Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Ramadan 101 Class 1 - Understanding Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan 101 Class 1 - Understanding Ramadan (2338 Views)

Ramadan 101: What To Say Before Iftar? / Ramadan 101 Class 3 - When Is Ramadan And Suggested Routine For Ramadan? / Ramadan 101 Class 2 - What Invalidates Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan 101 Class 1 - Understanding Ramadan by Lukgaf(m): 6:45am On Feb 23
Assalamu alaykum dear brothers and sisters,

Ramadan is fast approaching! InShaAllah, we will be having a short course - "Ramadan 101," every week till the end of Ramadan to help you prepare for the upcoming month of fasting, reflection, and spiritual growth.

In this short course, we will explore the significance of Ramadan, its pillars, benefits of fasting, historical background, virtues, and practical tips for preparation. Each session will be filled with valuable insights, reflections, and opportunities for discussion.

Whether you're new to Ramadan or seeking to deepen your understanding, "Ramadan 101" is tailored to meet your needs and enrich your Ramadan experience.

Let's make this Ramadan our best one yet!

Ramadan Mubarak in advance!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ramadan 101 Class 1 - Understanding Ramadan by Lukgaf(m): 6:49am On Feb 23
Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Quran, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadan i.e. is present at his home), he must observe Sawm (fasts) that month, and whoever is ill or on a journey, the same number [of days which one did not observe Sawm (fasts) must be made up] from other days. Allah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you. (He wants that you) must complete the same number (of days), and that you must magnify Allah [i.e. to say Takbeer (Allahu Akbar: Allah is the Most Great)] for having guided you so that you may be grateful to Him.”

[al-Baqarah 2:185]

This blessed month is a great opportunity for goodness, barakah (blessing), worship and obedience towards Allah.

It is a great month, a noble season, a month in which hasanaat (rewards for good deeds) are multiplied and in which committing sayi’aat (bad deeds) is more serious than at other times. The gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are shut, and the sinners’ repentance to Allah is accepted.

In essence, in Ramadan, we uphold the five pillars of Islam with renewed dedication: we fast, pray, recite the Quran, give charity, and reflect.

Fasting during Ramadan offers a multitude of benefits, enriching us spiritually, physically, and mentally. As we abstain from food and drink, we nourish our souls, cleanse our bodies, and strengthen our minds.

Ramadan holds profound historical significance, marking the revelation of the Quran to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

The virtues of Ramadan are manifold, as emphasized in the hadiths and teachings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). As we anticipate the arrival of Ramadan, let us set intentions and goals to make the most of this sacred time.

May our preparations be filled with sincerity, reflection, and anticipation for the blessings ahead.

4 Likes

Re: Ramadan 101 Class 1 - Understanding Ramadan by kareemkamil(m): 9:44am On Feb 23
May Almighty Allah make it easy for every Muslim's

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan 101 Class 1 - Understanding Ramadan by Demzyl(m): 10:14am On Feb 23
Allahumo Ameen, may Allah accept our supplication towards the Ramadan

Ameen

1 Like

Re: Ramadan 101 Class 1 - Understanding Ramadan by Sirseedorf(m): 10:19am On Feb 23
Alhamdulilah for gift Allah bestow on me and my family, I seek Allah's guidance during Ramadan month, Allah will answer prayers and may his blessings never depart us, Amin.

Jumat Mubarak

1 Like

Re: Ramadan 101 Class 1 - Understanding Ramadan by doffman: 10:38am On Feb 23
Jazakallah Khairan .

Ramadan is a blessing .

I remember last year during Ramadan , I asked Allah to answer one of my special prayer before the new Ramadan, And Allah answer it to the peak for me ; he even answered it to the the good peak I did not even expected . Alhamdulillah. Surely Allah is generous .

Ramadan is a blessing for every success you want either for this world or hereafter .
Use Every Ramadan to seek Allah mercy . A golden opportunity for every Muslims we should never play with.

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan 101 Class 1 - Understanding Ramadan by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:03pm On Feb 23
Ramadan is a plagiarism of the fasting carried out by Jesus for forty days and nights in the wilderness

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Islam And Changing Times? / Izala Group Pays Sheikh Zakzaky A Visit / Why are mulsim countries intolerant of other religions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.