Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate (15387 Views)

Edo Tribunal: Obaseki, Shaibu, PDP Evade Service Of Petitions / Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition / Oshiomhole: We Won’t Lose Edo State If Obaseki Leaves APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by Kuginzi: 9:19pm On Feb 23
The Deputy Governor of Edo State, Philip Shaibu, has warned the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that failure to accept him as its candidate in the State governorship election will spell doom for the party in the state.

Asue Ighodalo won the PDP primary at Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin City on Thursday; Philip Shaibu won the parallel election at a different venue.

Speaking on the development on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily on Friday, Shuaibu maintained that he is the authentic candidate of the party for the September 21 election, saying that Edo people do not want Ighodalo whom he said is not homeboy.

“The option is for the PDP not to go and argue against my candidacy, if they do that PDP will lose Edo State. Edo people do not want Asue Ighodalo to be the governor of Edo State because he is not a homeboy they know.

“They are looking for someone that they know, somebody they can feel, somebody they can touch. PDP has a date with history, delegates have spoken that they want Shuaibu and I can bet you that the other eight aspirants will support Shuaibu if they party back him.

"If the party decides to join us in court to argue for Ighodalo then PDP then winning Edo State for PDP will be shaky because Asue will not be accepted by the people,” Shaibu said.

The deputy governor faulted the primary that produced Ighodalo, saying that it was organised by the state party executive instead of the national executive of the party.

He claimed that members of the state executive and the governor are supporters of Ighodalo and therefore were not going to conduct an unbiased election.

Shaibu insisted that he was elected by the authentic delegates of the party in the state.

“I was elected by the authentic delegates, what is key is who are those that elected the governor’s preferred candidate Asue and who are those that elected Philip Shaibu? I think in the coming days we will know who among them are authentic,” he said.

Shaibu also said his relationship with Governor Godwin Obaseki is not the best at the moment, suggesting that his governorship ambition could be the reason behind the strained relationship with the governor.

” My relationship with the governor(Obaseki) is not cordial…I have tried calling him and he doesn’t pick up my calls. I greet him at public functions and he doesn’t answer me.

Not Worried About Shaibu’

Meanwhile, Ighodalo, who emerged as the candidate in the other primary on Thursday, said he is not worried about the emergence of Shaibu as a parallel flagbearer for the party.

Despite the seeming confusion, Ighodalo is not bothered, hinging his resolve on the law.

“We went through the proper process. I’m not worried about Philip Shaibu’s emergence as a parallel candidate,” he said on Thursday’s edition of Channels Television’s Politics Today hours after his declaration as the winner of the exercise.

“The National Working Committee (NWC) did everything in accordance with the rule of law. From what I have seen, due process was followed. That some people did not agree with it does not mean it is not the right process.”

Ighodalo, a financial expert, beat nine other aspirants to emerge as the PDP candidate for the September 24 election in the South-South state.

.https://www.channelstv.com/2024/02/23/pdp-will-lose-edo-state-if-they-dont-accept-me-as-candidate-shaibu/

4 Likes

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by AllTheWayUp: 9:20pm On Feb 23
Edo people do not want Asue Ighodalo to be the governor of Edo State because he is not a homeboy they know.

“They are looking for someone that they know, somebody they can feel, somebody they can touch. PDP has a date with history, delegates have spoken that they want Shuaibu and I can bet you that the other eight aspirants will support Shuaibu if they party back him.

"If the party decides to join us in court to argue for Ighodalo then PDP then winning Edo State for PDP will be shaky because Asue will not be accepted by the people,” Shaibu said.

grin grin grin
Confused Shaibu

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by LibertyRep: 9:21pm On Feb 23
Accept your like you won the primary?

Shaibu ought to have seen the handwriting on the wall by now.

I doubt it he can really team up with APC now as they have own internal problems. Seems Osho has been given a bloodied nose.

Perhaps he will join Akpata's train.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by Bigboytinz: 9:23pm On Feb 23
Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by Truths9ja: 9:24pm On Feb 23
Kuginzi:
By Donatus Anichukwueze

The Deputy Governor of Edo State, Philip Shaibu, has warned the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that failure to accept him as its candidate in the State governorship election will spell doom for the party in the state.

Asue Ighodalo won the PDP primary at Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin City on Thursday; Philip Shaibu won the parallel election at a different venue.

Speaking on the development on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily on Friday, Shuaibu maintained that he is the authentic candidate of the party for the September 21 election, saying that Edo people do not want Ighodalo whom he said is not homeboy.

“The option is for the PDP not to go and argue against my candidacy, if they do that PDP will lose Edo State. Edo people do not want Asue Ighodalo to be the governor of Edo State because he is not a homeboy they know.

The deputy governor faulted the primary that produced Ighodalo, saying that it was organised by the state party executive instead of the national executive of the party.

He claimed that members of the state executive and the governor are supporters of Ighodalo and therefore were not going to conduct an unbiased election.

Shaibu insisted that he was elected by the authentic delegates of the party in the state.

“I was elected by the authentic delegates, what is key is who are those that elected the governor’s preferred candidate Asue and who are those that elected Philip Shaibu? I think in the coming days we will know who among them are authentic,” he said.

Shaibu also said his relationship with Governor Godwin Obaseki is not the best at the moment, suggesting that his governorship ambition could be the reason behind the strained relationship with the governor.

” My relationship with the governor(Obaseki) is not cordial…I have tried calling him and he doesn’t pick up my calls. I greet him at public functions and he doesn’t answer me
clueless attention seeker, he’s looking for attention here

4 Likes

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by NaMe4: 9:32pm On Feb 23
Crase

The deputy governor faulted the primary that produced Ighodalo, saying that it was organised by the state party executive instead of the national executive of the party

Never knew the governors of Zamfara and Delta were part of Edo State party executives.

Something's definitely wrong with this guy.

The NWC even published names of delegates in 2 National dailies.

This guy na clown abeg. E good as he show which kain pesin e be.

Days of agbero politics by semi-educated touts are over in Edo.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by shuttox: 9:35pm On Feb 23
Edo no be Lagos

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by JASONjnr(m): 9:36pm On Feb 23
Edo state might just make the biggest mistake of their life by giving power to APC as their governor.

Nothing good comes out of APC....

Oshiomole doing everything possible to abolish zoning in elections because Yeye Bello did. Forgetting that, Kogi had had a governor from a particular tribe for so many years before luck shines on the other tribe...

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by Forumites: 9:43pm On Feb 23
I deeply know this man and what he can do!!! Oshiomhole is still his brother and he has started saying that elections are not won by the region you belong to. I know Philip.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by JASONjnr(m): 9:45pm On Feb 23
Ola9ja23:

Nothing good comes out of APC yet millions of IPOBidients are in the Lagos enjoying dividends of democracy running away from Apga, PDP, LP party states from SE 😂😂🤣😀😀🤣

Are you saying that APC gave birth to democracy?

Because Lagos was built during the military era and was one time the capital of Nigeria and there was little or no politicians then.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by Jostoman: 11:06pm On Feb 23
Shaibu please work with your party o

1 Like

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by favor914: 1:13am On Feb 24
Truths9ja:
clueless attention seeker, he’s looking for attention here
Like Gringory Obi?

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by commoditiesnig: 4:15am On Feb 24
Hmm political battle has begun
Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by onatisi(m): 4:21am On Feb 24
Kuginzi:
By Donatus Anichukwueze

“We went through the proper process. I’m not worried about Philip Shaibu’s emergence as a parallel candidate,” he said on Thursday’s edition of Channels Television’s Politics Today hours after his declaration as the winner of the exercise.

“The National Working Committee (NWC) did everything in accordance with the rule of law. From what I have seen, due process was followed. That some people did not agree with it does not mean it is not the right process.”

.https://www.channelstv.com/2024/02/23/pdp-will-lose-edo-state-if-they-dont-accept-me-as-candidate-shaibu/
I don't understand Nigerian politicians or politics sef. Why would the nwc come from Abuja to conduct a state governorship primary without liaising and working with the state chapter of the party ? Are they not supposed to be at the same venue ? It seems all these confusion is either intentionally generated to make PDP lose and state

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by Paraman: 5:08am On Feb 24
JASONjnr:

Are you saying that APC gave birth to democracy?

Because Lagos was built during the military era and was one time the capital of Nigeria and there was little or no politicians then.
Lagos was not built during the military era, get your facts right. Lagos has been existing before Nigeria was created.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by policy12: 6:14am On Feb 24
Trust any naija politicians at your own peril, about four years ago every one on the social media were screaming "Edo no be Lagos" and most ppu even think the outgoing gov will do better bcuz of the fist with him and Osho. On this platform he won Edo gov seat, but tell me what he did diff, what is that spectacular projects he brought to Edo state?

Those ppu screaming on top of their voices Edo no be Lagos, Apc this and APC that suddenly lose their voices and no one is calling to put the gov under check bcuz he's not an APC. Imagine if it was the APC candidate that win the election then, so many critics and bloggers wont allow us rest. Gov Adeleke, of Osun state same thing, almost two years in office no policy from him or any eyes popping project.

I am tired of naija politicians, most times they speaks for their self and use divide and rule to ridicule the masses.

Naija ppu we need to learn lesson, we all seem to be interested with the Fed or who becomour Presido, we seem to careless about our state gov or politics.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by LEGALSER: 6:17am On Feb 24
Kuginzi:
By Donatus Anichukwueze

” My relationship with the governor(Obaseki) is not cordial…I have tried calling him and he doesn’t pick up my calls. I greet him at public functions and he doesn’t answer me.

Not Worried About Shaibu’
Meanwhile, Ighodalo, who emerged as the candidate in the other primary on Thursday, said he is not worried about the emergence of Shaibu as a parallel flagbearer for the party.

Despite the seeming confusion, Ighodalo is not bothered, hinging his resolve on the law.

Ighodalo, a financial expert, beat nine other aspirants to emerge as the PDP candidate for the September 24 election in the South-South state.

Very senseless statement from a senseless individual.
Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by Cassandraloius: 7:05am On Feb 24
Look who is talking 😂😏
Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by maasoap(m): 7:08am On Feb 24
Loser grin grin grin
Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by BrighterSyde: 7:11am On Feb 24
JASONjnr:
Edo state might just make the biggest mistake of their life by giving power to APC as their governor.

Nothing good comes out of APC....

Oshiomole doing everything possible to abolish zoning in elections because Yeye Bello did. Forgetting that, Kogi had had a governor from a particular tribe for so many years before luck shines on the other tribe...

What is the difference btw pdp and apc?

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by Fiscus105(m): 7:12am On Feb 24
You are out of race already.

Oga, go home and lick your wound.

1 Like

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by Nawa4nl: 7:13am On Feb 24
Once APShit no win, I'm okay

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by Ara21(f): 7:16am On Feb 24
Even if PDP accept you they will still lose, nobody even wants you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by Greenfusion: 7:16am On Feb 24
Paraman:
Lagos was not built during the military era, get your facts right. Lagos has been existing before Nigeria was created.
Did Tinubu exist b4 Nigeria was created?......I thought Tinubu built Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by Pristine664: 7:24am On Feb 24
Shuaibu is the authentic candidate of PDP

He's on the right side of law.

3 Likes

Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by FaradayIQ: 7:26am On Feb 24
I respect this man for his role in the re-election of Godwin Obaseki but I don't like this his over desperation for power.
Re: Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate by MVLOX(m): 7:29am On Feb 24
Baba hold your L well and shift to the side

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Begin Export Of Farm Produce / Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party / Soludo: Why Obiano Supported Me To Become Anambra Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.