Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,935 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. (3940 Views)

How Much Data Do You Use On Daily Basis(photo)? / How Many Gigs Of Data Do You Use In A Month / Which Unlimited Internet Can I Use In Badagry, Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by BadMaster: 12:36pm On Feb 27
bigl:

Its 5G router plan.

You pay 30k, airtel give us a 5G router with 2 options of either speed based or data based plan.

The data based plan is about 20k for 240gb for 30 days

The other option is speed based plans:

20mbps for 20k monthly
40mbps for 35k monthly
60mbps for 50k monthly

Na the 20mbps plan i opted for and i've been using it since December 2023 ....

Bretheren, the speed based plan no dey finish ....

Find below the screenshot of the router and also, my usage for February ... check the date and time for the screenshot on my laptop
If I understand your explanation correctly, at the point of registering for the service, one is expected to pay 30k for the router and additional payment for the specific plan you want? Or you only need to pay for the router at first purchase?

I am asking because you also mentioned that first month subscription is free, so I am a bit confused.

4 Likes

Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by bigl: 1:27pm On Feb 27
BadMaster:

If I understand your explanation correctly, at the point of registering for the service, one is expected to pay 30k for the router and additional payment for the specific plan you want? Or you only need to pay for the router at first purchase?

I am asking because you also mentioned that first month subscription is free, so I am a bit confused.

Once u pay 30k for the purchase of the router, 1 month speed based plan comes with it.

So u don't pay sub fees after paying 30k ... i hope that's clear enough?

3 Likes

Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by bigl: 1:40pm On Feb 27
5pecterGray:

Wow, Really!! Let me check it up. What plan is it

There's not much buzz about it again cos some people bought it but Mtn's noise about 5G no gree people know say airtel offer too dey o

U can check that link sha:

https://www.airtel.com.ng/Get-5G
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by BadMaster: 4:41pm On Feb 27
bigl:

Once u pay 30k for the purchase of the router, 1 month speed based plan comes with it.

So u don't pay sub fees after paying 30k ... i hope that's clear enough?
Thanks. One more question. Are you the one to choose the speed based plan to be activated the first time?

2 Likes

Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by bigl: 10:12pm On Feb 27
BadMaster:

Thanks. One more question. Are you the one to choose the speed based plan to be activated the first time?

Yeah ... just tell them u want the speed based plans and they will give u the least which is 20mbps ....

**** The other option is 240gb for 20k monthly (I can't tell if its still available) which does pay some people sha but me, e no worth am .... currently now, we don use over 370gb (as at this night)

1 Like

Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by BadMaster: 10:21pm On Feb 27
bigl:

Yeah ... just tell them u want the speed based plans and they will give u the least which is 20mbps ....

**** The other option is 240gb for 20k monthly (I can't tell if its still available) which does pay some people sha but me, e no worth am .... currently now, we don use over 370gb (as at this night)
Thanks for the info. I currently use Starlink, but I would like to try this out.

Are you able to stream from multiple devices concurrently without buffering?

1 Like

Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by bigl: 10:34pm On Feb 27
BadMaster:

Thanks for the info. I currently use Starlink, but I would like to try this out.

Are you able to stream from multiple devices concurrently without buffering?

Starlink kwa?

You're a big man ooo ... Stick with starlink na ... i heard the monthly payment is 38k Naira, is that true?

Yeah, my son streams youtube endlessly

My wife, facebook, instagram and youtube videos

And me, i watch lorry loads of tiktok, download heavy files etc and all this take place at same time....

There are network issues sometimes o but its just like 1 to 3 hours ....

Why do u want to leave starlink?

I'll advise u stick to starlink sha cos of the speed is waaaaay superior to this airtel
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by ayotade09(m): 10:53pm On Feb 27
enumerica:

Let me sell 70GB of MTN data for 8k. It is valid for 30 days.
is it broadband data that works with mifi or MTN routers
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by BadMaster: 10:54pm On Feb 27
bigl:

Starlink kwa?

You're a big man ooo ... Stick with starlink na ... i heard the monthly payment is 38k Naira, is that true?

Yeah, my son streams youtube endlessly

My wife, facebook, instagram and youtube videos

And me, i watch lorry loads of tiktok, download heavy files etc and all this take place at same time....

There are network issues sometimes o but its just like 1 to 3 hours ....

Why do u want to leave starlink?

I'll advise u stick to starlink sha cos of the speed is waaaaay superior to this airtel
πŸ˜‚ I am not a big man oh... Yes, Starlink Standard plan is 38k and it's quite fast, though not as fast as it was before.

I am not leaving Starlink oh, just want try the Airtel out of curiosity. Starlink is still the best, as far as Nigeria is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by bigl: 11:27pm On Feb 27
BadMaster:

πŸ˜‚ I am not a big man oh... Yes, Starlink Standard plan is 38k and it's quite fast, though not as fast as it was before.

I am not leaving Starlink oh, just want try the Airtel out of curiosity. Starlink is still the best, as far as Nigeria is concerned.

You be big man joor ... see stick with starlink o... whats the speed currently? (I use fast.com to benchmark)

Airtel isn't bad at all ...

Atleast, its waaaaaaay better than mtn ....
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by BadMaster: 11:56pm On Feb 27
bigl:

You be big man joor ... see stick with starlink o... whats the speed currently? (I use fast.com to benchmark)

Speed tests I just did now with both Fast.com and Speed test.net app

Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by michlins(m): 2:28am On Feb 28
bigl:

kindly do a speed test on this Airtel thing
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by bigl: 11:37am On Feb 28
BadMaster:

Speed tests I just did now with both Fast.com and Speed test.net app

That's awesome o ... Well, maybe when i get a well paying remote work and need to shuffle back and forth, heavy files, i'll upgrade to starlink ...

38k is cheap for the value you're getting .... if u try mtn, u go dey alright ...

Thanks for the speed test shared ...
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by bigl: 11:39am On Feb 28
michlins:
kindly do a speed test on this Airtel thing

I just renewed some mins ago cos it expired yesterday.

Yeah, here's the airtel speed test

Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by michlins(m): 12:50pm On Feb 28
bigl:

I just renewed some mins ago cos it expired yesterday.

Yeah, here's the airtel speed test
the speed is very poor compared to 4G but it's unlimited
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by bigl: 12:53pm On Feb 28
michlins:
the speed is very poor compared to 4G but it's unlimited

That's why i said, stick with your starlink o ... but its not soooo bad but remember, its limited to 20mbps which is what i paid for
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by michlins(m): 12:56pm On Feb 28
bigl:

That's why i said, stick with your starlink o ... but its not soooo bad but remember, its limited to 20mbps which is what i paid for
I'm currently on MTN 1tb annual plan. By the time I exhaust it, I will do this one

1 Like

Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by easyyoke: 1:13pm On Feb 28
bigl:
Mtn wan finish my finances ... i will subscribe to 20gb, its won't last 1 week ... i started becoming broke and at a point, my wife dey give me one kain eye whether i dey get another wife outside ... not until she got to know say na mtn ....

Now, I use the Airtel 5G unlimited internet .... speed based ... limited to 20mbps ... and January alone, i used over 650gb (I was carrying some stock footage packs, my wife was enjoying facebook instagram videos, my son streaming youtube 247) ...

All this for 20k monthly .... Waaaaaaay berra than the shege barawo mtn dey do us!

They also have 40mbps for 35k and 60mbps for 50k which i don't need for now!

Sorry o, please how did you use 650GB when Airtel wrote it on their website that the 20K unlimited plan is actually 120GB cap, then 5GB free daily at a capped speed after you exceed the 120GB. So how on earth did you see 650GB to use. Even if you finish the 120GB then used the 5GB per day, that is still a total of 270GB. Abeg I am confused
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by BadMaster: 1:24pm On Feb 28
easyyoke:

Sorry o, please how did you use 650GB when Airtel wrote it on their website that the 20K unlimited plan is actually 120GB cap, then 5GB free daily at a capped speed after you exceed the 120GB. So how on earth did you see 650GB to use. Even if you finish the 120GB then used the 5GB per day, that is still a total of 270GB. Abeg I am confused
These are different plans. Read about unlimited EBB plans here https://www.airtel.com.ng/Unlimited-EBB

1 Like

Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by Badgers14: 1:25pm On Feb 28
michlins:
I'm currently on MTN 1tb annual plan. By the time I exhaust it, I will do this one

How much is the mtn 1Tb annual plan?
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by bigl: 1:27pm On Feb 28
easyyoke:

If you're following just everything writen by the books and don't pay attention, then you'll be more confused than ever ...

The 20k for 120gb is referred to as unlimited plan by airtel (mtn also does that but why is what i don't know)

There's also the "speed based plan", oya repeat after me, "speed", "based" "plan" ... being sold for same 20k for 20mbps ...

The router itself is capable of 5G speed which of course can be up to 1gb per second speed ... if such speed is allowed for same 20k, airtel business will run down... that's why they are giving us a speed capped option of 20mbps for 20k or 40mbps for 35k and 60mbps for 50k which according to them, you're allowed to use as much data as u wish ...

I considered that option of being able to download without any cap so went with that and not the 120gb for 20k ... those people with the 120gb for 20k will experience faster speeds than my 20mbps .... but that 120gb can be used up in less than 2 weeks ...

I hope u get it?

Go to airtel office to confirm and stop reading just any junk they write on their bill boards

I just renewed today sef and here is what i saw on the recharge platform (check attached pix)...

I'll also post again, check the monthly data usage/traffic as at today, wednesday 28th Feb 2024 ...

I'll check to see if i still have screenshot of the past month where i used 650gb and attach

Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by michlins(m): 1:45pm On Feb 28
Badgers14:

How much is the mtn 1Tb annual plan?
ordinarily,it goes for 100k but I got it for 70k using a promo code. Unfortunately it no longer works
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by Badgers14: 1:48pm On Feb 28
michlins:
ordinarily,it goes for 100k but I got it for 70k using a promo code. Unfortunately it no longer works

Thanks for the information.
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by michlins(m): 1:49pm On Feb 28
Badgers14:

Thanks for the information.
glad I could help
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by easyyoke: 10:01pm On Feb 28
bigl:

If you're following just everything writen by the books and don't pay attention, then you'll be more confused than ever ...

The 20k for 120gb is referred to as unlimited plan by airtel (mtn also does that but why is what i don't know)

There's also the "speed based plan", oya repeat after me, "speed", "based" "plan" ... being sold for same 20k for 20mbps ...

The router itself is capable of 5G speed which of course can be up to 1gb per second speed ... if such speed is allowed for same 20k, airtel business will run down... that's why they are giving us a speed capped option of 20mbps for 20k or 40mbps for 35k and 60mbps for 50k which according to them, you're allowed to use as much data as u wish ...

I considered that option of being able to download without any cap so went with that and not the 120gb for 20k ... those people with the 120gb for 20k will experience faster speeds than my 20mbps .... but that 120gb can be used up in less than 2 weeks ...

I hope u get it?

Go to airtel office to confirm and stop reading just any junk they write on their bill boards

I just renewed today sef and here is what i saw on the recharge platform (check attached pix)...

I'll also post again, check the monthly data usage/traffic as at today, wednesday 28th Feb 2024 ...

I'll check to see if i still have screenshot of the past month where i used 650gb and attach

Oh, Thank you for the explanation. This must be the Unlimited EBB plan. Does this work for areas without 5G network too please and you ever done speed test. Do you really get the 20mbps they promised for 20K plan

1 Like

Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by bigl: 11:01pm On Feb 28
easyyoke:

Oh, Thank you for the explanation. This must be the Unlimited EBB plan. Does this work for areas without 5G network too please and you ever done speed test. Do you really get the 20mbps they promised for 20K plan

Yeah, i think that what they call it EBB.

In areas where there is not 5G, it seamlessly (without u noticing sef), swtiches back to 4G...

Yeah ... i do run the test ... i get 19/20mbps and sometimes, it can come low like 5 mbps but for the purpose of my downloads, sending 4k video files to google drive for clients to download (clients in US/Europe), downloading of some materials/footages for work, it works pretty fine for me...

And for that 20k price, its just the perfect balance between getting more bang for your box and paying less ....

Check this thread for 1 or 2 speed tests i've conducted...

Its not as fantastic as Starlink o but presently, from 28th of January till today, i have used 388gb which is not bad at all ...

1 Like

Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by bigl: 6:13am On Feb 29
michlins:

Big man .... no problem ...
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by Vinchigo1: 5:04pm On Mar 24
Livegamesonly:
SPECTRANET cheat code dey..legit 3k monthly...if u know you know
please chat me up on Whatsapp if this cheat is unlimited and still working as I need it for something. Hope the price is negotiable. 08038093044
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by 5pecterGray(m): 10:21am On Mar 27
Vinchigo1:
please chat me up on Whatsapp if this cheat is unlimited and still working as I need it for something. Hope the price is negotiable. 08038093044

I’m interested too if it’s working
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by emeraldlife: 10:48pm On Mar 27
Uyi168:
I use mtn.
6k=45gb.
Daily 1.5gb.

Code pls
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by teemac01(m): 1:35pm On Apr 13
bigl:

I hope u get it?

Be like airtel has stopped that 20mb for 20k plan
Re: Please Guys: Which Unlimited Data Do You Use. by BadMaster: 2:59pm On Apr 13
teemac01:

Be like airtel has stopped that 20mb for 20k plan
You are right. They have become greedy, which is typical of our service providers.

Well, thank God for Starlink. I only tried the Airtel 20k 20Mbps plan for a month, to see how it performs. Unfortunately, I wasn't even satisfied with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

/ Infinix X601 Note 3 Vs Hot S X521 + Antutu Benchmarks / Exploring Nokia E5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.