Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts (31494 Views)

Wale Edun’s Company Gets Lucrative Contract Weeks After NSIP Was Moved / Wale Edun Gets World Bank Appointment / Wale Edun: With Fuel Subsidy Removal, FG Has Ended Borrowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by Thissystem: 1:46pm On Feb 24
Wale Edun, Nigeria’s Finance Minister and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, says approximately only 5% of people in Nigeria have more than N500,000 in their bank accounts.

The Minister who disclosed this on Friday in an interview on Channels Television, said the Federal Government plans to rectify the economic imbalances that disproportionately favour a small group of elites in the last eight years over the majority of citizens.

The aim of microeconomic reform, he said, is to ensure revenue is directed into the government’s treasury.

His words: “There has been an effort to ensure that the people’s money is not in the hands of a few. And on that point, I must emphasize that when we talk about the last eight years before Mr. President came to power, there was this liquidity built up.”

“The Issue was that the funds were going to a few. Only about 5% of the population have bank accounts that have more than half a million in them. So, the majority was left out for eight years. They are on the sidelines while a small minority enjoyed.”

https://nairametrics.com/2024/02/24/only-about-5-of-nigerians-have-over-n500000-in-their-bank-accounts-wale-edun/?amp=1

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by Thissystem: 1:47pm On Feb 24
Who would save up to N500k on a N30k monthly minimum wage that’s not up to N500k in a year and can’t even buy half a bag of rice

235 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by ShoeGetSize: 1:49pm On Feb 24
The corrupt and hungry Agbadorians will be seriously eyeing your bank account if you belong to that 5%.

155 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by FourQu: 1:51pm On Feb 24
And we all know where the 5% are coming from wink

DoT in a circle, I hail una. It's not easy being the 5% and still giving the 95% headaches at every turn of the century grin

262 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by insidelife22(m): 1:52pm On Feb 24
Animals will never allow the weakest amongst them to rule them.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by FourQu: 1:53pm On Feb 24
ShoeGetSize:
The corrupt and hungry Agbadorians will be seriously eyeing your bank account if you belong to that 5%.

The emilocorns new job is to troll the 5% seeing as the ebi pawa mandate is not affecting them lol 😆

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by Cindypresh(f): 1:54pm On Feb 24
You mean those people that ass licked buhari for 8 wasted years and are now ass licking tinupoo can't boast of 500k in their account

Tufiakwa!

The worst part is that 4.9% of them are men

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by RepoMan007: 1:55pm On Feb 24
Even if you have more in your account, will you keep it inside a single account for bandits and kidnappers? Or in Naira for its value to erode?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by ShoeGetSize: 2:01pm On Feb 24
They are so stupid and shameless. The other day they were accusing Igbos of refusing to take part in protests against hardship, only for them to turn around and accuse the few Igbos who joined them of being the ones who are sabotaging ESCobat's government. Very stupid and mentally limited people.

FourQu:

The emilocorns new job is to troll the 5% seeing as the ebi pawa mandate is not affecting them lol 😆

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by FourQu: 2:03pm On Feb 24
ShoeGetSize:
They are so stupid and shameless. The other day they were accusing Igbos of refusing to take part in protests against hardship, only for them to turn around and accuse the few Igbos who joined them of being the ones who are sabotaging ESCobat's government. Very stupid and mentally limited people.

We know them and their modus operandi so whenever they come with a new face or mask we won't waste time in calling them out. grin

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by Caramia2020(m): 2:05pm On Feb 24
Others are using theirs to buy expensive food stuff courtesy of the bad government.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by nabiz(m): 2:13pm On Feb 24
Thissystem:
Wale Edun, Nigeria’s Finance Minister and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, says approximately only 5% of people in Nigeria have more than N500,000 in their bank accounts.

The Minister who disclosed this on Friday in an interview on Channels Television, said the Federal Government plans to rectify the economic imbalances that disproportionately favour a small group of elites in the last eight years over the majority of citizens.

The aim of microeconomic reform, he said, is to ensure revenue is directed into the government’s treasury.

His words: “There has been an effort to ensure that the people’s money is not in the hands of a few. And on that point, I must emphasize that when we talk about the last eight years before Mr. President came to power, there was this liquidity built up.”

“The Issue was that the funds were going to a few. Only about 5% of the population have bank accounts that have more than half a million in them. So, the majority was left out for eight years. They are on the sidelines while a small minority enjoyed.”

Read on

https://dailypostngr.com/2024/02/only-5-of-nigerians-have-over-n500000-in-their-bank-accounts-finance-minister/
and most of them are here on nairaland land insulting people that can feed them and their ANSESSTOR

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by nabiz(m): 2:14pm On Feb 24
RepoMan007:
Even if you have more in your account, will you keep it inside a single account for bandits and kidnappers? Or in Naira for its value to erode?
with your bvn theyvwill know

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by Melagros(m): 2:31pm On Feb 24
COMRADES, the minister said; federal government is working on ratifying the economic imbalances... for where? For this nija? Poor man like me go wait die without witnessing any ratification or genuine reformation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by Treasure17(m): 2:43pm On Feb 24
Mine is even 0.000. Unfortunate government.

2 Likes

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by matify83: 2:56pm On Feb 24
RepoMan007:

BVN and NIN will geo-locate all your accounts and balance it up.

Gone are the days of tally number you know!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by matify83: 2:58pm On Feb 24
Come to think of it.

Who leaves 500k in the bank to be eaten up by 29.9% inflation and given a paltry <3% interest rate?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by BeninRefugees: 2:59pm On Feb 24
I should be around the 3% grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by adamusuleiman2: 3:01pm On Feb 24
FourQu:
And we all know where the 5% are coming from wink

DoT in a circle, I hail una. It's not easy being the 5% and still giving the 95% headaches at every turn of the century grin
Zero proof to your statement.

The proof we have says otherwise.

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by christejames(m): 3:02pm On Feb 24
Chai! lipsrsealed shocked

This govt come indirectly dey make fun of us...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by FourQu: 3:04pm On Feb 24
adamusuleiman2:

Na statistics we go chop? cool

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by adamusuleiman2: 3:04pm On Feb 24
FourQu:

Na statistics we go chop? cool
Yes. When we are not pulling numbers out of our arses like Peter Obi was doing.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by FourQu: 3:06pm On Feb 24
adamusuleiman2:

Yes.

No, my emilocorn said we shouldn't eat statistics. cool

I will stand on his mandate till 2031 without tasting that statistics tongue

Ebi pawa pipo

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by adamusuleiman2: 3:07pm On Feb 24
FourQu:

No, my emilocorn said we shouldn't eat statistics. cool

I will stand on his mandate till 2031 without tasting that statistics tongue

Ebi pawa pipo
When your principal was quoting fake figures and statistics nko.

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by Hedonisco: 3:08pm On Feb 24
Even me, I don't have up to N500k in Naira in any of my Naira accounts, so what gives?

I can't believe a so-called finance minister should be citing such pedestrian 'statistics' that is neither here nor there.

2 Likes

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by FourQu: 3:08pm On Feb 24
adamusuleiman2:

When your principal was quoting fake figures and statistics nko.

My principal is no more quoting fake statistics again. He is now receiving political lessons from emilocorn cool

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by adamusuleiman2: 3:09pm On Feb 24
FourQu:

My principal is no more quoting fake statistics again. He is now receiving political lessons from emilocorn cool
Yes he is. That's why he is an election loser and his supporters wail with all sorts of bs threads on NL 🤣

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by FourQu: 3:10pm On Feb 24
adamusuleiman2:

Yes he is. That's why he is an election loser and his supporters wail with all sorts of bs threads on NL 🤣

Election winners 🏆

Oya carry go na cheesy

Ebi pawa oooooo tongue

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by Goodvibes007: 3:10pm On Feb 24
adamusuleiman2:

The proof we have says otherwise.
Thanks for debunking the fake post of the chestbeater.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts by adamusuleiman2: 3:11pm On Feb 24
FourQu:

Election winners 🏆

Oya carry go na cheesy

Ebi pawa oooooo tongue
Ebi is everywhere even before the subsidy removal.

It's only "ebi n pa wa" that can make people sell their votes for Okpa and Jollof that they will shit out the next day or two.

107 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose Visits Femi Fani-Kayode In Detention / "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition / Sanwo-Olu Hands Over 7 Boats For Lagos Ferry, Launches Cowry Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.