Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

I Have Never Been To An Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have Never Been To An Airport (16261 Views)

S.AFRICA TRAIN STATION: Why Does It Look Like An Airport? ( Pics) / Driving My Private Car On An Airport Runway / The Man Who Was Stuck In An Airport For 18 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by hardon1(m): 11:24am On Feb 23
Not only you o, I have never been to one , let alone entering an airplane. And am 40 grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Joy2dworldxyz: 11:26am On Feb 23
Who way visiting an airport helped?

Me that have been to the airport for uncountable times (but have never flew am airplane) how did it help me?

Oga abeg you are not alone on this, there are millions of Nigerians who have no biz in the airport.

But it looks like u will be fulfilling when u visit one, so abeg, try to do so b4 this year is over.
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Basic123: 11:26am On Feb 23
immortalcrown:
The airport setting is somehow similar to that of a good (not Naija standard) train station. What you will find so special is flying if you are to board a flight.

In my JSS1, my school took me and my schoolmates on an excursion to an airport. We were not allowed to enter an airplane because of 911 attack. But years later, I travelled by air.

The first flight I boarded was a local one. No family member or friend to guide me. I didn't know how and where to go when I entered the airport. I saw departure (entrance) and took the route. I got to a scanning point and was searched and scanned. I asked a random worker on uniform a question and he pointed to the ticketing stand of the company I was to use. The rest was easy to detect and follow until boarding time. I saw my seat number on my ticket but didn't know how to locate the seat when I entered the plane. I didn't see number on any seat. I didn't know that the seat numbers are on the roof (should I call it ceiling?), not on the seats. I asked an air hostess who gave me a strange look before directing me to check the roof part above the seats. My first experience of turbulence (galloping in air 😀) scared me. That was it. After then, I have travelled by air to 3 countries without difficulties in navigating through airports.
Mobolaji Johnson Station in ebutte meta,marina Station for Blue rail line in marina and Ikeja red line station can pass for airport in another country.

You don't have to ridicule your country to sound pseudo-intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Drone95(m): 11:27am On Feb 23
Seunpapa65:
There's nothing to be ashamed look at me I used to feel the same way but now I have visited over 50 countries although it was in the dream 🤣😂😂
wake up from the dream!bomboclat! grin
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Agunesinjaweola: 11:28am On Feb 23
TheTravelingOne:
First learn spelling and grammar before you worry about an airport.
Correction: I have never BEEN to an airport

You have bigger problems sis, focus on that first
This is one of the inferiority syndrome plaguing Black race.
Imagine a Nigerian observing a fellow being NOT able to write English well.

What is a problem in not able to speak a foreign language well

You're actually with a complex inferiority problem because nobody noticed that.
Imagine if you heard an English Man joking "E bi N Pa Mi" in LAGOS, you'll clapped and amazed Oyinbo man is speaking Yoruba but you can despised your brother for not speaking English like William Shakespeare of England.
Most of the rural English people cannot write English but speaks fluently, does that makes them having problems

You should be ashamed of yourself and reflect on your insecure mentality.

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Cunninglove: 11:31am On Feb 23
DenreleDave:
Same. Here man

Lol POVERTY.
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Anguldi(m): 11:32am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:
I am in my late twenties. It seems strange that I have never visited an airport. Sometimes i feel ashamed and never talk about it with anybody.

I don't know if it's due to too much responsibilities on me. Who is in the same boat with me? How do you cope when people talk about visiting an airport? Do you pretend as if u have visited an airport? Do you say the truth and let people mock you?
Nothing special, don't stress yourself. You know Kee person.
Some of the private jets aren't shining and look obsolete. You will see signs of body work and patch.

Use YouTube and watch obonge planes

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Treasure17(m): 11:34am On Feb 23
I don't see why you should be unnecessarily worked up because you've not been to the airport before. I mean this shouldn't be a yardstick to your happiness.
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Greenfaces: 11:40am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:
I am in my late twenties. It seems strange that I have never visited an airport. Sometimes i feel ashamed and never talk about it with anybody.

I don't know if it's due to too much responsibilities on me. Who is in the same boat with me? How do you cope when people talk about visiting an airport? Do you pretend as if u have visited an airport? Do you say the truth and let people mock you?
go there to ask for price to lagos. Then go back home
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Deepthoughts: 11:40am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:

what is special about visiting an airport?, everyone can't visit everywhere,there are people who have visited hydro power dams,paper producing mills, refineries, fertilizer production planets etc but hasn't been to an airport,are they in anyway inferior to anyone because they have not been to an airport?,some of you have very weak opinions n find it difficult to tell off rubbish firmly.
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by showbiz4all27(m): 11:48am On Feb 23
There'll always be a first time guy, my first experience was local flight to the East though paid for by the company that offered me contract.

If you want a better view of plane landing and takeoff, get your way to Ikeja along and climb the everest shocked pedestrian bridge to the top grin boom you feed your eyes to the fullest cheesy
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by gosmoney(m): 11:50am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:

if u have not been there means u don't have business dat will take u there yet so why being ashame to say u have not been there before
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Vijuchoco(f): 11:50am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:

Lol..
There was a time I felt that way too..
One day I jokingly mentioned it to my brother in South Africa then and like play like play, he said I should apply for my annual leave at work and prepare to visit him in Cape Town..
In less than 2 months, we were done with the process and I was given a visa.
Being my first time on a plane, I wouldn't say I embarrassed myself but a regular flier would know it was my first time. God so kind, I was sitting close to one naija man that assisted me with setting the sit to sleep, how to use my screen and some other things. He even assisted me at Joburg airport because I still had to take a local flight to Cape Town..
Using the restroom sef was kinda scary for me, I tried to avoid it but my bladder failed me grin
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Dyfynezz12(m): 11:54am On Feb 23
pansophist:
I have met lots of Europeans who haven't left their country, and those who have, left by bus, since the EU is so logistically integrated. They haven't been to an airport.

You don't need to feel ashamed. Don't qualify your self-worth with things like that. And if anybody looks down on you because you haven't been to an airport, then the person is an idiot.
Nobody is looking down on him.
He is the one looking down on himself
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Tealcrestmedia(m): 12:00pm On Feb 23
Nothing special... Just places and check ins. When it will start, you will even get tired of flying.
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Britishpea: 12:02pm On Feb 23
Lol theee are so many whites who haven’t been to the airports.
Many haven’t flown a plane.

Not a big deal so far you have no reason to be there yet. When the time is right you will.

The first time I ever visited an airport was after I graduated. Got a job to supervise a runway construction .

Second time was when I went to France. And this is after 6 years I had left the job aforementioned job.

Third was China.

I don try since then. Life no get late comer abeg.
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by godwon01(m): 12:03pm On Feb 23
You don't need to if you don't have business there, otherwise you will be embarrass by our security agents.
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by hosemujica: 12:05pm On Feb 23
Not a big deal bro. When the time comes you will not only visit, you will fly executive class .
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by theamazonguru(m): 12:09pm On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:

Being to or using the airport is never and will never be a metric to measure any one's worth.
Your worth is measured only by your personal development and valuable achievement.

My younger brother boarded an airplane before me.
5 years later I got a job in a consulting firm and was working with a multinational on a project.
In one single year, I flew about 40 times if not more. All paid for by the firm.

It meant so much to me at that time so I kept all the boarding passes. But when it became my new normal, I threw them all away.

Work on yourself bro.
Keep improving.

By the time you will start traveling using airplane, you won't even remember when u had not used the airplane or visited the airport again.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Seunpapa65: 12:12pm On Feb 23
Drone95:
wake up from the dream!bomboclat! grin
My guy no do pass yourself due to Tinubu government dey no dey give food for dream again abi u never noticed am 🤣😂😂
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Bankowner: 12:12pm On Feb 23
What stops you from going to one for sightseeing?
You don't have to be a traveler or flyer to visit an airport.
The only thing is you may not be able to access the departure/arrival area.
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by zeedof(m): 12:13pm On Feb 23
My first airport visit, I fly to Heathrow
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by ThothHermes: 12:21pm On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:
i am in PH.
Where in PH? Take bolt and drive to the airport and back if it bothers you that much.
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Roger3D(m): 12:34pm On Feb 23
superintendents:
better go to airport now, and see plane for yourself.

angry
Rubbish
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Mrhonesty: 12:42pm On Feb 23
Nothing to be ashamed about being to the Airport. There were those whose parents started flying from the womb who are today struggling to buy flight tickets. Look around you in Nigeria and see the children of bicycle riders buying private jets. Work on yourself, believe in yourself even in the midst of contrary evidences. One go be one day. Comedian AGUDA (I GO DIE) used to track through Edjeba to DBS Edjeba. Also taking bikes but his BBC contract changed every thing.
I always see him those days. Also remember he bought LIMOUSINE back to Nigeria when he visited.
Believe God but don't be in haste, greedy and cruel.
I come in peace!

quote author=DiamondJLove post=128602144] lol,i just feel ashamed whenever the topic arises[/quote]
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Beelisam: 1:01pm On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:

Bros we are many oooo...I'm in my late 30s and I've never been to one not to talk of seen a plane in a close proximity.
But I trust God that some day I will not only see it but board one.
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Juju70(m): 1:04pm On Feb 23
Tell a friend who has a car to take you for an airport ride!
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Glosam5683(m): 1:10pm On Feb 23
i never being to an airport not until i was 30, i did not have the privilege to go to a schl, where we can go for an excursion.
there is strange experience, don't be ashamed to talk about it, once a matter comes up keep quiet.
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Quebec91(m): 1:18pm On Feb 23
I don't see any reason you should be ashamed of not been to an airport . Tell me why would you go there if you have no purpose or reason to be there. You not like our naija oloshos living fake life going to places for pictures taking just to deceive their online gullibles
DiamondJLove:

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Judd007: 1:22pm On Feb 23
What are you going to the airport to do?
If you don’t have any business with the airport for now, why bother.
Who tie wrapper, no de put hand for pocket ooo
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by G00dharddick: 1:34pm On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:
this is encouraging,thank you

How was that jargon he said encouraging? Is Nigeria Europe? Abi is Nigeria as developed as Europe?

Oga go to an airport and see planes for yourself. Go there, walk around and snap pictures. E no hard! Don't let that motivational quotes from that 🤡 get into your head
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by able20(m): 1:36pm On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:

I don't know if it's due to too much responsibilities for me. Who is in the same boat with me? How do you cope when people talk about visiting an airport? Do you pretend as if u have visited an airport? Do you tell the truth and let people mock you?
If visiting an Airport and watching aircraft is your goal, then your goals are very easy to accomplish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Announces Traffic Diversion Along Marina / 50% Of Nigerians Seeking Asylum In Belgium Are From Edo, Lagos’ / My Trip To US West Coast . Arizona, Las Vegas And California (pics, Vids)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.