Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure (11602 Views)

‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman / Imo: Athan Nneji Achonu (one-arm General) Emerges LP Guber Candidate / Pandora Papers: Lawflex Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution Of Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by Detailednews: 9:33pm On Feb 21
Ex LP Ebonyi guber candidate, Eze Oko, accuses party chairman over forgery, others, demands urgent prosecution

Former Ebonyi state gubernatorial candidate, Eze Oko, has demanded the prosecution of the party's chairman, Mr. Julius Abure, over allegations of forgery, coercive tactics among others.

Oko, who was the candidate of the Labour Party in the last gubernatorial election in Ebonyi state, accused Abure of forging documents in a bid to sabotage his candidacy.

Oko, in a press briefing on Wednesday, in Abuja, claimed that Abure had manipulated party documents to prevent him from contesting in the election, and urged the appropriate authorities to investigate the matter and prosecute the party chairman.

The former gubernatorial candidate called on the Attorney General of the Federation, AGF, to take immediate action against Abure and ensure that justice is served.

His words: “In late 2022 following the Labour Party's ("LP/the party"wink Gubernatorial Primaries for Ebonyi State, I emerged as the party's candidate for the seat of Governor of Ebonyi State. However, what should have been a straight forward democratic process was marred by criminality, deceit and manipulation orchestrated by the party's former National Chairman, Mr. Julius Abure ("Abure"/"The Former Chairman"wink.

“Following my emergence as the Gubernatorial flag bearer for Labour Party, the Chairman initiated a scheme to subvert the electoral process and ensured the emergence of Edward Nkwegu Okereke, the owner of Bacelona hotel in Abuja who had participated in the All Progressives Congress ("APC"wink Gubernatorial primaries in same Ebonyi State, in the same election cycle and lost.

“Mr. Abure, deploying multiple coercive tactics attempted to force me to relinquish my candidacy to Edward Nkwegu Okereke which I outrightly rejected his entreatles and remained steadfast over a sustained step of harassment in my resolve not to step down as the party's legitimate candidate.

“Having failed to convince me, the modus operandi employed by the former Chairman thereafter was nothing short of egregious. Despite my legitimate candidacy and overwhelming support within the party, Abure resorted to forgery and deception to orchestrate my removal as the LP's Gubernatorial candidate.

“He conspired with Alhaji Umaru Farouk Ibrahim the former Secretary of LP, Mr. Clament Ojukwu the former Organizing Secretary of LP, Mrs. Oluchi Oparah the former Treasurer of LP, and Arc Edward Nkengu Okereke the beneficiary of the forgery and forged my signature on a withdrawal letter falsely indicating my voluntary withdrawal from the electoral race. This forged letter was then submitted to the independent National Electoral Commission ("INEC"wink to facilitate an illegal substitution of my candidacy.

“I was left in utter shock when I eventually caught wind of the reprehensible actions of the former Chairman. I had considered Abure a man of integrity, being the head of my party. His betrayal of my trust in such an egregious manner left me utterly dejected, more importantly his actions had grievous implications for internal party democracy, free and fair elections and rule of law. Shocked and dismayed by this brazen act of criminality and Abuse of office, and after conferring with party stakeholders, I immediately sought recourse through legal channels to challenge the illegitimate substitution of my candidature.

“I sued the party and INEC to Federal High Court Abakaliki Ebonyi State. The Judgment came in my favour that I'm the authentic Gubernatorial candidate of LP in Ebonyi State. The judge consequently set aside the illegal substitution primary and directed INEC to publish my name in her portal. Abure and his cohort were not satisfied with this judgment consequently, they appealed it in court of appeal Enugu in Enugu State.

“Their suit was dismissed. Still not satisfied with the judgment of court of Appeal, they went to supreme Court Abuja. Their suit was further dismissed. Subsequently, I petitioned the Deputy Inspector General of Police ("DIG"wink, force criminal investigation Division ("FCID"wink Abuja which triggered a comprehensive police investigation.

“Despite numerous attempts by Abure to evade accountability, the diligent efforts of law enforcement officials led to his eventual apprehension. However, the investigation was not without its significant challenges as the former Chairman consistently attempted to obstruct justice and evade arrest through corrupt and deceitful means after months of rigorous information gathering, cross examinations and forensic analysis, the police investigation conclusively determined that Mr. Abure criminally forged my signature to perpetrate his illegal scheme.

“Throughout the investigation process, I cooperated fully with law enforcement authorities, providing them with all necessary evidence to substantiate my claims of forgery and electoral malpractice. Despite the complexities and obstacles encountered along the way, the FCID remained steadfast in their pursuit of justice, ultimately recommending the prosecution of Abure for his criminal actions.

“The case file has since been forwarded to Federal Ministry of Justice for charges to be instituted but up until now, there has been no movement on the matter. This has begun to agitate my mind as the perception is that the former Chairman can get away with brazen and unbridled criminality which has further emboldened him to become even more reckless, believing that he is a "sacred cow".

“Having received the case file and recommendations from the FCID, I am hereby appealing most passionately to the Honourable Attorney General of the Federation to ensure justice is served. The events described herein underscore the critical importance of upholding the rule of law and ensuring accountability within our democratic institutions. Those who seek to subvert the electoral process and undermine the integrity of our democracy must be held accountable for their actions.

The prosecution of Abure is not only a matter of justice but also reaffirmation of our commitment to the principles of transparency, fairness and accountability in governance.”

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by Detailednews: 9:35pm On Feb 21
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by yarimo(m): 9:52pm On Feb 21
ABURE and OBI are known criminals

58 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by iCauseTrouble: 9:58pm On Feb 21
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by Randal: 9:59pm On Feb 21
I second

4 Likes

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by Haydens: 9:59pm On Feb 21
Ebola TInankwa always paying his supporters to play dirty and mind games to gullible Nigerians.

Even if he was corrupt it can't be compared to what a cocaine sniffing personality like him has done in the past.

TInankwa Ebola stays is addicted to cocaine as if it's his life saver.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by Praktikals1000: 9:59pm On Feb 21
yarimo:
Only those blinded by sentiments do not know this

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by Kaybaba5(m): 10:00pm On Feb 21
yarimo:

And you are saint?

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by BOSSkesh(m): 10:01pm On Feb 21
The loser party is crumbling internally and I’m happy
Loser will lose today and lose tomorrow

Check my signature for free stuffs!!!!!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by Godoverevery: 10:03pm On Feb 21
The saints party.

I always say Nigeria politicians are the same and I can never support any when they fight.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by LegendHero(m): 10:03pm On Feb 21
They will soon claim Tinubu sent this guy

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by Mccullum: 10:04pm On Feb 21
Those emergency lovers of Nigeria won't see anything wrong on this.

Their target are bad wishes for Nigeria, whereas the party they're presenting to us is already in corrupt allegations.

Both party chairman and the party presidential candidate are crooks.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by Cindypresh(f): 10:04pm On Feb 21
yarimo:

You go get BP for obi matter.

I don't like ugly Nigerian Men🙄

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by babajero(m): 10:06pm On Feb 21
Detailednews:
Ex LP Ebonyi guber candidate, Eze Oko, accuses party chairman over forgery, others, demands urgent prosecution

Former Ebonyi state gubernatorial candidate, Eze Oko, has demanded the prosecution of the party's chairman, Mr. Julius Abure, over allegations of forgery, coercive tactics among others.

Oko, who was the candidate of the Labour Party in the last gubernatorial election in Ebonyi state, accused Abure of forging documents in a bid to sabotage his candidacy.

Oko, in a press briefing on Wednesday, in Abuja, claimed that Abure had manipulated party documents to prevent him from contesting in the election, and urged the appropriate authorities to investigate the matter and prosecute the party chairman.

The former gubernatorial candidate called on the Attorney General of the Federation, AGF, to take immediate action against Abure and ensure that justice is served.

His words: “In late 2022 following the Labour Party's ("LP/the party"wink Gubernatorial Primaries for Ebonyi State, I emerged as the party's candidate for the seat of Governor of Ebonyi State. However, what should have been a straight forward democratic process was marred by criminality, deceit and manipulation orchestrated by the party's former National Chairman, Mr. Julius Abure ("Abure"/"The Former Chairman"wink.

“Following my emergence as the Gubernatorial flag bearer for Labour Party, the Chairman initiated a scheme to subvert the electoral process and ensured the emergence of Edward Nkwegu Okereke, the owner of Bacelona hotel in Abuja who had participated in the All Progressives Congress ("APC"wink Gubernatorial primaries in same Ebonyi State, in the same election cycle and lost.

“Mr. Abure, deploying multiple coercive tactics attempted to force me to relinquish my candidacy to Edward Nkwegu Okereke which I outrightly rejected his entreatles and remained steadfast over a sustained step of harassment in my resolve not to step down as the party's legitimate candidate.

“Having failed to convince me, the modus operandi employed by the former Chairman thereafter was nothing short of egregious. Despite my legitimate candidacy and overwhelming support within the party, Abure resorted to forgery and deception to orchestrate my removal as the LP's Gubernatorial candidate.

“He conspired with Alhaji Umaru Farouk Ibrahim the former Secretary of LP, Mr. Clament Ojukwu the former Organizing Secretary of LP, Mrs. Oluchi Oparah the former Treasurer of LP, and Arc Edward Nkengu Okereke the beneficiary of the forgery and forged my signature on a withdrawal letter falsely indicating my voluntary withdrawal from the electoral race. This forged letter was then submitted to the independent National Electoral Commission ("INEC"wink to facilitate an illegal substitution of my candidacy.

“I was left in utter shock when I eventually caught wind of the reprehensible actions of the former Chairman. I had considered Abure a man of integrity, being the head of my party. His betrayal of my trust in such an egregious manner left me utterly dejected, more importantly his actions had grievous implications for internal party democracy, free and fair elections and rule of law. Shocked and dismayed by this brazen act of criminality and Abuse of office, and after conferring with party stakeholders, I immediately sought recourse through legal channels to challenge the illegitimate substitution of my candidature.

“I sued the party and INEC to Federal High Court Abakaliki Ebonyi State. The Judgment came in my favour that I'm the authentic Gubernatorial candidate of LP in Ebonyi State. The judge consequently set aside the illegal substitution primary and directed INEC to publish my name in her portal. Abure and his cohort were not satisfied with this judgment consequently, they appealed it in court of appeal Enugu in Enugu State.

“Their suit was dismissed. Still not satisfied with the judgment of court of Appeal, they went to supreme Court Abuja. Their suit was further dismissed. Subsequently, I petitioned the Deputy Inspector General of Police ("DIG"wink, force criminal investigation Division ("FCID"wink Abuja which triggered a comprehensive police investigation.

“Despite numerous attempts by Abure to evade accountability, the diligent efforts of law enforcement officials led to his eventual apprehension. However, the investigation was not without its significant challenges as the former Chairman consistently attempted to obstruct justice and evade arrest through corrupt and deceitful means after months of rigorous information gathering, cross examinations and forensic analysis, the police investigation conclusively determined that Mr. Abure criminally forged my signature to perpetrate his illegal scheme.

“Throughout the investigation process, I cooperated fully with law enforcement authorities, providing them with all necessary evidence to substantiate my claims of forgery and electoral malpractice. Despite the complexities and obstacles encountered along the way, the FCID remained steadfast in their pursuit of justice, ultimately recommending the prosecution of Abure for his criminal actions.

“The case file has since been forwarded to Federal Ministry of Justice for charges to be instituted but up until now, there has been no movement on the matter. This has begun to agitate my mind as the perception is that the former Chairman can get away with brazen and unbridled criminality which has further emboldened him to become even more reckless, believing that he is a "sacred cow".

“Having received the case file and recommendations from the FCID, I am hereby appealing most passionately to the Honourable Attorney General of the Federation to ensure justice is served. The events described herein underscore the critical importance of upholding the rule of law and ensuring accountability within our democratic institutions. Those who seek to subvert the electoral process and undermine the integrity of our democracy must be held accountable for their actions.

The prosecution of Abure is not only a matter of justice but also reaffirmation of our commitment to the principles of transparency, fairness and accountability in governance.”
They don't have anything against Abure that is why they are bringing up flimsy accusations, just to do the bidding of APC.

1 Like

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by Fiscus105(m): 10:06pm On Feb 21
I guess it's Tinubu that also using Apapa Ebonyi man to scuttle holiest party in the universe.

When a man blames all his predicaments on outsiders, such man would need miracles to succeed in life.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by Ibrahimcoomasie: 10:07pm On Feb 21
He conspired with Alhaji Umaru Farouk Ibrahim the former Secretary of LP, Mr. Clament Ojukwu the former Organizing Secretary of LP, Mrs. Oluchi Oparah the former Treasurer of LP, and Arc Edward Nkengu Okereke the beneficiary of the forgery and forged my signature on a withdrawal letter falsely indicating my voluntary withdrawal from the electoral race.

This forged letter was then submitted to the independent National Electoral Commission ("INEC"wink to facilitate an illegal substitution of my candidacy.

“I was left in utter shock when I eventually caught wind of the reprehensible actions of the former Chairman

Good for Abure. His cup his full.

- He and his band wagon of LP state chairmen sold the Lagos gurbanitorial position to GRV for millions of naira too. Arawamaridi was the original candidate, but his signature was forged to say he withdrew.

Same thing happened to End SARS lawyer Ayo Ademiluyi whose Eti-Osa Lagos Federal HOR seat position was sold to Thaddeus Attah. His signature was also forged too to say he withdrew.

12 Likes

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by Golan007: 10:07pm On Feb 21
Like Abure like Obi.

13 Likes

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by osuofia2(m): 10:10pm On Feb 21
LP the biggest scam after APC

6 Likes

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by wediehere1: 10:12pm On Feb 21
We dodged the bullets from Obidi0ts

12 Likes

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by KingKO22: 10:14pm On Feb 21
Haydens:
Ebola TInankwa always paying his supporters to play dirty and mind games to gullible Nigerians.

Even if he was corrupt it can't be compared to what a cocaine sniffing personality like him has done in the past.

TInankwa Ebola stays is addicted to cocaine as if it's his life saver.

Igbos party is going down gradually and it' shows how pained you are

The pain dey sweet us

Abure and Pandora Obituary that can't manage a useless party wants to manage Nigeria? Is not juju😜😜😜😜😜😜

Obituary is a criminal using Abure as a cover-up

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by Haydens: 10:16pm On Feb 21
KingKO22:

Igbos party is going down gradually and it' shows how pained you are

The pain dey sweet us

Abure and Pandora Obituary that can't manage a useless party wants to manage Nigeria? Is not juju😜😜😜😜😜😜

Obituary is a criminal using Abure as a cover-up

Shut up your breath hole.

1 Like

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by KingKO22: 10:17pm On Feb 21
God done dey scatter the enemies of Nigeria small small

It remain that olosho Aishat Yesuf the concubine of our Pandora Obituary

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by chopnaira: 10:19pm On Feb 21
Abure was so bold in his criminal acts that he thought the Obidients support will make him invisible to the long arm of the law.

Na that twerking Alhaja remain.

7 Likes

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by KingKO22: 10:19pm On Feb 21
Haydens:

Shut up your breath hole.

Painment 😁🤣😂😀🤣🤣

Your mushroom party is full of criminals and you claimed that you want to rescue Nigeria? 🤣🤣🤣😜😀😀

Laboured In pain and vain

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:23pm On Feb 21
Ok
Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by FashionCookie(f): 10:24pm On Feb 21
It's well
Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by christistruth01: 10:30pm On Feb 21
Detailednews:
More

And even more even though Obidients have been pretending not to see this

though We told them at the time

Gbadebo Rhodes didn’t win the LP Primary

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by yarimo(m): 10:33pm On Feb 21
Cindypresh:

You go get BP for obi matter.

I don't like ugly Nigerian Men🙄
me too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by BigYash: 10:42pm On Feb 21
yarimo:
I am sure they are the criminals who stole your sen.ses ..
Re: Ex LP Guber Candidate, Eze Oko, Demands Prosecution Abure by Laple0541(m): 10:43pm On Feb 21
The fact Mr Saint Giringori Obi still associates with that criminal called Abure makes it obvious they are thesame.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Political Witch-hunt By EFCC": Kogi Govt Asks Tinubu To Order Special Probe / Senators And Reps To Get 496 Cars / Ugwuanyi Inspects Atavu Bridge, Directs Immediate Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.