Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket (3519 Views)

Ebonyi 2023: Police Arrest 2 APC Aspirants For Allegedly Refusing To Step Down / Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP / PDP Disqualifies Four Aspirants From Bayelsa Senatorial Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by Orabi(m): 3:44pm On Feb 22
The race for the New Nigeria People's Party (NNPP) ticket ahead of the Edo state 2024 gubernatorial election has begun, with four aspirants seeking the party's endorsement.

NNPP commenced its screening process on it's four aspirants, Pastor Azemhe Azena, Balogun Engeleyeme, Rev. Sebastian Iyere, and Peter Okoeguale,

Chairman of the screening committee, Abdulrahman Abubakar, while addressing journalists during the screening in Abuja, noted that the aspirants will require 11 million each for the Expression of Interest and Nomination of Form.

He emphasized the party's interest in producing the next governor of Edo State and bringing the exemplary governance witnessed in Kano State to their region.

Abubakar said: “We are here to screen the party aspirants on the expression of interest from the academic records credentials, the National Youth Service where possible, where applicable and where not applicable, the exemption certificate records.

“The party membership and voters card, their passport photographs, if you have a waiver, your membership dues payment and any other additional information, that is the checklist. We're here to require.

“We will be very much interested in whoever becomes our candidate. Our interest is that we should produce by the grace of God the next governor of Edo state.

“And the kind of governance example we are learning in Kano state will also move to Edo state by the end of this year."

One of the aspirant, Pastor Azemhe Azena, who serves as the Pastor in Charge of the Omega Fire Ministries in the Southern Region of Benin City, spoke confidently about his qualifications and close ties to Edo State.

He highlighted his presence in the community and his previous experiences in handling security matters within the state.

Another aspirant, Engr, Sebastian Iyere, expressed his belief in the screening process and the competence of the NNPP officials overseeing it.

He acknowledged the desire for a candidate from Edo Central to emerge as the next governor, citing the zoning arrangement.

Iyere said: “The screening is ongoing. I am sure there are competent people that the NNPP has provided to conduct the screening and I am sure that their goals and purposes would be achieved.”

He added, “There is indeed agitation for an Edo state central to produce the next governor. Fortunately for me, I am from Edo central, So, going by the zoning I would say I do not have a problem. But the NNPP as a party has their own mode of doing things, now it is left for the NNPP to make that ultimate choice.

“I'm here, driven by passion, driven by Sincerity, honesty and openness. I am here to turn Edo states into the industrial hub of West Africa.”

As the NNPP continues its screening and the aspirants campaign for the party's ticket, Edo State residents eagerly await the outcome and future leadership of their state.
https://dailytrust.com/nnpp-screens-4-govship-aspirants-for-edo/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by Umueme: 6:41pm On Feb 22
Nice one. Didn't know NNPP existed outside Kano. They need to become relevant, just like LP. PDP is almost gone, and we can't let Nigeria become a one party state with an evil political party like APC at the helm of affairs. We'd become communist China with the population and without the economic and technological advancement.

#MyOpinion

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by Tboymessiah(m): 6:41pm On Feb 22
Another journey of no return loading
Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by T2Justman(m): 6:42pm On Feb 22
NNPP is going nowhere in Edo.

The battle is between PDP n APC.

I pray PDP wins

5 Likes

Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by Forest122: 6:42pm On Feb 22
Good, but up APC

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by Wicoilham(m): 6:42pm On Feb 22
APC
Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by Sharon805010: 6:43pm On Feb 22
the battle is btw pdp and apc

2 Likes

Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by buharibanjo(m): 6:43pm On Feb 22
Who the red cap go fit

3 Likes

Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by TruthsFM: 6:43pm On Feb 22
Na mushroom party be this in Edo State politics.

2 Likes

Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by Omenlon: 6:46pm On Feb 22
Sometimes you wonder which babalawo dey give these people mind say dem go fit win an election wen dey are not even known by their street people.

2 Likes

Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by callmevirus(m): 6:57pm On Feb 22
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by Franklyspeakin: 7:04pm On Feb 22
Jokers
Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by Franklyspeakin: 7:05pm On Feb 22
Nnpp starts and ends in kano. Considering the south is a major joke. Men one chop campaign money

2 Likes

Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by Lanre1st(m): 7:23pm On Feb 22
Wasting of money

Why will someone think of contesting from party that can win a ward

2 Likes

Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:29pm On Feb 22
Thieves!

Where Pastor Azena wan see 11milla dash una?

2 Likes

Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by PHAYOL81: 8:41pm On Feb 22
The also-run party. Let's see if they can spring any surprise this time round.
Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by Zetty177x: 8:52pm On Feb 22
Forest122:
Good, but up APC

Una too like suffer for this country

1 Like

Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by opera1(m): 9:22pm On Feb 22
This is like Super Eagle going for world cup, we kno the outcome already.
Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by HRMK: 11:48pm On Feb 22
WASTED EFFORTS! EDO IS NOT KANO! KWAKWANSO AND NNPP ARE ONLY POPULAR IN KANO!!
Re: NNPP Screen Four Aspirants For Edo Governor Ticket by terrence12(m): 12:18pm On Feb 23
Lanre1st:
Wasting of money

Why will someone think of contesting from party that can win a ward

Two party systems are a big failure my friend.

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? / Gani's Family Releases Ribadu's Visit Photos / Bill Gates Foundation Trains 120 Ondo Farmers On Cassava Processing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.