Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Woman Forgives Man Who Cut Her Husband In Pieces - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Forgives Man Who Cut Her Husband In Pieces (149 Views)

Prophet Odumeje Finally Forgives Ada Jesus, Gifts Her N1 Million (Video) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Forgives Man Who Cut Her Husband In Pieces by Kokobig: 4:05pm On Feb 24
Over twenty-five years ago, Tasian Nkundiye murdered his neighbor with a machete.

“I am very grateful to her,” Nkundiye said of the widow, Laurencia Mukalemera. “Ever since I apologized to her after prison life, confessing to my crimes and asking her for forgiveness, she has accepted me. I even leave my children with her when I am away.”

Today he lives nearby the widow of the man he killed. And somehow they are friends – their children and grandchildren play and share lunch together, their cows graze in the same field.

A quarter century after the 1994 genocide that killed 75% of the country’s ethnic Tutsis, Rwanda has six “reconciliation villages” like Mbyo, where genocide survivors and perpetrators live alongside each other. Convicted killers re-integrate into society by publicly apologizing for their crimes. Survivors profess forgiveness. The villages are showpieces of President Paul Kagame’s policy of ethnic reconciliation, although some critics say the communities are forced and the reconciliation is artificial.

About 3,000 victims and perpetrators live in the villages established by Prison Fellowship Rwanda, a Christian organization, and funded by the U.S. government, the United Nations and other donors to promote healing in Rwanda from the gaping wounds left by the genocide. Those in the villages also get help with housing and school fees.

https://believersportal.com/a-gift-of-forgiveness-in-rwanda-woman-forgives-man-who-cut-her-husband-in-pieces/

Re: Woman Forgives Man Who Cut Her Husband In Pieces by Newfoundlove: 4:10pm On Feb 24
If it was my father that was cut

I will cut him one day
Re: Woman Forgives Man Who Cut Her Husband In Pieces by etisa: 4:19pm On Feb 24
That is not easy
Re: Woman Forgives Man Who Cut Her Husband In Pieces by Zaheertyler(m): 4:26pm On Feb 24
Strong woman
She has freed the burden from both of them
Re: Woman Forgives Man Who Cut Her Husband In Pieces by Zaheertyler(m): 4:27pm On Feb 24
Newfoundlove:
If it was my father that was cut

I will cut him one day

It doesn't show that you're a strong person
Forgiveness is a power

2 Likes

Re: Woman Forgives Man Who Cut Her Husband In Pieces by Cassandraloius: 5:36pm On Feb 24
This is hard for me to believe kinda. undecided
Re: Woman Forgives Man Who Cut Her Husband In Pieces by Newfoundlove: 6:39pm On Feb 24
Zaheertyler:

It doesn't show that you're a strong person
Forgiveness is a power

I don't want power
I want justice

(1) (Reply)

Eid Al-fitr: Kogi Pdp Felicitate With Muslims / Personal Devotion / Nothing But Testimonies Is Your Portion From Now....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.