Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam (2134 Views)

Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh / Exclusive Interview With Lamidi Adedibu- Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by MT: 2:06am On Sep 19, 2007
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200709191411478

angry Is this man (Adedibu) sick or what is his problem ? angry

Meanwhile, a Peoples Democratic Party chieftain in Oyo State, Chief Lamidi Adedibu, has appealed to President Umaru Yar’Adua to save the embattled Etteh by stopping the ongoing probe into the scam in the House.

Adedibu, who spoke when Etteh visited the family of the slain member of the House, Mr. Segun Oladimeji, in Ibadan on Tuesday, said stopping the probe was one of the ways Yar’Adua could reciprocate the Yoruba, who ‘voted for him en masse’.

He said the President needed to emulate his predecessor, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, who, according to him, had a way of settling controversial issues within his ‘closet.’

Turning to other members of the House that accompanied the speaker on the visit, he said, “Tell the President that he is our son.

“We know how many votes he secured from Yorubaland. If it were Obasanjo, he would have invited everybody to the closet and settle the matter and that will be the end.

“He (Yar’Adua) should learn from that. We will not accept that anything should happen to the seat being occupied by Etteh now.”

He said Etteh’s ‘trial’, as exemplified by the probe, was tantamount to putting the entire Yoruba race, whose slot the speaker was occupying, on trial.

Adedibu, who spoke through an interpreter, said, “We are all the same, whether you are from the North, East or West. This country belongs to all of us. This is the person we (Yoruba) put there to represent us.

“Tell others (lawmakers) that we need to live in peace and harmony. They should not think that they are probing Etteh; they are probing the Yourba.

“We are not moved by the so-called investigation. We will not succumb to any intimidation. We will not accept that they do anything that will threaten the position of Etteh.

“During the eight years of Obasanjo, he did not probe anybody. We are not taking this matter lightly. We are speaking with one voice. Whatever they do against Etteh now is done against Yoruba. Please deliver our message to your colleagues.

“What is on the ground now is more than meet the eyes.

“Why do you need to probe anybody when you know you have eight years to spend – the speaker, the President of the Senate and all of you? Why do you have to strain your relationship now?”

He then turned to journalists and said that instead of whipping up ‘unnecessary emotions’, they should write reports that would explain the position of the Yoruba, as expounded by him.

Printer Friendly VersionTHE BEST OF PUNCH TODAY
Most Hits (Top 10)
Bush commends EFCC on anti-graft war
Governor with four wives says no First Lady
AC, Afenifere disagree on AGF
Falana cautions Yar’Adua on rule of law
Hoodlums abduct, rape AC supporters in Osun
Etteh: Panel queries clerk for disobeying stop-work order
Oceanic Bank appoints new directors
US offers $845m development grant to Nigeria
Tinubu calls for state of emergency on security
Stanbic Bank leases trucks, worth N1bn
Go to Complete List …
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by Danmasani(m): 3:56am On Sep 19, 2007
what else did you expect from an uncouth mouth who rather than respect his age and indulged in good deeds has opted to violence, thuggery,intimidation and all bad things associated with mankind?
To tell u the truth, this Adedibu guy amazes me, how can one man hold the whole Oyo state to ransom like this and goes unchallenged? where are all those people who say they are educated, 'illustrious sons' of Ibadan? why can't someone rise up and stand against this guy?

Shame!
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 19, 2007
@ Danmasani, indeed i am ashamed that Adedibu still purports to speak for the Yoruba. Etteh should be sacked, end of story.
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by chidichris(m): 7:09am On Sep 19, 2007
he is expecting yar adua to emulate obj while obj wants oyo people to emulate adedibu.
that is the end of the story and this goes a long way to show how pdp and efcc and obj are fighting corruption.
na the same people. only such speach is worthy of 100 years in jail.
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by azorjiu(m): 7:21am On Sep 19, 2007
“Why do you need to probe anybody when you know you have eight years to spend – the speaker, the President of the Senate and all of you? Why do you have to strain your relationship now?”
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

Another attorney general interpreting the constitution.

This is parody, you know.
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by dayokanu(m): 7:32am On Sep 19, 2007
Ibadan people did not empower Adedibu, Obasanjo did by using all sorts of armtwisting gangsterism and all sorts.

Imagine Adedibu speaking on behalf of an ethnic group? Wouldnt it be better for Shina Rambo to speak.

Does anybody actually expect Adedibu to condemn corruption when CORRUPTION a.k.a Obasanjo is his godfather
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by dayokanu(m): 7:41am On Sep 19, 2007
See the item in bold to know the type of regime we had from 1999-2007

He said the President needed to emulate his predecessor, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, who, according to him, had a way of settling controversial issues within his ‘closet.’

Turning to other members of the House that accompanied the speaker on the visit, he said, “Tell the President that he is our son.

“We know how many votes he secured from Yorubaland. If it were Obasanjo, he would have invited everybody to the closet and settle the matter and that will be the end.
“He (Yar’Adua) should learn from that. We will not accept that anything should happen to the seat being occupied by Etteh now.”

He said Etteh’s ‘trial’, as exemplified by the probe, was tantamount to putting the entire Yoruba race, whose slot the speaker was occupying, on trial.

Adedibu, who spoke through an interpreter, said, “We are all the same, whether you are from the North, East or West. This country belongs to all of us. This is the person we (Yoruba) put there to represent us.

“Tell others (lawmakers) that we need to live in peace and harmony. They should not think that they are probing Etteh; they are probing the Yourba.

“We are not moved by the so-called investigation. We will not succumb to any intimidation. We will not accept that they do anything that will threaten the position of Etteh.

“During the eight years of Obasanjo, he did not probe anybody. We are not taking this matter lightly. We are speaking with one voice. Whatever they do against Etteh now is done against Yoruba. Please deliver our message to your colleagues.
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by tkb417(m): 8:10am On Sep 19, 2007
oh my Gawwwwd. This Adedibu guy should be [punished]. Chikena. I'm a Yoruba guy, hes not speaking for us. slowpoke
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 19, 2007
He has nailed her coffin
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by mishooo(m): 8:49am On Sep 19, 2007
That man is an embodiment of Corruption. I think he should be silenced once and for all. He's got a BIG mouth as well. Good for nothing old man !!
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by desgiezd(m): 9:03am On Sep 19, 2007
It is amazing to read those useless rantings being vomited from that useless mouth. Who appointed a thug to speak on behalf of the Yorubas. When did the Yorubas start condoning corruption and started treating it as a family affair as being suggested by that thug a la OBJ style. Reading this shows the school of thought this man belongs and has also shown that he and OBJ belong to that same school. He is not even speaking for the entire Ibadan people talk less of the Yorubas. Imagine him saying the trial of Etteh is the trial of the entire Yorubas, what nonsense!
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by denex: 9:53am On Sep 19, 2007
I am telling you people now. This Adedibu/Etteh connection cannot be unrelated to the death of Representative/Thug Segun Oladimeji.

He might have just been the sacrificial lamb provided by Adedibu in order for Abraham to free Isaac or should I say in order for Nigerians to forget about Etteh.

As we can see, not only has this assassination which occured in the home-base of Adedibu pushing investigations to the back-burner, Adedibu is saying the entire investigation should be called off.

I have said my part.
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by MT: 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2007
This stupid man has been warned not to engage in partisan politics again by the newly installed Olubadan of Ibadan. This old fool dares everybody ---- the ibadan indigenes, the olubadan of ibadan and now the entire nation by getting mixed up in Etteh Saga. I hope he gets incinerated and die a painful death!
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by denex: 12:45pm On Sep 19, 2007
From my general assessment of Adedibu's health, I don't think he will just lay down and die anytime soon. We need to do what needs doing O! We cannot preserve this man's life till the next elections because it will be very brutal.

The man has to be taken care of but the truth is that the Oyo people have to call us in to clean up. Without that there is nothing anyone can do.

If the Oyo people do not want Adedibu, the will massively take action against him and his thugs.

Afterall, even Bob Izua in Benin, UNIBEN Students humbled him and all his thugs.

So nobody can help Oyo if they do not take any initiative action. Not all this vocalization all over the place. INITIATIVE ACTION!
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by chidichris(m): 12:53pm On Sep 19, 2007
obj had told us to tolorate and manage adedibu because he is too old to be reformed.
my disappointments are from the great critics of our country all from yoruba and they are just there watching. i am calling on gani to talk no more on national issues until he moblize the yoruba people towards a lasting solution on the side of adedibu.
what do we expect from a man in whose house six inec machines were found and nothing happened?
we need just to organise a national wake-keep for both obj and adedibu for what they represent in nigeria
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by KnowAll(m): 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2007
that man has pdp balls in his hands they fear the man, recently the police men guarding his compound were withdrawn by the inspector general of police, the man called yaradua, and the police men were reinstated. Dont u guys know it is the west that is holding that country together, in nija delta there is delta wahala, in the south east mossab is shouting their own, in the west there is the odua thing, but they have been silenced, with pdp winning all the western states. The hausa/fulani need the west for nija to survive, the day all the southern part of nigeria speak with one voice that day the country will scatter. So people dont underestimate the influnce of that thug in ibadan. make na just pray say he die quick like abacha.
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by Mamajama(m): 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2007
Typical Nigerians. you guys are talking bad about the man without any proof that he actually utter any of this words. where is the link to the story?
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by tonia2000(f): 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2007
Whatever as far as i am concerned this man ADEDIBU is evil and a destroyer of peace,Old for nothing man
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by tkb417(m): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2007
Typical Nigerians.  you guys are talking bad about the man without any proof that he actually utter any of this words.  where is the link to the story?

Typical Ameriacana, what do you think that punch link at the top is for? go and take your goggles
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2007
Mamajama:

Typical Nigerians. you guys are talking bad about the man without any proof that he actually utter any of this words. where is the link to the story?
Its either you are blind or being plainn Dump. Cant you see the link on the post. sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by chidichris(m): 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2007
mamajama,
could u pls tell us the link for all ur posts especially when u told us about the ibb hilltop mansion.
pls tell us about the link where u saw ibb as the most celebrated criminal in nigeria.
i have told u and i am telling u agian and i will tell u again that u are not living anywhere near usa because ur posts here shows u are mingling in the dark parts of the northern nigeria
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by mazaje(m): 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2007
People like mamajama are the reason why Nigeria is finding it extreamly difficult to progress.
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by Joey82(m): 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2007
People like Adedibu are the reason why Nigeria isn't going 2 b better. Little wonder where he got such powers 2 bcome completely untouchable. We waste time complaining about terrorism in other countries while it is hear in Nigeria at our door steps

Even d acclaimed human right activsts such as Gani, Soyinka, falana and the likes have never uttered a word to my knowledge on the misgivings of the old crap called Adedibu.Who d devil is this man.
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by tonia2000(f): 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2007
Very soon Adedibu's Statue is to be placed at molete roundabout while emminent personalities (some PDP Governors from the West) wl be coming on a visit during the lunchn. Does it mean Adedibu Becomes a living legend or what in 2weeks time?Nonsense.
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by desgiezd(m): 1:57pm On Sep 21, 2007
tonia2000:

Very soon Adedibu's Statue is to be placed at molete roundabout while emminent personalities (some PDP Governors from the West) wl be coming on a visit during the lunchn. Does it mean Adedibu Becomes a living legend or what in 2weeks time?Nonsense.

Tonia2000, tell me you are joking

----seems Im dreaming, someone pls wake me from this nightmare----
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by Joey82(m): 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2007
If i were an Oyo citizen, i think i'd rather kill myself than live 2 see Adedeibu's stature errected in such a legendary city. This is 'daylight darkness'.
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by humantoy(m): 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2007
Its a shame that OBJ backed such a fool like Adedibu to destabilise Oyo State.They both should be stoned to death.None of them qualifies to speak for the Yoruba nation.Shame unto OBJ.His 8 yrs are 8 yrs of anguish.He was so favoured that by now he should be close to Mandela in popularoty.But look at him,while Mandela was having his statue erected all over the world,the father of modern Nigeria was busy reopenning Mapo hall refurbished by the fooloish governor,Akala and his godfather.May they all die a painful death.
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by tonia2000(f): 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2007
@desgeizd
I am perfectly serious about Adedibu's statue to be placed at molete roundabout.cheers
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by Mamajama(m): 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2007
How funny, we have to dikes and two faggs calling mamajamas name. what side of the bed do you fools wake up from?

Its Friday, and don't get me started please.
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by mazaje(m): 3:23pm On Sep 21, 2007
Mamajama:

How funny, we have to dikes and two faggs calling mamajamas name. what side of the bed do you fools wake up from?

Its Friday, and don't get me started please.

hey  if you don't tread carefully i will post the pic of you and you gay friend making out for all to see, stupid smelly cunt go get a life or die stupid dons
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by tonia2000(f): 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2007
Na wa o grin
Re: Adedibu Comment On Etteh's Scam by desgiezd(m): 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2007
tonia2000:

@desgeizd
I am perfectly serious about Adedibu's statue to be placed at molete roundabout.cheers

Who will save Oyo State from this glorification of evil? Imagine having Adedibu's statue in the same town that also has Awolowo's statue. Quite irreconcilable.

humantoy:

Its a shame that OBJ backed such a fool like Adedibu to destabilise Oyo State.They both should be stoned to death.None of them qualifies to speak for the Yoruba nation.Shame unto OBJ.His 8 years are 8 years of anguish.He was so favoured that by now he should be close to Mandela in popularoty.But look at him,while Mandela was having his statue erected all over the world,the father of modern Nigeria was busy reopenning Mapo hall refurbished by the fooloish governor,Akala and his godfather.May they all die a painful death.

Please, please, Humantoy, put those words in bold print in parenthesis, abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti Govt Laments Rejection Of Unad Graduates By Banks / Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit / Lagos-state-speaker-kuforiji-in-alleged-adulterous-scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.