Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? (1116 Views)

If Tinubu Survive His Ordeal,He Will Be Goat Of Nigeria Politics / Like Ekiti, Can Tinubu Defeat Every Other Candidate? / Who Do You Think Is Behind The Onslaught Against Tinubu Political Dynasty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by LandMann: 8:54am On Feb 23
Tinubu implemented subsidy removal.

He did not stop there, he went further to liberalise exchange rate that is mainly controlled by Northerners through BDCs and NNPC dominated by northerners. #firstshot from Tinubu to the north

Next he began attacking Dangote who benefitted largely from exchange rate differential between official and parallel market... But Dangote is not the only beneficiary of such corruption because 95% of banks controlled by southerners received subsidized dollar from CBN and sold it at black market rate through the backdoor to BDC operators... So why single out Dangote for attack? #secondshot from Tinubu to the north.

Furthermore, Tinubu's team took the war to the streets by using police efcc and dss to haunt BDC operators in Abuja and around Nigeria. Again, BDC operators are 99% northerners in Nigeria. #thirdshot from Tinubu to the north.

In other areas, Tinubu decided to move some sensitive departments in certain ministries and government agencies like CBN, NNPC etc to Lagos. Many top northerners clearly and openly stated that this is against their interest and that they'll respond in due time. #4thshot from Tinubu to the north.

Looking at all these events that have played out in less than one year of Tinubu in office, you can see why I stated that Tinubu declared war on the north, and now they're responding through economic and security sabotage.

The north largely controls dollar supply and food supply in Nigeria as of today. How? Through BDC operations and through using bandits and terrorists to prevent farmers from farming they can cut of dollar supply and food supply to a large percentage of Nigeria's population thereby causing inflation.

Secondly, Dangote and BUA (two prominent Northerners in Nigeria's economic space) responded to the attacks from Tinubu by increasing prices of goods across board by as much as 300-400% in less than one year. How much is Dangote and BUA cement, dangote salt, dangote sugar and dangote spaghetti in your area now in February 2024 compared to last year 2023 February? For years, successive Nigerian governments gave Dangote unnecessary monopoly. Even Jonathan the PhD holder did not see the danger ahead. He allowed it to continue because they in turn allowed him and his team to loot the country without challenging him till they were ready to install their son Buhari.

Through BDC operators making dollars scare and pushing the price up in the parallel market, through bandits in the north making it hellish for farmers to farm even in the middlebelt states like Benue, through major northern food merchants buying and hoarding grains and food in the north and even diverting food and grains to their neighbours outside Nigeria like Niger and Cameron through the unguarded Nigeria's north east land borders, through Dangote and BUA who have enjoyed years of monopoly now radically increasing prices of their goods....add all these together and tell me what conclusion you'll draw.

The north has declared war on Tinubu's government. The people of the south will suffer for it because they're the ones that will bear the brunt of the hardship. They'll hate Tinubu the more because many in the south already hated in before the election. Now that things are getting worse, they'll see more reason to hate him because after all he's in 'charge' of the government. Is he really in charge?

I would profer some solutions but who will listen without calling me names?

1. Tinubu needs to urgently unite the south in preparation for the years ahead. How he does this is his own cup of tea

2. Tinubu needs to immediately restructure the country...the state police creation is one good move but they need to make the laws water tight to prevent misuse by state governors.

Another significant move is to return full resource control to states or regions and return the country back to regional system of government. Power is too concentrated in Abuja and Abuja is weak because it is controlled by the north.

Returning resource control to states or regions will stop giving the north the weapons they need to destabilize the entire Nigeria and it'll give each state or region the opportunity to hold their leader responsible for any economic, security and social challenge.

3. The two suggestions above are long term solutions to the problem we're facing as a country. They're hard choices to make and I'm 100% sure Tinubu is too much of a coward to make such hard decisions.

Again, he'll be limited by the national assembly dominated by the north who will kick against any bill that seeks to free southern Nigeria from their grip. So, can Tinubu mobilise Akpabio and the rest southern legislators to carry out the above suggestions and stand their ground till it's done?

As an ordinary citizen and if you are reading this, please brace up for the impact. Things can degenerate and escalate quickly to dangerous levels. Arm yourselves to defend yourselves. Don't be caught off guard. Don't let the useless pastors and bishops in the south deceive you that all is well. Arm yourselves to protect yourselves. Learn to shoot and fight. Mobilise trusted youths in your area and you guys should form a security council to protect your immediate area.

Don't be caught off guard so that you don't get slaughtered in your sleep like is happening in many villages in the middlebelt and in the north.

Those abokis you see mounting guard in strategic locations in different states in the south in the name of looking for menial jobs are foot soldiers ready to strike when the whistle is blown. Don't be caught unaware.

A word is enough for the wise.

7 Likes

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by Xscape1993(m): 8:55am On Feb 23
The drug master does not understand simple economy term.

3 Likes

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by EreluRoz: 9:32am On Feb 23
Xscape1993:
The drug master does not understand simple economy term.
Learn to respect your elders, you can criticize constructively

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by matify83: 9:55am On Feb 23
''They're hard choices to make and I'm 100% sure Tinubu is too much of a coward to make such hard decisions''.

The quote above was taken from the post.

You stooped so low by including invectives in your write-up that made your lucid points taste soar and nauseating.

We seem incapable of stringing 2 sentences together these days without showing how debased we are in terms of our moral upbringing.

For crying out loud, I'm not a fan of Asiwaju but I can't bring myself to insult his person however bad I feel about his economic policies or his ascension to power.

It is not by sharing seemingly populist opinions and sentiments that your post will make front page which I see this one not attempting.

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by Cassandraloius: 10:04am On Feb 23
undecided
Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by Frigga13: 10:06am On Feb 23
All this op imaginary Tinubu fight with the North remains a deep hallucinations

They Northern Arewa don’t have problems with the Tinubu

In fact all this your gibberish don’t even exist in the North if they North gave 10 million votes in last election..
This election they will surprise him with 25 million..

Keep dreaming and hallucinating.

If elections are to be conducted today.. Tinubu will win a landslide .. this is so sure ...

The hatred you people share online is the motivating power

Gbaja has been corrected and has taken correction.. who is the only problem the north has with Tinubu .. not even the economy

Una sha want everyone to follow you guys hatred and bitterness

Time wasters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by Tallesty1(m): 11:42am On Feb 23
EreluRoz:
Learn to respect your elders, you can criticize constructively
Nonsense Elder

4 Likes

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by EreluRoz: 11:43am On Feb 23
Tallesty1:
Nonsense Elder
Hey how are you, dollar is crashing. Everything will eventually be alright.

I don't find it funny when kids throw insult on elders carelessly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by LandMann: 11:50am On Feb 23
matify83:
''They're hard choices to make and I'm 100% sure Tinubu is too much of a coward to make such hard decisions''.

The quote above was taken from the post.

You stooped so low by including invectives in your write-up that made your lucid points taste soar and nauseating.

We seem incapable of stringing 2 sentences together these days without showing how debased we are in terms of our moral upbringing.

For crying out loud, I'm not a fan of Asiwaju but I can't bring myself to insult his person however bad I feel about his economic policies or his ascension to power.

It is not by sharing seemingly populist opinions and sentiments that your post will make front page which I see this one not attempting.

When someone says something the way it is a lot of you who have been mentally brainwashed and enslaved by religion will start talking about morality. The same morality that those you defend choose not to uphold.

My message is very clear and that statement you quoted is fact and nothing else. This is a quote from an interview a popular female northerner gave that informed my judgement that Tinubu is a coward who will not have the courage to face the true enemies of Nigeria.

“I said, You know you mean, Sir, you don’t have a blueprint, he said, I can’t have a blueprint because if I have a blueprint, I’ll be stepping on too many toes and they might even kill me. This was what he said."

https://www.nairaland.com/8006927/tinubu-admitted-me-he-no

Go to the above thread and read everything reported there yourself. What do you call a man who is scared of stepping on too many toes because they'll kill him?

Please if you are an asslicker avoid my thread and don't quote me. The problem with a lot of you is that you don't read well, you don't research and you don't know your history at all. You cannot pieces events together to see the big picture.

All u do is jump on a discussion to focus on very irrelevant issue to derail the discussion.

Point out the error in my reasoning. Leave me out of your moral teachings. You are not the one to teach me about morality

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by jumper524(m): 11:51am On Feb 23
out of 19+1 northern states, obi won just 2 plateau and FCT.
meaning obi was outrightly rejected in the north.
since when did obi supporters starts to care about the activities of the north towards tinubu?
enjoy your hero beer since the dollar doesn't affects your business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by LandMann: 11:58am On Feb 23
Frigga13:

In fact all this your gibberish don’t even exist in the North if they North gave 10 million votes in last election..

If elections are to be conducted today.. Tinubu will win a landslide .. this is so sure ...

Gbaja has been corrected and has taken correction.. who is the only problem the north has with Tinubu .. not even the economy

Time wasters

You don't know anything about sentiment analysis. If you know then you will surely not say the above cos as of today Tinubu approval rating has dropped below 30%. If a free and fair election is conducted today Tinubu won't come third. The people have tasted his government and everyone now knows that it's a bitter pill to swallow.

You can defend him all you want. If you can buy a cup of rice for N1000 ontop N30000 minimum wage, I too can afford it. We'll witness the hardship together and see who crumbles first under the weight of massive inflation, unemployment, low wages and massive corruption in government

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by Tallesty1(m): 12:06pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:
Hey how are you, dollar is crashing. Everything will eventually be alright.

I don't find it funny when kids throw insult on elders carelessly
@Emboldened, the gods are good. Trust you are good too?

No, everything will not be alright eventually, and the dollar is not crashing.

Forget respect; when it's demanded rather than earned, it loses its value.

The entire nation is enduring untold hardship because of the blind ambition of a clueless man, and you're talking about respect?

Is it the same respect that led people to support Tinubu instead of Osinbajo?

Let me ask you the same question that Seun asked Oshiomole on live TV:

Have you ever seen a hungry man?

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by EreluRoz: 12:10pm On Feb 23
Tallesty1:
@Emboldened, the gods are good. Trust you are good too?

No, everything will not be alright eventually, and the dollar is not crashing.

Forget respect; when it's demanded rather than earned, it loses its value.

The entire nation is enduring untold hardship because of the blind ambition of a clueless man, and you're talking about respect?

Is it the same respect that led people to support Tinubu instead of Osinbajo?

Let me ask you the same question that Seun asked Oshiomole on live TV:

Have you ever seen a hungry man?

😂 Ofcourse I've seen them and we currently have a lot of them on the streets which is heartbreaking.

I just think it's best we criticize constructively than throwing insults on someone old enough to even be a grandfather
Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by Tallesty1(m): 12:11pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:

😂 Ofcourse I've seen them and we currently have a lot of them on the streets which is heartbreaking.

I just think it's best we criticize constructively than throwing insults on someone old enough to even be a grandfather
He is the reason some people cannot take care of their parents and grandparents.

also the reason some parents can no longer take care of their families.

hang that respect abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by EreluRoz: 12:16pm On Feb 23
Tallesty1:
He is the reason some people cannot take care of their parents and grandparents.

also the reason some parents can no longer take care of their families.

hang that respect abeg.
Everything will be fine.

Alex Otti should be bracing up for next election and not Obi. You will agree with me that Obi isn't different from the others.

Alex Otti is really working

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by 9jatriot(m): 12:21pm On Feb 23
This thread just like a similar one like it is further proof that Tinubu is the man for the job. He is a man who will not because of the next election be afraid to step on toes.

This thread is also further proof why a simp like the lamba king should not be allowed anywhere close to power because as it is with most simps, he will pander to certain elements in the country hoping that they will give him support on the next election.

Not everything is about election. Sometimes you need to do the right thing no matter whose horse is gourd.

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by babasolution: 12:30pm On Feb 23
jumper524:
out of 19+1 northern states, obi won just 2 plateau and FCT.
meaning obi was outrightly rejected in the north.
since when did obi supporters starts to care about the activities of the north towards tinubu?
enjoy your hero beer since the dollar doesn't affects your business.

Obi won nasarawa, and taraba also

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by predictor1: 12:36pm On Feb 23
9jatriot:
This thread just like a similar one like it is further proof that Tinubu is the man for the job. He is a man who will not because of the next election be afraid to step on toes.

This thread is also further proof why a simp like the lamba king should not be allowed anywhere close to power because as it is with most simps, he will pander to certain elements in the country hoping that they will give him support on the next election.

Not everything is about election. Sometimes you need to do the right thing no matter whose horse is gourd.
You mean like Jonathan?
Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by Tallesty1(m): 12:38pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:
Everything will be fine.

Alex Otti should be bracing up for next election and not Obi. You will agree with me that Obi isn't different from the others.

Alex Otti is really working
Everyone spoke well of OBI until he decided to contest for presidency, same treatment awaits Alex.

I am not new to Nigeria politics of hate and bitterness.

Kindly desist from using the line in bold whenever you are replying/quoting me.

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by EreluRoz: 12:42pm On Feb 23
Tallesty1:
Everyone spoke well of OBI until he decided to contest for presidency, same treatment awaits Alex.

I am not new to Nigeria politics of hate and bitterness.

Kindly desist from using the line in bold whenever you are replying/quoting me.
😂. No one spoke well of Obi please, infact anambarians actually hated him but had to make a quick swift just for the election. Be truthful aboki.
Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by Benwallt(m): 1:34pm On Feb 23
You think Tinubu is Igbo, chest beater? Nobody can stop Tinubu
Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:49pm On Feb 23
BDC IS A MONUMENTAL FRAUD.
MOSTLY ILLICIT PEOPLE PATRONIZE BDC TO HIDE THEIR EVIL AND FRAUD MONEY.
LET BANKs HANDLE ALL CURRENCIES,THAT IS THEIR JOB. angry

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by JagabanB: 2:21pm On Feb 23
Imaginary wàr with the north has been going on before the election, 2027 will come and nothing will happen.

2 Likes

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by Tap0lane: 2:51pm On Feb 23
A foolish word is Tinubu seek vote from Igbos.

If Tinubu need vote n cant get it from core North he should look towards the North Central instead, just end herdsmen killing n provide enough farming incentive directed at the Middlebelt they will vote for you more than even Yorubas will vote Tunubu.

On the other hand turn Ipobland into Dubai your papa no go see 100K votes from those haters

LandMann:
Tinubu

Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by LandMann: 2:58pm On Feb 23
PARADIZEPRIEST:
MOSTLY ILLICIT PEOPLE PSTRONIZR BDC TO HIDE THEIR EVIL AND FRAUD MONEY
LET BANK HANDLE ALL CURRENCIES,THST IS THEIR JOB.

Why or what is preventing banks from allowing Nigerians use their credit card to make payments in dollars.
Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by Olachase(m): 3:04pm On Feb 23
me i dont even understand again

it's still your people said Tinubu is been control by the North

now you are here telling us how Tinubu is fighting the North

social media self, everybody with his or her own opinion grin grin grin
Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by modernWays: 3:43pm On Feb 23
There is nothing like Tinubu vs North, it is just Internet things being perpetrated by political novices.

As it is stand today, Tinubu is the only southern politicians that is very close to them, who they can trust that he would pay back their loyalty the same way. Let him focus on how to get out of this mess of an economy before we talk about 2027. There is too much suffering in Nigeria, and something must be done quickly to alleviate the pain.
Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by modernWays: 3:46pm On Feb 23
PARADIZEPRIEST:
MOSTLY ILLICIT PEOPLE PATRONIZE BDC TO HIDE THEIR EVIL AND FRAUD MONEY.
LET BANKs HANDLE ALL CURRENCIES,THAT IS THEIR JOB. angry

Banks are the biggest fraud compare to BDC. What stopping CBN from making Dollar exchange service only through banks?

Don't blame the innocent BDC guys, blame your unfortunate politicians, CBN and commercial banks.
Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by CountinBlessins(m): 3:56pm On Feb 23
Frigga13:

Time wasters

Yet the North are protesting seriously against the president 🤣🤣🤣🤣
The self deceit of cowardice 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Can Tinubu Survive The Onslaught From The North? by coputa(m): 5:33pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:

There's no bigmanity or seniority on a faceless forum, different shades of opinions are shared by different people

Some are correct while some are offensive

If you want to claim rights, don't join a forum

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Frees Soldiers Of ‘northern Extraction Facing Murder,others Remain / Democracy Will Work In Nigeria / What Kind Of Democracy Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.