Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu (17502 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) / Peter Obi & Soludo Hug Each Other After Soludo Criticized Him Publicly (Photos) / How Nigeria Succeeded In Clipping Twitter's Wings - BBC News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by chidiokay: 12:26pm On Feb 23
phorget:

But someone just declared that he started the civil war so why blaming Ojukwu?
Biafra were basically on the defensive side while Nigeria troops were on the offensive so what part of Nigeria soil did Biafra attacked?

IF you don't know, kindly refer to history on google, forget what your parent told you

Ojukwu led soldiers in an attempts to cease Lagos they were repelled along benin-ore, that was the last mistake they made

OBJ the IGBOs appraise so much today was one of the major brains that ended Biafra cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by afube: 12:27pm On Feb 23
Sctests:
So now we agree that Gowon started the civil war. Not Ojukwu. He finally came clean..

Anyway, the population of his tribe has continue to reduce with mass fulani killings, while those he sought to extinguish keep growing in leaps and bounds.

That's his penance and recompense.

Nemesis and karma are twin bitches! God has not even activated psalm 83 yet............the co-conspirators of the civil war are already sweating blood! Una go rue the day you touched Yah's chosen! How far Russia and Ukraine that sold mig 21 fighter jets to Nigeria, How far Yugoslavia that flew the migs, How far Benue and plateau and Borno that provided the bulk of foot soldiers.............ee remain Great Britain that instigated the 1966 coup and sustained the civil war after destroying the Aburi accord, their dance of shame is about to start! Every one should watch the UKRAINE WAR with rapt attention.................the key to the chains of bondage of the Lord's elect is embedded in that conflict!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Donedeal1(m): 12:28pm On Feb 23
See derailments, the subject matter is the comparison with the past and the current situations. But some have turn it to tribal wars

What our former hos said was that during his tenure many did not believed in him that he had the capacity to win the war within a good time, but such people were disappointed at the end.
So the lesson is that such distractions may be disappointed likewise even now.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Myself2(m): 12:28pm On Feb 23
Taaaaa Gowon, who told you that you succeeded ? You failed woefully.
You laid the foundation for the problems Nigeria is battling with today

2 Likes

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by mabea: 12:29pm On Feb 23
I guess your only achievement in office was the civil war

1 Like

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Questionnaires(m): 12:34pm On Feb 23
phorget:

Biafra were basically on the defensive side while Nigeria troops were on the offensive so what part of Nigeria soil did Biafra attacked?

I Am ODUDUWA,

And I Support You On This Matter.

The NEWS Here Already Stated That Gowon Announced That He Started The CIVIL WAR.

So, Ojukwu Had Always Been On The Defensive Side All These While ?

Omo, I Fear Political Journalism in Nigeria oooo. We've been fed lies all these while.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Sctests: 12:34pm On Feb 23
chidiokay:

IF you don't know, kindly refer to history on google, forget what your parent told you

Ojukwu led soldiers in an attempts to cease Lagos they were repelled along benin-ore, that was the last mistake they made

OBJ the IGBOs appraise so much today was one of the major brains that ended Biafra cheesy

Agbado man with a fake Igbo name. Na die you dey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Inosky: 12:36pm On Feb 23
Bl00D-thirsty man, you achieved nothing! is Nigerians together now? Is it not your people Fulan.i.s are ran-sacking and they're also crying foul they can't feed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by paskal16: 12:37pm On Feb 23
How is that same
Gowon the retard dey amaze me

1 Like

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by jogojogo: 12:40pm On Feb 23
[quote author=Sctests post=128601176]So now we agree that Gowon started the civil war. Not Ojukwu. He finally came clean..

Anyway, the population of his tribe has continue to reduce with mass fulani killings, while those he sought to extinguish keep growing in leaps and bounds.

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by jogojogo: 12:41pm On Feb 23
phorget:

Please point out where you get this from the statement from Gowon

1 Like

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by LordBillionz: 12:42pm On Feb 23
Racoon:
Imagine what Gowon is still saying after more than 54 years of the failed nationhood and despite that his people are on the receiving end of same misgivings today? Such senility.
The war in his mind is his glory...

1 Like

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by colonelwealth(m): 12:42pm On Feb 23
nairalandankrah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jJiQHJhbpU?si=eF3-nwKq4Gx-xd3_

https://saharareporters.com/2024/02/22/dont-worry-about-criticisms-nigerians-it-happened-me-when-i-started-civil-war-and-i

Very insensitive and rubbish statement to make at this time from a supposed elder statesman.

He is always silent in the face of annihilation against his Jos people but always active to rush to Aso Rock to collect envelopes in order to sing their praise.

Some people should be wiser at that old age.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by jogojogo: 12:43pm On Feb 23
Christian36:
You mean same way you and your family will be w*pd out. You are even lucky that England supported you guys, if not you won't come here to say rubbish
Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by jogojogo: 12:44pm On Feb 23
LordBillionz:

The war in his mind is his glory...
Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Walexx6691(m): 12:44pm On Feb 23
At least, if I remembered, I was told that I was too slow, fighting the war and that probably Nigeria would not make it and that we should seek for discussion. Well, did we do it or not? They probably did not know the problem there on the ground there..... this word alone has finish everything people are saying...

God bless Nigeria
God bless mr President
God bless everynody...

1 Like

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by jice(m): 12:45pm On Feb 23
Gowon mentioning the Biafra war after 54 years of attempts to cool down nerves shows that wisdom is not by age.

God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by jogojogo: 12:48pm On Feb 23
[quote author=LordBillionz post=128605741]
Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Metrofox(m): 1:01pm On Feb 23
cheesy succeeded in doing what ? This Dummy claimed Nigeria has so much money that they didn't know what to do with it at the time. No vision, just dey run up and down.. go to Dubai and learn leadership. Fulani herdsmen playing basketball with your peoples heads in Jo's, hunger, zero infrastructure everywhere, what did you succeed in doing again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Harmless1b(m): 1:07pm On Feb 23
So true true old she really affects brain...smh

1 Like

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by oyebanji(m): 1:08pm On Feb 23
You cannot rewrite history...
Gowon did not start the war and he never said he did.

Sctests:
So now we agree that Gowon started the civil war. Not Ojukwu. He finally came clean..

2 Likes

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Menclothing: 1:13pm On Feb 23
Nigeria 🇳🇬
Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Princedapace(m): 1:14pm On Feb 23
GeneralPula:

Civil war didn’t start until the demented Ojukwukwu declared Biafra and attacked Nigeria soil!
At the end, Nigeria does not even have electricity, pensioners are suffering and paid small money, citizens die of heart issue becus of poor medical facilities. The winners of One nigeria are the politicians and their families and maybe their ass lickers, the losers, the masses, the Nigerian people.
I had some security people help me do something last year, and I dropped them off. I saw they were not happy with life and one said his dad fought in the way to keep Nigeria one. I asked him, is he now happy with how Nigeria turned out? He said no, that even his dad died poor grin And he is most likely going to also die a poor man whose wife rich guys go fv$ck her to to wella. I dey eye that his wife shaaa grin
One Nigeria, yet citizens dey dig bore hole to get water and generator wnts to finish our ears grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Cunninglove: 1:14pm On Feb 23
Racoon:
Imagine what Gowon is still saying after more than 54 years of the failed nationhood and despite that his people are on the receiving end of same misgivings today? Such senility.

Those people are subhumans.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Jemex003: 1:16pm On Feb 23
Seefinish:
but unfortunately he did not happen and these people are the most richest tribe in Nigeria.
God bless the igbos

For Your Mind abi
Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by chidiokay: 1:16pm On Feb 23
Sctests:

Agbado man with a fake Igbo name. Na die you dey.

Now you know how it feels to buy Fake products from omo igbo tongue cheesy fakes drugs kill ya there
Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Nanalucky: 1:17pm On Feb 23
He said it all...he started it....pls the this date should be saved in Google.....for how many years,he just told the whole world the truth...

1 Like

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by CommonSense1967: 1:20pm On Feb 23
Gowon will forever be seen as a true leader in Nigerian history.
Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Peniel4pre: 1:21pm On Feb 23
This is a very useless statement for an old senile elder statesman...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Incredible128: 1:21pm On Feb 23
Left to me, the civil war should be a shameful part of Nigerian history and should never be brought up; him comparing the civil war to tinubus present woeful economic performance is shameful of him, he is a shameless person and in a civilised clime, would have being forced to apologize and held accountable for the atrocities his soldiers committed on innocent civilians; so he still sees the civil war as a victory for the country? when the country is yet to learn from it's mistakes and is moving towards a more bloodier one if care is not taken

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by Incredible128: 1:22pm On Feb 23
Left to me, the civil war should be a shameful part of Nigerian history and should never be brought up by any political figure whether past or present talkless of him who perpetrated it; him comparing the civil war to tinubu's present woeful economic performance is shameful of him, he is a shameless person and in a civilised clime, would have been forced to apologize and held accountable for the atrocities his soldiers committed on innocent civilians; so he still sees the civil war as a victory for the country? when the country is yet to learn from it's mistakes and is moving towards a more bloodier one if care is not taken

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu by phorget(m): 1:29pm On Feb 23
chidiokay:

Seems you are a kid or an uneducated adult with your reasonings but I will gladly educate you regarding the act of war.
If there's war I can tell you that the major things that would be targeted includes your basic infrastructures such as refineries, airports,seaports, major hospitals, federal capital territories etc, During the civil war Lagos state was the capital and the state houses major Nigeria infrastructure so do you expect Ojukwu to face Oshogbo or Ekiti where there's no presence of infrastructures?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway / Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report / SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.