Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,983 members, 7,810,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

I Have Never Been To An Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have Never Been To An Airport (16241 Views)

S.AFRICA TRAIN STATION: Why Does It Look Like An Airport? ( Pics) / Driving My Private Car On An Airport Runway / The Man Who Was Stuck In An Airport For 18 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by CommonSense1967: 10:46am On Feb 23
What is strange about that?
There are many citizens of many nations around the world who have no passports and have never even been on a plane. Nothing strange about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Olatundex22(m): 10:46am On Feb 23
🤔
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Fadddd(m): 10:46am On Feb 23
Doesn't mean you are in anyway behind

2 Likes

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by holluwai(m): 10:47am On Feb 23
Your time will come besides when you start and you have connecting flights, you go taya.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by TheTravelingOne(f): 10:47am On Feb 23
First learn spelling and grammar before you worry about an airport.
Correction: I have never BEEN to an airport

You have bigger problems sis, focus on that first
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Autobot05: 10:47am On Feb 23
Haven’t been to an airport too
But I do go very close to MMIA ikeja

I’ve been to train stations tho
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by DeepSight(m): 10:47am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:
lol,i just feel ashamed whenever the topic arises

It's not a big deal. Don't feel ashamed at all. Life happens at different times. When you need to, you will. And become tired of it. It's nothing.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Giftexx: 10:48am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:
LOL
Yes go now, don't wait
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by DenreleDave(m): 10:49am On Feb 23
Same. Here man
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Raylight2(m): 10:49am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:
I am in my late twenties. It seems strange that I have never visited an airport. Sometimes i feel ashamed and never talk about it with anybody.

I don't know if it's due to too much responsibilities on me. Who is in the same boat with me? How do you cope when people talk about visiting an airport? Do you pretend as if u have visited an airport? Do you say the truth and let people mock you?

If you are ashamed of not having been to an airport, what'll you do when people start talking about traveling by air. There's no big deal bro. You aim should not be going to the airport but traveling on a plane and you could work towards that. If you want it so badly enough, you'll get it. Most times , when you even accompany someone to the airport, you're not allowed beyond the barricade at the Lagos international airport. So no big deal. However, traveling by plane is an awesome experience I think you should have.

My first flight experience, I didn't plan it. I saw a scholarship, I applied, it came through with free flight. So try.
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by iykejohnson(m): 10:50am On Feb 23
This shouldn't be a problem to you!
When the time comes, you gonna enter one.

Please, don't let this weigh you down or don't allow peer pressure of something like this to bring you down. There are plenty of people on Earth who haven't seen an airport
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Obarofrederick(m): 10:52am On Feb 23
Pansophist, I love the level you are operating on. A level of enlightenment.

Character is everything.

When you lose money, you lose nothing
When you lose your health, you lose something
When you lose your character, you lose everything.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by wisdomkid: 10:52am On Feb 23
Feel ashamed of what? Have you ever slept in a morgue before? Please, before you start feeling ashamed or anything, there are people begging to be alive, healthy and just breath on their own.

God bless you sir/ma

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by toujurs: 10:53am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:
I am in my late twenties. It seems strange that I have never visited an airport. Sometimes i feel ashamed and never talk about it with anybody.

I don't know if it's due to too much responsibilities on me. Who is in the same boat with me? How do you cope when people talk about visiting an airport? Do you pretend as if u have visited an airport? Do you say the truth and let people mock you?
You could have used the airline during Goodluck time.

Airline are so expensive, i only use the airline when am traveling to abuja. Or abuja to lagos.

Any other transit, it's by road o! Unless things get better. And i doubt it would be.
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Miyachi: 10:53am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:

'been' not 'being'. One is past participle, the other is present.
There are people all over the world who have never been to an airport or flown on a plane.

What you don't have you don't need.

There's nothing to be ashamed of, well, except that you don't know the difference between present and past tense. grin
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by ppogba: 10:55am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:

You are not alone.
90 percentage of the people on this platform are in your category but will never admit it publicly.

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by actrinity(m): 10:57am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:

What's the need of visiting an airport when I don't have business with it?
I'm in my late 30 and I've not visited an airport. There is nothing to feel shame about. I've not entered train too, but I have my Land cruisers and goes wherever I want to.
But I'm planning to take my 3yr old son to an airport for a picnic. He wants to touch and enter aeroplane; and will also take the opportunity to touch it too.

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by maasoap(m): 11:01am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:
lol,i just feel ashamed whenever the topic arises
Ashamed? You haven't had any need to fly, follow a family or friend who's travelling or work in the airport. Basically, you haven't had any business with airports yet. Nothing to do ashamed of. But you can set aside a day to do explore airport if you so much desire it
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by DiamondJLove: 11:03am On Feb 23
Okortor:
Irrespective of your gender...holla me if you are in Lagos, let's chill with a flight to abj or ph. Tomorrow n Sunday.
am in PH.thank you very much
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by GenFunction: 11:04am On Feb 23
dnt go to the cemetry if u have no reason to be there...i hope this helps
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by DiamondJLove: 11:04am On Feb 23
TheTravelingOne:
First learn spelling and grammar before you worry about an airport.
Correction: I have never BEEN to an airport

You have bigger problems sis, focus on that first
thank you
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Judolisco(m): 11:05am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:

start uber or bolt.... U go enter tire
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by pipnator00(m): 11:09am On Feb 23
I have been and have travelled by air, at least during the early years of local flights in Nigeria however, one thing keeps me VERY curious about aircrafts.. That is, how something as big and heavy as boeing/airbus can just...voooom from land gradually and it on air for hours until it arrives its destinations. Imagine travelling to a place like Australia or even Thailand,. You'd be on air for nothing less that 20hrs. Sometimes I feel like if I am inside the aircraft, and I jump and land strongly while inside, my weight could cause the aircraft to drop.

Well I have to give it to science and technology. I believe in the years to come, flight to Australia or even Thailand could be reduced to less than 4 hours. Science and technology keeps evolving/improving, so no more surprises.

Let me add too, no matter how much time I fly. take-off is always a nightmare to me. That time it aggressively speeds off before it hits the air always wanna make me pee on my pats! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Agunesinjaweola: 11:09am On Feb 23
Nothing to be ashamed of at all 😕

I went to Abuja by Chanchangi Airline in my early thirties and it was my first time in the Airport from Lagos.

Airport is not a tourist centre for security reasons and you have no business to be at the Airport if you're not traveling or welcoming people.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by Petacephas: 11:15am On Feb 23
My dear, those politicians who steal public money and travel by air every day, you are far better and worth more than them. Flying doesn't add any value to your worth after all imbeciles and thieves are more at the airport. Do you know that there are some people that have never been to church or mosque? There are some that have never prayed, there are some that have never helped a soul. If you have done any of these then your worth is better.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by RickyJesus: 11:15am On Feb 23
nazicartel:
You're ashamed because you have not been to an airport before ?.... Haa. Many nonsense things will put this generation into depression ooo. If you don't have any business going to an airport, why will you go there. When time will come for you to board an airplane,, you won't even know. Something will definitely take you there. It's not yet time..... There's nothing sweet in that jaree
The last part is not necessary, there is everything sweet with taking a flight on a plane.

Yeah you sit there while the plane and the pilot do there thing but come the experience is worth it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by RickyJesus: 11:16am On Feb 23
EmekaMD:
No shame in that. The first time I visited an airport was sometime in 2009, in my second year at the University. I was about 19 or so. I took myself to murtala Mohammed Airport for nothing sake. Just to see airplanes. I was so disappointed because I didn't see any airplane. I wasn't allowed beyond that first hall. But I saw heard announcements of plane arrivals. I saw people that looked fresh who might have just disembarked from those planes. I told myself that that could be me someday. Here I am. Traveling countries many years after
Yeah, some experiences can push you to do great things.
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by LegendaryArnold(m): 11:17am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:

Nothing really special about airports, especially the ones we have here
Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by nnewsnjobs: 11:18am On Feb 23
Lol, there is no big deal being to an airport nor there is any flying in an air plane.

So be happy because that doesn't add anything to your person.

Let me tell you now that more than 50% of people from my village live and die without seeing a double lane high way.

Some die without spending a single night in an motel not to talk of hotel.

The one that usually makes me feel bad is that each time I lodge in a standard hotel, during breakfast and dinner which is usually buffet, you see a lot of people enjoying the food, very good food and good setting. Instead of me to be feeling happy and good, I will be feeling somehow bad because I will be thinking about so many people that have never set their eyes in this kind of serene environment till they die, this live is not balance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by RickyJesus: 11:18am On Feb 23
Obarofrederick:
Pansophist, I love the level you are operating on. A level of enlightenment.

Character is everything.

When you lose money, you lose nothing
When you lose your health, you lose something
When you lose your character, you lose everything.
Losing money can easily lead to losing your health and character.

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Been To An Airport by BigDawsNet: 11:20am On Feb 23
DiamondJLove:

To go to airport won't cost you fortune... you don't have to acquire a visa before you visit the airport..

Make a plan today and take the nearest taxi to the airport to satisfy ur urge... also you may not be allowed to enter the inside international terminals without a visa for travelling... dis due to trying to separate legit travelers and people who are dere to just cus holdup... and also for security purpose...

But if you want to see inside airport... try local airport..dey will let u in...

I'm talking abt Lagos airport oh... so if you outside lagos... other state may allow u to access inside international airport without a travelling

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Terrible Accident Along Bukkuyum-Garin Shinkafi Road Zamfara (Photos) / Two Arik Planes In Crash Scare In Abuja & Jos / Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.