Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man (423 Views)

Let The Dead Bury The Dead (What Jesus Actually Meant?) / Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? / The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by EreluRoz: 9:01am On Feb 24
As seen on facebook

Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by EreluRoz: 9:02am On Feb 24
Where is MaxInDHouse 😆

Pastor johnw47

Achorladey

If Jesus never preached about religion but strictly about God and not to associate anything with Him, it's the same thing Islam preaches, so where did the idea of religion emanated from?

He said Trinity is manmade, I have somehow never believed in this trinity thing though.
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by Tallesty1(m): 9:11am On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
Where is MaxInDHouse 😆

Pastor johnw47

Achorladey

If Jesus never preached about religion but strictly about God and not to associate anything with Him, it's the same thing Islam preaches, so where did the idea of religion emanated from?

He said Trinity is manmade
Judaism was Jesus' religion.
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by EreluRoz: 9:13am On Feb 24
Tallesty1:
Then how did Christianity and Trinity started?
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:25am On Feb 24
Baby girl how are you doing?

I told you that there's a lot people are missing when JWs knock on their doors.

Jesus taught two things:

Spirituality~personal relationship with the true God. Matthew 6:6
Religion~brotherhood of peace loving people. Matthew 18:20; John 13:34-35

So if anyone miss out in any of these two he or she can't be a friend/disciple of Jesus of Nazareth!
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by Tallesty1(m): 9:26am On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
Then how did Christianity and Trinity started?
Jesus was born into a Jewish family and he learned the Torah while growing up. If he hadn't practiced Judaism, his enemies would have had enough evidence to accuse him earlier than they did.

He boldly challenged them in John 8:46 by asking, "Can any of you prove me guilty of sin?"

However, he fulfilled the law and established a new covenant. It was the unbelieving Jews who forced early Christians to break free from Judaism.

Ultimately, regardless of how one may choose to interpret it, Christianity is a religion.

Don't wanna delve into Trinity, my knowledge is limited.
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:34am On Feb 24
Tallesty1:

Judaism wasn't Jesus' religion!

Judaism was the result of Jewish captivity in a foreign land (Babylon) after they returned to Judah most people came back with Babylonian mythology and since they've been devastated they began mixing Babylonian and Greek philosophy with the Mosaic laws.
That's why Jesus was always at loggerhead with Judaists because they weren't practicing what Moses handed over to them, if they do surely they will realize that John the baptist has come to prepare the way for the promised Messiah just as Moses wrote {Deuteronomy 18:18-19} but as Judaism is a mixture of divers mythology they were confused hence they killed the savior God promised them.

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by EreluRoz: 9:54am On Feb 24
MaxInDHouse:
Baby girl how are you doing?

I told you that there's a lot people are missing when JWs knock on their doors.

Jesus taught two things:

Spirituality~personal relationship with the true God. Matthew 6:6
Religion~brotherhood of peace loving people. Matthew 18:20; John 13:34-35

So if anyone miss out in any of these two he or she can't be a friend/disciple of Jesus of Nazareth!
I'm fine

I think Reno is a JW he sounded like one. He always counter the views of other Christians
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by Tallesty1(m): 9:55am On Feb 24
MaxInDHouse:

Judaism wasn't Jesus' religion!

Judaism was the result of Jewish captivity in a foreign land (Babylon) after they returned to Judah most people came back with Babylonian mythology and since they've been devastated they began mixing Babylonian and Greek philosophy with the Mosaic laws.
That's why Jesus was always at loggerhead with Judaists because they weren't practicing what Moses handed over to them, if they do surely they will realize that John the baptist has come to prepare the way for the promised Messiah just as Moses wrote {Deuteronomy 18:18-19} but as Judaism is a mixture of divers mythology they were confused hence they killed the savior God promised them.
Not comparing myself with Jesus, but I disagree with many teachings of Nigerian pastors and that does not mean that I am not a Christian.

Jesus was at loggerheads with them because they preach one thing and do another. A good example was Jesus' arrest and trial. It didn't follow the laid-down rules in Judaism.

He taught in synagogues, attended religious gatherings, observed the Passover, observed the Feast of Tabernacles, etc so he is Judaist.

He was harsh against his own religion's leaders because they taught man-made laws as if they were God's own. E no pass like that

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:19am On Feb 24
Tallesty1:

Not comparing myself with Jesus, but I disagree with many teachings of Nigerian pastors and that does not mean that I am not a Christian.

Jesus was at loggerheads with them because they preach one thing and do another. A good example was Jesus' arrest and trial. It didn't follow the laid-down rules in Judaism.

He taught in synagogues, attended religious gatherings, observed the Passover, observed the Feast of Tabernacles, etc so he is Judaist.

He was harsh against his own religion's leaders because they taught man-made laws as if they were God's own. E no pass like that

The so called man-made laws are the ideas they got from Babylonian mythology and Greek philosophy.
Judaism means the religion of the inhabitants of Judah.
The religion Moses handed over to Israelites totally differs from Judaism that's why the Northern Israelites of Jesus' day known back then as Samaritans disagreed with Jews.
The one and only thing the Jews has back then was Solomon's temple (renovated) but if we're to talk about what Moses handed over to the Israelites it totally differs from Judaism.

So why did John and Jesus worship in the temple?
Because it has God's approval the messenger of the covenant (Christ) must come in there to correct the blunders of God's people but after Killing the Christ the temple lost it's spiritual values! Matthew 27:51

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by achorladey: 10:42am On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
Where is MaxInDHouse 😆

Pastor johnw47

Achorladey

He said Trinity is manmade, I have somehow never believed in this trinity thing though.

No disturb yourself over a non issue....

If Jesus never preached about religion

It is not a case of if. The first thing you need to understand here is worship and religion are used interchangeably sometimes. Oya Jesus wetin you talk about this matter...

Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

James you dey among Jesus disciples, wetin you think....

Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

but strictly about God and not to associate anything with Him,

Not to associate anything with him like....

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

When God said the above through Micah was he talking from the aspect of one being a Christian, a Muslim, a Trinitarian? grin grin grin grin

it's the same thing Islam preaches, so where did the idea of religion emanated from?

You should understand that all these religious organization and their beliefs have similarities. Start separating shadows and face reality.

He said Trinity is manmade, I have somehow never believed in this trinity thing though

Another non issue, thousands of concept have been developed using the bible and other religious books. Is Reno the first person to say trinity is man made? Does your belief in trinity or not negate the statements in John 4:22,23 James 1:27 Micah 6:8. Stop chasing shadows grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by achorladey: 10:44am On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
I'm fine

I think Reno is a JW he sounded like one. He always counter the views of other Christians

Still chasing shadows about Reno grin grin. The day Reno post something Jehovah’s witnesses don't accept come back and tell us he is a Buddhist.
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by EreluRoz: 10:53am On Feb 24
achorladey:

Still chasing shadows about Reno grin grin. The day Reno post something Jehovah’s witnesses don't accept come back and tell us he is a Buddhist.
Reno speaks fact most of the time, you'll agree with me on that
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by EreluRoz: 10:57am On Feb 24
achorladey:

No disturb yourself over a non issue....

It is not a case of if. The first thing you need to understand here is worship and religion are used interchangeably sometimes. Oya Jesus wetin you talk about this matter...

Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

James you dey among Jesus disciples, wetin you think....

Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Not to associate anything with him like....

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

When God said the above through Micah was he talking from the aspect of one being a Christian, a Muslim, a Trinitarian? grin grin grin grin

You should understand that all these religious organization and their beliefs have similarities. Start separating shadows and face reality.

Another non issue, thousands of concept have been developed using the bible and other religious books. Is Reno the first person to say trinity is man made? Does your belief in trinity or not negate the statements in John 4:22,23 James 1:27 Micah 6:8. Stop chasing shadows grin grin grin grin

This pastor rapper 😆.

Religion is deep and can be confusing and there's always a verse in the Bible to back anything up which makes it more confusing sometimes
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:42am On Feb 24
EreluRoz:

I'm fine
NO he's not but when they have studied the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses their thinking changes.
For instance Ibrahim Babangida is a Muslim but he has read many of our publications that's why he was fair to all regarding religion.
So after studying the Bible with JWs you will see all the flaws of religious title chiefs and the regard you have for them will diminish!
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by Emusan(m): 12:50pm On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
If Jesus never preached about religion

Using dictionary, one will simply understand the meaning of religion.

Though many people have come to say even Christianity isn't a religion, likewise Islam.

but strictly about God and not to associate anything with Him, it's the same thing Islam preaches, so where did the idea of religion emanated from?

The thing is, unless one rejected many statements from the Bible only then one will reject Trinity which means you can't claim to agree with ALL what the Bible says then reject the Trinity.

Or if you have problem with the word Trinity then choose whatever to call it because Bible described Jesus as ETERNAL, likewise the Holy Spirit.
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by achorladey: 12:57pm On Feb 24
EreluRoz:

The bold is different from all the time. The day you hear and know Reno is not speaking the fact, bring it here.
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by achorladey: 1:04pm On Feb 24
[quote author=EreluRoz post=128621097] This pastor rapper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by EreluRoz: 2:41pm On Feb 24
achorladey:

And you are chasing Reno shadows to add more to the confusion in place in the words of Da grin....

Reno is telling you more A maa fi Rap wrap yin yipo ęsę yin o ni balę he will wrap you fit his facts and your legs will not touch the ground regarding religion grin grin grin
Always giving the Moses blizz vibes 😂 . Soji pastor
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by Kobojunkiee: 5:03pm On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
Where is

If Jesus never preached about religion but strictly about God and not to associate anything with Him, it's the same thing Islam preaches, so where did the idea of religion emanated from?.
Jesus Christ condemned all religions and that would include Islam though. Your claim is contradictory. undecided
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by EreluRoz: 5:16pm On Feb 24
Kobojunkiee:
Jesus Christ condemned all religions and that would include Islam though. Your claim is contradictory. undecided
Reno's claim rather.
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by Dtruthspeaker: 5:21pm On Feb 24
Tallesty1:

This is a lie.

Judaism is Judah-ism and God wiped out Judah, So, clearly, Jesus can never subscribe to Judah's evil behaviours.
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
Reno's claim rather.
The Trinity idea was manufactured by religious men and Jesus Christ disavowed all religions. So what would make you think that it matters what the religious say when it comes to the God of Israel or His Son Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Feb 24
Tallesty1:
Stop lying! God of Israel and His Son Jesus Christ outrightly condemned religion, and last I checked Judaism is a religion that was created around the time that the Jews returned from exile in Babylon. undecided
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
Rubbish! That man is nothing more than another religious element seeking political relevance by way of his lies, and his claims have nothing to do with the God of Israel or His Son, Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by Dtruthspeaker: 5:34pm On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
Where is MaxInDHouse 😆

Pastor johnw47

Achorladey

Religion has only one True meaning, which is "a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion."

So, Trinity is just a mere description of man recognizing 3 Great and Mighty Authorities over him.

There is nothing any reasonable person should be making any issue on.

You obviously are just looking for attention and action in trying to draw.stupid people to argue with covert atheists who call themselves jws.
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by Tallesty1(m): 6:02pm On Feb 24
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! God of Israel and His Son Jesus Christ outrightly condemned religion, and last I checked Judaism is a religion that was created around the time that the Jews returned from exile in Babylon. undecided
Define religion
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Feb 24
Tallesty1:
Define religion
Religion is a set/system of doctrines and traditions/rituals that are generated by men in an effort to rule over their fellow men with. It serves as a tool by which men who hold the title of religious authority or leader can then use their followers in building for themselves kingdoms(businesses) here on earth. undecided
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by achorladey: 6:25pm On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
Always giving the Moses blizz vibes 😂 . Soji pastor

Achorladey is not equal to pastor or Rasqie cheesy cool shocked
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by EreluRoz: 8:48pm On Feb 24
achorladey:

Achorladey is not equal to pastor or Rasqie cheesy cool shocked
You are a bad pastor, I know your types
Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by achorladey: 9:24pm On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
You are a bad pastor, I know your types

How can a person be a bad pastor when he is not even one in the first place?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man by johnw47: 10:55pm On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
Where is MaxInDHouse 😆

Pastor johnw47

Ecc_7:6  For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, So is the laughter of the fool

stinky rozz, alias iconicR, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

lover of adulter, oral and anal sex etc.
you cannot stop lying like lost false jw's and the devil, can you dum dum

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Isa 3:24 And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty

(1) (2) (Reply)

When God Repents / Daily Devotional / Gays Abroad(esp Africa) Have More To Gain From Pope Francis Latest Comments.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.