Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

There's Something Strange About Gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There's Something Strange About Gowon (4367 Views)

What I Find Strange About Mahamat Deby's "Closed Door" Meet With Buhari- Opinion / Why Statement Made By British MP About Gowon Central Bank Theft Is Plausible / About Gowon Vs Miyetti Allah By Onyeabo China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There's Something Strange About Gowon by babasolution: 12:58am On Feb 22
Gowon as never ever spoken about the killings in his state,he is always used to rally support for any government in charge.He presents himself as a humble masses friendly man but
he never ever says anything against the elites, at least some of his colleagues like general danjuma had spoken.

He acts like he is such a Christian godly man but he always supports every government no matter what they do even when they commit evil acts.

The atrocities in plateau state doesn't seem to move him one bit atleast publicly.

Moreso he seems to always talk down and deride the masses anytime he speaks publicly.

He never for once spoke against buhari,despite buhari supervising a clean swipe of violence of his state folk.

A former president like Obasanjo had severally spoken against buhari.

Though his time as a president was relatively good,he supervised a genocidal war.

There's something awkward about the MAN ,I can't place my finger on it but he is strange.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by kettykin: 1:00am On Feb 22
Gowon is a good man who doesn't understand Nigeria. He definitely has the worst advisers around him.

2 Likes

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Bridget95(f): 1:06am On Feb 22
He supervised a genocidal war against his Christian brethren down south. Now the pay back time from karma is upon his people. He was a willing tool in the hands of those in power and he never stops going to beg for alms from them.

He will never speak against the atrocious murder of his people for fear of being denied the alms that he seeks .

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by horsepower102: 1:10am On Feb 22
Gowon is keeping quiet because he has nothing reasonable to say. Everything ojukwu warned him about Nigeria during the war has ended up happening.

His biggest fear is Nigeria breaking up so that’s why he always supports whoever is in power.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by kettykin: 1:10am On Feb 22
Bridget95:
He supervised a genocidal war against his Christian brethren down south. Now the pay back time from karma is upon his people. He was a willing tool in the hands of those in power and he never stops going to beg for alms from them.

He will never speak against the atrocious murder of his people for fear of being denied the alms that he seeks .

Imagine if it was another person that was the head of state during the Civil war, someone like murtala or Adekunle or Buhari or Ibrahim Taiwo or Awolowo or Abacha

Gowon is a good man but was not perfect, I really thank God he was the head of state at that time.

4 Likes

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Sirianese: 1:14am On Feb 22
babasolution:
Gowon as never ever spoken about the killings in his state,he is always used to rally support for any government in charge.He presents himself as a humble masses friendly man but
he never ever says anything against the elites, at least some of his colleagues like general danjuma had spoken.

He acts like he is such a Christian godly man but he always supports every government no matter what they do even when they commit evil acts.

The atrocities in plateau state doesn't seem to move him one bit atleast publicly.

Moreso he seems to always talk down and deride the masses anytime he speaks publicly.

He never for once spoke against buhari,despite buhari supervising a clean swipe of violence of his state folk.

Though his time as a president was relatively good,he supervised a genocidal war.

There's something awkward about the MAN ,I can't place my finger on it but he is strange.

Gowon is the personification of Evil

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by horsepower102: 1:16am On Feb 22
kettykin:

Imagine if it was another person that was the head of state during the Civil war, someone like murtala or Adekunle or Buhari or Ibrahim Taiwo or Awolowo or Abacha

Gowon was not perfect, I really thank God he was the head of state.

Who ordered the indiscriminate bombing of civilians during the war after they realized they couldn’t advance for months. Let’s not rewrite history.

Nigeria army was losing many troops that they resulted to bombing civilians to force Biafran solders to abandon their front lines.
There are Irish priests who reported these atrocities.

Who ordered those bombings on civilians?

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Bookhub: 1:24am On Feb 22
in Nigeria only igbos and fulanis have spirit of nationalism they understand Nigeria better than any ethnic group these two are very self preservative than any other the rest are just mugu,if igbos are killed the way plateau people are being killed it could have beimg another bloody civil war,the fulanis just want to entire north and one southwest state with sea access and its a done deal

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by nothingspoil70: 1:26am On Feb 22
There is nothing strange about the man. Just because he has visited Tinubu ( your enemy)
And he has given his own personal opinion and advised you people should give him more time before things will pick up you have started on him again.

I feel sorry for you people. Still 8 years of wailing

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by papyjaypaul: 1:34am On Feb 22
Gowon is not your problem. Leave the old man alone. Maybe you don't know, if not for Gowon, you won't have Saturday as a rest day. De there de ferment trouble for Christian and godly man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by 9japride(m): 2:00am On Feb 22
kettykin:
Gowon is a good man who doesn't understand Nigeria. He definitely has the worst advisers around him.
[color=#006600][/color]

What kind of excuse is this? Is he a baby? It's just a normal wicked elite character and nothing else.
Your statement is an insult to the sensibility of all Nigerians. Generals are highly intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by SIXFEETUNDER: 5:26am On Feb 22
Gowon way get prostrate cancer , him life day on bleep bleep

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Bridget95(f): 5:27am On Feb 22
kettykin:

Gowon is a good man but was not perfect, I really thank God he was the head of state at that time.
How can a good man supervise the killing, bombing and starvation of women and children ? If you know the atrocities they committed during the genocide, you won't call him a good man.

3 Likes

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Jlow2: 5:36am On Feb 22
People that remain silent and never speak up against bad and evil re worst than the perpetrator

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by A305: 6:07am On Feb 22
Regardless of whosoever abuses power but remain in Aso Rock. Gowon has no option but to go pay allegiance because he was in that position before, he understands power is akin to ruthlessness. So he chooses to stay on the leaders good graces as an elder state man for one reason. Self preservation.

Dangote and other Nigerian billionaires are also in this category. They never overtly criticize government or talk too recklessly against those in power because It will only take just one government policy/reform to ruin their whole business empire. So it's better to stay in ther ruling government good graces for the sake of self preservation.

4 Likes

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Mindlog: 7:13am On Feb 22
Bridget95:
How can a good man supervise the killing, bombing and starvation of women and children ? If you know the atrocities they committed during the genocide, you won't call him a good man.

There is nothing good about Gowon, and he knows deep in his heart, that all those born again Christian facade he was showing in the last 25 yrs is all a scam.

A man who saw nothing wrong in giving the go-ahead that a hospita in Aba should be aerial bombed by the Nigerian Air force, killing about 500 patients and medical personnel at a go.....the werey still at that time, had an Igbo girlfriend from Anambra, who left him because of the civil war and as inner misery continue to be his lot for the remaining of his days.,he lives with the reality that his first child and son, na the igbo girlfriend born am despite his reluctance to accept paternity which he finally did, few years ago after DNA test result established him as the father.... the son, was deported back to Nigeria from the US after serving about 20 years in prison for drug trafficking and some igbos made sure that they rub it on his face that his first seed also has Igbo blood.....I believe Gowon would have told Tinubu that he was lucky for not ending up in prison for his involvement in drugs as his own son did. cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Ibrahimcoomasie: 7:17am On Feb 22
Bookhub:
in Nigeria only igbos and fulanis have spirit of nationalism they understand Nigeria better than any ethnic group these two are very self preservative than any other the rest are just mugu,if igbos are killed the way plateau people are being killed it could have beimg another bloody civil war,the fulanis just want to entire north and one southwest state with sea access and its a done deal
That's why the Igbos always act as 2nd fiddle to the Fulanis. But Buhari later realised that the SE was just 5 percenters and dumped them.

Goodvibes007:
How Ibos have always played slave to the Fulani.👇

1960 Azikiwe Saurdana (they outsmarted Zik and gave him a ceremonial president position) - Fulani/ibo

1979: Shagari/Ekwueme - Fulani/Ibo

1993: Tofa/Ugo - Fulani/Ibo

2003: Buhari/Okadigbo - Fulani/Ibo

2007: Buhari/ Ezeoke - Fulani/Ibo

2019: Atiku/ Peter Obi - Fulani/Ibo

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Lifemanage: 7:21am On Feb 22
kettykin:
Fake talk. A gentle devil

1 Like

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by jumper524(m): 7:47am On Feb 22
babasolution:

that's what most head of state do except Obasanjo.
Jonathan, ibb, abdulsalam and now buhari all tend to support the govt in power.
They know just how difficult Nigerians are to manage.

1 Like

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Manigie: 7:48am On Feb 22
The way I heard it, he gets a percentage for every khaki worn by an NYSC member and calculate the number of corp members yearly.....

In fact, I was told the money he makes on corp members is more than one can possibly imagine.
So he has to keep mute or else this agreement could be flushed down the toilet....

But what do I know, it's just what I heard on the streets

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Exousiang01: 8:15am On Feb 22
There is nothing awkward about the man.
Not everyman runs around talking anyhow.
I think is a man who values his words and only speaks as at when due.
Like you noticed he went quietly to see the president and discussed issues with him not like Gen Obasanjo who would start writing letters here and there.
Every past head of state and president has always supported a present government except Obasanjo who acts like a kid running his mouth.
If you don't like something, you go meet with the president as an elder statesman, not running your mouth like the average Gen Z.
Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Mindlog: 8:22am On Feb 22
Exousiang01:

I guess talking with the aim to end the constant killings and displacements in Plateau state, where he comes from would also classify as "talking anyhow" in your own world?
Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by gidgiddy: 8:28am On Feb 22
Gowon was fighting, killing millions of people, telling the world that he is doing this because 'one Nigeria' will be the best in the future

I'm glad Gowon is alive to see what his 'one Nigeria' has become. Today, Gowon can no longer sleep in his local government in Plateau State

6 Likes

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Front0lane: 8:36am On Feb 22
Why do you Igbos on Nairaland have something foolish to say about everybody not Igbo on this forum.

Just few days ago it was Adeboye, then Bwala now Gowon. Are you people cursed for God sake ? What as Gowon down wring to visit Tinubu that you Igbos are lamenting about again.

babasolution:

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by ibechris(m): 8:43am On Feb 22
Bookhub:

U are very right.
Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Kloenboi: 8:46am On Feb 22
Bridget95:

Are you a female?
Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Kloenboi: 8:55am On Feb 22
Exousiang01:
I think is a man who values his words and only speaks as at when due.
Like you noticed he went quietly to see the president and discussed issues with him not like Gen Obasanjo who would start writing letters here and there.
Every past head of state and president has always supported a present government except Obasanjo who acts like a kid running his mouth.
If you don't like something, you go meet with the president as an elder statesman, not running your mouth like the average Gen Z.

Do you know the numbers of deaths that are recorded in plateau state were your Gowon lives?

Gowon has never spoken about it, if at all, I have never heard of him speaking against the herders slaughter in plateau

1 Like

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Verbtips(m): 9:05am On Feb 22
But what they are trying to do is to wipe out the christains
majorly north central
the was the head of state when
plateau lose all its generals
just look
vigilantee
in
northcentral
the use
shakabula
so in yorubaland
look at the vigilantee
in the igbo land check the gun them the use
our politicians know what they are doing
boko haram is system govern by the goverment
how many people did inamdi kanu killed that they won't give him bible to swear and set him free
as they do to repented boko haram
their target is
yoruba people are lazy and their youth are fraudsters
lets deal with their generation
igbo have ipob
ok let deal with them using security men
north centrals
love farming etc
lets deal with them using bandit to wipe them up expecially the christains
just watch how many times have you hear boko haram news nw
like in the time of jonathan
am just an apathy i don't vote
nigerians politician plays politics with its life of the citizen
this present turmoil
is cause by some group of politicians

1 Like

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Exousiang01: 9:33am On Feb 22
Mindlog:

I guess talking with the aim to end the constant killings and displacements in Plateau state, where he comes from would also classify as "talking anyhow" in your own world?
Talking does not make any impact if you are not talking to the right persons.
If he feels the need to talk about the killings, speaking to the media won't change anything.
Just like he did now, he went to meet the President and spoke with him, that's how elder statesman are to act not jumping up and down the media.
Obasanjo during the time of Buhari went about saying so many things in the media but not once did he go to meet Buhari one on one to discuss issues and give advice.
Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by Exousiang01: 9:46am On Feb 22
Kloenboi:

Do you know the numbers of deaths that are recorded in plateau state were your Gowon lives?

Gowon has never spoken about it, if at all, I have never heard of him speaking against the herders slaughter in plateau
That he doesn't come out to the media to speak doesn't mean he is speaking.
Do you follow him around to know when he meets with the governor or calls the governor on the phone, now he has met with the president I believe this is among the issues they have discussed.
I was at a very senior boss house some years ago at night, he sent his personal body guard to wake me up, the deputy governor of the state (I won't mention the state) was coming, the deputy governor came in around 2am at night we had the meeting for about 2 hours and he left, he came in a hilux with just the driver and a police officer. The elderstateman had asked for an audience with the deputy but the deputy said it would be disrespectful for such a senior citizen to come, so the deputy governor came over instead out of respect.

My point is, the fact that you don't see God in on media talking doesn't mean he is silent.

1 Like

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by babasolution: 9:48am On Feb 22
Front0lane:
Why do you Igbos on Nairaland have something foolish to say about everybody not Igbo on this forum.

Just few days ago it was Adeboye, then Bwala now Gowon. Are you people cursed for God sake ? What as Gowon down wring to visit Tinubu that you Igbos are lamenting about again.
Again,a thousand times now, I AM NOT IGBO,

Re: There's Something Strange About Gowon by arantess: 9:52am On Feb 22
kettykin:
So you need advisers to tell you when to condemn killings in your state?
Wonderful..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Give Up Your Car For A Bicycle? / North Remove Edo,delta,yoruba Into Benin Republic,north Become President2011 / Breaking News!: I May Expose Buhari -IBB*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.