Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure (7738 Views)

Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest / Peter Obi Can't Win Presidential Election - Labour Party State Chairmen / Christopher Elehu: Gunmen Kill Labour Party State Constituency Candidate In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by LegendHero(m): 7:35pm On Feb 20
Gentle men of the Press, we thank you for your prompt response to our invitation even at a short notice. Thank you for always being a partner in this onerous task of rescuing Nigeria from the stranglehold of a few desperate men in power. However, the purpose of this press conference is to intimate you on the recent development in our great party.

We are here to pay a solidarity visit to the entire members of the National Working Committee of our great party and particularly to our National Chairman, Barrister Julius Abure. We are here to reinforce our confidence on the Barrister Abure’s leadership of the Labour Party and his ability to provide good and transparent leadership.

We are here also to use the opportunity to respond to some of the spurious and unfounded allegations that are being made generally on the leadership of the party especially the one that has to do with mismanagement of funds of the party and lack of transparency in the management of the affairs of the party.

We are a critical part of the leadership of the Labour Party being members of the National Executive Committee. This present NWC is our baby and we have entrusted our collective trust on it having carefully selected it based on the members pedigree, integrity and administrative capacity to lead the rest of us.

This leadership has displayed high level of transparency in the management of the party finances. The audit report as prepared by the external auditor is very clear about the finances of the party. Let me emphatically state here that our money is not missing. We didn’t generate N3.5b as claimed by the now suspended National Treasurer. We can confirm that the party only realized N1.3 million during the 2023 general election and another Seven Hundred Million naira donations which was used by the Presidential Campaign Council. All these monies were lodged in the banks and were promptly receipted. The audit is also clear about the money generated during the off season elections and how it was managed.

Her allegation that the National Chairman didn’t allow her perform her duties was also a huge lies. In all our financial dealings with the national headquarters, she has always being the officer that has attended to us. From the records, virtually all the cheques were signed by her and the National Chairman. It is obvious she may have been influenced to lie against the National Chairman.

You may be wondering why our National Leader and Presidential Candidate in the last general election, Peter Obi seems to be silent on this matter. The truth is that our leader has mediated privately on this matter, he is also aware that the sustained attacks against Barrister Abure are sponsored and are politically motivated. Again, our leader knows the role the National Chairman played during the process of his joining the party, after he joined the party and even during the campaign; he is aware of the immense sacrifices made by the leadership of the party for the project to become a reality. He is also aware that all the allegations are unfounded and spurious. That is why he chose to remain silent because he knows the truth. He also knows that the national chairman is honest and dedicated and he is also passionate about the growth and development of the party.

His decision to involve an independent auditor is a welcome one and we believe that the outcome will finally exonerate Julius Abure and also expose the lies being peddled by the suspended Treasurer. It is very clear that the sponsored crisis is the handwork of our political opponents that are afraid of the future of the party. They are probably nursing fears and are looking for every opportunity to derail the party and to ensure that it is unable to realize its set goals. Labour Party is a dynamite and the fear of the party is the beginning of wisdom for our opponents.

We also want to use this opportunity to debunk the allegation that the Labour Party are planning to suspend our National Leader, Peter Obi. Like we said earlier, our party is under worst siege ever, including unleashing fierce propaganda against the party. The party has not at any time contemplated a suspension of our leader. He remains our leader and will continue to lead the party in our avowed determination to pull this nation out from the strangulation under this present government. We are also using this opportunity to beg our media friends to cease on going media trial against our party and its leaders. What you are witnessing now is orchestrated and will fizzle out very soon.

We are also aware that some people are afraid of the fortunes of the party in Edo state governorship election. Our exploits in Edo state, generally referred as the headquarters of the OBIDIENT Movement in Nigeria has not ceased to discomfort them and they are going all the way to fan embers of discord within the party. We want to assure them that their plots will fail and the party will trudge on to massive victory.

Finally, few days ago, we read in the social media of a group of urchins who claimed that they are Labour Party state chairmen. We thank you the main stream media for largely ignoring them. We do not know them; they are not our members. Seated here today in our national headquarters are the authentic state chairmen of the Labour Party recognized by the INEC. Those men were touts picked on the streets and baptized with titles as state chairmen by the dissident former members of the party. It is no longer news as to who they are working for and what their assignments are. Today, we have expressed our satisfaction with the way our party is run and we have passed a vote of confidence on Barrister Julius Abure and his executive. We thank them for being true patriots and we pray the posterity will be kind to them for all the sacrifices they are making to salvage this nation at huge price they are paying now.

SIGN

Ceekay Igara
Chairman
Council of State Chairmen
Labour Party

20-02-2024

Source: https://labourparty.com.ng/labour-party-state-chairmen-pay-a-solidarity-visit-to-the-national-chairman-barrister-julius-abure-pass-vote-of-confidence-on-him/

7 Likes

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by madridguy(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20
Abure the maradonna of our time grin Obi-Pandoro think say he get sense, he used the hijab wearing scammer to corner foreign donation, still do some abracada with local donation, abi how come legal fee will be higher than campaign expenses.... Labour Party don turn to cashout party tongue

Congratulations to all the winners and I hope Abure will find my Alhaji Lamidi Apapa some money too make he no chop alone cheesy

Ellu P 78
Hoe-bi 79
Yes daddy don carry him followers handicap.

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by AqualinaXYZ: 7:41pm On Feb 20
madridguy:
grin

Madridguy the way una technocrat first class Chicago graduate take rub una shame for face ehnnn I come dey pity una

No more bragging rights

Una just dey avoid Nairaland threads like where Tinubu deh avoid interview

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by cpu2006(m): 7:44pm On Feb 20
I pass vote of no confidence on Julius Abure. Obi peter should pls take party structure from him and give it to Aisha Yusufu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by LegendHero(m): 7:45pm On Feb 20
Like I said, Abure don hold Obi by the jagular.

If Obi try to say make Abure step aside, he will just open the can of worm of the campaign funds embezzled by Obi and his side chick Aisha.

So for now, they must all pass vote of confidence. I pity my man Olumide Akpata, they don carry am handicap as Abure go just raise one man hand for Edo and everywhere go set.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by Frigga13: 7:51pm On Feb 20
LegendHero:
Like I said, Abure don hold Obi by the jaguar.

If Obi try to say make Abure step aside, he will just open the can of worm of the campaign funds embezzled by Obi and his side chick Aisha.

So for now, they must all pass vote of confidence. I pity my man Olumide Akpata, they don carry am handicap as Abure go just raise one man hand for Edo and everywhere go set.

Nigerians are hungry .. forget Abure and Obi..

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by LegendHero(m): 7:53pm On Feb 20
Frigga13:

Nigerians are hungry .. forget Abure and Obi..

So if I don’t comment about Abure and Obi, Nigerians will start eating fried rice and salad tonight?

Asgard na 2024 we dey, try to be coherent.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by SpartaOfLagos: 7:54pm On Feb 20
LegendHero:

So if I don’t comment about Abure and Obi, Nigerians will start eating fried rice and salad tonight?

Una first class Chicago graduate has turn out to be the most clueless president followed by muhammadu buhari

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by a4cube: 7:56pm On Feb 20
LegendHero:

They are looting dangote truck at Agbowo Ibadan right now.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by Frigga13: 7:57pm On Feb 20
LegendHero:

This man sef..

What ideas you don drop for gbaja .. to forward to c n c?

You don’t understand what’s happening.. you don enter naija ?

Tinubu is clueless and helpless right now.. he needs workable ideas on how to get things right ..

Me no be Asgard ..

I

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by Frigga13: 7:58pm On Feb 20
a4cube:

Legend hero is not in Nigeria .. so all this sound like fairly tale

2 Likes

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by LegendHero(m): 8:01pm On Feb 20
Frigga13:

This man sef..

What ideas you don drop for gbaja .. to forward to c n c?

You don’t understand what’s happening.. you don enter naija ?

Tinubu is clueless and helpless right now.. he needs workable ideas on how to get things right ..

Me no be Asgard ..

I

Leave Tinubu, the man have enough advisers already.

He has done the first step floating, the next step is to steady the waters.

They are working on the stability and all hands are on deck. Give us little time.

Speculators eyes go soon peel.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by Frigga13: 8:02pm On Feb 20
LegendHero:

Leave Tinubu, the man have enough advisers already.

He has done the first step floating, the next step is to steady the waters.

They are working on the stability and all hands are on deck. Give us little time.

Speculators eyes go soon peel.

Tor..

Hmmm

Pray it all happens before it’s too late .

Enjoy..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by LegendHero(m): 8:03pm On Feb 20
a4cube:

Maybe they are trying to outdo Imo people looting of onions on trucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxhmUeO8pBw

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by JulianBond007: 8:03pm On Feb 20
This is least of problems Nigerians are passing through.
Most Nigerians are hungry. That is the crux of the matter.
Askari LegendHero, mo n ki yi n o! Ese fun ojo. I appreciate grin

1 Like

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by LegendHero(m): 8:04pm On Feb 20
Frigga13:

Tor..

Hmmm

Pray it all happens before it’s too late .

Enjoy..

Life go still continue. If e no happen for 4 years , Tinubu get voted out and we all run to the next guy to continue blaming that president again.

Nigeria na cyclical thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by LegendHero(m): 8:06pm On Feb 20
JulianBond007:
This is least of problems Nigerians are passing through.
Most Nigerians are hungry. That is the crux of the matter.
Askari LegendHero, mo n ki yi n o! Ese fun ojo. I appreciate grin

This is strawman argument.

We can still talk about things in LP. Talking about this tonight won’t suddenly make every Nigeria eat asaro and goat meat tonight.

Shey you see how Abure and Obi are looting LP dry? What do you think of that.

Kotope, aa kin dupe ara eni.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by madridguy(m): 8:08pm On Feb 20
Cowards like you will be hiding behind new monikers all the time.

AqualinaXYZ:

Madridguy the way una technocrat first class Chicago graduate take rub una shame for face ehnnn I come dey pity una

No more bragging rights

Una just dey avoid Nairaland threads like where Tinubu deh avoid interview

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by Kingrshd3: 8:08pm On Feb 20
The AGBADORIANS will be like 😲

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by CelestineNelson: 8:09pm On Feb 20
NIGERIANS I MEAN RIGHT-THINKING NIGERIANS ...LET JULIUS ABURE BE ON YOUR WATCHLIST...

1 Like

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by stano2(m): 8:09pm On Feb 20
madridguy:
grin
APC man
Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by magoo10(m): 8:11pm On Feb 20
So where did the fake news come from.
from APC jobless youths I guess

1 Like

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by Wasky101: 8:12pm On Feb 20
This one Don hold obi blockos.

Man just dey observe. Nothing fir separate obi and abure unless Obi returns home.

Only God knows where the man's true home is

He became Governor under Apga
Turned Abuja politician under Pdp
Contested under Lp
Help Apc to win presidential election.

Which one come be home

6 Likes

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by Orlu13: 8:13pm On Feb 20
LegendHero:
Like I said, Abure don hold Obi by the jaguar.

ur master has turned the country upside down but u haven't created any thread abt it

now u have brought this cockamamie story abt LP just to fund succour.... u think u can distract us from d disaster ur master is causing in Nigeria?...we don sabi u finish... otele mmadu

2 Likes

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:13pm On Feb 20
Idiotic APC miscreants will want to jump on this, meanwhile their useless drug criminal has finished them with hunger

3 Likes

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by fredoooooo: 8:13pm On Feb 20
Na God go decide..
Abure and his people shoukd go and create their party

1 Like

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by Wasky101: 8:14pm On Feb 20
cpu2006:
I pass vote of no confidence on Julius Abure. Obi peter should pls take party structure from him and give it to Aisha Yusufu
Who are you in the scheme of things.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by Think9ja(m): 8:14pm On Feb 20
K
Re: Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure by Klington: 8:15pm On Feb 20

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Buhari Ran PTF; Full Article - Newswatch (photo) / An Okada Man (hausa) Stabs A Trader To Death (igbo) Naij.com / Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.