Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange (22812 Views)

Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange / Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange / Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Thissystem: 6:39pm On Feb 21
Binance, the World’s biggest cryptocurrency trading platform, has confirmed collaborating with President Bola Tinubu’s administration to block Nigerians from dollar-naira trade on its platform.

Binance disclosed this in an announcement on its “commitment to P2P users in Nigeria” on Tuesday, warning that “users behaving in a manipulative way will be removed from the platform.”“As industry leaders,” Binance said, “We are working hand in hand with local authorities, lawmakers, and regulators to ensure we act on non-compliance.’’

The crypto exchange platform further said it is “setting an upper limit for ads, filtering and removing bad ads, requiring and raising deposits for merchants posting ads as well as processes for actioning against any market manipulators.”

On Tuesday, Binance disabled sell option for its Nigerian users, blocking them from selling fiat currency, USDT, on the platform. It also capped the buy option to $1802 for Nigerian users.

It also disabled purchase of cryptocurrencies via P2P for its Nigerian users, leaving those who might want to sell their crypto assets such as Bitcoin, BNB, Ethereum via P2P stuck.

https://dailypostngr.com/2024/02/update-binance-confirms-working-with-tinubu-govt-to-block-dollar-naira-exchange/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Thissystem: 6:39pm On Feb 21
We need more measures to improve the economy

There should be urgent review of the current economic and monetary policies. Treat the root cause and the symptom will disappear.

The fall in the value of naira, hunger and chaos are symptoms.....Like symptoms of malaria, symptoms of diabetes, symptoms of pneumonia, etc. When you treat the root cause, symptoms will go away.

Some of government's approach to solutions lately is like someone having headache and experiencing weakness due to Diabetes but the person is busy taking only paracetamol and drinking lucozade for energy. The sickness will remain until the cause is treated/managed properly.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Thissystem: 6:40pm On Feb 21
alanih:
News source

I just put it

1 Like

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Cindypresh(f): 6:41pm On Feb 21
If clueless is an animal...tinupoo is surely its name.

Some Nigerian Men are scum
🙄

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Ibaaboy(m): 6:42pm On Feb 21
Source of news
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:42pm On Feb 21
Ah! Please no go area o. Anyways, when one road block, another one open. We move.

Tinubu, a bad man with good intentions.

9 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Faiththatworks(m): 6:47pm On Feb 21
I'm sure the people writing this article don't have a binance account,they just come online and report fabricated stories to scare people.
I bought usdt now on binance just to test if there's any ban on purchase and I sold some usdt on Monday without any issues.
I repeat what I wrote earlier today, binance is one of the major manipulators and speculators of our Currency,the Naira.
The rate at which they manipulate prices on that exchange is criminal,infact they are worse than the BDC.
Like someone wrote on a comment I made, yesterday it was 1700 to 1$ usdt,today it's near 1800 and I'm sure tomorrow it will be 1900.
I ask again,which economic activities are they doing that allows the exchange manipulate the Naira so blatantly,it's economic Terrorism.
Let binance show Nigerians the economic indices,the Algorithm,and the individuals in the Binance Economic Team that determine the daily value of the Naira to any crypto.
It's very very absurd for any entity to have the right to just wake up every day and assign a value to the Nigerian currency without having any methodology known to Government.
I believe that's what is called speculation.
Binance is very useful to me but I will never ever encourage the daily speculation going on in that exchange.
Binance must subject itself to some form of government regulation if it wants to continue operations In Nigeria,infact like I said earlier it must fix it's crypto value to the daily exchange rate release by the CBN,not the crazy bureau de change operators.
This is time to take patriotism over profit.
God bless my country Nigeria........

155 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by burp18: 6:49pm On Feb 21
Thissystem:
We need more measures to improve the economy

There should be urgent review of the current economic and monetary policies.

There's just too many sides to this
Nigeria imports literally everything and exports nothing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Beautifulday: 6:53pm On Feb 21
People advising this man are very shallow in reasoning

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Penguin2: 6:55pm On Feb 21
Lol!

Tinubu and his bunch of touts think they can arrest the falling Naira through the barrel of the gun.

Bunch of fools!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by ozowarac: 6:59pm On Feb 21
That's a big lie Nigeria exports a lot of things too but in some quantities.

burp18:

3 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by burp18: 7:03pm On Feb 21
ozowarac:
That's a big lie Nigeria exports a lot of things too but in some quantities.

The ratio of what Nigeria exports is like 5% to 95% of what it imports .
Asides crude. Nigeria doesn't export anything and the little it gets from crude sales is either used ti service debt, mismanaged or looted.

4 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Deogratiasfx: 7:07pm On Feb 21
Penguin2:
Lol!

Tinubu and his bunch of touts think they can arrest the falling Naira through the barrel of the gun.

Bunch of fools!

The way PEPT and Supreme Court manoeuvre the case is Tinubu's favor, I wish we have people in government who can perform that kind of miracles in this falling economy.

8 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Thissystem: 7:25pm On Feb 21
burp18:

Government really needs to tackle the root cause of the problem not treating the symptoms alone. It’s like one having headache and experiencing weakness due to Diabetes but the person is busy taking only paracetamol and drinking lucozade for energy. The sickness will remain until the cause is treated/managed properly.
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Front0lane: 7:30pm On Feb 21
As strong n stable as the Rand is against the dollar you will bever see anybody in SA with dollar. Their bank do not have or allow dorm acct in any currency.

I wonder what intelligence Tinubu/Cardoso need to close all foreign currency domicile acct n make them illegal with the dollar situation in Nigeria. Nigerians do not need dorm account to pay fees abroad, all you need is have your bank do the transaction on your behalf once you pay the equivalent that is how I transfered fund from SA to USA n that is how I was paid when receiving money from the USA in SA.

I wonder why dollar should be made an alternative legal tender in Nigeria with the foolish CBN governor acting like a novice.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Thissystem: 7:51pm On Feb 21
Faiththatworks:
I'm sure the people writing this article don't have a binance account,they just come online and report fabricated stories to scare people.

You think so? A basic google search shows the news is everywhere online even on Binance platform by users.

The fact remains though that government needs a holistic approach to problem solving, not only Binance for this matter.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Dsimmer: 8:44pm On Feb 21
Faiththatworks:
I bought usdt now on binance just to test if there's any ban on purchase and I sold some usdt on Monday without any issues.
I repeat what I wrote earlier today, binance is one of the major manipulators and speculators of our Currency,the Naira.
The rate at which they manipulate prices on that exchange is criminal,infact they are worse than the BDC.
Like someone wrote on a comment I made, yesterday it was 1700 to 1$ usdt,today it's near 1800 and I'm sure tomorrow it will be 1900.
I ask again,which economic activities are they doing that allows the exchange manipulate the Naira so blatantly,it's economic Terrorism.
Let binance show Nigerians the economic indices,the Algorithm,and the individuals in the Binance Economic Team that determine the daily value of the Naira to any crypto.
It's very very absurd for any entity to have the right to just wake up every day and assign a value to the Nigerian currency without having any methodology known to Government.
Binance is very useful to me but I will never ever encourage the daily speculation going on in that exchange.
Binance must subject itself to some form of government regulation if it wants to continue operations In Nigeria,infact like I said earlier it must fix it's crypto value to the daily exchange rate release by the CBN,not the crazy bureau de change operators.

True.

Binance are no different from BDC, speculators and money launderers. All Crypto companies including binance must be regulated. They must be regulated as money service companies which must be registered with proper regulations!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by SpartaOfLagos: 8:46pm On Feb 21
Believe this fake news at your own peril

1 Like

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by eteebanky1: 9:00pm On Feb 21
I totally support this ban

This same people trading crypto are the same unfortunate people blaming the government for incompetency

Fools

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by a4cube: 9:29pm On Feb 21
Front0lane:
As strong n stable as the Rand is against the dollar you will bever see anybody in SA with dollar. Their bank do not have or allow dorm acct in any currency.

I wonder what intelligence Tinubu/Cardoso need to close all foreign currency domicile acct n make them illegal with the dollar situation in Nigeria. Nigerians do not need dorm account to pay fees abroad, all you need is have your bank do the transaction on your behalf once you pay the equivalent that is how I transfered fund from SA to USA n that is how I was paid when receiving money from the USA in SA.

I wonder why dollar should be made an alternative legal tender in Nigeria with the foolish CBN governor acting like a novice.
Both Tinubu and Cardoso use the dom account for their illicit deals so they cannot ban it. Thier hands are not clean as well.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by yemmit90: 6:34am On Feb 22
a4cube:
Both Tinubu and Cardoso use the dom account for their illicit deals so they cannot ban it. Thier hands are not clean as well.

Exactly 💯, all politicians from heads to toes has domiciliary accounts where they usually kept their ill gotten wealth. Asides that, billions of dollar notes are in their various homes vaults. It is not easy to steal large some of money in Naira, so dollar is their save heaven.

Politicians are number one enemy of this country .

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by NothingDoMe: 7:01am On Feb 22
Faiththatworks:
The problem is the weakened state of the Naira. Hardly any country or foreigner wants or needs Naira except Nigerians until this present government. Now even Nigerians don't want Naira again.

Speculators only succeed against a weak currency.

4 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Anguldi(m): 1:05pm On Feb 22
tongue

2 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by SALLYBERRY01(m): 1:05pm On Feb 22
Ok
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by iwaeda: 1:06pm On Feb 22
Thissystem:

https://dailypostngr.com/2024/02/update-binance-confirms-working-with-tinubu-govt-to-block-dollar-naira-exchange/

Killing the youth and future to sustain the old and wasted. Nigeria is not producing, most manufacturing have left or leaving, how we dollar not rise. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by adamusuleiman2: 1:06pm On Feb 22
Good.

2 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Judolisco(m): 1:07pm On Feb 22
Dem go use dis avenue block many people acct carry dem crypto go mentinaininpus

2 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Ckonnet: 1:07pm On Feb 22
Dollar don dey knack naira again on other platforms

1 Like

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by inoki247: 1:07pm On Feb 22
Lol people and fake news sef....

All the News don dey look like blog post sef....

People are still selling and buying even yesterday night wey the app no open for some hour na ap people dey cry up nd to even people wey dey tell us they don't av any money why u come dey cry as Binance no gri open....

1 Like

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by bigdammyj: 1:08pm On Feb 22
Noted.
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Lifemanage: 1:09pm On Feb 22
Faiththatworks:
BDCs should be banned from operations and only CBN rates should be used in the morning. Cos what we see now is that cbn is doing catch up with bDC rates. Terrible economic terrorism

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emefiele Accuses Nigerian Business Moguls Of Using Illegal Markets (Video) / 4 Lessons Entrepreneurs Should Learn From Dangote’s Bloomberg Interview / Outgoing CEO Of UBA, Phillips Oduoza Celebrated By Elumelu, Sanusi, Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.