Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,747 members, 7,813,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City (3888 Views)

Gov. Peter Mba Flags Off Construction New Enugu City & Dual Carriageways / GVR Visits Makoko Slum In Lagos (Photos) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by Kepukepu: 12:20pm On Feb 24
Abakpa is the most Populated area in Enugu city but the least developed.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by SoNature(m): 12:40pm On Feb 24
If you call this fine neighbourhood a slum, then what will you call those brown-roof parts of the South West? 🥱🥱🥱🥱

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by Racoon(m): 12:45pm On Feb 24
grin Hehehe! Is this how slum appears to you OP? So what will you call Obiagu area of the state?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:46pm On Feb 24
Not the most populated but has the highest population of poor people

2 Likes

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by AsomughaChuks05: 12:53pm On Feb 24
I don't know if Abakpa is bigger than Obiagu but they are the most populated slums in Enugu. Truth is that apart from Independence layout where the government house is and politicians live, the rest of Enugu is unplanned and full of slums. We are just covering the city as old capital of eastern region. But you still see Enugu people attacking Anambra state that is far ahead of them as if Anambra people are their problem. Ever since Anambra state built its own airport, you hardly see Anambra industrialists going to set up anything in Enugu. Currently, there are close to ten medium scale factories being built-in different parts of Anambra state and more are in the pipeline, that may be the cause of envy by these Anambra haters.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by successmatters(m): 12:56pm On Feb 24
Abakpa a slum?

Nobody in your place can afford to buy a plot of land in Abakpa

Tell another joke bro grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by IamR: 12:59pm On Feb 24
You dey call Abakpa a slum? Are you joking?
I wonder wetin you go call that side with B. Roof?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by successmatters(m): 1:00pm On Feb 24
AsomughaChuks05:
I don't know if Abakpa is bigger than Obiagu but they are the most populated slums in Enugu. Truth is that apart from Independence layout where the government house is and politicians live, the rest of Enugu is unplanned and full of slums. We are just covering the city as old capital of eastern region. But you still see Enugu people attacking Anambra state that is far ahead of them as if Anambra people are their problem. Ever since Anambra state built its own airport, you hardly see Anambra industrialists going to set up anything in Enugu. Currently, there are close to ten medium scale factories being built-in different parts of Anambra state and more are in the pipeline, that may be the cause of envy by these Anambra haters.

So much trash coming from your mind, do you work in LAWMA?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by Ezewuzie01: 1:10pm On Feb 24
SoNature:
If you call this fine neighbourhood a slum, then what will you call those brown-roof parts of the South West? 🥱🥱🥱🥱
So those pictures look fine to you. See how the whole place scatter scatter and look disorganized with winding roads and you are calling it fine. No wonder Nigerian leaders use your brains to play draft.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by IGBOSON1: 1:11pm On Feb 24
Racoon:
grin Hehehe! Is this how slum appears to you OP? So what will you call Obiagu area of the state?

The problem of Abakpa Nike is mainly its untarred and dusty roads. It's better planned and more built up than Obiagu.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by Kepukepu: 1:17pm On Feb 24
AsomughaChuks05:
I disagree.
Achara layout, maryland, Trans Ekulu and GRA are planned

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by Kepukepu: 1:19pm On Feb 24
successmatters:
Abakpa a slum?

Yes, Abakpa is a slum. It's nothing to be embarrassed about.
Abakpa may not be a slum to you by your standard but by global standard, it is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by IGBOSON1: 1:20pm On Feb 24
Kepukepu:
I disagree.

You forget Uwani as well!

33 Likes

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by Jokerman(m): 1:22pm On Feb 24
This place still fine pass Sapele

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by successmatters(m): 1:23pm On Feb 24
Kepukepu:
Yes, Abakpa is a slum. It's nothing to be embarrassed about.
Abakpa may not be a slum to you by your standard but by global standard, it is.

That means you can call some entire states a slum, up to 17 states in this country cannot boast of places like this as their state capital.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by Kepukepu: 1:25pm On Feb 24
successmatters:

That means you can call some entire states a slum, up to 17 states in this country cannot boast of places like this as their state capital.
Yes, this is also true

4 Likes

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by ObiaboAdoka(m): 1:29pm On Feb 24
successmatters:

Abeg no include makurdi my state capital join oooo😁😁😁😁😁😁

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by Kepukepu: 1:34pm On Feb 24
FourQu:
Eiyah! All the ewedu gobblers are trying their best to troll igbos grin with the same brown roofs that their hometown are Notorious for cheesy

The pain of ebi pawa not affecting the igbos is driving them stark raving mad . . . cool

And we love it 😀
I'm Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by FourQu: 1:36pm On Feb 24
Kepukepu:
I'm Igbo

And I'm American hausa cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by Landlord97: 1:41pm On Feb 24
ABAKPA is not even part of ENUGU capital territory, is just that it's close to the capital.
But even at that it's developed is just like you sending pictures of four corners, amaechi, Garikee and Ugwuaji axis which is also super developed as ENUGU CAPITAL TERRITORY THEY AINT BRO IT'S JUST THAT THEY ARE CLOSER TO THE CAPITAL TERRITORY OF ENUGU.
THIS IS TYPICAL PEOPLE VILLAGE OR TOWN

5 Likes

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by Objectivist04: 1:42pm On Feb 24
AsomughaChuks05:
Lol you posted a well planned area and call it slum, as am typing massive work is going on in many streets in abakpa.
Don't worry I will post nnewi the so called millionaire village let's compare it with abakpa, l haven't even talk about okpoko , and for your information, na Anambra people full abakpa since una no wan get sense

7 Likes

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by Objectivist04: 1:48pm On Feb 24
Ezewuzie01:

So those pictures look fine to you. See how the whole place scatter scatter and look disorganized with winding roads and you are calling it fine. No wonder Nigerian leaders use your brains to play draft.

What then will you say when you see nnewi, abakpa is a well planned city with nice roads, most of them currently under construction.
As l am talking to you businesses are trooping to Abakpa, we have chicken republic about two years ago, Roban stores last year, crunchiest last year, the biggest importer of mini bus came last year and you think such a place is a slum ?

6 Likes

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by NwaliE01: 1:51pm On Feb 24
I was born and brought up in Abakpa ie Ugbene. Abeg, we need to evaluate what's slum again.
I think English has failed me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by Objectivist04: 1:52pm On Feb 24
IGBOSON1:

The problem of Abakpa Nike is mainly its untarred and dusty roads. It's better planned and more built up than Obiagu.

A lot of work is going on in abakpa currently and businesses are trooping in . Old houses along major roads are now hot cakes as investors are ready to pay any amount to buy and demolish them for their businesses since there is no more empty land along major roads.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by Objectivist04: 2:00pm On Feb 24
Kepukepu:
I disagree.
. even abakpa that you just posted is planned unless you are blind, it is London when compared to nnewi in terms of planing
And almost all neighborhood in Enugu are planed , even the areas government don't know about its existence, the people still plan it in their own way.
Awka and nnewi are the most unplanned town I have ever seen, in Awka you will see ia road bending for a building.
When Peter Obi was governor, he said he has mapped out 500m to plan Awka, Onitsha and nnewi but all na scam.

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by lastempero: 2:01pm On Feb 24
AsomughaChuks05:

You are just spewing nonsense!!! It's even anambra people that always looks down on enugu people and from the nonsense you spewed you dont even know 80% of enugu.
Gra
Trans ekulu
Achara layout
Golf estate
Phase 6 has joined transekulu
Thinkers corner are all built up area not forgeting bricks down to the express and new artisan. Just dont be vomiting nonsense. Iam not from enugu for ur info

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by swagana: 2:03pm On Feb 24
AsomughaChuks05:

Some of you guys from Anambra are so irritating.You drag and always like to insult other states in SE.Your state is not more developed than any other state in Nigeria.They are all suffering from under developement.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by lastempero: 2:03pm On Feb 24
Objectivist04:

. even abakpa that you just posted is planned unless you are blind, it is London when compared to nnewi in terms of planing
And almost all neighborhood in Enugu are planed , even the areas government don't know about its existence, the people still plan it in their own way.
Awka and nnewi are the most unplanned town I have ever seen, in Awka you will see ia road bending for a building.
When Peter Obi was governor, he said he has mapped out 500m to plan Awka, Onitsha and nnewi but all na scam.

Awka is just like express road! I prefer onitsha, nnewi is just an unfortunate township.
Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by lastempero: 2:04pm On Feb 24
successmatters:
Abakpa a slum?

the maga domt even know that fed housing is in abakpa

5 Likes

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by Objectivist04: 2:09pm On Feb 24
Landlord97:
ABAKPA is not even part of ENUGU capital territory, is just that it's close to the capital.
But even at that it's developed is just like you sending pictures of four corners, amaechi, Garikee and Ugwuaji axis which is also super developed as ENUGU CAPITAL TERRITORY THEY AINT BRO IT'S JUST THAT THEY ARE CLOSER TO THE CAPITAL TERRITORY OF ENUGU.
THIS IS TYPICAL PEOPLE VILLAGE OR TOWN
. Abakpa is part of Enugu capital territory Oga, Enugu south, Enugu north and Enugu East local governments make up enugu capital territory, the only state owned hotel, Nike lake hotel is within Abakpa axis , 82 div is in Abakpa, Trans ekulu is within greater Abakpa even far away Ugwuogo is within Enugu capital territory.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City by SoNature(m): 2:31pm On Feb 24
Kepukepu:
I disagree.

Some SENSELESS comments don't deserve replies... like the comment you quoted. Nigeria is full of mentally sick people...that's why nothing works in the country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

These Comment Get Me Cracking Up In Nnamdi Kanu Page On Facebook / Gov OBIANO EFFECT! Track For Small And Medium Enterprises In Anambra Photos / Tony Nwoye's Campaign Team Lands In Ekwusigo Today(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.