Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,400 members, 7,812,174 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State (16987 Views)

FG Assures Massive Production Of Staple Crops With Mechanisation, Technology / Buhari Asks APC Governors To Reduce The Number Of Aspirants, Vote Party Man / Umo Eno Kneels Down As Governor Udom Annoints Him As Successor (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by Browndiary(m): 10:44pm On Feb 19
Press Release

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Pastor Umo Eno, true to his people -centric ways and commitment to seeing to the amelioration of the plight of the people has stated that the Bill for the establishment of the State Bulk Purchasing Agency, which is currently in the House of Assembly, is meant to ensure that the price of staple food items are within the reach of the people.

“We will buy the food items in bulk and ensure that they are made available to our people at relatively lower prices. The process will be transparent.

“I want to thank the House of Assembly for the expeditious manner this Bill is being treated. I want to assure our people that we feel their pain and are working hard to ensure that food security for our people is guaranteed.

“ That’s why they voted for me overwhelmingly and as you know, I came from this stock and I feel their pain completely.

“ I appeal to our people to exercise patience while the House of Assembly is working to pass the Bill, which would be immediately signed into law by me” the Governor had stated while fielding questions from Government House Correspondents.

Ekerete Udoh
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
February 19, 2024

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by Customised3(f): 10:45pm On Feb 19
Ride on
Contact me for your project, dissertation, thesis, proposal etc. kindly check my signature for details
Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by Ance4Liverpool: 10:58pm On Feb 19
Very stupid idea, why not emulate obasanjo and build his type of farm in your state that will employ over 20k youths and equaly produce enough food for ur citizens instead of embarking on a foolish policy that will favor few of ur party members.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by yarimo(m): 12:06am On Feb 20
This is very commendable from akwa ibom state governor, while his colleague in ABIA STATE always busy perfecting dubious ways to defraud the state. undecided undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by fidelmarshal199: 7:54am On Feb 20
Ance4Liverpool:
Very stupid idea, why not emulate obasanjo and build his type of farm in your state that will employ over 20k youths and equaly produce enough food for ur citizens instead of embarking on a foolish policy that will favor few of ur party members.

If Obasanjo farm is as productive as you make it seems, then Ogun state won't have any concern bout hunger. Ogun state was where the protest took off

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by sageb: 8:49am On Feb 20
Browndiary:
Press Release

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Pastor Umo Eno, true to his people -centric ways and commitment to seeing to the amelioration of the plight of the people has stated that the Bill for the establishment of the State Bulk Purchasing Agency, which is currently in the House of Assembly, is meant to ensure that the price of staple food items are within the reach of the people.

“We will buy the food items in bulk and ensure that they are made available to our people at relatively lower prices. The process will be transparent.

“I want to thank the House of Assembly for the expeditious manner this Bill is being treated. I want to assure our people that we feel their pain and are working hard to ensure that food security for our people is guaranteed.

“ That’s why they voted for me overwhelmingly and as you know, I came from this stock and I feel their pain completely.

“ I appeal to our people to exercise patience while the House of Assembly is working to pass the Bill, which would be immediately signed into law by me” the Governor had stated while fielding questions from Government House Correspondents.

Ekerete Udoh
February 19, 2024

Good move

5 Likes

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by axglide(m): 9:54am On Feb 20
Akwa Ibom Governors are built differently.

Good move 👍

14 Likes

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by storm001(m): 9:54am On Feb 20
Politicians should quit making moves and start showing result.

All this propaganda will take us no where.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by Caramia2020(m): 9:54am On Feb 20
Will he also regulate the prices of the supplier of goods from other states ? Because most goods comes from other states, If they buy for 5k n the suppliers are sending the goods over for 7k, what is the essence of trading? All parties involved should be checkmate but it's difficult.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by easyfem(m): 9:55am On Feb 20
I don’t understand this our leader , them Dey smoke ? . Aw can u decided to go to market and tell them the price they shud sell when u are not making the food process available for the marketers , no good road to take the food from rural area to urban area , no electricity for farmer , no security for farmer and many more , and u just wake up to fix a price of commodities, this pple no get sense ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by axglide(m): 9:55am On Feb 20
Ance4Liverpool:

Mr criticism, you’re criticizing without giving constructive solutions or remedy. The state wants to subsidize food for its citizens you’re here saying it’s a stupid idea.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by Chijeep(m): 9:56am On Feb 20
Audio and illegal movement.
Let them first start from the millions they consume all in the name of holding public offices.

THEY'LL ALL SOUNDS FUNNY WHEN DECEIVING THERE GULLIBLE FELLOWS.
Mtchww cry

5 Likes

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by mobileboy: 9:56am On Feb 20
Another subsidy

The government should temporarily open the boarder and let food flow while we put our production in order

4 Likes

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by laurel03(m): 9:57am On Feb 20
Ance4Liverpool:
Obj farm doesn't even sell to people in his state... most of the products are exported.
If the state govt start with purchasing in bulk and sell better price for the citizen's of the state not bad idea and later they can also venture into farming and production

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by Olaide1295: 9:57am On Feb 20
People will love this but it will cause a problem in the long term. There is no increase in supply of food. Just using government money to buy in bulk and drive prices up for other states.
Subsidies are simply not sustainable. A sustainable move will be to use that money for mechanized farming that will employ people, produce more food and naturally reduce food prices (due to increased supply).

ONLY increase in supply of food will reduce prices.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by Krypton2000: 9:57am On Feb 20
Another bold move to loot the coffers dry ...just watch out

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by obinna58(m): 9:57am On Feb 20
grin cluelessness at it’s peak, is this not the same thing that led us into strong hardship

Keep purchasing food with state capital and regulating the prices until you run out of funds then hardship hits harder and you start making promises

4 Likes

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by Etimemy: 9:57am On Feb 20
Ance4Liverpool:
Learn to ask questions

3 Likes

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by axglide(m): 9:58am On Feb 20
Caramia2020:
Will he also regulate the prices of the supplier of goods

Did you read the write up, it’s very short and concise
Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by Parydelegate: 10:01am On Feb 20
Ok

It's really a bold move. I must commend him. Hopefully, this yields a positive result.

1 Like

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by Generation1: 10:01am On Feb 20
Ance4Liverpool:
Build farm now Abi what are you trying to say…. People are hungry and you are talking about farming now. They best way to go now is to import food to crash the price of food first.

5 Likes

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by PortHarcourtcit(m): 10:01am On Feb 20
And the people of Abia state is still celebrating the presence of Julius Berger...
Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by Paraman: 10:01am On Feb 20
mobileboy:
Another subsidy

The government should temporarily open the boarder and let food flow while we put our production in order
The governor of Akwa Ibom do not have the power to open the borders
Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by stano2(m): 10:01am On Feb 20
Headquarters of unemployment and zero Human development

4 Likes

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by Aiyeluujara(m): 10:02am On Feb 20
Great one, we need bold leaders

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by tojahh(m): 10:02am On Feb 20
yarimo:
This is very commendable from akwa ibom state governor, while his colleague in ABIA STATE always busy perfecting dubious ways to defraud the state. undecided undecided

This Alex Otti win for Abia state really dey give your entire household sleepless night sha grin

5 Likes

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by OVIHINNO(m): 10:02am On Feb 20
Ance4Liverpool:
Na WA oooo.
We are the cause of our problems in this country. People are hungry you are talking about building farms? This is a stop-gap solution for the moment to ensure food is affordable in the state. What is wrong with that policy? This is the most humane and thought out solution . Building farms and churning out products will take at least 18 months to actualize.

8 Likes

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by Faiththatworks(m): 10:02am On Feb 20
I totally support what the Governor of Akwa-ibom state is doing, anything to reduce the hardship the masses are going through right now is welcome.
I believe this is only a stop gap or short term measure due to the condition in the country,I will advice though that the Governor though should allow the board buy up excess produce from farmers once the planting and harvest season starts.
I'm sure once the farmers know There's an off-taker to buy their excess farm produce,more people will be encouraged to go into farming.
Like someone said in an opinion on another thread,this is time to introduce subsidy to farmers.
God bless Governor Eno.
God blessed Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by gbaskiboy: 10:02am On Feb 20
It is festival of hunger! Hunge does not discriminate when you don't have.
Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by Houstency(m): 10:02am On Feb 20
Ance4Liverpool:

I largely agre with you, but his approach isn't stupid like you posited. Both can work, and considering the timeframe, yours is sustainable with a mid to long term mindset while his, is short term. Na who dey alive dey get benefit of a mid term solution lol.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by zeyt: 10:03am On Feb 20
That was similar to agricultural subsidy that was long abandoned. Farmer desperate to sell their produce immediately after harvest are prone to lower gain. Government intervene by buying the produce at relatively high price and selling to end users at much lower price. Everyone is satisfied.
Now we are witnessing dual problem ofpoor leadership and corruption compounded by insecurity.

1 Like

Re: Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State by free2ryhme: 10:03am On Feb 20
Browndiary:
Press Release

Ekerete Udoh
February 19, 2024

All noise and bark no hite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clerk’s Appointment: N’assembly Service Commission Rejects Saraki’s Directive / Akeredolu And Family At House On The Rock Church For Granddaughter's Birthday / President Buhari And His 'fuji House Of Commotion' -- Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.