Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? (603 Views)

2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu / Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) / Do Want To Know Pasts And Present Ministers Of Defence In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by Tombrown3(m): 1:04am On Feb 22
Though I'm a strong supporter of Obi, I'll never wish a country I'm living in to fail, cause when I do, it inadvertently affects me too.

I don't enjoy how every trader is taking advantage of this current situation to make life unbearable for the masses.

I was expecting something very serious to be the reason why Cement Price was tripled in the space of 2 months only to be disappointed by the explanation given by the manufacturers.

I understand that those at the helm of affairs are the main culprits and benefactors of this corrupt system. (this will be a talk for another day)

Today I see lots of people not being happy the FG clamped down on Binance, some BDC and it's like. I seriously don't understand why they are not happy the naira is gaining.
Whatever profit you make from the rise of dollars will be used to buy ordinary commodities at an exorbitant price.

You think you win, but you ultimately lose.

If you save N2000 in dollars at the rate of N1500/$1, by the time the dollar increases to N2000/$1 in a few weeks, you might think your money has added value and gains. But when you rush down to buy soap which used to be 150h when the dollar was N1500/$1, you are told is now 300h, this gulps up the profit you've made from your dollar hoarding!

We need to hold those at the helm of affairs accountable for the policies they are making, we do this by protest and CRITICISM etc, NOT BY CONTRIBUTING TO IT!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by worldclass68(m): 1:26am On Feb 22
Tombrown3:
Though I'm a strong supporter of Obi, I'll never wish a country I'm living in to fail, cause when I do, it inadvertently affects me too.

I don't enjoy how every trader is taking advantage of this current situation to make life unbearable for the masses.

I was expecting something very serious to be the reason why Cement Price was tripled in the space of 2 months only to be disappointed by the explanation given by the manufacturers.

I understand that those at the helm of affairs are the main culprits and benefactors of this corrupt system. (this will be a talk for another day)

Today I see lots of people not being happy the FG clamped down on Binance, some BDC and it's like. I seriously don't understand why they are not happy the naira is gaining.
Whatever profit you make from the rise of dollars will be used to buy ordinary commodities at an exorbitant price.

If you save N2000 in dollars at the rate of N1500/$1, by the time the dollar increases to N2000/$1 in a few weeks, you might think your money has added value and gains. But when you rush down to buy soap which used to be 150h when the dollar was N1500/$1, you are told is now 300h, this gulps up the profit you've made from your dollar hoarding!

We need to hold those at the helm of affairs accountable for the policies they are making, we do this by protest and CRITICISM etc, NOT BY CONTRIBUTING TO IT!!

Now imagine u didn't save up ur money in $ and u will still meet that soap at 300h...

This govt crush my savings like.... my savings since early last yr hoping to raise to certain capital...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:31am On Feb 22
It's not about wishing Nigeria to fail. Our wishes are nothing. The government needs to do the right thing to preserve the value of the naira. All these fire brigade approaches aren't going to do shit.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by Seunpapa65: 2:06am On Feb 22
No one is wishing Nigeria dead but you can keep saving your money in a stable currency and expect the poor masses to keep there own at home to be come a toilet paper no offense if it falls back at least you have nothing to lose

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by commoditiesnig: 2:16am On Feb 22

Well said

1 Like

Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by Contriman(m): 2:30am On Feb 22
If you blocking exchangers and BDC will make naira not free fall then think again
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by RepoMan007: 3:20am On Feb 22
So they can profit from the downfall of what they don't like.
A mutual achievement of dual goal.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by LordIsaac(m): 4:51am On Feb 22
The first line of your submission is a thing of worry. Lols!šŸ˜‚
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by chopnaira: 5:04am On Feb 22
Hatred - poor and simple. The emergency lovers of Nigeria have gone back to hating Nigeria after their messiah lost.
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by SpatialKing(m): 5:13am On Feb 22
Typical Agbadorian instead of you to sermon Tinubu and call him to order to fix our failing naira...

You are here pointing fingers

Oh we forgot
None of you even have access to Tinubu anymore šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by jumper524(m): 7:26am On Feb 22
The thing is majority of obidients aren't like you, hence your opinion matters less, some obidients would most likely insult you for wanting positive growth for the country..
Imagine if such people leads you in the future, I'm sure no one dares to criticize their falls.
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by Cindypresh(f): 7:32am On Feb 22
After voting failures like buhari and tinupoo then you turn around to ask your ancestors why they want Nigeria to fail

Isi adiro gi mma
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by koondog: 7:55am On Feb 22
Tinubuu and Cardoso are deceiving you all. Tinubu borrowed or promised people over 500 billion naira to win that election. To pay it back, he would have to withdraw $1 billion from his domiciliary accounts stached abroad but that'sa lot of money.

So he engineered a scheme to devalue the naira by 500%, the plan is for naira to fall to 2500 naira to a dollar, so that instead of withdrawing $1billion to settle the 500 billion at the official rate when he took over, he will now withdraw only $200 million for the same 500 billion naira, allowing him to settle everybody and have note money left for 2027.

Watch and see, as soon as naira reaches 2500 naira, they will reverse the policy and stop floating.

Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by ambale(m): 8:18am On Feb 22
When hopes are continually dashed, the people tend to not give a Bleep about the government anymore

I have a business center I run and from buying 10litres of fuel in a day, we now struggle to buy 4 litres but customers wants you to keep prices low plus light have refused to come up for over a month now

So how do you actually expect us to also feed ourselves and families if we keep doing giveaway with our business?

I planned on some renovation this new year, up till now I still couldn't fix that cos the cost of maintenance is almost the same as starting up the business, it's not funny at all.

The government needs to restore back that hope if we want to move forward, but for now high prices is the answer, no be me una go pursue out of businessšŸ˜

1 Like

Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by Tombrown3(m): 9:02am On Feb 22
worldclass68:

Now imagine u didn't save up ur money in $ and u will still meet that soap at 300h...

This govt crush my savings like.... my savings since early last yr hoping to raise to certain capital...
Yeah, that's the point, our act of "dollarising" everything is the reason we are here in the first place.

We are contributors to the hardship, that's my own point. Instead of fighting for a better governance, we tend to take advantage of the hardship. Which in turn makes it even harder.
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by Tombrown3(m): 9:04am On Feb 22
Cindypresh:

After voting failures like buhari and tinupoo then you turn around to ask your ancestors why they want Nigeria to fail

Isi adiro gi mma

I made mention of being Obident.

Never supported either of the people you mentioned.

But if you believe or want the country to fail cause you hate who's ruling, then you are no better than those your corrupt leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by Tombrown3(m): 9:08am On Feb 22
koondog:
Tinubuu and Cardoso are deceiving you all. Tinubu borrowed or promised people over 500 billion naira to win that election. To pay it back, he would have to withdraw $1 billion from his domiciliary accounts stached abroad but that'sa lot of money.

So he engineered a scheme to devalue the naira by 500%, the plan is for naira to fall to 2500 naira to a dollar, so that instead of withdrawing $1billion to settle the 500 billion at the official rate when he took over, he will now withdraw only $200 million for the same 500 billion naira, allowing him to settle everybody and have note money left for 2027.

Watch and see, as soon as naira reaches 2500 naira, they will reverse the policy and stop floating.

Wow... This an entire dimension of the matter.

Please do you have a evidence backing this? cause if you are right, you might end up saving us.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by Cindypresh(f): 9:56am On Feb 22
Tombrown3:

I made mention of being Obident.

Never supported either of the people you mentioned.

But if you believe or want the country to fail cause you hate who's ruling, then you are no better than those your corrupt leaders.

And you supported
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by donbrowser(m): 10:02am On Feb 22
koondog:

1. Please where did this meeting take place and who were the people in attendance?

2. I thought you guys said he has all the Lagos money in his coffers, why is there need to borrow when he can easily withdraw it from Lagos

3. You claimed he borrowed the money to win, are you saying he didn't lose the election again?
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by ozo13(m): 10:29am On Feb 22
Contriman:
If you blocking exchangers and BDC will make naira not free fall then think again
na only Nigeria allow this nonsense call bureau de change.All the saner cline countries we are running to don't allow such.Even in south Africa here, only banks do conversion of there currency to dollar or vice versa and the person is mandated to drop means of identification and everything is on record but our own people just like to do anyhow from the political class down to the citizens and we expect Nigeria to be great.We are just joking.e go choke everyone las las and we will go back to doing what is proper.
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by Tombrown3(m): 12:34pm On Feb 22
ozo13:
na only Nigeria allow this nonsense call bureau de change.All the saner cline countries we are running to don't allow such.Even in south Africa here, only banks do conversion of there currency to dollar or vice versa and the person is mandated to drop means of identification and everything is on record but our own people just like to do anyhow from the political class down to the citizens and we expect Nigeria to be great.We are just joking.e go choke everyone las las and we will go back to doing what is proper.

Exactly my question, why do we have BDC outside of bank protocol?

Like, this country is just a crazy place.

Imagine POS now being a form of business people are doing to make a living.
Banks deliberately reduce the amount of cash in ATM forcing lots of people to make use of POS.

Corruption in this country is in the fibric of our core.
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by ozo13(m): 12:59pm On Feb 22
Tombrown3:

Exactly my question, why do we have BDC outside of bank protocol?

Like, this country is just a crazy place.

Imagine POS now being a form of business people are doing to make a living.
Banks deliberately reduce the amount of cash in ATM forcing lots of people to make use of POS.

Corruption in this country is in the fibric of our core.
God help us
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by afube: 1:09pm On Feb 22
Tombrown3:

You are being naive! To whose benefit is the continued devaluation of the naira ? Is it to the corrupt class( who have mountain heaps of dollars) or to ordinary Nigerians, who do not have naira talk less of dollars! Tinubu,Cardoso and the yoruba finance minister know exactly what they are doing...................this is one in a lifetime opportunity to buy up naira denominated financial, corporate and landed assets...................why where only Yorubas appointed to key finance/economic posts, I laff at naive igbo people falling for their con and mind games! After 4 years you mumus will realize the yorubas have pulled off the largest financial and economic heist in the history of Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by Contriman(m): 1:34pm On Feb 22
ozo13:
that's why it's better to tear this country down and start afresh or divide it better stil
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by Ttalk: 1:36pm On Feb 22
Typical village mindset

1 Like

Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by Beautifulday: 1:40pm On Feb 22
Tombrown3:

All of you are very foolish. You will just conjure up things in your head and start talking nonesense.

Who want naira to fall?

Is the person alian to hardship?
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by Beautifulday: 1:42pm On Feb 22
afube:

You are being naive! To whose benefit is the continued devaluation of the naira ? Is it to the corrupt class( who have mountain heaps of dollars) or to ordinary Nigerians, who do not have naira talk less of dollars! Tinubu,Cardoso and the yoruba finance minister know exactly what they are doing...................this is one in a lifetime opportunity to buy up naira denominated financial, corporate and landed assets...................why where only Yorubas appointed to key finance/economic posts, I laff at naive igbo people falling for their con and mind games! After 4 years you mumus will realize the yorubas have pulled off the largest financial and economic heist in the history of Nigeria!

Which Igbo is wishing naira fall? Abi, unago just dey una bed dey represent the Igbos?

How do Igbos benefit from naira failing? Can you school us?
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by ozo13(m): 1:54pm On Feb 22
Contriman:
that's why it's better to tear this country down and start afresh or divide it better stil
like na the way be this oo.to start a fresh

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by Ajibade123(m): 2:33pm On Feb 22
tensazangetsu20:
It's not about wishing Nigeria to fail. Our wishes are nothing. The government needs to do the right thing to preserve the value of the naira. All these fire brigade approaches aren't going to do shit.
What's the right thing?
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:39pm On Feb 22
Ajibade123:

What's the right thing?

That's their job to figure out. Afterall they trained for 20 years to be president and also had a first class and worked at Deloitte grin grin
Re: Why Do Want The Naira To Keep Falling? by wegevv: 2:50pm On Feb 22
Tombrown3:

Yeah, that's the point, our act of "dollarising" everything is the reason we are here in the first place.

We are contributors to the hardship, that's my own point. Instead of fighting for a better governance, we tend to take advantage of the hardship. Which in turn makes it even harder.

Lmao

Oga people react to their environment

Itā€™s the law of economics. People have seen that they canā€™t trust the Naira because the government proved itself to be completely incompetent for 9 years, by chasing away foreign investors, artificially hiking food prices with economic illiterate border closures, borrowing foolishly and stealing from its citizens by printing money with no regard for the consequences

You better wise up yourself and protect any savings you may have my friend ā¤ļø

(1) (2) (Reply)

ā€œprice Reductions For Itemsā€: Reno Omokri Describes How Tinubu Gained His Respec / Ifeanyi Ubah Sparks Energy Revolution At PortHarcourt & Warri Refineries / Anambra:the Home Of Gladiators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.