Stats: 3,152,336 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? (719 Views)

Are We Sure This Man Wants To Hand Over Power? / Are We Sure Nigeria is Heading Into Lebanon Life With This 20000 Naira A Day Pol / How Are We Sure This Young Man Is Tinubu? (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 10:38am On Feb 20
A hotel I used to stay in a high brow area in Lagos although through a discount cost me N35,000.00 a night . Called my friend last week and asked him how much is that room going for now . And he said between 40,000 and 45,000 but not more than. 45,000.00

That started make me thinking is there really an inflation in Nigeria or is just cloud people catching cruise. πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by SpartaOfLagos: 10:41am On Feb 20
The hotel needs patronage because they've lost customers due to the dwindling economy

They are sacrificing more just to keep customers coming . I hope they are paying staffs working there ? Make e no be sey na staffs salary Dem dey use cover there loses

Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by EreluRoz: 10:42am On Feb 20
What are you doing in hotels? Don't you have a home? What joy do you people derive from this hotel lifestyle?
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 10:44am On Feb 20
EreluRoz:
What are you doing in hotels? Don't you have a home? What joy do you people derive from this hotel lifestyle?

Oh boy I be visitor for your country. And I think Nigeria is actually d cheapest country in Africa because of d devaluation of Naira. Tourist should be trooping to Nigeria.

Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by EreluRoz: 10:47am On Feb 20
KnowAll:

Oh boy I be visitor for your country. And I think Nigeria is actually d cheapest country in Africa because of d devaluation of Naira. Tourist should be trooping to Nigeria.
Big boy you are noticed undecided
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 10:54am On Feb 20
EreluRoz:
Big boy you are noticed undecided

I know that 35,000 a day is some peopleβ€˜d salary a month but for anyone coming from abroad your dollar, pounds, and Euro would go far in Nigeria.

I once spent Β£500.00 for 2 days in a 2 star Irish hotel in Dublin eating yeye food. But for Naija d pounded yam I ate with ego riro- at 3000 per plate is out of this world.

Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 10:57am On Feb 20
SpartaOfLagos:
The hotel needs patronage because they've lost customers due to the dwindling economy

They are sacrificing more just to keep customers coming . I hope they are paying staffs working there ? Make e no be sey na staffs salary Dem dey use cover there loses

Would you have an empty room because u won collect 80,000 a night.

Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by Splashme: 11:04am On Feb 20
SpartaOfLagos:

You have time to reply him.

Could you imagine him saying people were just chasing cloud and catching cruise?
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 11:06am On Feb 20
Splashme:

You have time to reply him.

Could you imagine him saying people were just chasing cloud and catching cruise?

It is fake rise in price hence y prices are already falling. In Kwara bag of rice is now 45,000 . That is y social media is bad, people catching cruise over everything.

Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by Beautifulday: 11:06am On Feb 20
KnowAll:
A hotel I used to stay in a high brow area in Lagos although through a discount cost me N35,000.00 a night . Called my friend last week and asked him how much is that room going for now . And he said between 40,000 and 45,000 but not more than. 45,000.00

That started make me thinking is there really an inflation in Nigeria or is just cloud people catching cruise. πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

Hotel and bar are not making profit now. They are just surviving hoping for a turn around in the economy.
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by Splashme: 11:09am On Feb 20
KnowAll:

It is fake rise in price hence y prices are already falling. In Kwara bag of rice is now 45,000 . That is y social media is bad, people catching cruise over everything.

How much is a bag of Cement
in Kwara?

Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 11:21am On Feb 20
Splashme:

How much is a bag of Cement
in Kwara?

It is what is called bandwagon effect. When people lose confidence they just raise their prices on hear say.

Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 11:22am On Feb 20
Beautifulday:

Hotel and bar are not making profit now. They are just surviving hoping for a turn around in the economy.

Once you have built your hotel and you are not owing a penny to anyone, common sense says u should charge what is reasonable.

Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by Moneywirer: 11:27am On Feb 20
You don't need to be told
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by Beautifulday: 11:32am On Feb 20
KnowAll:

Once you have built your hotel and you are not owing a penny to anyone, common sense says u should charge what is reasonable.

Ok! How many Nigerians sleeps in hotels since last year? Has the cost of hotels reduced with reduced patronage? No rather it has increased.

I dey go out almost every day. Bars are empty. Few there just chill with one bottle some with soft drinks self.

Have the cost of running those bars reduced? The answer is no. In fact most don't put on their diesel engines any more.

Business is not come sense. Business is business sense.

Only business people have business sense. Common sense people fail in business

Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:53am On Feb 20
You are lying oga
Put down the name of the hotel make we confirm,
You mean to tell me a hotel would run diesel for 16 hours a day, have an increment of staff salaries, increment in cost of transportation etc and still charge thesame amount?
You these APC people una be devill worshippers
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20
StaffofOrayan:
You are lying oga
Put down the name of the hotel make we confirm,
You mean to tell me a hotel would run diesel for 16 hours a day, have an increment of staff salaries, increment in cost of transportation etc and still charge thesame amount?
You these APC people una be devill worshippers

Can’t u read I said I get a discounted rate. If you walk off d street and come to this hotel’s lobby asking for a room b4 I think it was between 75,000 & 80,000 but I am discounted because man no man!

And of course I will not name the hotel.
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:47pm On Feb 20
KnowAll:

Can’t u read I said I get a discounted rate. If you walk off d street and come to this hotel’s lobby asking for a room b4 I think it was between 75,000 & 80,000 but I am discounted because man no man!

And of course I will not name the hotel.

If you are getting a discounted rate then your thread is meaningless!
Like a man that uses his frequent flier miles to travel claiming air travel is very cheap

Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 4:52pm On Feb 20
StaffofOrayan:

If you are getting a discounted rate then your thread is meaningless!
Like a man that uses his frequent flier miles to travel claiming air travel is very cheap

That discounted rate is what I pay anytime I am in town. And it was 35,000 a night which has increased to 40,000 or 45,000 it is this small movement that I thought the inflation is not as bad as people are saying.
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by franchasofficia: 4:54pm On Feb 20
EreluRoz:
Hian!

Sometimes I just go to my choice hotel to ease stress. If I dare that at home, my kids will never let me rest no matter the instruction given to their carers, they will always find a way to crip into my room and start calling my name 100 times per minute and before you know it they are dragging something and fighting who to be in possession of one thing or another and at the end rest I won't have lol

We don't always go to the hotel to fvck chicks, I personally go there often to chill out, carry out some personal tasks away from office or home troubles lol

And a married man can't be hanging out with his friends in his home na, especially if he is doing well financially and can afford a hotel suite where he can hang out with friends, discuss business, politics and other lifestyle issues without kids or wife interference or eavesdropping cheesy

Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by EreluRoz: 4:59pm On Feb 20
franchasofficia:
Hian!

Sometimes I just go to my choice hotel to ease stress. If I dare that at home, my kids will never let me rest no matter the instruction given to their carers, they will always find a way to crip into my room and start calling my name 100 times per minute and before you know it they are dragging something and fighting who to be in possession of one thing or another and at the end rest I won't have lol

We don't always go to the hotel to fvck chicks, I personally go there often to chill out, carry out some personal tasks away from office or home troubles lol

And a married man can't be hanging out with his friends in his home na, especially if he is doing well financially and can afford a hotel suite where he can hang out with friends, discuss business, politics and other lifestyle issues without kids or wife interference or eavesdropping cheesy
You that I know will never be in that hotel alone πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ never.

But I get your point sha, please allow the kids to disturb and distract you sometimes, it's part of their childhood memories.
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 4:59pm On Feb 20
franchasofficia:
Hian!

Did not know staying in hotel in Nigeria means u won go knack. Was wondering y someone would be asking me y do I go stay in a hotel. But then I want where there would be light 24 hours and hot and cold shower 24 hours a day. So hence y I stay in a hotel.
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:06pm On Feb 20
KnowAll:

That discounted rate is what I pay anytime I am in town. And it was 35,000 a night which has increased to 40,000 or 45,000 it is this small movement that I thought the inflation is not as bad as people are saying.

75,000 & 80,000 is the real price then?

Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by franchasofficia: 5:12pm On Feb 20
KnowAll:

That's if Nigeria had adequate security and reduced crime rate.

It is high insecurity and crime that is chasing tourists away from Nigeria, they prefer to go to Kenya, Tanzania, Ivory Coast, etc
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by Bullfallo(m): 5:13pm On Feb 20
I’m more poorer. Last 2 years i was doing ict work for 150k that cab get me 200$ To pay for thing online and the change remain would feed me and pay bills . Today i am still doing the work for 150k-200k reasons is that no customer is ready to pay more. Instead of doing nothing at all. I accept some and leave some. Can only get you 100$ with nothing left to feed.

Does that means there is no inflation?
Business and Nigerians are only poorer. Instead of some business to close shop they are just opening to remain afloat. Some hotels only adds 2k-5k because no customer

Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by franchasofficia: 5:14pm On Feb 20
EreluRoz:
You that I know will never be in that hotel alone πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ never.

But I get your point sha, please allow the kids to disturb and distract you sometimes, it's part of their childhood memories.
hehe, come and join me na cos I am there as we speak and seriously need gist partner cheesy

I spend lots of time with them oh, but sometimes man need rest to reboot and restrategize for better days ahead smiley
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by EreluRoz: 5:18pm On Feb 20
franchasofficia:
hehe, come and join me na cos I am there as we speak and seriously need gist partner cheesy

I spend lots of time with them oh, but sometimes man need rest to reboot and restrategize for better days ahead smiley
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

You really need the rest to keep up. Weldone
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by franchasofficia: 5:22pm On Feb 20
EreluRoz:
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

You really need the rest to keep up. Weldone
Hehe, you no say anything to my request shocked grin
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by EreluRoz: 5:29pm On Feb 20
franchasofficia:
Hehe, you no say anything to my request shocked grin
You want make madam stone me? I'm married too. πŸ˜†
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by epicpersonas: 5:31pm On Feb 20
KnowAll:

I guess you want to tell us about your first time in a hotel.
But your post is quite dumb by the way.
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by franchasofficia: 5:32pm On Feb 20
EreluRoz:
You want make madam stone me? I'm married too. πŸ˜†
Hehe, it's even better, married people friendship nothing more nothing less, Madam and Oga will understand cheesy
Re: Are We Sure There Is Inflation In Nigeria??? by Kcfresh2103(m): 5:32pm On Feb 20
No inflation.....na deflation de Nigeria.

Naira Still 3rd Worst Performing Currency Against Dollar / Sokoto-badagry Highway Project Set To Kick Off As Federal Gov’t Approves Design / Nigerians Flee Bakassi, As Handover Date Approaches

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53