Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,795 members, 7,831,575 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation (31004 Views)

Biggest Mess Created In 2023 Was Naira Devaluation From N460 To N1,400-Dangote / Naira devaluation: BDCs get dollars at ₦393, sell for N494 / Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by ShenTeh(m): 8:35pm On Feb 20
We are the new Zimbabwe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by Killermamba: 8:35pm On Feb 20
cjudy:
grin

all thanks to una president.
@ seun why is that bbqgrillmanner account difficult to quote. he will insult other people but they can’t quote him why? why the ojoro in this forum? why giving that tribalist and coconut head immune to insult others.
u nor know say seun na bastard before

1 Like

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by Whalis: 8:35pm On Feb 20
A time will come when those who Looted Nigeria dry will beg to return their loots so that we can have Nigeria again.

2 Likes

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by chigo32: 8:35pm On Feb 20
Mr. Man stop all this rubbish comparison, it is only Nigeria that has failed. Other Africa countries are doing well, your stupid president has failed everyone. This is how he built Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by Menclothing: 8:36pm On Feb 20
What is currently happening in the world is what the Bible call famine
Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by Honestey: 8:37pm On Feb 20
Going by the trend, naira will reach N4000 per dollar by next month.
Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by andy244: 8:38pm On Feb 20
Gajagojo:
The simple truth is Africa is being gamed with the dollar to pay for th war in Ukraine

Not true.. Tinubu is the cause. He left our exchange rate in the hands of the Aboki BDC to determine. When he floated the naira. Now everyone can see how the naira is floating non stop. Tinubu is a disaster

2 Likes

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by cjudy(m): 8:40pm On Feb 20
Killermamba:
u nor know say seun na bastard before
very anyhow human being
Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by themanderon: 8:41pm On Feb 20
This article is talking about Kenya whose shillings is maintaining a steady rise against the dollar. When has Nigeria naira ever maintained a steady rise against the dollar? Instead it falls by the hundreds and rises by the units. Is that one a currency?
The truth is the same guys causing the problem are the ones saddled with solving the problem so we a stuck in a vicious cycle to nowhere.
Apc and the mandate thief have finally killed Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by Gajagojo: 8:43pm On Feb 20
andy244:

Not true.. Tinubu is the cause. He left our exchange rate in the hands of the Aboki BDC to determine. When he floated the naira. Now everyone can see how the naira is floating non stop. Tinubu is a disaster

You are entitled to your opinion

1 Like

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by InvertedHammer: 8:44pm On Feb 20
/
I wonder what happened to these two brilliant NL quasi-economists (Pocohantas and doggedfighter) who believed very much in naira 3 months ago. Reality is king.
It reminds one of those MMM loafers cool who couldn't smell the coffee until the inevitable happened.

/

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by pocohantas(f): 8:48pm On Feb 20
InvertedHammer:
/
I wonder what happened to these two brilliant NL quasi-economists (Pocohantas and doggedfighter) who believed very much in naira 3 months ago. Reality is king.

I am quite amused at people like you who are delighted at the free fall of the Naira when millions of Nigerians are starving.

Oh you are right! It is on its way to N5000/$.
Erudite Economist!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by Bahamas95(m): 8:48pm On Feb 20
cjudy:
grin

all thanks to una president.
@ seun why is that bbqgrillmanner account difficult to quote. he will insult other people but they can’t quote him why? why the ojoro in this forum? why giving that tribalist and coconut head immune to insult others.
Na today you know say Nairaland dey bias?

Are you aware you're compelled to swear to a certain god and denounce another before commenting on any Islamic thread? It's not like that in christian threads.

1 Like

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by Moniya4Real(m): 8:49pm On Feb 20
Na wa o! You eee your life? As ineffectual as Jonathan regime was .. you still think he performed well abi? Even though Jonathan’s regime was way better compared to these last two failures we have he(Jonathan is still a failure as well compared to his predecessors. Imagine All our leaders ( from 1960 till date ) can’t solve power issue till date- shame on them All,

“how can we get back to the Jonathan regime of how things are will be like miracle💔”

Malvinn:
Tinubu administration has end this country.. how can we get back to the Jonathan regime of how things are will be like miracle💔
Meanwhile at a cheap price dm me for your logo and flyer design
Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by InvertedHammer: 8:52pm On Feb 20
pocohantas:

I am quite amused at people like you who are delighted at the free fall of the Naira when millioms of Nigerians are starving.

Oh you are right! It is on its way to N5000/$.
Erudite Economist!
/
Take emotions out of it.

Expect to get burned if you run into a burning building.

Am I delighted? Of course!

/

1 Like

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by pocohantas(f): 8:53pm On Feb 20
InvertedHammer:

/
Take emotions out of it.
Am I delighted? Of course!
/

You should be delighted. It is more important to your kind that you say "I said it".

3 Likes

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by KanuSE: 8:53pm On Feb 20
motionarena:
Some wicked forces are behind this.
This is not a matter of weather we export or not.

Have we ever been an exporting nation but e never bad like this. Our economy bad but e still beta pass many African countries.

Abi Somali get better economy pass us

Try and research on Nigeria's external debt to GDP ratio, and you will understand what's happening.

1 Like

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by bizzibodi(m): 8:54pm On Feb 20
Just look at Egypt & Kenya exchange rate to a dollar still in hundreds cry cry cry
Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by toujurs: 8:56pm On Feb 20
Emmylay12:
Nigeria is gone ! We all should wake up and do what is right
And what is right?

1 Like

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by israelmao(m): 8:58pm On Feb 20
Shopping for excuses to cover up their failures.Misery loves company.
Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by InvertedHammer: 9:01pm On Feb 20
pocohantas:

You should be delighted. It is more important to your kind that you say "I said it".
/

If you are a Christian, better start praying that Jerome Powell starts cutting US interest rates soon and 10 Treasury yield falls. Heck if US equities take a dive and there is overall flight to safety by investors, US dollars jump and naira melts to abyss. It is not rocket science but reality.

/

/

2 Likes

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by blueAgent(m): 9:02pm On Feb 20
Gajagojo:
The simple truth is Africa is being gamed with the dollar to pay for th war in Ukraine

Sighs
Rubbish, how much do the African countries have?

1 Like

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by pocohantas(f): 9:03pm On Feb 20
InvertedHammer:

/

If you are a Christian, better start praying that Jerome Powell starts cutting US interest rates soon and 10 Treasury yield falls. Heck if US equities take a dive and there is overall flight to safety by investors, US dollars jump and naira melts to abyss. It is not rocket science but reality.

/

/

I should pray for what? Na you dey feed me as Nigeria hard? Let me join you to pray it skyrockets to N5000/$. Isn't that the reality?

1 Like

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by Yankee101: 9:05pm On Feb 20
Nigeria too should be on the list
Listen to IMF advice at your own risk
They impose on you what they can’t do in Europe or America

1 Like

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by cjudy(m): 9:06pm On Feb 20
Bahamas95:
Na today you know say Nairaland dey bias?

Are you aware you're compelled to swear to a certain god and denounce another before commenting on any Islamic thread? It's not like that in christian threads.
just imagine the rubbish they’re doing
Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by Gajagojo: 9:06pm On Feb 20
blueAgent:

Sighs
Rubbish, how much do the African countries have?
How much does the war in Ukraine cost?
Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by Ogaonos: 9:15pm On Feb 20
motionarena:
Some wicked forces are behind this.
This is not a matter of weather we export or not.

Have we ever been an exporting nation but e never bad like this. Our economy bad but e still beta pass many African countries.

Abi Somali get better economy pass us
nthing like weaked forces na buhari govt cast mata high borrowing ,and most of our CBN governors are mere bank managers who don't undastand currency .esp ikonjo iweala
Most naija politicians don't undastand economics it give them mirage headache

.for example price of food determine ur purchase power
Fuel,diesel determine ur food due to logistics and cost of farming like irrigation ,tractors,harvester etc
Minimum wage

For example if exhange rate is 100 naira to a dollar so DT our product will not be expensive to export .to Africa for example
1 naira to a dollar no good is like u saying Bleep u africa i want to trade and associate with d west and u knw the crowd of nations that are far more organise and build strong biz relatnship with d west many .

So we have 100naira to a dollar
Fuel is 50/60naira to a litre
But price of local grow food is subsidize like ugu of 200naira is now 10naira
Garri ,beans sold for 850 on season while off season 1k
Naija rice maybe 1800 on season while 2k to 2300 naira off season
Chicken small one is maybe 250 while big one is 650 nsira
Minimum wage is 30k
But teacher and nurse are paid minimum wage of 60k

You dey earn. 30 k go jux spend only about 5k to buy bag of garri,beans ,nd rice plus cartoon of indomine ,wheat or semolina

Who dey do chicken suya or barbeque chicken plus plaintain chips will be sold for 500naira if they sell 30 to 100 orders a day if his using app food delivery
250 profit× 30 =7500naira a day
THAT HOW OYINBO COUNTRY DEY DO AM WHERE DEY MSKE OUR JAPA PPLE DEY ALWAYS DEY SAY LIFE FOR ABROAD EASY ND U SEE DEM DEY FRESH

2 Likes

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by badoh(m): 9:19pm On Feb 20
EtinosaDLaw:
The man that built lagos has destroyed Nigeria.

I nearly wept today when a female factory worker seated beside me in a canteen ordered for #200 rice and stew. No beans, no plantain, no meat. The food just looked so paltry, bland, and uninspiring. You could tell that she just needed to put something in her belly for the morning. May God punish Tinubu and his son Seyi.
You nearly wept but could not assist the girl by buying beans or meat for her. Though I don't know your pocket but if peradventure you had more with you and ñever assisted her, then you're not different from those inflicting hardship on Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by amAZEing: 9:23pm On Feb 20
HeatSeeker:

https://businessday.ng/big-read/article/herere-african-countries-worst-hit-by-currency-devaluation/

Is this an excuse for the wicked devilish Emperors of a suffering country hit with untold hardship.
Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by Hakeem66: 9:29pm On Feb 20
APC dey try. Black can never be white. Continue the stupid comparison to justify your incompetence.

1 Like

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by nedekid: 9:37pm On Feb 20
MASTERCHIEF0847:
Only Kenya and Egypt...2 countries out of over 50 in Africa.
Dont mind the op, being smart by half. Which one of those countries have had in 6 months their currency devalued by
close to 200%? Or in 9 years of a locust party from ₦200 to ₦1900 to a dollar?
Do Nigerians even understand the kind of poverty this apc has brought?
If you had ₦50m in your account 9 years ago, you had $250,000.
Today if you have 50m it is now worth $27,000!

2 Likes

Re: African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation by flexy44vibez: 9:38pm On Feb 20
Nigeria is also seeing shege.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Notes Scarcity: CBN Issues Fresh Directive To Banks / "I Started Small, Bank Of Industry Lifted Me" - Innoson / Guide To Sheabutter Opportunities, Export, Extraction And Refinery In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.