Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office (39982 Views)

Shiite Members Threw Back Tear Gas At Policemen And It Led To Shooting / Police Fire Tear Gas On Anti-tinubu Protesters In Lagos / Police Attempting To Kill Dino Melaye With Tear Gas In His House – Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by santaclaws: 4:29pm On Feb 23
Just witnessing this right now... All because of cheap rice that's not even enough to go round πŸ˜’

It is believed that people queuing to buy the N10k rice got frustrated when the queue was too much and some of them pulled down the gate of the Nigerian customs. Still, I don't believe this justifies tear-gassing people, some of which were nursing mothers who came with their infants.

Two people have allegedly lost their lives as per news circulating around the customs office.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Seunpapa65: 4:37pm On Feb 23
Jesus cause of rice person go die

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by immortalcrown(m): 4:38pm On Feb 23
I don't fan the custom unit but I admit that average Nigerians abuse almost everything and make life difficult for themselves and for others.

Put away sentiment and the ill feeling about Tinubu's regime, if you have served Nigerians in things that require them to queue, you will understand how impatient and crazy they can be in such situations.

Maybe custom had a good reason to teargas them. Maybe custom didn't have a good reason to do so.

250 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by vibrogazmo(m): 4:39pm On Feb 23
WahalaΒ²

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Jajasabali(m): 4:43pm On Feb 23
Hopefully some Nigerians don't see this good gesture as a business opportunity

6 Likes

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Aliyu55: 4:43pm On Feb 23
WHEN IS THE PROTEST THAT WILL LEAD TO A REVOLUTION START IN NIGERIA?

121 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by ZaddyJ: 4:45pm On Feb 23
Nigeria jagajaga

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Uyi168: 4:48pm On Feb 23
This particular mandate dey choke.
grin

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by matify83: 4:50pm On Feb 23
Why?
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Massiveglory: 4:51pm On Feb 23
These Soldiers sweating profusely should tell you the story.
Even with their uniforms , see the sweat they went through to get one bag

15 Likes

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by GanagiBitrus: 4:51pm On Feb 23
Just knew that selling of cheap rice to public will cause wahala. So much hunger & anger in the land.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by matify83: 4:52pm On Feb 23
Why?

The news is very scanty of details but I can see pictures of military men carrying bags I guess will be of rice.

6 Likes

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Glimpsetv: 4:55pm On Feb 23
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by PointZerom: 5:01pm On Feb 23
Deceivers.
You seized someone's goods and sold it at cheaper rate to another.

You can't sell your dog and buy a monkey without expecting a squatting animal in your house.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by xynerise: 5:09pm On Feb 23
They have turn people to "Bambiala" and nothing cheap comes easy in this case. Teargassed because you want to survive.

Seems like famine during a war undecided. We have never had it this bad

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by RepoMan007: 5:28pm On Feb 23
PointZerom:
Deceivers.
You seized someone's goods and sold it at cheaper rate to another.

You can't sell your dog and buy a monkey without expecting a squatting animal in your house.
smuggled goods get seized and destroyed all the time. Why are you pained?

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Googledotcom: 5:44pm On Feb 23
What a national shame !

21 Likes

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:49pm On Feb 23
From flogging to teargassing

Things are getting better

30 Likes

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by SoNature(m): 6:00pm On Feb 23
Despite the population of Nigeria, Nigerian security operatives don't understand anything about crowd control.

Everyone must be mindful of attending any events that involved armed men in Nigeria because it doesn't always end well.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by nurric(m): 6:06pm On Feb 23
I believe by now Peter has learnt his lessons. 8 more years to Jagaban the master strategist. Na for your mandate we stan gidigba

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:08pm On Feb 23
Crimecity:

Yoruba people don suffer well well for Tinupoo handπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Despite Awa lokan
How are you able to know they are all Yorubas

17 Likes

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Houseontherock1: 6:17pm On Feb 23
Crimecity:

Yoruba people don suffer well well for Tinupoo handπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Despite Awa lokan
In your mind now, only Yoruba people are there? You are so shallow and delusional

23 Likes

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Crimecity: 6:20pm On Feb 23
Houseontherock1:

In your mind now, only Yoruba people are there? You are so shallow and delusional

I thought you all said Lagos belongs to only Yorubas?

If this is happening in Abia or Imo will this be your response?

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Crimecity: 6:21pm On Feb 23
Agbegbaorogboye:

How are you able to know they are all Yorubas

If this is happening in Abia or Imo, what will you call the people ?

The last time I checked, you all said Lagos is Yoruba land. Has that changed?

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Oghene86: 6:50pm On Feb 23
santaclaws:
Just witnessing this right now... All because of cheap rice that's not even enough to go round πŸ˜’

It is believed that people queuing to buy the N10k rice got frustrated when the queue was too much and some of them pulled down the gate of the Nigerian customs. Still, I don't believe this justifies tear-gassing people, some of which were nursing mothers who came with their infants.

Two people have allegedly lost their lives as per news circulating around the customs office.

Cc: seun nlfpmod mynd44
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by SIXFEETUNDER: 6:58pm On Feb 23
Them fit loot that place

2 Likes

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Againstallodds: 7:16pm On Feb 23
Some people are still recovering from the deep pain of mpawa Azu inflicted on them while dragging 300 hundred bread. Now Nigeria customs have added tear gas on their eyes. This Nigeria na animal kingdom walahi

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Saintinoo(m): 7:27pm On Feb 23
santaclaws:

Cc: seun nlfpmod mynd44

Hahahaha,I can't stop laughing, just imagine what these people have turned the country to, Nigeria is now a fucking laughing stock.

Hahaha, abeg make I laugh, IDPs in their own homes.

5 Likes

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by santaclaws: 7:39pm On Feb 23
Saintinoo:

Hahahaha,I can't stop laughing, just imagine what these people have turned the country to, Nigeria is now a fucking laughing stock.

Hahaha, abeg make I laugh, IDPs in their own homes.

Don't make fun of anyone. Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas were there... In fact, you don't know if the allegedly dead persons were Igbo.

If you throw a stone into the marketplace it might hit your family member. Be careful with your words. Shalom. ✌🏾

13 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Out To Truncate Democracy - Governor Ganduje / Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 / Enugu Governmet Accuses Flavour, Phyno Of Collecting N78m From Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.