Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange (22870 Views)

Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange / Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange / Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by GreaterFuture(m): 1:09pm On Feb 22
Ok
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Ckonnet: 1:10pm On Feb 22
alanih:
I pity for those whose only source is from binance

No real crypto g uses one platform. Never!!!

I stopped using binance a year plus, never trust a chinese man!!!
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Sumerians: 1:10pm On Feb 22
No one is talking about the recent Fuel Scarcity.
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by FreeStuffsNG: 1:11pm On Feb 22
Faiththatworks:
I'm sure the people writing this article don't have a binance account,they just come online and report fabricated stories to scare people.
I bought usdt now on binance just to test if there's any ban on purchase and I sold some usdt on Monday without any issues.
I repeat what I wrote earlier today, binance is one of the major manipulators and speculators of our Currency,the Naira.
The rate at which they manipulate prices on that exchange is criminal,infact they are worse than the BDC.
Like someone wrote on a comment I made, yesterday it was 1700 to 1$ usdt,today it's near 1800 and I'm sure tomorrow it will be 1900.
I ask again,which economic activities are they doing that allows the exchange manipulate the Naira so blatantly,it's economic Terrorism.
Let binance show Nigerians the economic indices,the Algorithm,and the individuals in the Binance Economic Team that determine the daily value of the Naira to any crypto.
It's very very absurd for any entity to have the right to just wake up every day and assign a value to the Nigerian currency without having any methodology known to Government.
I believe that's what is called speculation.
Binance is very useful to me but I will never ever encourage the daily speculation going on in that exchange.
Binance must subject itself to some form of government regulation if it wants to continue operations In Nigeria,infact like I said earlier it must fix it's crypto value to the daily exchange rate release by the CBN,not the crazy bureau de change operators.
This is time to take patriotism over profit.
God bless my country Nigeria........
Philippines is reportedly dealing with the economic saboteurs and their collaborators

https://www.dlnews.com/articles/regulation/binance-faces-key-regulatory-test-with-philippines-poised-to-block-exchange/
Even the report itself is a PR stunt to make them look legit

2 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by ojonugba2014(m): 1:13pm On Feb 22
I bought ND sold few $ usdt on binance few minutes ago.

Everything is working fine.
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Chummynoni(m): 1:13pm On Feb 22
ozowarac:
That's a big lie Nigeria exports a lot of things too but in some quantities.

what are you exporting? Raw materials and inturn import finished goods of the same raw materials you exported, lol

3 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Ebubu2: 1:13pm On Feb 22
alanih:
sellers have migrated to Okx , kucoin and telegram to exchange usdt
Dey play!

2 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Haaland21: 1:16pm On Feb 22
Penguin2:
Lol!

Tinubu and his bunch of touts think they can arrest the falling Naira through the barrel of the gun.

Bunch of fools!

You are too dull and unpatriotic to be taken serious.....

Have you read what is on Binance website? Too eager to spew rubbish for his fellow brainless mob who does not their left from right.

Sore loser who is still grieving over a failed election, whose candidate has moved on.

Spits.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by OkoEmm: 1:16pm On Feb 22
Faiththatworks:
I'm sure the people writing this article don't have a binance account,they just come online and report fabricated stories to scare people.
I bought usdt now on binance just to test if there's any ban on purchase and I sold some usdt on Monday without any issues.
I repeat what I wrote earlier today, binance is one of the major manipulators and speculators of our Currency,the Naira.
The rate at which they manipulate prices on that exchange is criminal,infact they are worse than the BDC.
Like someone wrote on a comment I made, yesterday it was 1700 to 1$ usdt,today it's near 1800 and I'm sure tomorrow it will be 1900.
I ask again,which economic activities are they doing that allows the exchange manipulate the Naira so blatantly,it's economic Terrorism.
Let binance show Nigerians the economic indices,the Algorithm,and the individuals in the Binance Economic Team that determine the daily value of the Naira to any crypto.
It's very very absurd for any entity to have the right to just wake up every day and assign a value to the Nigerian currency without having any methodology known to Government.
Binance is very useful to me but I will never ever encourage the daily speculation going on in that exchange.
Binance must subject itself to some form of government regulation if it wants to continue operations In Nigeria,infact like I said earlier it must fix it's crypto value to the daily exchange rate release by the CBN,not the crazy bureau de change operators.

2 bottles of stout and nkwobi for you.

You've said it all.
Binance should only quote rates that are approved by CBN.

Anything else is economic terrorism

6 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by ozo13(m): 1:18pm On Feb 22
Faiththatworks:
thanks for being objective in ur analysis

3 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by XPMExchange: 1:18pm On Feb 22
The blocking of Binance and other crypto firms in Nigeria by the Federal Government came as a shock to Nigerians. According to the media, the ban was as a result of the firms not folllowing. They were “neither registered nor regulated by the Commission and its operations in Nigeria are therefore illegal”.

Meanwhile, XPM Exchange remains a safe and secure platform that is already registered in Nigeria under the Corporate Affairs Commissions (CAC) and Special Control Unit against Money Laundering (SCUML) which is controlled by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)

Thereby buying and selling of coins, swapping giftcards and converting e-wallets funds for Naira is permissible and safe on our platform. You can click on the link on the signature below to get started.

THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by HEBEI: 1:18pm On Feb 22
Faiththatworks:
Tinubu should start from himself if he really wants this country to move forward. Even you typing and posting on the government's behalf should start from within your circle.
Tinubu is not fit to govern this country. To even think that he is an accountant is beyond common reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by loswhite(m): 1:19pm On Feb 22
Front0lane:
As strong n stable as the Rand is against the dollar you will bever see anybody in SA with dollar. Their bank do not have or allow dorm acct in any currency.

I wonder what intelligence Tinubu/Cardoso need to close all foreign currency domicile acct n make them illegal with the dollar situation in Nigeria. Nigerians do not need dorm account to pay fees abroad, all you need is have your bank do the transaction on your behalf once you pay the equivalent that is how I transfered fund from SA to USA n that is how I was paid when receiving money from the USA in SA.

I wonder why dollar should be made an alternative legal tender in Nigeria with the foolish CBN governor acting like a novice.
The way you are sounding it will be like you are more intelligent...lol. Please is it the governor that just came in less than a year that created a situation were we have domiciliary account in Nigeria? It is foolish to think that you can just wake up and turn Nigeria to south Africa overnight. It is easy to sit in your kitchen with zero knowledge and type thrash afterall the internet make dunce looks like expert.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by zionstaar75: 1:19pm On Feb 22
Cindypresh:

If clueless is an animal...tinupoo is surely its name.

Some Nigerian Men are scum
🙄
town crier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by BreconHills(m): 1:21pm On Feb 22
Thissystem:
We need more measures to improve the economy

There should be urgent review of the current economic and monetary policies. Treat the root cause and the symptom will disappear.

The fall in the value of naira, hunger and chaos are symptoms.....Like symptoms of malaria, symptoms of diabetes, symptoms of pneumonia, etc. When you treat the root cause, symptoms will go away.

Some of government's approach to solutions lately is like someone having headache and experiencing weakness due to Diabetes but the person is busy taking only paracetamol and drinking lucozade for energy. The sickness will remain until the cause is treated/managed properly.

And the root cause is?

1 Like

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by zionstaar75: 1:21pm On Feb 22
loswhite:
The way you are sounding it will be like you are more intelligent...lol. Please is it the governor that just came in less than a year that created a situation were we have domiciliary account in Nigeria? It is foolish to think that you can just wake up and turn Nigeria to south Africa overnight. It is easy to sit in your kitchen with zero knowledge and type thrash afterall the internet make dunce looks like expert.
gbam!see ignoramus like genius

1 Like

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Lomprico2: 1:22pm On Feb 22
Front0lane:
As strong n stable as the Rand is against the dollar you will bever see anybody in SA with dollar. Their bank do not have or allow dorm acct in any currency.

I wonder what intelligence Tinubu/Cardoso need to close all foreign currency domicile acct n make them illegal with the dollar situation in Nigeria. Nigerians do not need dorm account to pay fees abroad, all you need is have your bank do the transaction on your behalf once you pay the equivalent that is how I transfered fund from SA to USA n that is how I was paid when receiving money from the USA in SA.

I wonder why dollar should be made an alternative legal tender in Nigeria with the foolish CBN governor acting like a novice.

Tinubu and his criminal likes (politicians) won't want that because looting with USD is easier for them.
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by dc23(m): 1:24pm On Feb 22
The exchange isn't direct. First the rate to the dollar is established and then used as a rule to other currencies. Even if you wanted to change naira to cedi the dollar equivalence is still what you get.
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Tonytonex(m): 1:25pm On Feb 22
Thissystem:

https://dailypostngr.com/2024/02/update-binance-confirms-working-with-tinubu-govt-to-block-dollar-naira-exchange/
if it will help strengthen the naira, it is a good one.

But if it is done to create more poverty for Nigerians, God will punish them.
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Princedapace(m): 1:26pm On Feb 22
Faiththatworks:

I thought Nigeria floated Naira, so the market force can determine the true value. If people dont rush to buy dollar with naira, naira will gain strength.
The problem is that the number of people seeking to purchase dollar is high, from those seeking medicals abroad to those seeking to travel abroad, to those paying school fee abroad, to those importing items abroad. The list goes on and this is in millions of naira.
To strength our naira, we must fix our educational system to reduce the number of nigerians running abroad for education, we must fix our health care to reduce medical tourism, we must fix the rat at which Nigerians dey japa. If these arent fixed, nothing will make naira gain strength. binance operate in many countries, no one comes to decide the price of trades than the market forces of demand and supply.

4 Likes

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Dsimmer: 1:27pm On Feb 22
Crypto including binance are no different from speculators, BDC and money launderers. Either they're properly registered as money service company which must be regulated or they should be totally banned altogether.

1 Like

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by racerve(m): 1:30pm On Feb 22
Thissystem:

You think so? A basic google search shows the news is everywhere online even on Binance platform by users.

The fact remains though that government needs a holistic approach to problem solving, not only Binance for this matter.

Did you actually read what you screenshot?

It's a generic PR statement. At no point did they say they're working with the Nigerian government.

1 Like

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Bmaster(m): 1:31pm On Feb 22
Faiththatworks:

this is how dude,fix your worth as a country and leave binance the fvck alone

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by BreconHills(m): 1:32pm On Feb 22
burp18:
The ratio of what Nigeria exports is like 5% to 95% of what it imports .
Asides crude. Nigeria doesn't export anything and the little it gets from crude sales is either used ti service debt, mismanaged or looted.

Nigeria or Nigerians? The Government is not the one importing human hair and $5000 whiskey - all of which have zero economic value.

By the way, the bolded is an exaggeration. Nigeria exports agricultural commodities and some minerals. Nigeria also receives USD for services, movies and creative activities. It exports gas and yes even electricity. These figures may not be as significant as crude oil but to say it does not export anything is an exaggeration.

1 Like

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Offpoint1: 1:36pm On Feb 22
Thissystem:

You think so? A basic google search shows the news is everywhere online even on Binance platform by users.

The fact remains though that government needs a holistic approach to problem solving, not only Binance for this matter.
Just bought USDT now on binance and try the sell option, it's still very much active... Where's the ban?
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by lekonso: 1:40pm On Feb 22
ozowarac:
That's a big lie Nigeria exports a lot of things too but in some quantities.

Compare to the population it is absolutely nothing

1 Like

Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by rdsco(m): 1:41pm On Feb 22
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by 2Radii: 1:42pm On Feb 22
alanih:
they never block u from trading yen against euro
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by ObalendeCMS: 1:42pm On Feb 22
Front0lane:

I believe those guys have dom acc. too.
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by Badgers14: 1:43pm On Feb 22
Front0lane:

I have been saying this for years..
We all know the problem of our country but the powers that be don't want to fix.

Why arresting BDC folks in the street.. that doesn't stop anything..

Most people that deal with BDC have their contact and sometimes their transactions are done inside the bank if the volume is big.

If naira is solely utilized in Nigeria.. if people can just walk inside their bank and effect a wire at an official rate, who would patronize the BDC? No one would tell them to close shop .. they would close their shops by themselves
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by descartes400: 1:43pm On Feb 22
Front0lane:

I hope the President will have the political will to carry out the embolden..because that's the banking method of the so called political elites. I'm sure it does not even cross their thoughts.
Re: Binance Confirms Working With Tinubu Govt To Block Dollar-naira Exchange by ObalendeCMS: 1:45pm On Feb 22
Could increase in usdt be the "cause"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Entrepreneurs In Africa Who Started A Successful Business With $100 Or Less / Teaming To Raise Business Capital Worth Millions For Many. / As Promised My Forex Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.