Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ (22492 Views)

FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom / Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar / Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by Chibuzoc(m): 11:14am On Feb 22
grin Na statistics we go chop

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by Treasure17(m): 11:14am On Feb 22
Fluctuating but definitely going to 2k.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by pocohantas(f): 11:15am On Feb 22
chatinent:
Lasisi and Nedu did a comic on this and it turns out it wasn't really comedy but reality now.

Honestly, at this point, I don't see any benefit of saving money in a Nigerian bank. It's safer to use a virtual bank. And put the greater part in crypto.

The Nigerian banks keep milking you, they won't give you Dollars, their cards are useless for international transactions, and to get dollar cards, you must be an influential person.

I am not influential, but I have a dollar card. So this last bit of info is untrue. smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by Hoelujohn: 11:15am On Feb 22
superlanny:
Unfortunately, we have clueless leaders who have no idea what it takes to lead and more worse are the morons who some how keep believing anything good can come from this set of nonentities.

When Binance was blocked and I saw a good number of people celebrating and giving the govt kudos, I shed a tear for how much gone people are, like can’t you all just use that brain if there ever was one and understand these politicians never do what favors the common man but themselves, if you know how many countless stacks of dollars in their possession you will weep for your generation. Stay there and be beefing or jealous of those who are legitimately trading and earning through cryptocurrency. You are being left behind and instead of you to adapt and learn you are spreading hate for what you have no idea about.

Just keep playing and hope blocking Binance will crash the price, I foresee 1dollar to be 3000naira in max 2 months
Me i am looking at it becoming 500k per dollar.
With that, robbery will be much. Anyone with usdt or dollar, na kidnnappers go be their friends. Sheybi all of una wan destroy Nigeria abi. Una no get sense by force

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by excess4luv: 11:16am On Feb 22
The government should ban use of physical Dollar in Nigeria, let exchanges go through the bank. Binance is not our problem, the politicians stocking Dollar are the problem

7 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by Pythagoras001: 11:17am On Feb 22
if people can get it at the bank easily and quickly why would day buy it at higher prices at binance ?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by Menclothing: 11:20am On Feb 22
Nigerias are the most bad people you keep your money in foreign currency and u expect naira to grow
Now when u change it back to naira prices of goods have increase to that currency u change it too you want to gain with currency stock piling u all are jokers
You will only damage ur currency more and when u exchange it will buy you same goods u can buy b4 u convert

4 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by reiddecuti: 11:23am On Feb 22
Our naira is experiencing air turbulence abi na ocean current.
Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by motionarena: 11:24am On Feb 22
Playing baba ijebu with our naira
Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by lexy2014: 11:24am On Feb 22
theophorus:

Kikikikiki, some of Una dey rejoice as bad things dey happen but Una forget say wetin Una wish others go soon be Una portion.

is their rejoicing the reason for the bad things happening?

did they commit any crime by rejoicing?

what did they wish others that will be their portion soon?

the people that caused the bad things what will be their portion?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by lexy2014: 11:25am On Feb 22
Menclothing:
Nigerias are the most bad people you keep your money in foreign currency and u expect naira to grow
Now when u change it back to naira prices of goods have increase to that currency u change it too you want to gain with currency stock piling u all are jokers
You will only damage ur currency more and when u exchange it will buy you same goods u can buy b4 u convert

are you one of the Nigerians perpetrating all these things you are talking about?
Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by LandMann: 11:25am On Feb 22
Read the title of the thread again. You'll see why Nigeria is such an upside down country
Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by Didijiji: 11:25am On Feb 22
oilyngbati:
Typical ipob
You guys appear very stupid and hopeless when you mention IPOB at stark realities of the current dire situation of Nigeria

Is it that you guys are calling them to resurrect insurgency or being plain stewpid?

Like IPOB is the reason dollar is 2k or cement 10k or fuel 1k?

What has IPOB got to do with the dangerous situation Nigeria is in now powered by Emilokan?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by livinbygrace: 11:27am On Feb 22
I dont know much about economics but i think placing ban on Binance and the likes, will be added advantage to the Naira.For example,you cant open any Nigerian Betting websites in Benin Republic except their own Betting website and their economy is doing wonderfully well.
As at now,1000 naira is equivalent to 325 cefa.
So government should do more

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by AshipaEk0: 11:28am On Feb 22
theysg:

Oga, blocking of binance is not intended to plunge naira price, it was done to stop Naira from further fall.

Is it only politicians that hoard dollar?

What about BDCs, Business moguls, Government officials, Bank managers, Mda heads and so on?

You actually sound really clueless to realize that the forces against the Naira is beyound the control of the CBN. The central bank is dealing with a very greedy and wicked market here.

It is this ignorance for me.

What is the average monthly volume of USDT/NGN transactions on Binance?

Please post a screenshot from your own app. The blockchain is public afterall.

hopefully you even know what you are talking about
Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by Dansy(f): 11:30am On Feb 22
It's now I believe that you guys don't wish Nigeria well. I can see you are short sighted because your candidates do not win election. Is that enough reason to wish your father's land bad.? America will always say God bless America. I am not in support of any candidates. If anything happens today, your family will suffer and you as well. Continue wishing that naira will fall #2500. Politician have nothing to lose. Apparently, only the stupid fools who come to social media to wish their country bad because Peter who was gallant failure in Anambra or Atiku who cannot defend the little girl Deborah who was killed by extremist. God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by kowalsky: 11:30am On Feb 22
theysg:

Oga, blocking of binance is not intended to plunge naira price, it was done to stop Naira from further fall.

Is it only politicians that hoard dollar?

What about BDCs, Business moguls, Government officials, Bank managers, Mda heads and so on?

You actually sound really clueless to realize that the forces against the Naira is beyound the control of the CBN. The central bank is dealing with a very greedy and wicked market here.

T
Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by BBIA: 11:30am On Feb 22
AqualinaXYZ:
Its going to N2500 before end of February

This I pray amen grin grin
falseprophet1 come and see

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by AmuDimpka: 11:31am On Feb 22
What if the Politicians should bring out the dollars they stashed....? We saw how dollars were shared during elections
Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by AmuDimpka: 11:32am On Feb 22
Dansy:
It's now I believe that you guys don't wish Nigeria well. I can see you are short sighted because your candidates do not win election. Is that enough reason to wish your father's land bad.? America will always say God bless America. I am not in support of any candidates. If anything happens today, your family will suffer and you as well. Continue wishing that naira will fall #2500. Politician have nothing to lose. Apparently, only the stupid fools who come to social media to wish their country bad because Peter who was gallant failure in Anambra or Atiku who cannot defend the little girl Deborah who was killed by extremist. God bless Nigeria.
are you done crying

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by Ramirezkhay(m): 11:33am On Feb 22
cheesy

Go get meds grin
If at all use Manpower grin

grin
StraightGaay:
Naira dey rise dey fall like my big d.. K
Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by spiSeyi: 11:35am On Feb 22
The Naira USD is a case of tulips in the 1880s grin I only pity those who bought @1,809 hoping for 2000-2,500. Watch out for massive drop to 1,000 within the next few weeks. The Naira will end up trading between 8,00 -8,50 in the short term of 1 year. PBAT and CBN are the real speculators, the 10 billion USD intervention and crypto trading suspension is to create panic selling FoMO (Fear of Missing Out) cool

4 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by nairalanda1(m): 11:36am On Feb 22
Nigeria, so long as we are not earning dollars, we will have fluctuating fluctuance
Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by deltaF0SS: 11:37am On Feb 22
VeryWickedMan:
A sovereign nation's currency jumping upandan like private stock.
grin grin grin
the wicked do cry. Kai

9ja y naw embarassed
Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by morgstreme: 11:37am On Feb 22
superlanny:
Unfortunately, we have clueless leaders who have no idea what it takes to lead and more worse are the morons who some how keep believing anything good can come from this set of nonentities.

When Binance was blocked and I saw a good number of people celebrating and giving the govt kudos, I shed a tear for how much gone people are, like can’t you all just use that brain if there ever was one and understand these politicians never do what favors the common man but themselves, if you know how many countless stacks of dollars in their possession you will weep for your generation. Stay there and be beefing or jealous of those who are legitimately trading and earning through cryptocurrency. You are being left behind and instead of you to adapt and learn you are spreading hate for what you have no idea about.

Just keep playing and hope blocking Binance will crash the price, I foresee 1dollar to be 3000naira in max 2 months

You are a little young dingbat..

I know your type wakes up using foreign goods/services..

You wake up and brush your dirty unintelligent mouth with foreign tooth paste,wear foreign clothes,use foreign cars,stay in houses with foreign appliances ,go to supermarket that sell foreign goods,go the "Chinese" restaurants,patronize foreign almost everything..

99.5% of my people make their "billions" strictly from importation.. including the Dodgy presidential failure from Agulu..that's all he does..yet the lying machine goes "from consumption to production"..let him show us just ONE FACTORY where he produces 100% wholly Nigerian indigenous goods..that's why he is a HYPOCRITE!

Yet you want the naira to have value..

When I grew up in the 70s and 80s ,you hardly see ANY FAMILY in Nigeria..whether in the towns,high brow areas or inner villages without a small farm in their houses ..very hard.. .do you know how that keeps keeping inflation at bay

Growing up,I NEVER saw ANYONE in my household buy eggs,chicken,goat,vegetables or fish..we produced and had all these in our house..

Today you want to be a "Big Boy" buying from market all de time and your money will still have value?You don't want to have a small vegetable garden and poultry in your small corner,even if you live in a flat..Keep joking .

What do you produce as a people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by AngelicBeing: 11:40am On Feb 22
2shure:
I just got my 5th car. Thanks to binance.
tongue

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by BigDawsNet: 11:41am On Feb 22
AqualinaXYZ:
Its going to N2500 before end of February

This I pray amen grin grin

If you have any plan for japa... you ain't wishing urself well bro...

And even if you wanna remain in naija... the more the dollar goes up... the more the cost of living goes higher
.. so it makes no sense to celebrate this

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by Yorubafonja: 11:41am On Feb 22
Dey play

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by wittydee: 11:42am On Feb 22
What the Govt. and CBN sre doing can be analysed like this,; a man has eggs lying on a roughed Table, he decides to do some rearrangement in his house. In the process, he decides to tilt the table in order to accommodate a little chaie. Meanwhile, the eggs are still on the table. Suddenly, the eggs begin to fall gradually one after the order. On realising his mistake, the man decides to start breaking the tilled floor, because he believes that the eggs break because they are falling on the hard floor covered with tiles. He realizes that this did not solve the problem, because, after removing the tiles, the eggs are still breaking after falling on the bare floor. He then decides, that the real solution to the problem is to smoothen the roughened table. After doing this, it did not solve the problem but accerated the fall of the eggs. Again the man realising that all his effort to solve the problem had failed, finally resorted to blaming his neighbour for living close to Him. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the current approach of those who running the Nigerian economy.

A simple reversal of policies hurridly pronounced without recourse to analysis, causes and effects will go a long way in addressing the present quagmire

3 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by tctrills: 11:43am On Feb 22
oilyngbati:
Typical ipob
You mean the central bank governor is Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by israelmao(m): 11:48am On Feb 22
These are the major reasons or factors Nigerian currency is witnessing high depreciation:
1.Reckless and unnecessary borrowings/spending by Buhari administration
2.Removal of fuel subsidy without creating shock-absorbers
3.Lack of monetary policy direction and transparency in harmonization of official and parallel markets as regards to forex
4.Nigeria has ever been import-dependent which accounts for disequilibrium in balance of trade.
5.The rising and unabated insecurity has been slowing down contributions of agricultural sector to GPD
6.Mismanagement and lack of transparency in crude oil revenues as well as crude oil theft

3 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ by ispreloaded(m): 11:48am On Feb 22
wittydee:
What the Govt. and CBN sre doing can be analysed like this,; a man has eggs lying on a roughed Table, he decides to do some rearrangement in his house. In the process, he decides to tilt the table in order to accommodate a little chaie. Meanwhile, the eggs are still on the table. Suddenly, the eggs begin to fall gradually one after the order. On realising his mistake, the man decides to start breaking the tilled floor, because he believes that the eggs break because they are falling on the hard floor covered with tiles. He realizes that this did not solve the problem, because, after removing the tiles, the eggs are still breaking after falling on the bare floor. He then decides, that the real solution to the problem is to smoothen the roughened table. After doing this, it did not solve the problem but accerated the fall of the eggs. Again the man realising that all his effort to solve the problem had failed, finally resorted to blaming his neighbour for living close to Him. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the current approach of those who running the Nigerian economy.

A simple reversal of policies hurridly pronounced without recourse to analysis, causes and effects will go a long way in addressing the present quagmire
🙄

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing / Best Loan Apps Without BVN In Nigeria / Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.