Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States (16687 Views)

Wike, PDP G5 And ‘Devolution’ Of Presidential Support - The Guardian / Obasanjo Urges Yahaya Bello To Sustain Fight Against Criminality (Picture) / Fayemi Canvasses Power Devolution As Solution To Marginalisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by azpekuliar: 6:50am On Feb 25
They always know the solution to our problems when they are out of office not while they are there and can implement them. grin

2 Likes

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by Yankee101: 6:55am On Feb 25
You were president why didn’t you do it?

4 Likes

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by Die009: 6:55am On Feb 25
Mumu talk oil way dey ondo pass some of una state check it out yourself
Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by Yankee101: 6:56am On Feb 25
As long as he controls the center, Tinubu doesn’t want that

He only wanted that when he was governor and controlled Lagos

Now he has the source and you’re telling a thief to let go?

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by Kobicove(m): 7:00am On Feb 25
You were president for 8 years, why did you not do it during your own tenor? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by Debest49ja: 7:03am On Feb 25
You knows nothing bro..

quote author=EponObi post=128633071]This is my problem with people like this. Always smart and knows what's right and good outside power. But when they are in, they do the opposite. It's easy to drive a car with mouth. If na plan, even the Agulu fraud get am plenty - that one can literally write a complete, nonsense consumption to production storybook while sucking Aisha's sagged breasts cheesy. But check what he did in Anambra for 8 years - zero doings; just talks.

Same with Baba Iyabo - why you no execute devolution of power while in power?

Same with our Information minister - Bosun. That one was one of the biggest critics of APC/Buhari/Tinubu over the years. Dem don give am portfolio now, the dude dey do nonsense paparazzi up and down - since becoming minister, Bosun hasn't done any tangible execution of any of plans. I call him the baddie minister.

Enu dun ro efo.

Anyways, I think this is a chess game between the North and South. Since the north has been moving mad since Tinubu came to power, Obasanjo might be coming out to fire the warning shot - the North are scared of true Federalism. This is OBJ having Tinubu's back - even though they are sworn political enemies, the region's interest comes first. When I tell people that the SW plays the most sophisticated politics in Nigeria, they argue. The thing is in the SW, politics isn't by cussing, chest beating, and being loud. Silent chess moves without confrontation - something the SE should learn about - but they won't and will never attain such level of sophistication - at least not this generation, and that's if they don't program their children with the same politics of hate and victimization that has relegated them to the back seat of national influence and power. The typical Igbo is programmed to suck at National politics right from birth. Abuse me all you want; that's the truth.

To confirm their hypocrisy: They will come on this thread (even quote me) that they don't need the power seat of Nigeria; act like they care less. But na them carry ObiFraud for head pre and post election. Even those who abused Obi and called him a failure pre 2015 turned around to repackage him. Na them spend #800m on post election legal tussles for Obi. Na them dey always argue say their 3rd class failure was a First Class Omo Olodo'de cool at the election.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by EdiskyHarry: 7:05am On Feb 25
Long overdue but the north and west will never want this
Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by OhuDealer: 7:08am On Feb 25
Arobaga:
Will the barren regions agree?

Unity beggars

Chanting one Nigeria because of South South oil

Imagine there wasn’t oil in entire south south the kind treatment wey them for give us for pass south East own

Imagine Tinubu wey him entire state and region no get a cup of oil is taking NDDC headquarters to Lagos

If we talk now mods go dey find who to ban

God bless south south and south east

0koro stop claiming SS.

FYI, SE has always alligned with the core north to kick against state resource control.

Go and revise what Wabbara said in the Senate concerning 25% oil derrivative to oil producing states.

SE legislators sided with the north to make rubbish of the PIB.

Not so long ago , Orji Uzor Kalu was calling for the scrapping of the NDDC and Ministry of Niger Delta affairs but today they are pushing for SE Development Commission bill.

The last people that will ever agree to greater autonomy for states are the SE.

4 Likes

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by seguno2: 7:26am On Feb 25
ogododo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/economic-crisis-obasanjo-urges-devolution-of-power-resources-to-states/

For the entire eight years that he was president, why did he fail to do what he is recommending now

Did he not cause this economic crisis by endorsing an economically clueless Buhari to replace Jonathan in 2015, maybe because he realised that Jonathan was much better than himself on economic issues?

“I will tell you what I know and I will tell you what I don’t know. I know Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. He served under me in the military. His characteristics that I know, his behaviour that I know, he has not deviated from them. He was never a perfect man, he is not a perfect man and no leader can ever be a perfect man because they are human beings. But if you read my book, what I said about him is correct. He is not a hot person when it comes to economy. He is not a very hot person when it comes to foreign affairs. But he will do well in matters of military and he will do well in fighting Boko Haram.”

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-not-sound-economy-foreign-affairs-obasanjo/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by seguno2: 7:31am On Feb 25
routed:

Why didn't you do it during your eight years tenure?

Destroyer of our democracy.

Baba 3rd term who started legislative colossal corruption with Ghana must go.

He go pay debt when infrastructure is at grand zero.

Pathetic!!!

Worse than pathetic.
Iyabo was right about her father clearly.

In what is turning out to be a season of open letters, daughter of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Iyabo, has ruled out further communication with her father till death, describing him as a liar, manipulator, two-faced hypocrite determined to foist on President Goodluck Jonathan what no one would contemplate with him as president.

Senator Iyabo Obasanjo in a letter to her father accused him of having an egoistic craving for power and living a life where only men of low esteem and intellect thrive.

In the 11-page letter dated December 16, 2013 exclusively obtained by Vanguard, Iyabo accused her father of orchestrating a third term for himself as president, cruelty to family members, abandonment of children and grandchildren, and also, a legendary reputation of maltreatment of women.

Iyabo who forswore further political engagements in Nigeria denied any political motive for her missive, and described Nigeria as a country where her father and his ilk have helped to create a situation where smart, capable people bend down to imbeciles to survive. She particularly noted her experience as chairman of the Senate Committee on Health when she led the committee on a retreat appropriated for in the budget only for her to be prosecuted for it.

Iyabo, first child of the former president, started the letter titled, Open Letter to my Father with a 4th century Chinese proverb by Mencius which states: “The great man is he who does not lose his child’s heart.”

Her letter:

“It brings me no joy to have to write this but since you started this trend of open letters I thought I would follow suit since you don’t listen to anyone anyway. The only way to reach you may be to make the public aware of some things. As a child well brought up by my long-suffering mother in Yoruba tradition, I have been reluctant to tell the truth about you but as it seems you still continue to delude yourself about the kind of person you are and I think for posterity’s sake it is time to set the records straight.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/iyabo-obasanjo-writes-father-says-dear-daddy-dont-nigeria/amp/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by Kukutenla: 7:32am On Feb 25
routed:

Pathetic!!!
Typical of Zombies
Always leaving the message to attack the messenger
Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by Kukutenla: 7:35am On Feb 25
christistruth01:

Baba Iyabo why didn't you do that then since you knew it was a big part of the Solution?
He did not do it because he did not believe in it. He had other ideas and those ones worked then.

Tinubu has been an advocate of "true federalism" from the get go. This is the chance for him to walk his talk.

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by OhuDealer: 7:36am On Feb 25
EdiskyHarry:
Long overdue but the north and west will never want this

This is the very opposite

The SW has been clamouring for state fiscal autonomy and greater sovereignty from the centre .

The north is now seeing that regionalism is the only way.

It has been you guys in the SE that have opposed regionalism and state autonomy since independence .

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by MomohMrMoore: 7:39am On Feb 25
Useless letter writer man. Were you not there twice? Why didnt he do that? What he could not do is what he puts in his ugly letters for someone else to do. First return national assets of Nigeria you converted to yours. The library, the farm, the university. They are Nigeria projects

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by OhuDealer: 7:40am On Feb 25
Kukutenla:

He did not do it because he did not believe in it. He had other ideas and those ones worked then.

Tinubu has been an advocate of "true federalism" from the get go. This is the chance for him to walk his talk.

And he succeeded by and large in making Lagos the only state in the federation that can easily run its affairs without federal handouts.

Lagos currently generated revenue internally ten folds what it gets as federal handouts and once the VAT ruling is implimented, federal allocations to Lagos will diminish further to less than 5% of Lagos revenue.

Ogun, Delta, Akwa Ibom and Rivers are also states that can comfortably run their affairs without federal handouts.
Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by Franking: 7:45am On Feb 25
But he had the opportunity to do that. Or they only have sense when they are not on seat.
Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by EponObi: 7:47am On Feb 25
Debest49ja:
You knows nothing bro..

Why not tell us what you know?
Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by ekhai(m): 7:50am On Feb 25
Salewa97:
I believe that devolving power resources to states could potentially alleviate the impact of the economic crisis and lead to more efficient decisionmaking.
NIGERIAN PROBLEM IS NOT THE SYSTEM BUT THE PLAYERS.IF YOU KNOW THE CORRUPTION IN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND STATES, YOU WON'T AGREE WITH CHIEF OBASANJO. IF WE CAN HOLD GOVERNOR'S AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMEN ACCOUNTABLE, THE COUNTRY WILL BE BETTER FOR IT.
Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by Franking: 7:50am On Feb 25
NaijaPrince18:

Retard is obasanjo of your tribe? We have always been calling for restructure. Once done all ipob should be deported and a massive wall should be built around SW.

Better still, stop begging for unity. Let's unbundle the contraption called Nigeria.
Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by ogbe88(m): 7:58am On Feb 25
EponObi:
This is my problem with people like this. Always smart and knows what's right and good outside power. But when they are in, they do the opposite. It's easy to drive a car with mouth. If na plan, even the Agulu fraud get am plenty - that one can literally write a complete, nonsense consumption to production storybook while sucking Aisha's sagged breasts cheesy. But check what he did in Anambra for 8 years - zero doings; just talks.

Same with Baba Iyabo - why you no execute devolution of power while in power?

Same with our Information minister - Bosun. That one was one of the biggest critics of APC/Buhari/Tinubu over the years. Dem don give am portfolio now, the dude dey do nonsense paparazzi up and down - since becoming minister, Bosun hasn't done any tangible execution of any of plans. I call him the baddie minister.

Enu dun ro efo.

Anyways, I think this is a chess game between the North and South. Since the north has been moving mad since Tinubu came to power, Obasanjo might be coming out to fire the warning shot - the North are scared of true Federalism. This is OBJ having Tinubu's back - even though they are sworn political enemies, the region's interest comes first. When I tell people that the SW plays the most sophisticated politics in Nigeria, they argue. The thing is in the SW, politics isn't by cussing, chest beating, and being loud. Silent chess moves without confrontation - something the SE should learn about - but they won't and will never attain such level of sophistication - at least not this generation, and that's if they don't program their children with the same politics of hate and victimization that has relegated them to the back seat of national influence and power. The typical Igbo is programmed to suck at National politics right from birth. Abuse me all you want; that's the truth.

To confirm their hypocrisy: They will come on this thread (even quote me) that they don't need the power seat of Nigeria; act like they care less. But na them carry ObiFraud for head pre and post election. Even those who abused Obi and called him a failure pre 2015 turned around to repackage him. Na them spend #800m on post election legal tussles for Obi. Na them dey always argue say their 3rd class failure was a First Class Omo Olodo'de cool at the election.

U ARE FOOL OF A TOOK.
Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by maridrug(m): 8:01am On Feb 25
Arobaga:
Will the barren regions agree?

Unity beggars
Chanting one Nigeria because of South South oil
Imagine there wasn’t oil in entire south south the kind treatment wey them for give us for pass south East own
Imagine Tinubu wey him entire state and region no get a cup of oil is taking NDDC headquarters to Lagos
If we talk now mods go dey find who to ban.
God bless south south and south east
Changes can not be productively effective with bitterness and resentment.
Being an oil producing state doesn't assure the management headquarters to be there. Remember that all these SS, SE areas are security porous.
In addition, what have the state governors of 1999 till date done in these areas to alleviate poverty among there people?
Let us think and speak liberally on this country's issue.
Though, I support the decentralization of power to the grassroots, however, these state governors are wolves in sheep clothing.
Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by hilaryCU(m): 8:08am On Feb 25
routed:

Pathetic!!!
paid which debt
Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:11am On Feb 25
Chief hypocrite don drop another motivational quote
Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by Benzemma(m): 8:13am On Feb 25
If Obasanjo knows that this will help Nigeria Economy, and he did not do it when he was in power, then he should keep his mouth shut.
What is good for the goose, is also good for the gander! He didn't do it during his time, because of his own interest, why then did he want another person to do it. He should keep shut, I hate hypocrite.
Before you quote me, am not a die hard Tinubu supporter!

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by OhuDealer: 8:15am On Feb 25
Franking:

Better still, stop begging for unity. Let's unbundle the contraption called Nigeria.

If e start now , you will be the ones begging .

And don't put mind in seeing an inch of SS joining you.
Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by EponObi: 8:15am On Feb 25
ogbe88:
U ARE FOOL OF A TOOK.

They've arrived. The chestbeaters.

Btw, pray tell which is paining you: Obi drinking Aisha's nunu or Igbo being terrible at national politics?

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by Nursepepeye(f): 8:25am On Feb 25
Nawa4nl:
The parasitic people won't like it oh!

Technology has advanced, yet una carry delta oil to refine for una region🙄

who dey use oil again when 70% of cars on the road are now electric. You go drink your oil, let me educate you, original source of oil is from up North, it's accient fossil deposit that migrated to SS, it only deposited in your Area but comes from North, ask those who study Geology, they will tell you. So stop bragging.

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by kareemkamil(m): 8:26am On Feb 25
The same Baba that's the genesis of Nigeria problem. It will never be well with u OBJ, unless u didn't stole Nigeria money.

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by Nawa4nl: 8:37am On Feb 25
Nursepepeye:
who dey use oil again when 70% of cars on the road are now electric. You go drink your oil, let me educate you, original source of oil is from up North, it's accient fossil deposit that migrated to SS, it only deposited in your Area but comes from North, ask those who study Geology, they will tell you. So stop bragging.
The North has Groundnut Oil not crude Oil.
God gave the south Oil, allah could not give the North Oil.

70% of which cars?

If 70% of the cars are electric, why did they site the refinery in Lagos.
Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by idanone(m): 8:40am On Feb 25
routed:

Pathetic!!!
sorry for your condition.... Pele

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis: Obasanjo Urges Devolution Of Power, Resources To States by Xox1945(m): 8:45am On Feb 25
Baba that thief in Aso Rock will not listen to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Spent $8bn To Restore Peace In Liberia - Gen. Irabor / “Because Of Tinubu, The World Now Sees Nigerians As Fraudsters” - Obi / Bwala To President Tinubu: Ban Use Of Dollars For Local And International Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.