Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman (20352 Views)

Peter Obi, Abure & Apapa In Court Today (Photos, Video) / Sanwo-Olu Bars LP Deputy Governor Candidate From Visiting Train Accident Victims / Oyo APC leaders reject Ajimobi as National Deputy chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by EcoBrick: 2:05pm On May 20, 2023
Callistus Okafor, a former deputy chairman of the Labour Party (LP), has approached the supreme court to declare him as the authentic chairman of the party.

Speaking with journalists on Friday, Okafor said the constitution of the LP still recognises him as the substantive deputy chairman of the party.

He also said that Apapa cannot emerge in illegality, as his “emergence would have been better if there was no consent judgment”. Okafor added that with the consent judgment, Julius Abure, therefore, is an illegal LP chairman.

“I am the only acting national chairman of the Labour Party. Every other person parading himself as such is fake. Lamidi Apapa and Abure are both fake,” Okafor said.

“Let everybody know that I have approached the Supreme Court of Nigeria on Thursday, May 18 and prayed the apex court to declare Abure’s LP chairmanship claims, illegal.

“I have drawn the attention of the court to the fact that the acting secretary of the LP, based on the party’s constitution, cannot emerge as the Chairman.

“I have also asked the supreme court to declare null and void and of no effect, whatever Abure has done in his so-called capacity as the chairman of the LP.

“I specifically drew the attention of the honourable justices of the apex court to the fact that Abure has conducted an illegal convention and primaries for LP which he has no legal power to do.

“I have also asked the court to recognise my party’s membership list because the list is with me and could be verified.”

The LP has been embroiled in a leadership crisis since Apapa, deputy national chairman of the party (south), declared himself the acting national chairman following the sack of Julius Abure by a court.

In April, a federal capital territory (FCT) high court issued an order restraining Abure from parading himself as the LP’s national chairman.

The LP had said Apapa has been suspended over “anti-party activities” alongside Akingbade, national legal adviser; Gbenga Daramola, national financial secretary; Anselem Eragbe, national youth leader; and Abayomi Arabambi, national publicity secretary.

Meanwhile, chieftains of the party including Peter Obi, the presidential candidate, had said there is no crisis in the party, insisting that Abure remains the chairman.

https://www.thecable.ng/abure-apapa-are-fake-ex-lp-deputy-chair-asks-supreme-court-to-declare-him-party-chairman/amp

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by GeneralPula: 2:06pm On May 20, 2023
“I have drawn the attention of the court to the fact that the acting secretary of the LP, based on the party’s constitution, cannot emerge as the Chairman.

“I have also asked the supreme court to declare null and void and of no effect, whatever Abure has done in his so-called capacity as the chairman of the LP.

“I specifically drew the attention of the honourable justices of the apex court to the fact that Abure has conducted an illegal convention and primaries for LP which he has no legal power to do.

“I have also asked the court to recognise my party’s membership list because the list is with me and could be verified.”

Okafor, only you?

141 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by Feintline: 2:10pm On May 20, 2023
Lamidi apapa has failed so they activate another

All these distractions from the opposition points to one direction. The emergence of the OBIDATTI new Nigeria.

Peter obi is coming. Tinubu is heading to a fall that will shake his spirit and body.
PODATTI will be president of Nigeria.

144 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by money121(m): 2:13pm On May 20, 2023
Ok
Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by Throwback: 2:14pm On May 20, 2023
Hahahahaha!

Wahala no dey end if you are a ticket hunter.

You might even get ticket and still be an illegitimate candidate.

Peter Obi has learnt his lesson that you must put in the work and patiently build.

141 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by sunboy(m): 2:39pm On May 20, 2023
What’s going on in LP is a true definition of Ajatuka

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by tuborme: 2:51pm On May 20, 2023
This people are yet to understand the man Peter.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 20, 2023
Nigerians are just stupid. Why should court declare you chairman? Are you going to chair the court?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by Obinwenite(m): 2:59pm On May 20, 2023
sunboy:
Keep deceiving una self

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by Prince111111: 3:36pm On May 20, 2023
sunboy:
I am enjoying the show🤣🤣🤣

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by Noerection: 3:39pm On May 20, 2023
Peter Pandora

135 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by IJOBA11: 3:40pm On May 20, 2023
grin DRUGNIBU NOE GO REST 😂

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by lonecatt(m): 4:10pm On May 20, 2023
There is enough Cure for every form of insanity.
#Thepeoplesmandate

4 Likes

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by Parachoko: 4:11pm On May 20, 2023
grin

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by Parachoko: 4:18pm On May 20, 2023
Thanksful:
Nigerians are just stupid. Why should court declare you chairman? Are you going to chair the court?
Nigerians are not stupid.

140 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by OfoIgbo: 4:27pm On May 20, 2023
Apapa has failed and Tinubu is now flying another kite.

It still will not work. Peter Obi will not recognize this latest fool. Abure remains the chairman.

Unless it is a deep game being played by the Obi-Abure camp, to completely block every legal route to the LP chairmanship, that Apapa will take. Time will tell.

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by DMerciful(m): 6:16pm On May 20, 2023
When this clown is defeated like native doctor Apapa, APC will activate plan c grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by Mko123(m): 6:16pm On May 20, 2023
Tinubu tenure will favour me and family.

Press Like if the prayer will work for you Share to ignore

159 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by Staphylococcus: 6:16pm On May 20, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Labour Party has become a joke. Peter has exported division to the party.

Divided APGA
Divided PDP and it’s electorates.
Same thing he will do in Labour Party.

And he is still going to return to PDP, that’s when the world will know that Atiku is a saint when it comes to political prostitution

141 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by ORAFA(m): 6:16pm On May 20, 2023
Apapa is a criminal and a mole
Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by Olachase(m): 6:16pm On May 20, 2023
Someone should pls give this labour party film a title 🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by Badguy77(m): 6:16pm On May 20, 2023
Wahala

8 Likes

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by NzogbuNzogbu: 6:16pm On May 20, 2023
This party has become cruise

Obi is asking court to give him 7 weeks to provide witness to a case he instituted

28 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by xpressionx(m): 6:17pm On May 20, 2023
APC nice one.

Don't fight with a pig,he will drag you to his tuff-mud and defeat you with experience.

Obi is coming to sanitise Nigerias politics

4 Likes

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by CalabarPikin: 6:17pm On May 20, 2023
grin grin

Cruise nation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by ednut1(m): 6:17pm On May 20, 2023
Money reveals who people truly are haahaahah

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:17pm On May 20, 2023
Hehehehehehe 😃 😀 😄 😁 🤣 😂

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 20, 2023
Smoking
Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by Sonnobax15(m): 6:17pm On May 20, 2023
grin
Oh my goshhhhhh grin grin grin. See as these people just turn LP to house of a thousand laughs grin grin grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:17pm On May 20, 2023
ORAFA:
Apapa is a criminal and a mole
You must be talking about your PandoraObi

122 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ‘Abure, Apapa Are Fake’ — Ex-LP Deputy Chair Asks Court To Declare Him Chairman by okeyumez(m): 6:18pm On May 20, 2023
LP itself is highly disorganized and confused.
If Obi cannot control small LP then he can't control Nigeria

29 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It’s Difficult To Recover Nigeria’s Stolen Money Stashed Abroad —US Ambassador / 2023: Goodluck Is Jonathan Free To Seek PDP Ticket – Secondus / Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.