Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger (25257 Views)

Prices Of Paddy Drop In States / Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) / Honeywell Spaghetti Releases โ€œMiniโ€ Version As Food Prices Increase (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Luckysbab: 9:56am On Feb 20
Saintinoo:
This drop in price of Maize and soybeans is as a result of temporary suspension of purchase by companies. This was the agreement with the government, soon the prices will still go up.

In all this price of rice keeps going up. In case you doubt me, I am in Taraba and the price of rice is out of this world.

Is it not the same Taraba where hundreds of warehouses are locked up, hoarding various food items? Is that blame also in the government?

Let them introduce whistleblower policy and see how things turn around.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by NECO1998: 10:12am On Feb 20
Which Niger State? Is it the same Niger State that I reside? Linus!
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by ufuosman(m): 10:21am On Feb 20
All dis na wash, d prices is still on a high side
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Inosky(m): 10:38am On Feb 20
It's earlier southern governors start investing massively in agriculture and food processing industries, providing trucks to convey the food items produced to those industries and market destinations. When the northern politicians who used Fulan!s terrorists to stop Southerners from farming their lands, block food from coming down the south, food inflation and hunger will be more in the south. Hunger doesn't understand that you have a house, not a farm.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by iamtardey: 10:51am On Feb 20
angry Lies
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Bahamas95(m): 10:52am On Feb 20
Northerners don't have much problem when it comes to compliance, all they need is a big man to give the order and they would obey.

If you wanna see pure witchcraft and wickedness come to the South.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Allymosh: 10:54am On Feb 20
I don't understand why Kwara state government keep silent while trader is exploiting masses without action taken by government

I will implore govt to go tough with those evil Cal themselves trader.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by tnerro1(m): 11:05am On Feb 20
chiagozien:
Here bag of rice is now 33000

Send 3 come
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by AuwalYusuf812(m): 11:17am On Feb 20
Which side for Kano. The last time I entered market it was still the same. 2days ago.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Rejoice28(f): 11:36am On Feb 20
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Zxcvbnmghtr: 12:13pm On Feb 20
successmatters:
Good propaganda there
The intention is to give them the justification to invade peoples stores across the country. They will tell you it worked in Kano grin

Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚. Your heart is so dark. No light at all. But why. Despite this news you are not happy. Truth is, it's not propaganda. Prices of grains is seriously dropping. You will die young from this your heart disease.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by metaluterus(f): 12:25pm On Feb 20
oluwaseyi0:

your last line shows you were born recently ...kids everywhere

Yes I can see you are also a kid for quoting me back
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by khattab02: 12:53pm On Feb 20
Until the price comes down to what it was before May 29 2023. Then we can smile.

If it goes further down that price of May 29 2023 then we know emilokan is on track and road to success. Anything other than that na hogwash.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by khattab02: 12:55pm On Feb 20
Bahamas95:
Northerners don't have much problem when it comes to compliance, all they need is a big man to give the order and they would obey.

If you wanna see pure witchcraft and wickedness come to the South.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by khattab02: 12:59pm On Feb 20
Rejoice28:
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom
aunty preacher please tell God Almighty how we go survive this Naija??

undecided
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Saintinoo(m): 2:37pm On Feb 20
Luckysbab:

Is it not the same Taraba where hundreds of warehouses are locked up, hoarding various food items? Is that blame also in the government?

Let them introduce whistleblower policy and see how things turn around.

Which warehouse in Taraba did you see hundreds of warehouse locked up with grains? You are mistaken Kano with Taraba, and hoarding of food though being an economic crime, should be blamed on the government for allowing merchants do the hoarding, if our government are really serious with governance, merchants will not see food to hoard because government would have bought it all.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by commoditiesnig: 2:40pm On Feb 20
iwaeda:

https://dailytrust.com/food-prices-drop-in-kano-taraba-kwara-niger/
Very good news.. Kudos to the State Governors for proactive actions
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by KORLAR(m): 4:09pm On Feb 20
successmatters:
Good propaganda there
The intention is to give them the justification to invade peoples stores across the country. They will tell you it worked in Kano grin

In all of what has been written, this is your only deduction?

Sometimes, we need to be objective in our thinking.

Did food prices go down or not?
Will this development better the lives of citizens or not?

In this same article, major feed producers have termed the increase in prices artificial.

It's not all the time you oppose actions of government for the sake of opposition.

Think!
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Goddyrichie(m): 4:11pm On Feb 20
chiagozien:
where is that ?
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Konquest: 5:40pm On Feb 20
iwaeda:

https://dailytrust.com/food-prices-drop-in-kano-taraba-kwara-niger/
Taraba

Similarly in Taraba State, prices of maize, millet, sorghum, white beans, soybeans and dried cassava have come down at Mutum Biyu, Garba-Chede, Maihula and Iware markets.

At Maihula town, a farmer, Ali Maihula, yesterday told Daily Trust that the price of 100kg bag of maize had dropped from N54,000 to N40,000; soybeans, from N40,000 to N32,000; sorghum from N50,000 to N41,00; a mudu of locally processed rice, from N2,300 to N1,700; and white beans dropped from N2,100 to N1,600.

A trader, Garba Mutum Biyu, attributed the price drop to the absence of middlemen who used to make bulk purchases at the markets.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Xkay29(m): 6:16pm On Feb 20
I was in kara Ajase Kwara state last week to witness this from an angry seller who made me believe the then price of maize and paddy rice and the price now. The person was angry for not selling his maize and paddy rice before now. Honestly,that made me asked myself why is it not happening thesame way in Osun.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by yahmohy27: 6:53pm On Feb 20
crossfm:
Hehehe.

This is a good one,but I still have my reservation.

From the article, big animal food companies stopped buying grains. This means livestock sector will be the ones who will suffer the most.

If there is no livestock feeds,our protein production will be greatly effected.

They are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

What if these companies decides to start production again,what will be the out come.

In my conclusion, prices will drop for days,then pick up again. The problem still remains.
Let the protein production wait first
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Ayharmony99(m): 10:43pm On Feb 20
chiagozien:
in which state
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Luckysbab: 10:56pm On Feb 20
Saintinoo:

Which warehouse in Taraba did you see hundreds of warehouse locked up with grains? You are mistaken Kano with Taraba, and hoarding of food though being an economic crime, should be blamed on the government for allowing merchants do the hoarding, if our government are really serious with governance, merchants will not see food to hoard because government would have bought it all.

You mean Mutum Biyu is in Kano?

Dey play.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Kingisibor: 12:39am On Feb 21
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Saintinoo(m): 6:17am On Feb 21
[quote author=Luckysbab post=128561815]

You mean Mutum Biyu is in Kano?

You see your problem? Come and show me the over 100 warehouse in Mutum biyu, you stay in west and listen to propaganda from your west newspaper, if you remove one hundred houses from mutum biyu, that small village becomes a desert, so where is the hundred warehouses located.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Luckysbab: 8:17am On Feb 21
[quote author=Saintinoo post=128563985][/quote]

You're not serious bro. Rest!

You really think everyone on the internet isn't learned about what they say.

There are more than enough warehouses in Mutum Biyu up to Kopi holding hoarded goods. I say it with all certainty.
Re: Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger by Saintinoo(m): 1:22pm On Feb 21
Luckysbab:

You're not serious bro. Rest!

You really think everyone on the internet isn't learned about what they say.

There are more than enough warehouses in Mutum Biyu up to Kopi holding hoarded goods. I say it with all certainty.

With all the google map you use, you can't count up to 100 large house of the seize of warehouse in Mutum biyu, I am in Jalingo presently and Jalingo to Mutun biyu is just 1500 naira, come and show me 100 warehouse in Mutun biyu or even Iwarw or Graba chide.

Most of the so called warehouse you are talking about are in Jalingo and Ardo Kola, most trucks you sew carrying grains from Taraba take it to Kano, Sokoto and Katsina.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Best Diet For Breastfeeding Mothers / Apart From Rice, Beans, Swallow & Indomie/Spaghetti, Whatelse Do You Eat? / Bournvita Vs Milo: Which One Do You Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.