Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger (25267 Views)

Prices Of Paddy Drop In States / Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) / Honeywell Spaghetti Releases β€œMini” Version As Food Prices Increase (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Goodlady(f): 9:03am On Feb 20
G00dharddick:

You supported Tinubu, sadly he is a disaster. He isn't good. Stop blaming the north for the failure of the drug lord. Man is brain dead
I ll blame the north cos all bad things are coming from there. That aside, who's the mofo that's ya state gov?
Aren't you ashamed you are yet to stone ya gov cos he's a failure?
Where's the subsidyomeynhes been getting from June 2023?
You can focus on Tinubu alone but sane people know state govs are to be held by their blokkos!
Meanwhile, wish I knew you and I ll give you a dirty slap!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by berrystunn(m): 9:03am On Feb 20
Audio price.

ApC hope scam
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Donedeal1(m): 9:05am On Feb 20
Good one, PBAT has addressed accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by casualobserver: 9:06am On Feb 20
It turns out I was right, media reports coming in Speak of multiple interceptions of multiple trucks in Sokoto and Zamfara (2 xamples) attempting to carry grains across the border.

You could either say we are our own worst enemies in this country or that this is simple market economics at work. After all the supposed benefit of devaluation is to make exports more competitive.

casualobserver:
most of the costs of farm products in Nigeria are local. There is no reason for farm products to increase with the fall in naira. Petrol prices went up in may 2023 not gone up since, so what is the excuse? how does dollar affect the price of local rice, cassava, corn, shorghum, onions, yam, ewedu, pepper etc….are they imported…no! So this has nothing to do with dollar on the surface!!!

IMHO the only logical reason for the increase is that due to devaluation, Nigerian farm products are now cheaper for our neighbours across the borders so just like petrol that was smuggled to neighboring countries, traders make more money if they sell farm products across the border creating local shortfall. It I s cheaper to buy farm products from Nigeria creating huge demand for Nigerian farm produce. When demand outstrips supply prices go up.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by G00dharddick: 9:06am On Feb 20
Goodlady:

I ll blame the north cos all bad things are coming from there. That aside, who's the mofo that's ya state gov?
You can focus on Tinubu alone but sane people know state govs are to be held by their blokkos!
Meanwhile, wish I knew you and I ll give you a dirty slap!

Sadly your people in SW are the ones wailing and lamentating the most. Ebin pawa oooooooooooooooo!

By the time the okpolor eyes is done with you SW people Una eyes go clear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Intergrated: 9:07am On Feb 20
Rootprof:
Wake up masses it's all tactics, how can you move cement from 3500 to 10,000 and after meeting with government decided to reduce it to 8000 is that what masses vote you in for ??
Beans, rice price skyrocket from 32000 to 90,000 and now 70,000 and they expect us to be rejoicing ba. Na old format abeg, they make price high, masses suffer and then later bring it down a little then claim they are working. Joke apart this regime worse with little or no sympathy for masses. This might be my last post for now on nairaland cos I'm selling this phone this morning to pay half of my son school cos na small phone.
then what would u sale to complete the rest? My brother this is the worst time to be a Nigerian.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by UptownVibes(m): 9:08am On Feb 20
chiagozien:
Here bag of rice is now 33000
Your own too cost.. Here a bag of rice is #1500 undecided
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Mozegee: 9:09am On Feb 20
metaluterus:
Sponsored lies

The worst military government is better than all the Democratic government of Nigeria put together
And don't know what those guys are waiting for. The suffering is too much day by day
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Justiceleague1: 9:09am On Feb 20
Thanks be to God.
Southern governments should encourage farming and make provisions of equipments..we can be depending on the north every time for foods we can grow

2 Likes

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by gladdensir(m): 9:11am On Feb 20
I swear to God believe all this rubbish at your own peril. It's stark lies! I bought a paint rubber of garri at the rate of 1800 naira last week and I couldn't believe my ears when I was told yesterday at the same place that's it's now 2400 per paint rubber. I'm in Kwara state o.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Justiceleague1: 9:11am On Feb 20
iwaeda:
Nlfpmod, Kwara is one of the food baskets of the nation. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ahhh so I Kwara niyen 😁
Are you related to afeonjae?
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by iwaeda: 9:14am On Feb 20
Justiceleague1:

Ahhh so I Kwara niyen 😁
Are you related to afeonjae?
Iam full blooded Igbomina. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Jagznation(m): 9:15am On Feb 20
Big lie
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Maxtipulation(m): 9:16am On Feb 20
When them say wallahi tallahi know that is na lie they lied grin

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by gladdensir(m): 9:18am On Feb 20
Omagi:
cheesy says who? Things are damn expensive in Kwara here o. All these people have a special place in hell grin

Tell them o. No be Ogun go scatter the people wey dey bring dis lies?
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Indispensable85(m): 9:19am On Feb 20
Nigerians are wicked and greedy by default. Their leaders are half as wicked and greedy as the masses.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by excanny: 9:19am On Feb 20
Audio
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by ezegenigbonine: 9:20am On Feb 20
KingKO22:
Zikist won't be happy

As if any easterner ever complained of being hungry?
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by christistruth01: 9:23am On Feb 20
successmatters:
Good propaganda there
The intention is to give them the justification to invade peoples stores across the country. They will tell you it worked in Kano grin

Daily Trust Newspaper doesn't do Propaganda
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Rootprof(m): 9:24am On Feb 20
Intergrated:
then what would u sale to complete the rest? My brother this is the worst time to be a Nigerian.
My brother, next week is test and without paying atleast half he won't be allowed to sit for the test.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by RealEmilokan: 9:35am On Feb 20
Sponsored lies.

I really pity Nigerians, because they're in a really deep sh*t with this government.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by dfrost: 9:38am On Feb 20
Government must enable price control. If not, it will get worse.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by abbeyd2(m): 9:39am On Feb 20
I don't know the reason why we like to deceive ourselves. The government wants a drop in the price of food, and fertilizer NPK & UREA are still skyrocketing everything. If the farmer sells their farm products at a cheap price. How will they get money to farm again? Most of them are practicing irrigation farming. The price of petrol and gas is another issue. I'm not in support of the high cost of food but let the government do their part.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by oluwaseyi0: 9:40am On Feb 20
metaluterus:
Sponsored lies

The worst military government is better than all the Democratic government of Nigeria put together

your last line shows you were born recently ...kids everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Goodlady(f): 9:40am On Feb 20
G00dharddick:

Sadly your people in SW are the ones wailing and lamentating the most. Ebin pawa oooooooooooooooo!

By the time the okpolor eyes is done with you SW people Una eyes go clear.
I don't live in southwest. Their land is blessed and no man can curse!
However, Tinubu alone isn't the problem. All you are after is for his govt to crumble. After Tinubu leaves office, you ll find another person to blame if the person isn't your favorite candidate. So ya problem is identified and diagnosed.
Eat this and be alright for one hour cos ya madness is incurable!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by abbeyd2(m): 9:41am On Feb 20
Goodlady:

Meanwhile, wish I knew you and I'll give you a
dirty slap!
Let the northerners hold their goods for a month you will see shege πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚βœ¨
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by dfrost: 9:43am On Feb 20
Donedeal1:
Good one, PBAT has addressed accordingly.

Addressed what exactly? Address what? Someone that said his administration will not control price?

And then insecurity looms? I don't like discussing politics but macroeconomics and macroeconomics affects me too.

Policies, body language et al says a lot.

The cement move was already something in motion, a price was already promised. All was a gimmick so they will come down to the agreed pricing.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Goodlady(f): 9:44am On Feb 20
abbeyd2:

Let the northerners hold their goods for a month you will see shege πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚βœ¨
Shege, I want to see you so that I can beat the hell outta you!
Thunder faya ya keypad, phone, data and the north!
They should do their worst!
Afterall they v been selling to Niger. Allocations to them should be stopped make Niger and their terrorist president with Putin absorb them. Putin should give them Russian asylum make dem carry jihad go Russia!

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Dbakre1: 9:49am On Feb 20
It's true we have problems in Nigeria but they're fixable. I still wonder why some people hate good news.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Drbarmes(m): 9:49am On Feb 20
successmatters:
Good propaganda there
The intention is to give them the justification to invade peoples stores across the country. They will tell you it worked in Kano grin
Everything is propaganda to u. I'm a Taraban resident in Jalingo and the news is true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by trutht828: 9:50am On Feb 20
I stay in kwara and food price hasn't dropped

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Luckysbab: 9:52am On Feb 20
crossfm:
Hehehe.

This is a good one,but I still have my reservation.

From the article, big animal food companies stopped buying grains. This means livestock sector will be the ones who will suffer the most.

If there is no livestock feeds,our protein production will be greatly effected.

They are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

What if these companies decides to start production again,what will be the out come.

In my conclusion, prices will drop for days,then pick up again. The problem still remains.

The companies halted offtaking cos they noticed "artificial inflation".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Best Diet For Breastfeeding Mothers / Apart From Rice, Beans, Swallow & Indomie/Spaghetti, Whatelse Do You Eat? / Seller Tampers With Expired Lipton's Date Before Selling It(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.