Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN (18344 Views)

FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom / Mass Sack, Investment Cuts Loom As Price Rout Shatters Oil Industry / NDIC Raises Alarm On Impending Loom In The Banking Sector!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by andy244: 2:55pm On Feb 26
Melagros:
COMRADES, the article says; unsold goods pile up. This means that we're suffering in the midst of plenty and this implies that we are the cause of our problems
You and who? Meanwhile your purchasing power is the cause. Tinubu has deflated it. The goods are available for sale you can go ahead to purchase them so that you will stop suffering in the midst of plenty..

1 Like

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Johnjustice: 2:56pm On Feb 26
Those people saying government should remove subsidy, what will we gain if government save money for politicians to share and our economy is destroyed?

2 Likes

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by MrBachelor: 2:56pm On Feb 26
The great Tinubulation is just beginning.
Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Emman08: 2:56pm On Feb 26
Tinubunomics at work. Impoverish everyone and they have them living off palliatives.
Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Bfly: 2:56pm On Feb 26
Goods that can’t survive in the global market.
Nigerian manufacturers’s has been killing us with substandard products

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Alfredibaba: 2:56pm On Feb 26
Epected! Who is buying? Many people like me stopped buying items that are secondary.... Body lotion, carbonated drinks, perfume, wares, pastries etc.

1 Like

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Kaa4(m): 2:56pm On Feb 26
This is the begining of the real economic woes when businesses begin to have problems because consumers lack the econmic wherewithal to purchase their outputs. Tinubu must increase salaries to at least a minimum of N300,000.00 to drive the eoconmy and increase capacity to consume in NIgeria.

1 Like

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Shikena(m): 2:57pm On Feb 26
In the book of Genesis, God worked for 6 days and rested on the 7th day.

Our pastorpreneurs, for decades, have been turning our workplaces to worship centers while buying private jets and top range vehicles forcing many to visit worship centers for 6 days a week while their cumulative work life is less than one day a week.

1 Like

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by ufotunang: 2:57pm On Feb 26
We warned you people...vote for Peter obi for a better economy and country and better lifes for nigerians and better standard of living for nigerians...but you refused...you can now see the renewed hope you voted for

1 Like

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by 9jatriot(m): 2:57pm On Feb 26
Exactly, they should export the items.

Win12345:
They should export it, so we can have more dollar or government should buy it and share as palliative.
We must encourage production.
Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by ClearFlair: 2:57pm On Feb 26
Win12345:
They should export it, so we can have more dollar or government should buy it and share as palliative.
We must encourage production.

You don provide ordinary electricity?
Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by frankson1(m): 2:58pm On Feb 26
When they have refused to Produce quality goods/products so they can sell to international communities but choose to keep churning out substandard products undecided
Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Dogalmighty17: 2:58pm On Feb 26
Melagros:
COMRADES, the article says; unsold goods pile up. This means that we're suffering in the midst of plenty and this implies that we are the cause of our problems

Is English that hard to understand?

1 Like

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Menclothing: 2:58pm On Feb 26
We should be exporting local made products
Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Shikena(m): 2:59pm On Feb 26
That's true, by now we would have had Obi's only economic investment in Anambra replicated across the 36 states. Hero beer for everyone. That alone would have solved these issues coming from all our years of economic mismanagement in 9 months.

ufotunang:
We warned you people...vote for Peter obi for a better economy and country and better lifes for nigerians and better standard of living for nigerians...but you refused...you can now see the renewed hope you voted for

1 Like

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Mrbenny001: 3:00pm On Feb 26
Melagros:
So they should sell the goods at lose and kuku fold up abi...do you know the cost of production has gone and most materials and experts imported with high fx

1 Like

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Okechinwadike: 3:03pm On Feb 26
Amfem:
It's finished! Hunger will spell people's names from backwards by the time Tinubu finishes with us.

I know, in time of distresses, if we can call on the name of Jesus. Something must happen.

It happened in the days of Abacha. It can happen again!!
keep deceiving your self. expect Jesus to correct your foolishness and stupidity. when you are busy voting tinubu you don't know abi
Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Entanglement: 3:04pm On Feb 26
Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/job-losses-factory-closures-loom-as-unsold-goods-pile-up-man/
my neibor that's selling multitudes of eggs is crying bitterly that his egg is spoiling and no body is buying it undecided

I was like! Oga reduce your price and sell as discount. But the ediot say he rather his eggs spoil than to sell on discount undecided
Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by BABAawoo47: 3:04pm On Feb 26
Mandate2023:
When u r not making sales and u r still increasing price that's d result
make dem run at loss??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by faceland: 3:05pm On Feb 26
Melagros:

They have reduced the so called purchasing power.

1 Like

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by ifeco4(m): 3:05pm On Feb 26
Melagros:
It means you cannot purchase the quantity you would have ordinarily purchased. It is called a reduction in purchasing power due to inflation.

1 Like

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Honestey: 3:07pm On Feb 26
Mr man has ruined everything including his government
Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Chucks13: 3:08pm On Feb 26
Alright, keep posting bad news till eternity Tinubu is going nowhere he will finish his 8 years in office so post more bad news, shey you see that curse dem curse you people from Southern Nigeri to always fight your own people in Aso Rock as you did to Jonsthan will never work again.

Post more bad news infact tell th old Mogeria have shut down na your headache 4+4=8. That is final.

2 Likes

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by faceland: 3:09pm On Feb 26
Just for the record. My end on month salary has already finished in debt... So next week once I collect my salary I use 100% to settle backlog of bills and debts.

These manufacturers better go and study their market. Who are their target customers?... because the old customers can't patronize them no more.
Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Godfullsam(m): 3:09pm On Feb 26
Och77:
They thought they were doing Peter Obi, not knowing they were doing themselves.

Who is peter obi?

Is he the same obi that you all condemned and cursed when he saw through 8 yrs of disastrous maladministration in anambra state?

Forget about him pls.

He has nothing to offer.

Like obi like balablu...

1 Like

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by dominique(f): 3:09pm On Feb 26
Then they should stop inflating the price of their goods or reach out to middlemen and agree on fixing prices in rh goods. The indomie I'm currently having was bought at around 6,500 per carton, now I'm hearing it's over 10k. Once I'm done with that carton, I'm not buying again. The economy is making people cut costs by all means and purchase power has reduced. The greedy distributors and wholesalers should keep increasing prices of items, na them go lose last last.

1 Like

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by BABAawoo47: 3:10pm On Feb 26
Entanglement:
my neibor that's selling multitudes of eggs is crying bitterly that his egg is spoiling and no body is buying it undecided

I was like! Oga reduce your price and sell as discount. But the ediot say he rather his eggs spoil than to sell on discount undecided
You want him to run at loss? Farmers will just rather stop producing the eggs. And you'll be back to 1980

1 Like

Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Brushstrokes20: 3:11pm On Feb 26
# eBOLA on rampage 💯💯
The insatiable vulture has come to STEAL, KILL AND DESTROY!
Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Godfullsam(m): 3:12pm On Feb 26
Let them keep stock piling goods.

They don't want to bring down the price of goods so that people can buy.

Greedy manufacturers
Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Streetdoctor: 3:13pm On Feb 26
odenkirk:
tinubu is killing this country tinubu is killing us tinubu must resign this madness is enough
Best ting that has ever happened to Nigerians should be Tinubu. Bcs d mandate is still fresh
Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by Bluearrow: 3:15pm On Feb 26
Johnjustice:
Those people saying government should remove subsidy, what will we gain if government save money for politicians to share and our economy is destroyed?
Don't mind them
Subsidy is the only thing an average man enjoy from govt. Without subsidy, politicians will still end up looting the money.
Re: Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN by oilyngbati(m): 3:15pm On Feb 26
Melagros:
You’re not suffering in the midst of plenty, rather you’re suffering from high cost of goods, due to rapid inflation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Prevent Loan Apps Like Sokoloan From Calling My Contacts / Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention / 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.