1k

the remaining 500 or 400,use it to buy okpa and eat in night around 7 or 8pm and go to bed and sleep.

another method.

use 700 and two lap of fufu and soup and eat around 12 and 1pm,note=you must Skip morning meal for the 1k to substain you

use the remaining 300h to buy okpa or buy akara or fried yam or potatoes to eat around 7 or 8pm

try it,you will cope, people are suffering too bad,may save us

3 Likes

Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by drimzsmoke(m): 11:16pm On Feb 19
post=128542372:
2 plates of this for mom and dad and a small plate for the child.

All comes out to #1100.

No be smoked catfish I dey see so🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by marlow1962(m): 11:18pm On Feb 19
sonnie10:
Small Ogbono soup with ice fish. As long as you can get #500- 600 fish.
Fish 5h, lmao 😂
Here in benin, you can't even see fish of 1k, talk less of 500 or 600. Anyways we will adapt, we always do.
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Thazard(m): 11:30pm On Feb 19
blowjohn:

Guy wetin!! 100 naira pepper on top 2 eggs?
Na stew abi na pepper(soup) egg u wan cook?
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by LieutGen: 11:42pm On Feb 19
inoki247:
Lol u go still consume bread and beans in a Local restaurant....

The worst part aw Dollar take Affect Garri and other local food we are planting I still Neva understand....

Petroleum drives the nigerian economy.
You need to transport the cassava tubers. You may need gas to fry the cassava. You need to transport the garri to market location, right?

The transporter knows about wear & tear in his vehicle & the cost of servicing parts. The cycle goes on & on.

Bandits are reducing farming populace & some farmers are roaming streets of cities as beggars & refugees. No more farming. So the few crops produced are meeting higher demand. When demand is higher than supply, what happens?

You gerrit!!!? If you don't gerrit, fogerabout it!!!

1 Like

Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Zhunnurayn(m): 11:44pm On Feb 19
Kenmatt:
Gosh!

I was just amazed as I saw the topic.

Why am I amazed?

This was exactly what I was pondering this evening, what food can I make that I will eat this night and tomorrow morning with 2k.

Afterwards, I was able to make Yam Porage.

"Tinubu don finish this Country kpatakpata".

What actually got me confused was when the CBN Governor said that his job is second to the most difficult job in the world.

Meaning the CBN Governor is actually finding that job very difficult, as a result, he has nothing to offer, we should not expect any fiscal or monetary policy in positivity.

No wonder the economy, naira, is floating like someone swimming with a life jacket.

You need to understand the basics which if Nigerians collectively do will have a positive impact instead of criticisms. The Naira being floated means the govt would no more borrow money to defend it giving it an artificial value.. It's now floating- the collective demand and supply forces of Nigerians determine it's value. Hence Nigerians must use more of Nigerian made goods instead of importing.. this will remove forex pressure and strengthen the Naira... tinubu floating the Naira is an opportunity to all Nigerians to step up and determine the value of currency and take matters into their hands by Patronisers of local goods .......

1 Like

Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Boyooosa(m): 11:52pm On Feb 19
Ogiame:

U did not factor means of cooking and of sustenance....dodo ati eyin ke?
Indomie pay pass

But if you are a heavy eater, or a glutton, you fit thief Yam from any Mallam wheelbarrow.
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by ncoolsome(m): 12:00am On Feb 20
samuel19222:

no pepper, how you go fit chop am?

Oya commit 50 from garri money
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Agunesinjaweola: 12:03am On Feb 20
Late Haruna Ishola once said in 1977 that he can marry the best woman in the land with N1000 Nigerian Naira.(an equivalent of N5M)

Imagine paying N1000 for Bianca dowry !!!
Nigeria has evolved and transformed to a great nation.
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Omoapena(m): 12:13am On Feb 20
Maybe 2 pack of noodles and 2eggs with pepper...
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by babyfaceafrica: 12:44am On Feb 20
Tenplet:

Na lie o bros where I reside there's no 100 pepper o it starts from 200 and egg is 170. To make the matter worst is only roasted plantain you can buy two for 400

Buy pepper from aboki
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:51am On Feb 20
Chrisrare:
Tinubu is really working, he has taught Nigerians how to manage.

No he is teaching Peter Obi a lesson not Nigerians ....

May be it is you that he is teaching how to manage while his children and in-laws are living larger in millions of Naira .....lols

These are the gullible ones that don't know their rights and benefits as a citizen of their country... lols
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Emma1Oj(m): 1:34am On Feb 20
Ogiame:

😂😂😂 yeye mouth
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Harrynight(m): 1:37am On Feb 20
Just indomie and egg

If you want to cook rice or soup with 1k you have to go back to 1995
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by arantess: 1:43am On Feb 20
Ernchibyke:
I'm really curious as to what President Asiwaju'campaign matra for 2027 will be. I would love to see how Festus Keyamo and Ffk and co defend this untold hardship.
Don't worry, they are currently working on that....and people will still fall for it.

Why do you think wike was boasting the other day that no one can unseat them?
The judges are waiting as usual for court case.
INEC is standing by to switch off again.
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by arantess: 1:45am On Feb 20
Chrisrare:
Tinubu is really working, he has taught Nigerians how to manage.
Sorry for you
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Dancebreaker: 2:27am On Feb 20
inoki247:

The worst part aw Dollar take Affect Garri and other local food we are planting I still Neva understand....
The cassava farmer and sellers are effected by things imported with dollars.
Where else will they get money to survive if not by hiking prices of their harvest or merchandise? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Connected1: 2:37am On Feb 20
inoki247:

Insecurity.
Effect of Petrol Price increase on all other products.
Effect of Low Naira value on all other products.
If they sell at loss, the won't be able to purchase other products and pay those who provides security services for them.
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by ogbonti: 2:47am On Feb 20
Ernchibyke:
I'm really curious as to what President Asiwaju'campaign matra for 2027 will be. I would love to see how Festus Keyamo and Ffk and co defend this untold hardship.

They will say it is your fault- why are you hungry? cant you farm ? or get a garden ? you are lazy/ you are the problem of Nigeria, you are not patriotic/ you are wicked because you did not cultivate the land

Do you remember — Change bigin with you under Buhari ? they blamed us for not being patriotic/ for accepting bribes when the salary was attrocious / yet they were embezzling piblic funds

so in 2027 - you the citizens- not the government will be blamed for the maladministration of Tinubu amd the APC government 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by MadamExcellency: 3:39am On Feb 20
VeryWickedMan:
Buy 2 Quaker Oats sachets (can't be more than N500)
Groundnuts N200
Sugar N50
Hollandia Milk pack N250

Oats fill the belly and have lots of calories.

Does it mean you aren't always wicked let alone a very wicked one at that? What happened?
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by Baso7272: 5:28am On Feb 20
He just Shared his secret to wealth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5UbdJPQbOg
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by inoki247: 5:30am On Feb 20
LieutGen:

Petroleum drives the nigerian economy.
You need to transport the cassava tubers. You may need gas to fry the cassava. You need to transport the garri to market location, right?

The transporter knows about wear & tear in his vehicle & the cost of servicing parts. The cycle goes on & on.

Bandits are reducing farming populace & some farmers are roaming streets of cities as beggars & refugees. No more farming. So the few crops produced are meeting higher demand. When demand is higher than supply, what happens?

You gerrit!!!? If you don't gerrit, fogerabout it!!!

Lol this petroleum you guy's shout I don't understand I'm a also a farmer a sack of Cassava from the farm is 70k without adding transportation even if u go near my farm and buy Garri from dere is still costly wetin Dem Neva carry reach town so which petroleum are you talking Abt....

And nobody's using Gas to fry anything here is Firewood which mostly they even fetch from the bush for free because my farm area is a typical bush you can even count the house dere...

And in my area we don't have bandit issue nor the Herdsmen issue everybody is jus taking advantage of each other...
Re: What Meal Can You Make With ₦1,000? by drfasam(m): 5:35am On Feb 20
VeryWickedMan:
Buy 2 Quaker Oats sachets (can't be more than N500)
Groundnuts N200
Sugar N50
Hollandia Milk pack N250

Oats fills the belly and has lots of calories.

No #50 sugar ooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Organic Coconut Oil / Please I Need A List Of Sugar-free Fruit Drinks? / Which Brand Of Blender Is Good For Blending Beans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.