Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:45 AM

Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh (10802 Views)

Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / $3m Bribery Scandal: Ex-speaker Patricia Etteh Blows Hot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by yemmight(m): 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2007
Members present at the Hearing venue of the public hearing, engaged one another in a brawl.

Problem started when the Speaker, Hon. Patricia Etteh arrived the venue. One of the lawmakers spearheading the Etteh Must Go agitation, “Ole, Ole” (thief, thief).

Does she really deserve to go or is this still another game plan?
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by denex: 5:38pm On Sep 20, 2007
She has to go.

Not only should she be removed as Speaker of the House, her Senatorial District must re-call her (or forever live in shame among all other Nigerian communities). Finally, when she is no more in the National Assembly, she can then be tried for theft as an ordinary citizen and go to jail for 2 years.

So Etteh must go to jail.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Bankole01(m): 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2007
@ Denex

Patricia Etteh is in the House of Rep., not the Senate.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by denex: 8:47pm On Sep 20, 2007
@Bankole01

thank you jare, my brain been dey overheat. Her constituency should identify themselves let us know who to heap this bundle of shame on if they don't take action.

Please, which constituency is that woman representing.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by 9ja4eva: 9:40pm On Sep 20, 2007
She has to go.No matter what the amount she used in renovating her golden house and that of her assistant is outrageous

She lacks credibility and is a shame
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by denex: 9:45pm On Sep 20, 2007
Which Constituency Is Patricia Etteh Representing? Can't they speak up anymore?

In fact lemme go to google.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by 9ja4eva: 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2007
Consitituency of crooks and armed robbers

Represent or Present she must face the law

She is corrupt.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by showbobo(m): 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2007
i saw it on TV the way those old men with big bellies were exchanging blows.its a national disgrace
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by denex: 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2007
Where are the generous people of Ayedaade/Isokan/Irewole Federal Constituency?

I want to specially thank them for sending out such a criminal from among many that they have to inflict this sort of wickedness on us all.

Anybody from Ayedaade? Do we have anyone from Isokan? What about Irewole people.

Please stand up and be counted. We just want to show our appreciation to you for sending out a perfect Representative of whom you really are.

A woman who claims that her legislative interests include equity and fairplay.

A woman who advocated that her target is to develop rural areas.

http://www.nassnig.org/House/Personaldata/Osun/etteh.htm
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Configur(m): 10:12pm On Sep 20, 2007
ETTEH MUST GO,SHES A BITCH.NA BCUZ OBASANJO DEY Bleep AM DAT NA WHY DEM PUT AM AS HOUSE OF REP SPEAKER.ASHEWO OSHI. angry

angry C D BIG MONEY WEY D BITCH USE REPAIR HOUSE WHEN NO BE SAY NA CANNANLAND OF WINNERS CHAPEL SHE WAN BUILD grin  OLOSHI BURUKU  ,ABI NA REDEEMED CAMP SHE WAN BUILD,ABI NA NATIONAL STADIUM,ABUJA. E NO GO BETTER FOR HER PUSSY angry    angry            AMEN
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by presido1: 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2007
Configur:

ETTEH MUST GO,SHES A BITCH.NA BCUZ OBASANJO DEY Bleep AM DAT NA WHY DEM PUT AM AS HOUSE OF REP SPEAKER.ASHEWO OSHI.AMEN
the truth is now coming out one by one. But will she go i think NO
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Orikinla(m): 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2007
I was busy online when my younger sister called me to watch the national disgrace on AIT News.

I hope it does not show up on YouTube?

These legislators are only showing us their true colours within only seven months of being in office.

The last April elections should be declared null and void. Because, these shamless criminals rigged their way into public office and they are insulting our intelligence.

God help Nigeria.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Danmasani(m): 10:38pm On Sep 20, 2007
Configur:

ETTEH MUST GO,SHES A BITCH.NA BCUZ OBASANJO DEY Bleep AM DAT NA WHY DEM PUT AM AS HOUSE OF REP SPEAKER.ASHEWO OSHI. angry

angry C D BIG MONEY WEY D BITCH USE REPAIR HOUSE WHEN NO BE SAY NA CANNANLAND OF WINNERS CHAPEL SHE WAN BUILD grin OLOSHI BURUKU ,ABI NA REDEEMED CAMP SHE WAN BUILD,ABI NA NATIONAL STADIUM,ABUJA. E NO GO BETTER FOR HER PUSSY angry angry AMEN

shit! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by jeshurun07: 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2007
i am very very sure etteh would go. it's just another game. she would be disgraced out of office no doubt about that
but my concern which i believe every nigerian should be concerned about is WHO IS GOING TO REPLACE HER?!

so good nairalanders, pray the house doesn't exchange a thief for a smarted thief!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by jeshurun07: 11:20pm On Sep 20, 2007
i am very very sure etteh would go. it's just another game. she would be disgraced out of office no doubt about that
but my concern which i believe every nigerian should be concerned about is WHO IS GOING TO REPLACE HER?!

so good nairalanders, pray the house doesn't exchange a thief for a smarted thief!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by bouzymill(m): 12:39am On Sep 21, 2007
Well, Patricia Etteh must go, that is known already,

but even at that, do we need our reps to behave like that, even Sam Peters[boxer] would exercise patience in that situation [ and don't tell me they were frustrated].

One of them was saying that it would be bad if the international community got to hear this, news fly so fast, contendig with the speed of light

I GOT THE HEADLINE ON BBC BEFORE I TUNED TO NTA, so what else,

once again displaying our "democratic" violence,

Its bad sha
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by bouzymill(m): 12:44am On Sep 21, 2007
Well, Patricia Etteh must go, that is known already,

but even at that, do we need our reps to behave like that, even Sam Peters[boxer] would exercise patience in that situation [ and don't tell me they were frustrated].

One of them was saying that it would be bad if the international community got to hear this, news fly so fast, contendig with the speed of light

I GOT THE HEADLINE ON BBC BEFORE I TUNED TO NTA, so what else,

once again displaying our "democratic" violence,

Its bad sha
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by WarfyBoy(m): 12:47am On Sep 21, 2007
Women r kind! women are Godfearing,!! Women are more Decent n Acountable than men!!!

Dem giv am chance now she don  dey build her own nation.

inshort ehnnn, i lazy  4 dt  woman ohh, hw im go use dt kind moni take repair house wey dem repair 2 yrs ago, im go fit remove dt kin moni 4rm her acnt take renovate her own pesina house? inshot i no kno as dem dey reason oh, so dem neva kno say we don wise, lol

make dem jst send am to prison, we kno say all of dem dey  steal sha oh, bt dis 1 is jst 2 obvious

she is a disgrace to woman hood, na so dem Ezekwesili dem Akunyili etc take do na im dem still be role model , dat woman Bleep up big time, she fck woman hood up

make she go exile thats  d  solution
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by WarfyBoy(m): 12:51am On Sep 21, 2007
Women r kind! women are Godfearing,!! Women are more Decent n Acountable than men!!!

Dem giv am chance now she don  dey build her own nation.

inshort ehnnn, i lazy  4 dt  woman ohh, hw im go use dt kind moni take repair house wey dem repair 2 yrs ago, im go fit remove dt kin moni 4rm her acnt take renovate her own pesina house? inshot i no kno as dem dey reason oh, so dem neva kno say we don wise, lol

make dem jst send am to prison, we kno say all of dem dey  steal sha oh, bt dis 1 is jst 2 obvious

she is a disgrace to woman hood, na so dem Ezekwesili dem Akunyili etc take do na im dem still be role model , dat woman Bleep up big time, she fck woman hood up

make she go exile thats  d  solution
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Chiori(m): 1:16am On Sep 21, 2007
You all say it is national disgrace for our lawmakers to be engaged in a brawl. Show me a legislative body without brawls and I will show you an inert assembly. All over the world, physical combat has become the norm in legislative processes. So before you make aspersions about what is a national disgrace, be informed beforehand.

As for the Ettehgate, look more deeply, you will see that Dabiri and her camp have a hand in this problem. What we see is a re-play of the Anambra saga that involved Ngige and those who put him into power in order to furnish their self interests. The real issue is that the 648 million Naira was not shared amongst these "power brokers", hence, they are screaming blue murder where there is really no case.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Iman3(m): 1:26am On Sep 21, 2007
Chiori:

You all say it is national disgrace for our lawmakers to be engaged in a brawl. Show me a legislative body without brawls and I will show you an inert assembly. All over the world, physical combat has become the norm in legislative processes. So before you make aspersions about what is a national disgrace, be informed beforehand.

Maybe in your world. . . .but not in mine.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by backnbeta(f): 2:25am On Sep 21, 2007
I-man:

Maybe in your world. . . .but not in mine.

I agree with Chiori on the note that legislative brawls are not limited to Nigeria (check the links below).
http://upsidedownworld.org/main/content/view/866/1/
http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/taipei-tussle/2007/05/08/1178390284927.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WtlUFN2Vxw&eurl=
http://www.legislativesmackdown.com/Russia.php

Chiori:

The real issue is that the 648 million Naira was not shared amongst these "power brokers", hence, they are screaming blue murder where there is really no case.

Even if that is the real issue, there's a case. Etteh is just too greedy and she is a disgrace to herself, her family and her constituency. She should cover her over-bleached face in disgrace. I wonder what OBJ saw in her in the first place(if he actually slept/is actually sleeping with her). Contrary to what Adedibu said, I don't see this as a fight against yorubas, it's just a fight against a corrupt woman that deserves to rot in jail. She MUST go.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Pain(m): 3:17am On Sep 21, 2007
Who is this woman dating? Why is she so important. I think its time she quits and goes mummying at home.

Her kitchen needs her. Not the kitchen cabinet NASS is becoming!!

Thats if her hubby still needs her though undecided I Heard Most of This Women In Poli"ticks" Have No Home To Return To. Anyway Maybe Thats Why She Had To Build A New One!!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by debosky(m): 3:20am On Sep 21, 2007
I am unfortunately from Ayedaade, This is a global embarassment to the noble people of my community.

New revelations show that one of the directors in a firm given the 71m portion of the contract is her security adviser, another woman no less. So the corruption bug affects women equally as egregiously as the men. sad

with the latest ruckus, whether she is 'innocent' or 'guilty' according to the panel's findings, her leadership has been seriously compromised. It is way too early in the life of this legislature to be shackled by a lame duck speaker who will constantly have to defend her integrity

She should do the honorable thing and resign now.

the issue isn't really who's wife she is or who she is sleeping with - its a number of factors

1. the greed of the legislators who have been 'favored' by madam speaker to land 'juicy' committee positions

2. the obvious loss of face the PDP would suffer if the speaker goes down for corruption so early in the term

3. the fact that Obj 'approved' her appointment and would not want to lose one of his 'moles' in the new power set up.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Jakumo(m): 5:13am On Sep 21, 2007
Etteh probably got where she is because she made her smelly, gunny-sack beaver available to all those fat old geriatrics who got to bitch-slapping one another for the whole of Nigeria to see on TV.

That embezzling LovePeddler ought to be handed over to the area boys in Lagos for some instant street justice. Jail is way too good for such an unrepentant industrial-scale embezzler and career criminal. She needs to be thrown to the wolves.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by angel101(f): 5:34am On Sep 21, 2007
I saw the fight on TV. very hilarious! made my day. grin
Pat should go now, we no want na trouble?
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by dj4wealth: 6:16am On Sep 21, 2007
In fairness, it was a set up. This has been the game plan ever since the begining of our so called democracy. Almost everyone there in Abuja (Legislative chambers) are corrupt. I bet you they are worse than Etteh. Its unfortunate that she was a victim. Non of them is clean.

This does not mean that everyone in her constituency are bad as posted by my fellow Nairalanders. Remember that all our Govs. too are chronic Robbers so does that implies that Everyone in this country are thief?

Ask our incumbent president (Yar'Adua) how he comes about his sudden and massive increase in his Asset Declaration before he became the Governor of his state and before he became the President of this country. Though he is try to put things in place now.

I think what needs to be done is to do proper investigation rather than behaving like a stark illiterate calling her head off. Imagine A Legislator behaving like a primary school pupil? Infact a school cert holder should not be doing that. [/b]Its is only AGBERO (TOUT) that i know does that[b]

I watched it Live on TV it was a show of shame!!!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by archbishop(m): 7:27am On Sep 21, 2007
Nairalanders,
This is what we called STEALING at the Highest Level. This is stealing with the PEN which are LEADERS are so used to.
This should not be Encouraged.
She must Goooooooooooooooooooooooo.
SHE IS A DISGRACE TO MOTHERHOOD.
OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ARCHBISHOP.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Bamiprof(m): 8:00am On Sep 21, 2007
It's is a big shame to the ladies themselves, now we can see that what a man can do a woman can not do better, she can only attempt.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 21, 2007
@DENEX
stop insulting other people, afterall they have not confirmed her a thief,
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by omena555(f): 8:05am On Sep 21, 2007
This Etteh issue has made me to  really know that what a man can do, a woman can do better  cheesy Good or bad!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by marjson(m): 8:24am On Sep 21, 2007
Murtherfurking peeps representing our Great nation with thier own bad image, God Purnish them all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship: 500 Members Of PPA Decamp To PDP / President Muhammadu Buhari’s Speech At The Inauguration Of The AFCFTA Committee / Yekini Nabena To INEC: You Have A Lot To Tell Nigerians On Bauchi Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.