Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,893 members, 7,810,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office (39971 Views)

Shiite Members Threw Back Tear Gas At Policemen And It Led To Shooting / Police Fire Tear Gas On Anti-tinubu Protesters In Lagos / Police Attempting To Kill Dino Melaye With Tear Gas In His House – Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by epainos: 8:25pm On Feb 23
santaclaws:
Just witnessing this right now... All because of cheap rice that's not even enough to go round 😒

It is believed that people queuing to buy the N10k rice got frustrated when the queue was too much and some of them pulled down the gate of the Nigerian customs. Still, I don't believe this justifies tear-gassing people, some of which were nursing mothers who came with their infants.

Two people have allegedly lost their lives as per news circulating around the customs office.

So, they should allow them to rush the officers and kill them. Right? If they can't use tear gas, what do you suggest?

Tear gas is used to control a wayward crowd. The barricade is the gate, and the moment it was pulled down, it means the crowd is ready to kill anyone to get what they want. So, the officers must defend themselves.

Is it not that custom office around the University of Lagos and MFM? Do you know how strong that gate is? grin
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by VinnyBaba: 8:25pm On Feb 23
Tinibu don finish this country Kpatakpata. embarassed undecided
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Fkmodhi: 8:26pm On Feb 23
Seun:
Teargas is justified when a crowd is out of control. Otherwise it could get worse and lead to deaths. It would've saved lives in 2020, 2023 Feb.
The custom did the right thing tbh, but they should have use live round because I don’t understand that stupid hunger that made them pulled down almighty Nigeria Customs gate 🤷‍♀️.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:27pm On Feb 23
Wetin concern me!

1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Ikpunekenwa(m): 8:29pm On Feb 23
Aliyu55:
WHEN IS THE PROTEST THAT WILL LEAD TO A REVOLUTION START IN NIGERIA?

Did you protest during buhari regime?

1 Like

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Lavor234: 8:31pm On Feb 23
Na so we go do this first term, from the economic and intellectual powerhouse to gassing and bambiala. Men the descent is scary, Niger and Benin Republic laughing @ us.we have become a cautionary tale to other nations

1 Like

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by futurehope81(m): 8:31pm On Feb 23
I dedicate Nigeria jajajajajajajaja by Eedris Abdulkareem to you all

1 Like

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by tonychristopher: 8:33pm On Feb 23
santaclaws:

This is what shows how ignorant most of you are.
I took the pictures myself, whilst I was in my vehicle, I personally saw an Igbo man sprayed with dirty water by the Customs and was unable to buy rice, several Igbos were there.

Yoruba, Igbo & Hausa folks were there but somehow you tribalists think you are free to insult everyone cos Obi didn't win despite the heavy Yoruba votes in Lagos.

Well, common sense isn't common after all.
na lie ..Lagos na yorubalamd

2 Likes

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Benwallt(m): 8:34pm On Feb 23
Aliyu55:

Who will and you now? Start it with your family and let's see how it goes
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Benzemma(m): 8:35pm On Feb 23
immortalcrown:
I don't fan the custom unit but I admit that average Nigerians abuse almost everything and make life difficult for themselves and for others.

Maybe custom had a good reason to teargas them. Maybe custom didn't have a good reason to do so.

Even though Nigerians abuse everything, but in this case it's not justifying tear gasing starved people scrambling for food. Some of them might have not eaten for a longer hour.
Inhaling tear gas on empty stomach can make someone without strength to collapse immediately!

1 Like

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by amaridigital(m): 8:37pm On Feb 23
Aliyu55:

It will happen when Obi become the president if eventually he can get there. Revolution will break up the nation. This I have seen.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by ABC101FF: 8:37pm On Feb 23
....on your mandate, on your mandate, on your mandate we shall stand!!!!!
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by IzuniUe: 8:40pm On Feb 23
No matter what
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by baby124: 8:40pm On Feb 23
They should have sold the rice by paint bucket not by bag. So it will go round.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by IzuniUe: 8:41pm On Feb 23
Which way Nigeria is heading to?
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Angelfrost(m): 8:43pm On Feb 23
This kain mandate wey una dey stand like this... Na wa o.

Someone outside go think say civil war dey happen for Naija.

How can a whole Giant of Africa be experiencing food shortages?!! Shameful!

1 Like

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by a4cube: 8:43pm On Feb 23
santaclaws:

This is what shows how ignorant most of you are.
I took the pictures myself, whilst I was in my vehicle, I personally saw an Igbo man sprayed with dirty water by the Customs and was unable to buy rice, several Igbos were there.

Yoruba, Igbo & Hausa folks were there but somehow you tribalists think you are free to insult everyone cos Obi didn't win despite the heavy Yoruba votes in Lagos.

Well, common sense isn't common after all.
You personally saw an Igbo man. Hahaha, you know the man before abi you dey que with am? From your vehicle you knew he was Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Ray369: 8:46pm On Feb 23
nedekid:

Guy, you know how far naa. This is naija. 20% will be sold, 80% will land in the open market. If you know you know..
Exactly the point...do you think they don't know what they are doing ? Those people there are still their people they called just to raise awareness that's why they teargas them to get this in the news that they've truly shared rice as they promised. Naija for show

2 Likes

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Menclothing: 8:48pm On Feb 23
The crowd was something else around 2pm and not coordinated
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Menclothing: 8:49pm On Feb 23
Benzemma:

Even though Nigerians abuse everything, but in this case it's not justifying tear gasing starved people scrambling for food. Some of them might have not eaten for a longer hour.
Inhaling tear gas on empty stomach can make someone without strength to collapse immediately!

People who came to pay 10k are starved people in Lagos lol
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by chidiokay: 8:54pm On Feb 23
CommonSense1967:
Did the Custom officers tear gas them for fun of because the people were behaving like animals? Even at the airport, Nigerians can take simple instructions that's why many foreign airline staff are rude yo Nigerians.

But when these same Nigerians go abroad, the way dey conform to civility go shock you

even at the embassy you will think all Nigerians are Obedient

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Afolabimills(m): 8:55pm On Feb 23
Aliyu55:
ask goggle
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:58pm On Feb 23
Crimecity:

If this is happening in Abia or Imo, what will you call the people ?

The last time I checked, you all said Lagos is Yoruba land. Has that changed?
I thought you said Igbos own almost all the land in Lagos. Has that changed?

1 Like

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by IbrahimSkiba(f): 8:59pm On Feb 23
immortalcrown:
I don't fan the custom unit but I admit that average Nigerians abuse almost everything and make life difficult for themselves and for others.

Maybe custom had a good reason to teargas them. Maybe custom didn't have a good reason to do so.

Maybe maybe, you are not sure
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by immortalcrown(m): 9:01pm On Feb 23
IbrahimSkiba:
Maybe maybe, you are not sure
Are you sure of any one?
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by lukency(m): 9:02pm On Feb 23
Them no no say na so eegobi before investing hungry people.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by DaTruths: 9:05pm On Feb 23
Keep the Ebin pawa very powered.

Hunger go kpai many grin

Many more to go

1 Like

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by DaTruths: 9:06pm On Feb 23
Aliyu55:

Unless igbos join, unfortunately they stand with Tinibu cheesy
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Solofresh2: 9:07pm On Feb 23
Seun:
Teargas is justified when a crowd is out of control. Otherwise it could get worse and lead to deaths. It would've saved lives in 2020, 2023 Feb.
So the west teargas at its citizens because there is a crowd of people?
Oga this your comment no follow abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Pootle: 9:14pm On Feb 23
Aliyu55:

watch o make dem govt no carry u cool
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by santaclaws: 9:19pm On Feb 23
a4cube:
You personally saw an Igbo man. Hahaha, you know the man before abi you dey que with am? From your vehicle you knew he was Igbo.

Because he was putting on an Igbo attire. He wore Isiagu and curved shoes to collect 10k rice...

Ikemefuna don tire for everyday akpu. 😂😂😂

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Bhol28: 9:19pm On Feb 23
Jajasabali:
Hopefully some Nigerians don't see this good gesture as a business opportunity
They will,Some Naija citizens are greedy and callous,they will arrange to buy as much as possible and still hoard it to resell at outrageous prices.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top APC Politicians, Thousands of Supporters Join PDP (Pictures) / Reactions At House On The Rock As The Major Parties Were Mentioned / Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.