Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room (3611 Views)

Robber Begs For His Life As Angry Man Uses Machete On Him After Being Nabbed.PIC / Mother Goes Topless, Family Mourns As Cultists Kill Man In Benin. Graphic Photos / FRSC Officials Beg In Anambra As Angry Mob Beats Them After Motor Accident (2) (3) (4)

Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by IzunnaOkafor(m): 11:12pm On Feb 23
By Izunna Okafor, Awka

It was a heartrending incident in Lakewood, Colorado, as a 34-year-old man, Christopher Ward lost his life after being bitten by his pet lizard (Gila monster), named Winston.

The deceased was said to have fought for his dear life for days on a ventilator before eventually succumbing to the venomous bite of the lizard.

Although the details surrounding Christopher's tragic end are still being examined by officials in Jefferson County, it was gathered that the girlfriend of the deceased, when she opened the door to his room after several ignored knocks, discovered the lizard clamped onto his hand, leading to a series of severe symptoms, including vomiting and unconsciousness.

In the aftermath of the devastating event, Christopher's girlfriend reportedly handed over his boyfriend's two pet lizards (named Winston and Potato) over to Lakewood Animal Control. Additionally, she also angrily relocated more than two dozen spiders of various species his boyfriend was keeping in his home as pets.

Investigations revealed that owning the Gila monsters lizard was against the law in Lakewood. The lizard was acquired from a reptile exhibition in Denver in October, while the other one (named Potato) came from a breeder in Arizona in November. After Christopher's tragic death, the two lizards were sent to Reptile Gardens in South Dakota by the Colorado Department of Natural Resources, while the spiders found new homes in an animal shelter.

According to research, although that specie of lizard known as Gila monsters, are typically not deadly, they possess venom that can cause significant harm.

As at the time of filing this report, investigations are still ongoing to uncover the exact circumstances surrounding Christopher's untimely demise in the hands of his exotic lizard, even as his girlfriend continues to mourn and battle the emotions occasioned by the unfortunate incident.

Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by TINTINABULATION(m): 11:16pm On Feb 23
For development like this, Africans, particularly Nigerians, have a peculiar way of reasoning.

Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by immortalcrown(m): 11:19pm On Feb 23
Jesu!
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by jetwonder(m): 11:34pm On Feb 23
Na him village people kill am!
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by Wawelexy(m): 11:38pm On Feb 23
Those two lizards are innocent, they should interrogate that lady very well...

Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by matify83: 12:02am On Feb 24
The boyfriend was a weirdo.

Keeping lizards and spiders for what?

Spiders!!

It was an accident that would have happened anyways.

Why do I have the feeling that it was "potato" that bit and killed him.

Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by Caramia2020(m): 1:51am On Feb 24
Lizard? Hmmm I don't know what to say.

Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by okosodo: 2:12am On Feb 24
The kind news wen we dey hear ehn
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by gabmanuel(m): 2:39am On Feb 24
Does bite from lizards kill??

When I was younger, I witnessed a lizard bite someone, and the guy is still alive and healthy now, and was never sick from the lizard's bite.
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by 2shure: 2:47am On Feb 24
Just like saying rat bite
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by wrongman665(m): 3:17am On Feb 24
Wawelexy:
Those two lizards are innocent, they should interrogate that lady very well...
i don't trust woman.

Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by balaclava: 6:21am On Feb 24
A woman is more dangerous than those animals and insects.

The girlfriend is my number 1 suspect. She possibly manipulated the animals.

There is a reason why they say "Fear woman" like the one in this link

https://www.nairaland.com/8010255/jealous-19-yr-old-girl-run-after

Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by MVLOX(m): 7:48am On Feb 24
See as e use e own hand take buy wetin kill am....
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by tuzle(m): 8:20am On Feb 24
gabmanuel:

When I was younger, I witnessed a lizard bite someone, and the guy is still alive and healthy now, and was never sick from the lizard's bite.
the lizard is a venomous one. If u read the post, u would see the species there.

Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by Cassandraloius: 8:43am On Feb 24
Hmmm... A woman was there, she's even the bigger suspect here.
But is that guy normal for keeping those reptiles as pet?
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by Mikespecialone(m): 8:51am On Feb 24
gabmanuel:

they possess venom that can cause significant harm.

Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by dclak112: 8:56am On Feb 24
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by alpharoyalty: 9:13am On Feb 24
Gila monster lizards are dangerous, unpredictable, and venomous.
I heard he kept them as pets illegally.
RIP to the man.

Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by DonXavi(m): 9:20am On Feb 24
These white people are most times weird and crazy. I visited one of my friends in New York who shared the house with one white guy, in their living room the white guy has some glass cages like aquarium with different species of snakes in them. I was like, how can a normal human being be comfortably sleeping and waking up in the same space with those dangerous reptiles, it beats my imagination!

Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by BRATISLAVA: 9:23am On Feb 24
This is the most misleading image and title.

The lizard pictured isn't a Gila monster, one of which is the culprit in this story.
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by Intelguru(m): 9:27am On Feb 24
Thorough forensics is the solution here.
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by Anguldi(m): 9:33am On Feb 24
Gila Monster, Venomous reptile shocked

Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by Nairalander248: 11:55am On Feb 24
TINTINABULATION:
For development like this, Africans, particularly Nigerians, have a peculiar way of reasoning.

This your name funny abeg, and na 2018 you registered, did you know Nigeria will get tinubulated?
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by dante12412(m): 12:04pm On Feb 24
DonXavi:
These white people are most times weird and crazy. I visited one of my friends in New York who shared the house with one white guy, in their living room the white guy has some glass cages like aquarium with different species of snakes in them. I was like, how can a normal human being be comfortably sleeping and waking up in the same space with those dangerous reptiles, it beats my imagination!

Some are quite spiritual, one can never see it with the naked eyes, reasons why it will keep on beating ur imaginations wotoporously hands down.

You Get the point nw, if u don't Gerrit then 4get abourit. grin grin
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by Nicepoker(m): 1:48pm On Feb 24
Innocent lizard. grin
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by Reelmii: 4:35pm On Feb 24
Hmm...
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by Vecta5: 4:45pm On Feb 24
This kind death no de pain me. They had it coming.

I watched one about a girl that was keeping Gabon viper and several other snakes as pet, the dad had to tell her to leave the house. Since she was not ready to part with the snakes.

She moved out with the mindset that nobody understood her and that she was a professional.

Months later d boyfriend had to go check on her cos she was not picking calls. Found her dead.

Wetin kill am, Gabon viper.

Even that guy in snakes in the city.... Make I no talk.

Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by BigYash: 7:34am On Feb 25
Where trouble dey sleep,the late dude go wake am..
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by madfind: 10:33pm On Feb 25
gabmanuel:

read the story n not just headline
Re: Girlfriend Mourns, As Angry Lizard Bites Man To Death In His Room by Chibuzoripob: 2:19am On Feb 26
sad the white and their weird lifestyle. U kill that beast now, same nuts will call police on u.Small thing,POLICE sad.And those ones will race to arrest u

See Why This Nigerian Woman Was Stripped Na . Ked And Beaten – Bloody In India / Hermaphrodite Disgraced In Sapele (delta State) - Jungle Justice! / Video: Chilling Robbery Attack At Zenith Bank Owerri That Killed One