Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,133 members, 7,821,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu (15767 Views)

Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira / 10 Companies That Shutdown Over Worsening Economy / Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanationโ€™ โ€“ Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by Bluearrow: 2:05pm On Feb 22
skj1377:
The idea of floating the Naira is wrong. Gov should determine the value of the Naira to dollar based on their strategic national interests. Floating the Naira makes it permanently unstable.
Governors should determine the value of a nation currency?? What did I just read?
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by hushpapi(m): 2:05pm On Feb 22
Good idea sir, floating of naira also got effect on us. But sir what I know and very sure of is that, if anyone want to transform this country into a good please he should be ready to kill some people. If they don't go, bringing back this country to stand level will be very difficult.

2 Likes

Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:06pm On Feb 22
civilserva:
Has he become overnight authority in economic matters? Let he remain as Buhari attack dog.
No serious leaves it currency entirely to the dictates of the market forces to influence as it pleases.

This is the reason USd & GBP currency symbol is not available on binance

Go search and find out.
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by stagger: 2:07pm On Feb 22
History555:
I concur. Stop this floating stuff immediately

How?
The managed float system previously used requires the CBN to defend the currency by selling dollars.

Where is the dollars? Emefiele took a loan from two investment banks and used 70% of Nigeria's foreign reserves as collateral. Even the recent loan taken from an international finance institution used the entire crude proceeds for a year as collateral.

So where will CBN get dollars to go back to the managed float system?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by Lifemanage: 2:07pm On Feb 22
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by 12345baba(m): 2:09pm On Feb 22
Hahahahaha. Sapa done reach sagay side. We in the mountains of kuje are enjoying natural things.
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by Johnjustice: 2:09pm On Feb 22
I wonder why the president is not listening to sound advice
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:09pm On Feb 22
Frigga13:
Anything that will work .. is welcomed

Asiwaju must listen to proven advice... not those talking and ranting for foolishness sake

Nigeria must get right ..

Just look at yourself and ask yourself if you are ok?

1 Like

Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by OnionBandit(f): 2:10pm On Feb 22
Ogiame:
This one wey keep lips like crร se woman pussy should not disturb Tinubu with his unsolicited advice....

Prior to the General elections, he was everywhere singing the praises of Tinubu and his wife (Itsekiri connection) just to get juicy appointment...

I read in one of the national dailies where he was so confidently saying that Tinubu's emergence will see an overall turnaround in the nation's economy.

May God forbid Hoebi presidency

Here is the SAN giving unsolicited advice.
The level of Una emptiness dey out of this world. You and your people just talk without thinking. One direction hypocrites..

So because he supported Tinubu during elections, he should not advise him when necessary? I am sure if Peter Hoebi had won, nobody dare speak against his policies. You pple will roast them alive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by advanceDNA: 2:10pm On Feb 22
skj1377:
The idea of floating the Naira is wrong. Gov should determine the value of the Naira to dollar based on their strategic national interests. Floating the Naira makes it permanently unstable.

When u over-borrow and u want to still borrow more....u won't have choice than to dance to the tune of the lender(IMF)

The werey needs to return some of money we borrowed so he can still borrow more....

......but embezzlement will not let them be able to use one stone(i.e..oil revenue) to kill two birds (i.e peg the currency and pay back the IMF)

1 Like

Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by Haaland21: 2:12pm On Feb 22
Xscape1993:
What does the drug master knows about economy and Naira floating? The politicians are the main problem of the Naira. What a big pity!!!

The drug tribe are well known all over the world...The so called drug master wasnt caught with drugs unlike the zombie Chinedu who was caught and his families wanted to bribe the police with 4 million naira cash.
shameless people....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by RepoMan007: 2:12pm On Feb 22
I disagree. Subsidizing forex and petrol is wasteful and drains one region.

Instead buy food and sell to Nigerian with only marginal profit. That should push prices of food down and buy govt more time to implement food based projects locally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by Brushstrokes20: 2:13pm On Feb 22
... Unfortunately, eBOLA is deaf and dumb! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ
#the shyyythole from fry pan to FIRE ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅโœ…โœ…
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by fuck419: 2:13pm On Feb 22
prinsam30:
Ebi N Pa Wa ooo

Speak for yourself. Many people are cashing out in all of this problem.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by Ogiame: 2:14pm On Feb 22
OnionBandit:
The level of Una emptiness dey out of this world. You and your people just talk without thinking. One direction hypocrites..

So because he supported Tinubu during elections, he should not advise him when necessary? I am sure it Peter Hoebi had won, nobody dare speak against his policies. You pple will roast them alive
Are you done?
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by yinkeys(m): 2:14pm On Feb 22
Damage done already
Late
When they were sharing dollars in election primaries they didnโ€™t know Nigerians would follow suit

1 Like

Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by Bluearrow: 2:16pm On Feb 22
casualobserver:
Tinubu needs to sustain the Naira float, it will settle where it settles. He should remove subsidy. All these people panicking because there is difficulty only show why successive governments have led to this point. They donโ€™t have the balls to do the right thing. What kind of person is advocating g a return of subsidies either Forex or petrol?

You cannot change your life without pain. If it costs him his second term so be it but he needs to sustain the reforms.
Your analogy doesn't apply to Nigeria situation. It is impossible for our weightless & unhealthy naira to withstand the dollar without support! The economy is zero, the nation has lots of debts & all these years of corruption and funds mismanagement effects are gradually coming up. It is either the govt stop the floating by paying to defend the naira or it's going to be very disastrous, because the depreciation is not going to stop!

Mind u, if the govt wants to start defending the naira, he is going to start from the current exchange value, same way they have started paying fuel subsidy at 700 naira, something they removed at 195 naira. The earlier he starts paying to defend the naira, the better! All these chasing of bdc are never going to solve anything.

1 Like

Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by JuanDeDios: 2:18pm On Feb 22
Frigga13:
Anything that will work .. is welcomed

Asiwaju must listen to proven advice... not those talking and ranting for foolishness sake

Nigeria must get right ..
And what does Sagay know about the economy?
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by HopeGying: 2:18pm On Feb 22
In what country? It's like you're living in Mars. grin grin The drug lord and his gang are the economic saboteurs.

Image123:
Lol. It's like telling the pilot that you're no longer going when the plane don take off.
Let's see the first to blink is the best move. FG should make sure that they follow the fall bumper to bumper with the parallel market.
It is been said earlier and i think i also read it/heard it elsewhere. Proper monitoring of banks and BDCs is key. Monitor EVERY transaction like a hawk, let there be transparency. Use cameras. Who is transferring and collecting what and for what purpose and to where. These must be clear to have headway. The government MUST mandate 247 videos of transactions at the banks and BDCs.
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by Electrochemistry(m): 2:19pm On Feb 22
advanceDNA:
Baba will not listen....becos he needs to obey the IMF who wants a significant portion of their money back....
....and baba needs to steal more money which at this point, he can only get by borrowing from the IMF since he has crippled internal sources of revenue with virtually all companies posting losses....

But wait oooo.....what will happen if we don't return IMF's money?? grin grin grin .can't we just return their money in in 2099...instead of using virtually all our oil generated revenue to be servicing loans and embezzling....

Will they seize Nigeria and arrest all of us??

They want to borrow more, that's why.
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by JuanDeDios: 2:20pm On Feb 22
skj1377:
Just like Abacha determined it at N22 - so that people with connections will continue to cash out through round tripping. Una well done.
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by advanceDNA: 2:22pm On Feb 22
casualobserver:
Tinubu needs to sustain the Naira float, it will settle where it settles. He should remove subsidy. .

It will never settle....

over corruption/embezzlement will never let it settle.....

U pple have not stopped to wonder how obansanjo did what these government is complaining they can't do now.....

Obasanjo cleared out debts..grew foreign reserve, and still maintained the subsidy on the currency and other crude oil products....
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by Confirm4real(m): 2:22pm On Feb 22
Tinubu think Nigeria is Lagos that he boasted he built...

Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by JuanDeDios: 2:23pm On Feb 22
Bluearrow:

Governors should determine the value of a nation currency?? What did I just read?
Yes. Ala Abacha determining it at N22 while arbitrage makes a few billionaires are our collective expense. Armchair economists ti take over. grin
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by Melagros(m): 2:23pm On Feb 22
COMRADES Tinubu is a goner
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by advanceDNA: 2:24pm On Feb 22
Electrochemistry:

They want to borrow more, that's why.

That's what I said naa......they have crippled the companies that will give them revenue and have no novel plans to generate more IGR .

....all their hope to do any projects and steal is to borrow more from the IMF.....

1 Like

Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by JuanDeDios: 2:25pm On Feb 22
stagger:

How?
The managed float system previously used requires the CBN to defend the currency by selling dollars.

Where is the dollars? Emefiele took a loan from two investment banks and used 70% of Nigeria's foreign reserves as collateral. Even the recent loan taken from an international finance institution used the entire crude proceeds for a year as collateral.

So where will CBN get dollars to go back to the managed float system?
I think the problem is people think floating is why the naira is falling. As long as the CBN makes no effort to correct this misconception, these cacophony of advice will continue to come in. I'm sure Catholic Bishops or Northern Imams will ask Tinubu to reverse floating tomorrow.
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by JuanDeDios: 2:26pm On Feb 22
VeeVeeMyLuv:

No serious leaves it currency entirely to the dictates of the market forces to influence as it pleases.

This is the reason USd & GBP currency symbol is not available on binance

Go search and find out.
The currency of every serious country floats. Go and find out.
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by JuanDeDios: 2:26pm On Feb 22
Johnjustice:
I wonder why the president is not listening to sound advice
Because it's not sound at all.
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by JuanDeDios: 2:28pm On Feb 22
RepoMan007:
I disagree. Subsidizing forex and petrol is wasteful and drains one region.

Instead buy food and sell to Nigerian with only marginal profit. That should push prices of food down and buy govt more time to implement food based projects locally.
Tell the CBN to educate the public on the matter. As long as people think (wrongly) that floating is what dropped the naira, this "advices" will continue.
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by Spidermon: 2:28pm On Feb 22
In as much as japa pressure is consistent, politicians pressure with stolen funds is consistent, medical and educational tourism pressure is consistent amongst other things, the value of the naira will continue to drop until majority can only afford food and nothing else.

At that point and at this rate of the decline, the naira will balance at about 100,000 naira to a dollar.
Re: Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu by Fkmodhi: 2:31pm On Feb 22
Stop wetin Abi ogun wan kee this thief sagay ni?
Me wey dey expect $3600 from my babyโ€ฆ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Election Tribunal Judgement: Peter Obi Reacts To Supreme Court's Ruling / Edo/ondo: INEC Petitions NBA Over Conflicting Orders By Courts / LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.