Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson (9430 Views)

Buratai: Spiritual Warfare Prevented Deaths At Lekki Toll Plaza / Deaths At APC Rivers Rally: Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari / Deaths At Rivers State APC Presidential Rally (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by Streetdoctor: 10:03am On Feb 26
jmoore:
According to benuejosh, those that died because of 25kg rice are APC martyrs. They died because of Tinubulation and should be declared saints.

APC supporters like benuejosh are happy that people are dying because of hunger.
As in ehhhhhh, she died while standing on d rotten Manhood. Atleast one idiot is gone and many more idiots to go so that we will know how many sensible people we hv in naija

1 Like

Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by aikyg(m): 10:03am On Feb 26
Is it a sin to be born in Nigeria?
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by Brushstrokes20: 10:04am On Feb 26
As usual, it was caused by the devil abi😈😈🤣😀
Pathetic bunch of bloodthirsty, diabolic clowns! 🤡🤡😁💯💯💯
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by Streetdoctor: 10:05am On Feb 26
thesicilian:
It was a poorly organised event so at least they should accept most of the blame and apologise.
Na so she kpai all bcs she stood on d rotten Manhood of Tinubu
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by honor4me: 10:06am On Feb 26
Forget issues of election or anything. The same scenario happened to me In particular in 1983. Immediately I heard that they were going to sell anything cheaper be expecting the impatients Nigerians to behave to expectations. How many lives had been lost just because a tanker carrying fuel fell down somewhere. Our humanity is long dead. And it’s not because of elections alone. RIP to the dead.
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by Daystar7: 10:07am On Feb 26
Country of blacks, led by blacks and supported by blacks is nothing short of corrupt, chaotic and disorganized. Lol. Black monkeys indeed.
African giant that its citizen are dying of hunger lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by thesicilian: 10:07am On Feb 26
Streetdoctor:

Na so she kpai all bcs she stood on d rotten Manhood of Tinubu
That's your own cup of tea
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by Pootle: 10:08am On Feb 26
truth be told nigerians are very disorganize people, everyone trying to cut corners even in smallest of things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by Acidosis(m): 10:09am On Feb 26
You are selling a bag of rice for N10,000 to a angry and hungry population, and you didn't anticipate that the entire population of Lagos might show up?

This is exactly how the Nigerian Immigration Service killed 16 Nigerian youths during the sham and poorly coordinated recruitment process in 2014.

You will hardly read about events like this from the private sector. So you guys are definitely tactless. There are better ways to distribute rice. You can't throw open the sales process when, for example, all you have is a 5sqm cramped space and 1,000 bags of rice. Why did you invite the entire population of Lagos state when all you had was less than 5,000 bags of rice?

I expect the Senate to invite the Customs boss and everyone involved in this "manslaughter." We can't continue to run a country with blockheaded ideas. How did you not anticipate a stampede?

1 Like

Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by boxypane(m): 10:10am On Feb 26
RoxyBrownAutos:
This is the beginning of sorrow for Nigerians for supporting continuous inefficiency in the ruling APC. It was hunger induced death.
You are very insensitive for this statement.
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by yeshuasfootstep(m): 10:12am On Feb 26
Have you seen the power and courage of a hungry soul.
It fears no death.

I hope government learn from this and come do n from their high horses.
Just hundreds of hungry people can uproot any rock.
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by Thegamingorca(m): 10:12am On Feb 26
You are responsible you useless fvcks
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by chidiokay: 10:18am On Feb 26
immortalcrown:
May the souls of those who died in the event rest in peace.

So, an APC member died in the stampede? I am not mocking the dead. I sincerely wish all the dead a peaceful rest. I just want people to know that when you plant evil thinking it will favour you against those you hate, the evil will not change its nature towards you.

[sub][/sub]
Custom officers are Nigerians. Those who went for the cheap Rice are Nigerians. Most Nigerians are liars. I find neither the Custom nor the stampeders totally innocent in this case.

I just find such statement appalling, election is about choices and everyone exercised there right ... why will a you think someone voted mr B just to get at certain people .. whats the rationale undecided

You people just come up it all manners of absurd mindset, how is my voting for Tinubu an attempt to teach Igbos or Peter Obi a lesson ??
another one trending is Yorubas are begging Igbos to join protest cheesy does tribe even count in protest, or does oyingbo market no say one person no come
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by immortalcrown(m): 10:20am On Feb 26
chidiokay:
I just find such statement appalling, election is about choices and everyone exercised there right ... why will a you think someone voted mr B just to get at certain people .. whats the rationale undecided

You people just come up it all manners of absurd mindset, how is my voting for Tinubu an attempt to teach Igbos or Peter Obi a lesson ??
another one trending is Yorubas are begging Igbos to join protest cheesy does tribe even count in protest, or does oyingbo market no say one person no come
There is a reason for every choice. What is the reason for B as some people's choice?
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by blueAgent(m): 10:27am On Feb 26
dangoteinlaw:
So, I suppose Tinubu is what you consider as success...
Abeg ask that capital FOOL.
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by blueAgent(m): 10:28am On Feb 26
Daystar7:
Country of blacks, led by blacks and supported by blacks is nothing short of corrupt, chaotic and disorganized. Lol. Black monkeys indeed.
African giant that its citizen are dying of hunger lol
100% accurate
Blacks are their own worst enemy.
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by tefund(m): 10:30am On Feb 26
thesicilian:
It was a poorly organised event so at least they should accept most of the blame and apologise.
Nigerian agency can't organise a decent event.

1 Like

Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by Angy55(f): 10:37am On Feb 26
Goodlady:
The way those that were trying to get rice died just showed how uncoordinated Nigeria is in all sectors. Ordinary sharing of rice, 7 people died. And it could be more!
Now, when a sane country is to share food, you know you v huge no of genuinely hungry people and osho-free people coming.
Let there be enough sane security personnel that ll conduct orderliness.
Not security officers that ll be doing unnecessary familiarity with those that want to collect rice or to be asking them for bribes or tips. Make it mandatory to be on queue with armies guiding them. Normally, civilians fear soldiers.
But alas, only God knows how oriburukuly they organized the sharing, queue etc till it resulted in stampede. Maybe the area sef come choke sotey it wasn't spacious. Maybe area boys were around too lurking for harassment.
The Koko is Nigeria is a time bomb ticking. One of the first policies of govt is to start birth control!
Penalise who dey born pass 2 kids!

Nothing is coordinated in Nigeria.
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by Fearurcreeator: 10:39am On Feb 26
Macphenson:
Elections have consequences. That APC woman that died in the stampede now understands better.
So non APC person never died since election... Head dey pain you
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:42am On Feb 26
YOU PEOPLE KNOW IT THAT MOST NIGERIANS ARE UNCIVILIZED ANIMALS,YOU SHOULD HAVE USED A SYSTEM TO DO THIS SALES IN A SANE MANNER.

HAVE PEOPLE BRING NIN ID AND CASH

HAVE CONTROLLED QUEUE POINTS OF ENTRY AND EXIT

BOOK DONE ON COMPUTER ANYONE THAT HAS BEING SOLD TO AND AVOID DOUBLE STANDARD.
It is how you organize the crowd that matters.
THIS IS BASIC,IT'S A NO BRAINER. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT DIE EVEN IF 100MILLION PPL ARE THERE. angry
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by chidiokay: 10:42am On Feb 26
immortalcrown:
There is a reason for every choice. What is the reason for B as some people's choice?

The same reason A has to be some peoples choice is the same reason B has ... thats common sense

Some talk just reeks of foolishness, So i went to queue under the sun to vote Tinubu becos i believe he wil punish IGBos and not becos i feel he can transform the nation to make my life better undecided how delusional can people be

And how will Tinubu punish Igbos without it affecting his supporters, under the same market same economic .. make una dey use una brain naw
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by GenFunction: 10:43am On Feb 26
Una innocent jare,we knw the culprits or shud i say culprit? or culprit nd his co-horts
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by immortalcrown(m): 10:49am On Feb 26
chidiokay:
The same reason A has to be some peoples choice is the same reason B has ... thats common sense

Some talk just reeks of foolishness, So i went to queue under the sun to vote Tinubu becos i believe he wil punish IGBos and not becos i feel he can transform the nation to make my life better undecided how delusional can people be

And how will Tinubu punish Igbos without it affecting his supporters, under the same market same economic .. make una dey use una brain naw
You have not answered my question.

Every choice has a reason. What is the reason B was the choice of some people during the election.

Answer the question when you are ready for the conversation.
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by Bluntemperor: 11:02am On Feb 26
immortalcrown:
May the souls of those who died in the event rest in peace.
So, an APC member died in the stampede? I am not mocking the dead. I sincerely wish all the dead a peaceful rest. I just want people to know that when you plant evil thinking it will favour you against those you hate, the evil will not change its nature towards you.
[sub][/sub]
Custom officers are Nigerians. Those who went for the cheap Rice are Nigerians. Most Nigerians are liars. I find neither the Custom nor the stampeders totally innocent in this case.
On the side of the stampeders, I pointed out earlier that impatience was likely the cause of the stampede. Let those who went for the Rice and witnessed the stampede counter the statement from the Custom unit.
On the other hand, when will the Custom disclose the quantity of Rice confiscated and the quantity of the same Rice made available for the sale that resulted in the stampede?

Nigerian Customs should just accept their faults here,for how can you be selling Commodities like this, without a good Control System being put in place?
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by immortalcrown(m): 11:05am On Feb 26
Bluntemperor:
Nigerian Customs should just accept their faults here,for how can you be selling Commodities like this, without a good Control System being put in place?
Balance your judgement. Nigerians dify every system in Nigeria. It is only when they go to foreign countries that they behave well. Use traffic lights and queues in banking halls in Nigeria as examples. The point is that the stampeders are not totally innocent. Don't put all the blames on the Custom.
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by chidiokay: 11:08am On Feb 26
immortalcrown:
You have not answered my question.

Every choice has a reason. What is the reason B was the choice of some people during the election.

Answer the question when you are ready for the conversation.

A foolish question don't deserve an answer, think whatever you like undecided o se aror monday
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by immortalcrown(m): 11:10am On Feb 26
chidiokay:
A foolish question don't deserve an answer, think whatever you like undecided o se aror monday
You are either ashamed of why B was some people's choice or you are arguing about what you don't know.
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by Streetdoctor: 11:16am On Feb 26
thesicilian:

That's your own cup of tea

Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by bablon20(m): 11:26am On Feb 26
I'll rather call it Cursed Rice not Confiscated Rice.
Re: Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson by benuejosh: 11:30am On Feb 26
jmoore:
According to benuejosh, those that died because of 25kg rice are APC martyrs. They died because of Tinubulation and should be declared saints.

APC supporters like benuejosh are happy that people are dying because of hunger.
You people never celebrate good things. High cost of food is as a result of the illegal increase of prices of food by those who supported Peter Obi. Now that the government has decided to provide food at cheap price, the same obidient supporters were all over the place stampeding others.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obiagu1: Port Harcourt In 1914 Was Igboland Under Owerri Province / EFCC Has Powers To Investigate Benue State Accounts – Court / Dino Melaye To Senator Yayi — "Stop Making Noise! Sit Down, Tinubu Has Seen You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.