Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion (3206 Views)

Malami Faces Probe Over Five Suspicious Mega Deals Under His Watch / Serving Governor Withdrew ₦60 Billion Cash In Six Years ― EFCC / Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by buzmanjohn(m): 5:10pm On Feb 25
The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, has revealed the commission’s plans to investigate more than 3,000 financial crime cases.

He explained that the 3,000 cases approved for investigation were part of the over 5,000 petitions received by the agency from different groups and Nigerians.

Olukoyede said this at the 20th-anniversary lecture of the Human and Environmental Development Agenda Resources Centre, held in Lagos on Saturday.

The EFCC boss, who was the guest lecturer at the event, said the agency has recovered over N60bn and $10m, in less than four months since he assumed office.

While lamenting the pervasive nature of corruption in Nigeria, he noted that the agency has innovated mechanisms to either stop or minimise the stealing of public funds and other financial and economic crimes.

He stressed that it takes collective responsibility from every Nigerian to move the country forward and end corruption.

Olukoyede, however, reiterated his resolve to use the anti-corruption drive to stimulate the Nigerian economy.

He added, “When we set out to investigate. People see it as a fight between EFCC and the rest of us. It should not be so. How much will the EFCC do?

“How much will ICPC do with its staff strength? I have less than 4,800 staff. I am talking of an agency that is serving people who are over 150 million.

“All we have to do is investigate and present the facts before the court. I will not be the one to give judgement. That is where we have collective responsibility. When you see something, you say something

“The issue is we are working as if we are not working. Upon my assumption of office between then and now, I have received over 5,000 petitions. I am not talking of just the one we received, but the one that we have checked and discovered that there was substance in it. That is just for one agency, EFCC.

“As I am talking to you I have approved the investigation of over 3,000 cases in less than four months, but what is our capacity, how many staff do we have? What resources do I have access to?

“In less than four months, we secured convictions of 700 and recovered over 60 billion naira, over 10 million dollars.

“If I am able to recover over 60 billion naira in less than 100 days, you can imagine how much has been stolen.

“I can tell you that for the billion that has been recovered, trillion has been stolen.”

On his part, the Chairman of HEDA, Mr. Olanrewaju Suraju, noted that the anti-corruption fight had been challenging.

Suraju urged every Nigerian to contribute a quota from their respective spheres and domains.

He stressed that HEDA cannot do the fight alone but can influence and facilitate the process for agencies like the EFCC, ICPC, Code of Conduct Bureau, and Tribunal to do their jobs more effectively.

“We need an effective policing system with integrity, then the court must not continue to discharge persons with corruption cases still hanging on their necks,” he maintained.

The EFCC had earlier in the year said that adherence to professionalism and commitment to the rule of law by government officials would ensure Nigerians’ contribution to economic growth.

He stressed that an increase in professionalism means zero tolerance for all forms of arbitrariness.

https://punchng.com/efcc-to-probe-over-3000-financial-crimes-recovers-n60bn/?amp

Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by successmatters(m): 5:11pm On Feb 25
I saw pictures of them last week in the east, stopping random guys walking on the streets, quizzing them, searching phones, fighting with some people and arresting some people.

No arrest warrant, no search warrant, nothing.

They are now the new SARS, that's how it starts, very soon they will start robbing people and kidnapping innocent boys who cannot settle them. They are avoiding the obvious rogues, the politicians whose homes the dollars are stored.

Nobody should protest this, better allow them rob everyone, if you protest now that will call it ipob war and start shooting innocent people. Let this evil keep spreading, Nigeria is an evil place.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by DWickedLandLord: 5:32pm On Feb 25
No be by talk guy .

Where are the arrests n case numbers
Which courts adjudicated the cases

Some of us are more enlightened pass you n not so easily emotionally manipulated

Even for this Nigeria, you can't just seize money just because. They must be proper paper trail

We need names n case numbers not just making pronouncements

5 Likes

Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by youngsahito(m): 6:09pm On Feb 25
Be accountable ever quarter on the amount recoverd b4 we hear that anoda snake will swallow EFCC recovered funds

2 Likes

Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by magoo10(m): 6:34pm On Feb 25
I hope the petition of 40trillion brought against wike is part of them .another wild goose chase
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by MrProlific95: 8:41pm On Feb 25
successmatters:
I saw pictures of them last week in the east, stopping random guys walking on the streets, quizzing them, searching phones, fighting with some people and arresting some people.

No arrest warrant, no search warrant, nothing.

They are now the new SARS, that's how it starts, very soon they will start robbing people and kidnapping innocent boys who cannot settle them. They are avoiding the obvious rogues, the politicians whose homes the dollars are stored.

Nobody should protest this, better allow them rob everyone, if you protest now that will call it ipob war and start shooting innocent people. Let this evil keep spreading, Nigeria is an evil place.
Liar, you saw them doing all this and not even a photograph hunnn?
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by Opintiwa: 8:48pm On Feb 25
Congo no better pass Nigeria like this?
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:34am On Feb 26
Audio probe. Bunch of idiots!!!

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:35am On Feb 26
A drug criminal with fake Accounting certificate can never move a country forward.
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by Dozie32(m): 5:36am On Feb 26
Wetin EFCC don use the money wey dem get do for Nigeria? What a useless country

2 Likes

Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by stano2(m): 5:43am On Feb 26
They ones they have been recovering where is it going to.
CBN said there are no records of remittances from EFCC to CBN.

Disorganized country.
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by stano2(m): 5:46am On Feb 26
Isah234:
Incase they need more details about Yahya Bello, ex Kogi Gomina, I'm available
Don’t bother yourself they already know but nothing would be done.
Only the small thieves AKA Yahoo guys are seriously dealt with.
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by 9japride(m): 5:46am On Feb 26
How has the money impacted directly on the masses?
Rather they keep buying latest SUVs and going on irrelevant international trips.
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by Shadomaan7: 5:52am On Feb 26
Wow, its shocking to hear about the massive amount of financial crimes in Nigeria. We all need to take responsibility and work together to end corruption!
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by ulysses: 5:55am On Feb 26
Only Emperor Yahaya Adoza Bello is accused of N80.0 Billion..... EFCC how far na?
buzmanjohn:

https://punchng.com/efcc-to-probe-over-3000-financial-crimes-recovers-n60bn/?amp
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by Father4all: 6:01am On Feb 26
This people don start again. Where are all the billions recovered during Buhari
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by 2mch(m): 6:06am On Feb 26
MajorOvakporaye:
A drug criminal with fake Accounting certificate can never move a country forward.
Let this nuisance narrative rest. Abi were you in a psychiatric ward when it was proven false you crazy wallgecko.
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by Regardless: 6:07am On Feb 26
All talk and paper. Let's see the cases. If it's yahoo boys, you would brand them but hide the major ones that have looted our country dry. Hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by Macphenson: 6:19am On Feb 26
Mr. Chairman, I hope you are also probing how two bullion vans found its way to a private residence on the eve of election.

What about Gandollar that was caught on camera stuffing bribe dollars under hhis babaringa?

Start with these two cases before we take you serious.
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by membranus: 6:34am On Feb 26
2mch:

Let this nuisance narrative rest. Abi were you in a psychiatric ward when it was proven false you crazy wallgecko.

Don't mind her. The obidients have taken over Nairaland with the full backing of Seun Osewa and his gang of anarchist mods.
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by PHAYOL81: 7:09am On Feb 26
Noted
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by OMEGA009(m): 7:43am On Feb 26
W
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by illuminutty: 8:32am On Feb 26
Brouhahaha
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:03am On Feb 26
2mch:

Online warrior on a faceless forum. I bet you, if we meet face to face, I give you just 2 seconds, you will vomit blood.
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by olaolaking: 10:46am On Feb 26
DWickedLandLord:
No be by talk guy .

Where are the arrests n case numbers
Which courts adjudicated the cases

Some of us are more enlightened pass you n not so easily emotionally manipulated

Even for this Nigeria, you can't just seize money just because. They must be proper paper trail

We need names n case numbers not just making pronouncements
Unfortunately you are an ignorant. The cases are not hidden. But how will you know when all you think about starts and ends in nairaland and gistlovers. You need to retract that statement. Illiterate!
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by olaolaking: 10:49am On Feb 26
Regardless:
All talk and paper. Let's see the cases. If it's yahoo boys, you would brand them but hide the major ones that have looted our country dry. Hypocrites.
Upgrade yourself. Don't wait for you to be fed everything. Are you so lazy?
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by Allisgud: 11:01am On Feb 26
Hope their oga oga name is on the list
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by DWickedLandLord: 2:37pm On Feb 26
olaolaking:

Unfortunately you are an ignorant. The cases are not hidden. But how will you know when all you think about starts and ends in nairaland and gistlovers. You need to retract that statement. Illiterate!

🥱
Talk about yearning in the rubbish
Just open mouth...only for shit to come out

"The cases are not hidden" Apparently it is dumbo. What factual information did you provide 🤔😒

Jackass
Re: EFCC To Probe Over 3,000 Financial Crimes, Recovers ₦‎60 Billion by olaolaking: 3:29pm On Feb 26
DWickedLandLord:

🥱
Talk about yearning in the rubbish
Just open mouth...only for shit to come out

"The cases are not hidden" Apparently it is dumbo. What factual information did you provide 🤔😒

Jackass
You didn't request for any information, if you have done, that would have been better than disgracing yourself claiming you are enlightened and couldn't know things made available to the public.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Metropolitian Not Yoruba! 1st Settler Not Yoruba Either / Pictures Of Dana Plane Crash Victims Before They Boarded The Flight / Boko Haram: Latest Video On Shekau Was Manipulated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.