Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday (13055 Views)

President Tinubu & Sanwo-Olu Inaugurate Lagos Red Line Train / Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) / PDP Backs Sanwo-Olu, Blasts Sagay Over Opposition To Lagos Rail Red Line Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by chicfarmer: 1:43pm On Feb 24
Kudos Sanwo-Olu. Other governors, including and especially, niger delta governors must do better. Giving excuses that Lagos has money is no longer tenable.

13 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by anonymous1759(m): 1:43pm On Feb 24
grin
Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Truths9ja: 1:44pm On Feb 24
ryloy:
Reno Omokri challenges other Governors and citizens
what he said here is 100% truths

10 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Ijaya123: 1:44pm On Feb 24
nairalanda1:

No other state has the tax revenues and population of Lagos.

Reno should sit down

And what have those states been doing with their increased monthly allocations despite their low population?

11 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Tap0lane: 1:46pm On Feb 24
Check your Igbo tribesmen beginning for food below

SensualMan:
He built lagos, he is rebuilding it again. New York City is in trouble.

Naijiriya Sai Jagaban!
The creator of Ebi n pawa ooo!

On your mandate we shall stand!

Jagaban till 2031
Matrix132 post=128623207:
What most Nigerians need right now is food to satisfy terrible hunger in the land and not rail line or train ride. Tinubu pls set your priorities right.

I'm not left out in the hunger situation either. Someone please help me with any amount to buy foodstuffs please I'm starving.

07 25 00 93 40 access bank

God bless

8 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:46pm On Feb 24
Congratulations Sanwo-olu

9 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by handsomeyinka(m): 1:50pm On Feb 24
Themanleshey:
Nigerians really need to hold their state governors more accountable for real !!!

We need to put more pressure on them , they have become thieves and real threat to the citizens !!!

Enough is enough !!!

@ Sanwo olu , well done 👍
Not only state governors,how about local government chairmans ?

They collect state allocations but we can't see any
projects.

7 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Matrix137(m): 1:56pm On Feb 24
SensualMan:
Igbo, yoruba or Hausa? Let me know who am helping.
I ain't gat dat time to check ur name via ya account number.
Igbo

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by olax02(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24
ify2016:
Good development.

But wait o, was it not the same project that's commissioned by the Governor months ago?

I think that one was blue line. That blue line rail is different from this Red line rail.

10 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by olax02(m): 2:00pm On Feb 24
Macnnoli4:
Congrats to Lagosians. The bigger the revenue, the bigger the projects. Maybe Rivers, Kaduna and Akwa Ibom can do something as big in the future.
I'm very sure any other state can emulate this glorious development apart from the North. Those northern governors are resource saboteurs.

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by nairalanda1(m): 2:01pm On Feb 24
Ijaya123:

And what have those states been doing with their increased monthly allocations despite their low population?

I am asking them the same questions too.

But the thing is, Lagos is a big city, so a light rail makes sense there as it would pay for itself.

Many state capitals are not as big as Lagosnor do they have the revenue.

Gandollars wanted to build the same thing in Kano. He was forced to consider a loan for it. The hue and cry over it forced him to reconsider.

And it took Lagos ten years to get 2 lines. Ten years.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Lanruze: 2:13pm On Feb 24
Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu cuts me like the Biblical Saul that saw "Light" and became Paul.

I am indeed impressed by the Projects overdrive of the Lagos State Governor; Babajide Sanwo-Olu. He seems to want to outperform himself on Landmark projects. He also cuts as a listening public officer who undertakes daring and intimidating projects.

His press interaction with Dr. Reuben Abati, Babajide Kolade-Otitoju and the GM of LTV on Thursday clearly shows that he has a detailed policy direction for his constituency -Lagos State till the end of his tenor.

The suggestion on a "Light-Up Lagos" campaign with an emphasis on all the Street Lights within Lagos Metropolis been restored and working edifies the necessary urgent action not only to bring out the mega city status of ''Las-Gidi" but also to reduce the black spots in Lagos.

A coordinated approach should be adopted in lighting-up Lagos and can also be contracted or outsourced to a dedicated agency to at least give Lagos that cosmopolitan look at night whilst ensuring the filth and garbage are also addressed.

Congratulations Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by NaijaCover(m): 2:20pm On Feb 24
Oh My Lagos State

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by tollyboy5(m): 2:20pm On Feb 24
nairalanda1:

Reno should sit down
No other state has huge allocations like Niger delta state.
Reno has a point

9 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by whytediamond(m): 2:26pm On Feb 24
Matrix137:
What most Nigerians need right now is food to satisfy terrible hunger in the land and not rail line or train ride. Tinubu pls set your priorities right.

I'm not left out in the hunger situation either. Someone please help me with any amount to buy foodstuffs please I'm starving.

God bless

Chukwuemeka Ibe,

For the fact that you're Igbo and begging online, you're a disgrace to your lineage.

E no suppose better for you, but I will not curse you bastard wey no get any use for him family

Shame on you.

6 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by TrackerSK: 2:28pm On Feb 24
CilicMarin:
IPOB wont be happy with this news!
I just love the way IPOB is giving you sleepless nights

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Babangidapikin: 2:28pm On Feb 24
cool Everyone cannot be like Lagos but everyone can think outside the box to generate enough wealth, so that money from the center would be 2% of the state income...

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Matrix137(m): 2:33pm On Feb 24
whytediamond:

Chukwuemeka Ibe,

For the fact that you're Igbo and begging online, you're a disgrace to your lineage.

E no suppose better for you, but I will not curse you bastard wey no get any use for him family

Shame on you.
Thank you.

But i am not IPOB

I'm a clergy and believe in One Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Themanleshey: 2:36pm On Feb 24
Meti99:
Mr R'erun
Nigeria is built around Abuja.
If it works it is Abuja
If it fails it is Abuja.
The psyche of Nigerians is built about Abuja ..
Until there's a DECENTRALIZATION of Power let FG increase state allocation to 90% nobody will look in the direction of state governors

Which allocation are you talking about ?

The same Tinubu increased by 69% ?

The state governors are the real saboteurs!

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by AareGaa: 2:37pm On Feb 24
nairalanda1:

Reno should sit down

Aside South East that has been the most backward since independence, other states and regions in Nigeria can embark on similar project if they so wish

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Menclothing: 2:38pm On Feb 24
What are the other gov using their own allocation to do

In allocation Lagos is number 4

Let their be massive competition of development

6 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Badguy77(m): 2:39pm On Feb 24
Matrix137:

God bless
That hungry go finish you werey

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Chucks13: 2:47pm On Feb 24
Enemy of progress won't like this. Any positive news always tortured and tormented them mentally and physically.

They are here already talking their thrash as usual, they have their own state but will never get busy body about it but carry another peoplw state matter for head like crayfish talking jargons and fuming in pain.

I love the way the SW, the North and SS steadily and quietly building their future countries out a country whereas my own people are busy insulting, name callig, dey Jan- blabla day and night.....una eyes go clear las las.

Carry on Sanwo and makee sure you handover to your loyalist at the end of your tenure because this dream must fully be accomplished no matter who is happy with it or sad with it.

7 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Bluntemperor: 2:52pm On Feb 24
ify2016:

That's superb
The first 2 lines of the urban light rail project are estimated to cost $1.4bn. The Red line will be 30km long and will run between Marina and Agbado. The Blue line will be 27km long, connecting Okokomaiko to Marina. The Blue line will cost $1.2bn and is being funded entirely by the Lagos State Government.

Appeal To Lagos State Government:
-This is a good and a Great Project no doubt but take notes of the followings:
1• Maintenance -Culture of the Train -Coaches should be Non -Negotiable,as we see the Whiteman doing in the Western- Countries!
2• Ensure that Good Salaries and Gratuity and Pensions -Are worked out for the Railway Workers in Lagos State - to get the best from the Workers at all times and always allowed increase and be flexible in the Workers Remunerations!
3• Ensure Time- Management of the Train- Movements and let your Time be Timely,so that High Calibre of People can be drawn in and Maintain such on Daily, Weakly and Yearly basis!
e.g in South Africa,the BRT- is so timely and doesn't wait for anyone - once the Bus is full,it's time to move,they don't wait for any 'BigMan' and is a Policy!
Let us emulate good things!
4• The Train Management - should always Monitor and be Security Conscious -the Drivers,the Coaches and the Tracks- against Accidents, against Criminals -as no excuses will be entertained on this all important Areas.
-Employ Security Personnel ( both Private and Public - working Shifts,if possible,to make it the best in Africa!
5• When Would the 4th - Mainland Bridge,Coming up- for acceleration of the Whole Lagos Transportation Mega- Plan?
God bless Lagos State
God bless Governor Sanwo-Olu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:56pm On Feb 24
ryloy:
Reno Omokri challenges other Governors and citizens
The simple question to ask Reno is if Sanwo-Olu did all he listed with the 69% increase from federal allocation or through loans and humongous internally generated revenue of Lagos State.
Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by tballeyy(m): 2:59pm On Feb 24
ify2016:
Good development.

But wait o, was it not the same project that's commissioned by the Governor months ago?

no this is a new project..
Obidient

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by jimoholan(m): 3:14pm On Feb 24
Why our leaders are so clueless like this
. comissoning rail project while people are dying of hunger
Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by CaptainFM1: 3:33pm On Feb 24
ify2016:
Good development.

That was the Blue Line. It was commissioned by former President Buhari.

President Tinubu is coming to commission the Red Line rail, the trains, the train stations, overhead bridges and other infrastructure along the corridor.

Other rail projects in view are
Yellow Rail,
Green Rail,
Brown Rail,
Purple Rail

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Reelmii: 3:43pm On Feb 24
They keep building railways meanwhile common streets light they cant fix....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by Dream25: 3:47pm On Feb 24
whytediamond:

Chukwuemeka Ibe,

Shame on you.
You dey angry because your brother dey beg online.. cheesy
I've seen more Igbo account begging than any other tribe in Nigeria.. It's normal to ask for help, not everybody will have it easy...

Just send money to him if you have, you don't need all this

6 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Launch Lagos Red Line Project On Thursday by djseanjohn77: 3:50pm On Feb 24
ify2016:
Good development.

I guess you rushed to comment, or you have not been following or you are used to commenting negatively...However, this is Red-Line, what was commisiioned and already in operation is the Blue Line. These infos are no longer news, they are 2 of 5 lines to be built.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

State Houses Of Assembly Speakers Meet In Owerri (Photos) / Nobody Paid For Our Private Jet- Senate Committee / 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.