Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) (3601 Views)

Senate Expresses Worry Of Fresh Naira Fall / 2023 Election Most Credible In Nigeria’s History – Tinubu / 2023: One Of The Most Credible & Transparent Elections In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by Rossikk(m): 12:33am On Feb 21
THIS MAN IS SAYING THE TRUTH, AND THE FG SHOULD TAKE ACTION IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THESE SHOCKING REVELATIONS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RYRSc3it10&ab_channel=ChannelsTelevision

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by Rossikk(m): 12:52am On Feb 21
BUMP
Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by dettolgel: 12:55am On Feb 21
Rossikk:
THIS MAN IS SAYING THE TRUTH, AND THE FG SHOULD TAKE ACTION IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THESE SHOCKING REVELATIONS.

If I understand correctly there was a time you can only buy dollars from CBN through banks. How come the banks ended up having enormous amount of dollars in their possessions?

This guy should place the blame where it lies.

Moreover I am beginning to see this whole thing as a ploy to grab some banks from foes and hand over to friends. Sanusi did so now the SW wants to "redistribute" the national cake amongst themselves.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by panpan(m): 1:29am On Feb 21
One of the major causes of the fall of the naira is external borrowing.

When the federal government takes external loans, they are indirectly taking money from the Nigerian population through naira devaluation, increase in the price of petroleum products, and general inflation.

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by malali: 1:29am On Feb 21
SOMEONE PLEASE PROTECT THIS MAN, BEFORE THEY COME AFTER HIM.

HE HAS SAID NOTHING BUT FACTS.....ECONOMY IS GETTING WORSE, BANKS ARE REPORTING PROFITS.

WHERE ARE THE PROFITS COMING FROM ?

OUR BANKS NEED THE "SANUSI" TREATMENT ONCE AGAIN

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by LordIsaac(m): 1:53am On Feb 21
The same senate made up of the same looters!
Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by Alaigbopress: 2:04am On Feb 21
The FX Liquidity is not there, Buhari destroyed the economy and digged a hole for Tinubu to fall in. Yes what he is saying is right but that is not all. If there is excess liquidity of FX, the price will come down.

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by crestedmazi: 3:05am On Feb 21
This Rosikk been get sense before, na hunger cause this kind thing abi wetin, going about looking for excuse to justify failure is just plain madness

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by Djoel: 3:53am On Feb 21
Shut up oga. No Nigerian has a worse criminal record than Tinubu, how can he fight criminality? Everyday he looks the other way from his cronies that do criminality and you want him to go after the bank CEOs?

I have one question, what is your Tinubu's administration doing to strengthen the Naira so it becomes unattractive for them to board and roundtrip it?

As long our imports exceed our exports, people will chase the dollar. You guys keep killing local business everyday with mindless corruption and you want to eat your cake and have it.

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by SeniorGee(m): 4:41am On Feb 21
I will say it again, for Nigeria to move forward, banks, state governors and senior civil servants must be held accountable. Unfortunately, the center is also complicit in this!

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by magoo10(m): 4:45am On Feb 21
Some people will be laughing at him especially criminals from tinubu's camp.
The banks cannot be doing what they are doing without the connivance of people in corridor of power.

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by BigYash: 5:35am On Feb 21
magoo10:
Some people will be laughing at him especially criminals from tinubu's camp.
The banks cannot be doing what they are doing without the connivance of people in corridor of power.
Those banks are own indirectly by those in power. Didn't you notice the body language of Tony Elumelu and Tinubu after the election?That was the video we saw ,but what of other CEOs that visits privately. These guys knows what they are doing,and they have a way of using tribalism/propaganda in diverting citizens attention ..
Not that Tinubu can't stabilize this economy, but they are up to something ..

APC wants everybody in poverty,so they can be in total control. You can see the formal Rivers governor telling us days ago,that nobody can drag power with them in 2027. He is yet to end the insecurity in abuja as the fct minister, but he is more concerned about 2027.

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by CharleyBright(m): 5:51am On Feb 21
Very apt. The man said the obvious truth.
The level of financial criminality carried out by banks is appalling. Round Tripping is a common thing among bank Executives, and it didn't start today.
The are the major cause of the crashing dollars. Some of them have stockpiled dollars in private vaults. The more the Naira falls, they higher the Dollar value it is for them.

And this is to even mention that illegal and fraudulent debits on Customers' accounts that they call spurious chargers. These constitute sources of profits they declare yearly.
The CBN has totally failed in regulating the banks.

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by faceland: 5:52am On Feb 21
panpan:

When the federal government takes external loans, they are indirectly taking money from the Nigerian population through naira devaluation, increase in the price of petroleum products, and general inflation.

Buhari!

I watch a video from AriseTV, the guest said Buhari accumulated $30b debt but bubu made almost $100b disappear... Bro Ayo is talking about arresting 4 MD over alleged $7b, what of the man that made $100 vanish in 8 years?

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by KingLennon(m): 6:00am On Feb 21
From the beginning, I knew it will be like this. Many Nigerians are just naive and gullible cheesy

God forbid BAThing
Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by BreconHills(m): 6:40am On Feb 21
panpan:

This is a very creative chain of events you've put out here. Very far from reality. Do you want to state the truth or blame someone? It makes a big difference.
Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by Benekkk: 6:44am On Feb 21
SeniorGee:
I will say it again, for Nigeria to move forward, banks, state governors and senior civil servants must be held accountable. Unfortunately, the center is also complicit in this!
Corruption led us here!

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by Rossikk(m): 6:55am On Feb 21
panpan:

Every country borrows money apart from maybe the tiny Gulf oil states like UAE and Kuwait

That cannot be the reason.
Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by Blackfire(m): 7:03am On Feb 21
Arrest that man
Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by Rossikk(m): 7:14am On Feb 21
crestedmazi:
This Rosikk been get sense before, na hunger cause this kind thing abi wetin, going about looking for excuse to justify failure is just plain madness

IPOB tribalist.

Of course you don't care about discussing the issue to resolve it.

All you care about is that your ''IGBO'' candidate versus the ''YORUBA'' candidate and all that demented, ignorant bush thinking and rubbish..

Primitive tribalist spear-chucker.

Just go back to your dirty village and let intelligent, educated people discuss the situation and proffer meaningful ideas and solutions.

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by magoo10(m): 7:23am On Feb 21
BigYash:
Those banks are own indirectly by those in power. Didn't you notice the body language of Tony Elumelu and Tinubu after the election?That was the video we saw ,but what of other CEOs that visits privately. These guys knows what they are doing,and they have a way of using tribalism/propaganda in diverting citizens attention ..
Not that Tinubu can't stabilize this economy, but they are up to something ..

APC wants everybody in poverty,so they can be in total control. You can see the formal Rivers governor telling us days ago,that nobody can drag power with them in 2027. He is yet to end the insecurity in abuja as the fct minister, but he is more concerned about 2027.
you said it all they know what they are doing.the silence is deafening

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by clearcrystal: 7:23am On Feb 21
I just tire
Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by techgen(m): 7:24am On Feb 21
Rossikk:

This guy is speaking facts that does not hold water… So, the president can’t use his vector power to call those CBN in other?

I know the president is a bad boy, with good intentions, but needs to just keep sentiment and paddy paddy doings apart and caution some evil men.

The problem of CBN and banks doing round tripping started since 1999 - 2015…when dollars rose from 22$ to 197$ under the watch of Obansanjo.

And other presidents, started defending the dollars, instead of generating revenue…before Tinubu ignorantly floated it…thus causing this great free fall.

The first best thing to do now by the president is to open the major close boarder…let there be international competition to bring in some dollars and those evil men regulating price will automatically adjust.
Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by Cassandraloius: 7:34am On Feb 21
He's absolutely correct.

Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by Beautifulday: 8:15am On Feb 21
Alaigbopress:
The FX Liquidity is not there, Buhari destroyed the economy and digged a hole for Tinubu to fall in. Yes what he is saying is right but that is not all. If there is excess liquidity of FX, the price will come down.

Stop talking rubbish. So Nigeria isn't making money anymore?

How is she getting money to give to state governors, senators, etc.

We are not dumb like you.
Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by owagbeba: 8:31am On Feb 21
Honestly, the whole system needs to be overhauled.

I wonder why it’s not possible to walk into a bank and get fx at the rate displayed on the rate board?

For the past few weeks, I have lost so much, so damn much, trying to settle oversea debt at the current NGN/USD rate.

I don’t need cash dollar.. I wish I could walk into my bank, or on the banking app and effect Fx purchase with naira and also process remittance.

Many companies around hereI have complied with all regulations, Form M, PAAR, SONCAP NESREA… yet they all have to go to Aboki under a tree to buy FX. It’s sad.

Does anyone have an idea how business environment is in Angola? Registration of business, country’s purchasing power, more especially their attitude towards Nigerians?

Dubai would hav e been perfect with their free zone visa in jebelali and ease of doing business but the “colorful” miscreants ruined it for all of us.

Shame!
Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by jmoore(m): 8:44am On Feb 21
Tinubu is the reason.

He floated fx, set naira on a devaluation journey.

Banks existed during Goodluck and Buhari's tenure. So why is that of Tinubu different? It is obvious.
Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by Beverlyjean(f): 8:52am On Feb 21
Exactly what i have been saying for sometime now... I have always said that the bankers are the main reason our economy is collapsing
Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by olisaEze(m): 8:53am On Feb 21
Typical APC propaganda and shifting blame techniques. Since the inauguration how much forex has this admin spent on unnecessary expensive purchases & foreign trips? The presidential yacht, luxury vehicle purchases & aviation maintainance are not paid for in Naira but Dollars! Politicians no longer save bribes in Naira but dollars since Dangote moved 70% of his liquidity to dollars. Those dollars held in those Banks don't belong to the MD/CEOs but politicians mostly of the APC, because they're the ruling party and they're the ones in charge of the economy! Imagine investing some of that wasted forex in our ailing health or power sector first, the heat in the country would've been manageable by now. undecided
Re: This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) by sterlingD(m): 9:11am On Feb 21
jmoore:
Tinubu is the reason.

He floated fx, set naira on a devaluation journey.

Banks existed during Goodluck and Buhari's tenure. So why is that of Tinubu different? It is obvious.
Something happened around 2014/ 2015 we were to to manage the situation all through 2019 then at 2023 the same thing happened but this time at a very grand level and here we are.

Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility / Fidelity Finances Africa’s Largest Aluminium Can Factory In Aba, Abia State / CBN Directors Disown Sanusi's Letter