Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement (25102 Views)

Ahmed Kuru Arrested, Detained By Anti-graft Agency, EFCC / Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru May Replace Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor / Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by FreeStuffsNG: 9:50am On Feb 23
Tinubu sacks Ahmed Kuru as AMCON CEO, names Gbenga Alade as replacement

President Bola Tinubu has sacked Ahmed Kuru, the managing director and chief executive officer (CEO) of Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON). He appointed Gbenga Alade as his replacement on Thursday.

This was disclosed in a statement by Ajuri Ngelale, special adviser to the President on media and publicity.

Tinubu also approved the appointment of a new management team for AMCON, pending their confirmation by the senate.

He appointed Aminu Ismail, Adeshola Lamidi, and Lucky Adaghe as AMCON executive directors.

“The President expects unflagging dedication, professionalism, and dutifulness from the new appointees so as to ensure that the operations of AMCON are more efficient, transparent, and in consonance with his determination to sanitize the nation’s financial system to maximize value and enhance investor confidence in the Nigerian economy,” Ngelale said.

Alade’s appointment cut short Kuru’s second term.

Kuru was first appointed AMCON MD by former president Muhammadu Buhari in August 2015.

After concluding his first term of five years, Kuru was reappointed in December 2020.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-tinubu-appoints-gbenga-alade-as-amcon-md/amp

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by FreeStuffsNG: 9:50am On Feb 23
Kuru was first appointed AMCON MD by former president Muhammadu Buhari in August 2015.

He already spent more than 8 years in office. I wish him all the best. I expect the winding down of AMCON to start with the new M.D. Gbenga Alade will do a great job to justify this appointment on merit. Congrats to him.

God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by Xscape1993(m): 9:50am On Feb 23
A confused drug master. Always doing the wrong things at the wrong time.

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by BOSSkesh(m): 9:54am On Feb 23
Nothing the jagaban does is ever wrong
Calculated move

Check my signature for free stuffs!!!!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by Ogiame: 9:55am On Feb 23
It is Yoruba's turn....

Buhari started Nepotism, Tinubu will finish it. grin

146 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by Hedonisco: 9:56am On Feb 23
Honestly this madness cannot continue. It can't.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by LagosG: 10:00am On Feb 23
Xscape1993:
A confused drug master. Always doing the wrong things at the wrong time.
When is the right time for reforms?
A lot of us are selfish. We have absolutely no plans for those yet unborn. 1st world countries had this in mind many years ago that's why you're all japaing there and there's accomodation for you.

What would be the fate of Nigerians 100 years from now if we don't take stringent measures as soon as possible? The rot is too deep. If we don't start now, then when?

For those quoting me, I can't say I blame you. Our country was founded on selfishness so you can't understand what I'm saying. By 2100, our population will pass 500million people. Generations of the Chinese, Soviets, Americans, British, Canadians, British, French, even Indians ati be be lo sacrificed so their country can be where it is today. Sacrifice/plans for future generations is not in our DNA. We don't care about them. Na only our own we care about. No nation has ever moved forward with this mindset.

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by Generation1: 10:01am On Feb 23
Tinubu at work….

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by slivertongue: 10:04am On Feb 23
must every key institution go to the South West?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by Frigga13: 10:10am On Feb 23
The Yoruba Government...

Buhari represented Arewa fully.. had appointments from .. Northwest, Northeast, North central.. and other Nigerians..

Yoruba called him nepotistic and tribal taking all to North.. forgetting it was Arewa turn to rule..

Now is the southern turn

They Yoruba people shouting southern unity .. has turn southerners to southwest Yoruba..

Southeast and south south minorities are pushed out..
.. is good , the North is not bothered.. they’ve gotten over this Yoruba reality and patiently waiting for the next turn it will get to them..
Their young politicians are keep note quietly.. they’re know for patience as farmers..

The Southwest that always scream on paper .. already known not to take half of what they comfortably give without qualms.. are the people in mixed.. for it will come to them soon.. as they’ve clearly exhausted all arsenal of opposition attack.

Na reason Yoruba peeps will keep shouting “ igbos will never rule Nigeria “ because they never grind beans ,e don Dey smell., .. fear!! Fear of receiving what they give to others..

Just like yesterday Buhari 8 years don waka and north has gone quiet

Someday igboman will be on that seat... hehehehehehehehehe..

Some will die before the actual dead.

Yoruba, should enjoy their government.. and make sure they allow others enjoy theirs when it’s time

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by ProudNigerian01: 10:10am On Feb 23
If He is competent and the best man for the job, I don't mind. Competence must never be sacrificed for tribalism or nepotism.

Meanwhile,

Please if you can spare a little for others, kindly do so, your friends, neighbours, strangers etc. People are really going through a lot right now.

Don't wait for them to come asking, give the little you can without expectation of reward.

Be an Angel to someone today and God will bless you richly:

Prov.11.25 - The generous soul will be made rich, And he who waters will also be watered himself.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by NairalandForumo: 10:11am On Feb 23
Frigga13:
The Yoruba Government...

At least they will not be able to blame Igbos for Tinubu's failure like they are blaming Emefiele for Buhari's failure...

LagosG:

A lot of us are selfish. We have absolutely no plans for those yet unborn. 1st world countries had this in mind many years ago that's why you're all japaing there and there's accomodation for you.

What would be the fate of Nigerians 100 years from now if we don't take stringent measures as soon as possible? The rot is too deep. If we don't start now, then when?

Which reform has Tinubu done?

You guys are really decieving yourselves...

32 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by PointZerom: 10:11am On Feb 23
grin

You have turned Nigeria to kindred meeting and you expect the economy to boom.
Ndi Ara.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 10:11am On Feb 23
Yoruba lokan, remove all the Fulanis and put your emilokan brothers even though they are all round pegs in square holes, e no concern you

27 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by ugodson(m): 10:11am On Feb 23
This man has been there for very long o. Immediately he left the bank i used to work as MD,thats when he became head AMCON. His Buhari's boy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by Olachase(m): 10:12am On Feb 23
Here go day hot now once they arrive

Enemies of Tinubu the man Don set another food on the table 😋😋

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by phemmie06(m): 10:12am On Feb 23
Must Southwest occupy all positions that has to do with money.

The foundation you're building on won't help.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by erai30(m): 10:12am On Feb 23
BAT don sack person papa, na to start submitting CV

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by nero2face: 10:12am On Feb 23
By the end of Tinubu 8yrs that yeye romance between Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba will surely go sour, am posting from Enugu come and beat me grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by Racoon(m): 10:12am On Feb 23
Nepotism continues

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by Bobotic(m): 10:12am On Feb 23
You go thief car wey you no sabi drive, now you are looking for whom to blame tongue

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by Look4success: 10:12am On Feb 23
Oya
Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:12am On Feb 23
Southern presidency

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by Oblitz(m): 10:13am On Feb 23
grin
Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by oluwaseyi0: 10:13am On Feb 23
Tinubu

Sacked north

Put Yoruba

Ignore east and south south

Same annoying Buhari behaviour

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by enemyofprogress: 10:13am On Feb 23
Very good. That's the way to go. Step on toes.

How I found myself in Nigeria isn't my problem, my problem is where was my Great Grandfather when they kidnapped his mates to America? 🤷🫣🫣

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by hodusglobal(m): 10:13am On Feb 23
Write a letter to the Presidency office to inform them
slivertongue:
must every key institution go to the South West?

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by nairalandankrah: 10:13am On Feb 23
Tinubu till 2060

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by Thinktwicemybro: 10:14am On Feb 23
Nepotism

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by DeepSight(m): 10:14am On Feb 23
LagosG:

If you sincerely believe that "the rot" in our Augean Stable can be cleansed by one of the most rotten men in the world you must be a joker.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by sukkot: 10:14am On Feb 23
cheesy
Re: Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement by Splashme: 10:14am On Feb 23
Tribalism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Tinubu Demystified The Cabal And Won The Hearts Of APC Members / Tribunal Compels INEC To Produce Adeleke’s Certificates / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Look-Alike (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.