Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly (663 Views)

Why Do Igbos Reject Restructuring Back To Regionalism / Ironsi Destroyed Regionalism: Nobody Can Revise History! / Aguiyi-ironsi Did Not Dissolve Regionalism Nor Did He Introduce Unitary Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by NaijaPrince18: 4:46pm On Feb 26
There’s nothing good out of unitary government for SW. the country has already stripped SW of its progress in the name of “one Nigeria”

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by Depriest2020: 4:51pm On Feb 26
They can do it through DAWN.
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by NaijaPrince18: 4:53pm On Feb 26
Zooposki:

So it’s now you fools are realizing that the North is not your friend and will keep you stagnant (I beg you pardon for calling you fools in advance). The East has their own wahala but collaboration with them is better cos you both have the same vision, which is to advance.
We have always called for restructuring it’s the east that begs for unity when we declare our intentions. Always begging Yoruba people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by T9ksy(m): 5:42pm On Feb 26
Zooposki:

So it’s now you fools are realizing that the North is not your friend and will keep you stagnant (I beg you pardon for calling you fools in advance). The East has their own wahala but collaboration with them is better, cos you both have the same vision, which is to advance.

Of course, we do know that the North has never been our friends. We know and still remember our history such as how we spent the best of the 1800s fighting off these barbarians from the Sahel.

As for your suggestion about west collaborating with you igbos? Hell NO! We don't share the same vision. In fact, our ideologies are on parallel planes. All the igbos want is, who to dominate in every sense of the word and exploit (just like their former Colonial master) whilst we yorubas just want to develop at our own pace and do owambes.

Op, we don't need Regionalism to develop ourselves. We had Regionalism before but some "smart Alecs" decided unilaterally, that Regionalism is not good for us rather we all need to be united to develop and be more prosperous. Incidentally, it was only when they were in power at the center.

Once kicked out of power, they suddenly remembered "Confederacy". Who wants to stay with such duplicitous folks in the same union?

6 Likes

Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by Iamanoited: 8:37pm On Feb 26
YES YOU ARE RIGHT. REGIONAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMISSIONS, REDC, WILL OPERATE BETTER AFTER THE ADOPTION OF FAPRES FOTCS AND CTC FOCS TRFG.

1 Like

Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by flokii: 8:46pm On Feb 26
To be very honest, I don't consider North as enemies of Yorubaland cos if you check well, they are also victims and have tried several times to break away from Nigeria especially after the first bloody Igbo coup of 15th January, 1966 that wiped off so many prominent Northerners from the face of the earth.
The real culprits behind the misfortunes in Nigeria are Ironsi, Azikiwe and their kins who didn't want regional government but unitary government so they can be in control of all region's resources in Nigeria at the centre.. The Northerners only took the structure the SEners created, reason we are where we are today.

Even up till this 2024, they'll continue to make efforts to ensure we don't achieve restructuring with the hope that they'll one day grab the presidency and dominate all other Nigerians. While others are thinking of ways to move forward, all they want is stagnation where they'll be calling the shots over everyone.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by AlexBells(m): 8:48pm On Feb 26
The kind of restructuring you desire you will not get, oduduwa you will still not get, argue for state police and resource control. The 36 states and capital is sacrosanct.
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by AlexBells(m): 8:52pm On Feb 26
flokii:
To be very honest, I don't consider North as enemies of Yorubaland cos if you check well, they are also victims and have tried several times to break away from Nigeria especially after the first bloody Igbo coup of 15th January, 1966 that wiped off so many prominent Northerners from the face of the earth.
The real culprits behind the misfortunes in Nigeria are Ironsi, Azikiwe and their kins who didn't want regional government but unitary government so they can be in control of all region's resources in Nigeria at the centre.. The Northerners only took the structure the SEners created, reason we are where we are today.

Even up till this 2024, they'll continue to make efforts to ensure we don't achieve restructuring with the hope that they'll one day grab the presidency and dominate all other Nigerians. While others are thinking of ways to move forward, all they want is stagnation where they'll be calling the shots over everyone.
It is not a must we grab the presidency but if it is the Will of God it shall happen, insha allah. The presidential system is more stable. If you don’t like it, I don’t know what to say but lobby the senate and house of rep to use 2/3 majority to implement secession clause or something. For now, the East is in charge of the senate. By the East I mean south East south south
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by Zooposki(f): 8:53pm On Feb 26
AlexBells:

It is not a must we grab the presidency but if it is the Will of God it shall happen, insha allah. The presidential system is more stable. If you don’t like it, I don’t know what to say but lobby the senate and house of rep to use 2/3 majority to implement secession clause or something. For now, the East is in charge of the senate. By the East I mean south East south south

Please leave South South out of your talk. We want regionalism and restructuring aka resource control etc.
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by AlexBells(m): 8:57pm On Feb 26
Zooposki:

Please leave South South out of your talk.
As the King Jaja of Opobo that you are Na. See this one lol. Igbos are majority in south south. Do you know how many local governments Igbos ocupy in south south, tell me any other tribe that has two state capital in south south lol
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by Zooposki(f): 8:58pm On Feb 26
AlexBells:
The kind of restructuring you desire you will not get, oduduwa you will still not get, argue for state police and resource control. The 36 states and capital is sacrosanct.
And what kind of restructuring are they looking for?
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by flokii: 8:58pm On Feb 26
AlexBells:

How people fail to see that you folks from SE are the real problems with Nigeria is what I don't understand.
You're neither here nor there.. always looking for crisis to make profit from.

Whether you like it or not, we'll change the structure to a more efficient and sustainable one away from the one Azikiwe and Ironsi envisaged to keep all Nigerians under bondage.

1 Like

Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by AlexBells(m): 8:59pm On Feb 26
Zooposki:

And what kind of restructuring are they looking for?
They want back to regional government where they could have regional government like in the first republic. Let the figure out themselves in Yorubaland and stop disturbing Nigeria. The Federal Republic of Nigeria shall remain unitary unless they want disintegration
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by Zooposki(f): 9:01pm On Feb 26
AlexBells:
They want back to regional government where they could have regional government like in the first republic. Let the figure out themselves in Yorubaland and stop disturbing Nigeria. The Federal Republic of Nigeria shall remain unitary unless they want disintegration

And how is wanting regional government bad?
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by AlexBells(m): 9:01pm On Feb 26
flokii:

How people fail to see that you folks from SE are the real problems with Nigeria is what I don't understand.
You're neither here nor there.. always looking for crisis to make profit from.

Whether you like it or not, we'll change the structure to a more efficient and sustainable one away from the one Azikiwe and Ironsi envisaged to keep all Nigerians under bondage.
Go and try Na, if you want to leave, leave if you are staying, you stay in the terms of the federal republic. You won’t be allowed to run a country inside a country, recall your senators and leave no one will fight to stop you that’s a guarantee but if you want to stay, you stay peacefully
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by AlexBells(m): 9:04pm On Feb 26
Zooposki:

And how is wanting regional government bad?
It is bad, Becuase it is unstable, it caused the first war, regional players held everyone to ransoms in the first republic. Forget what eldarado they are painting it today, it wasn’t all that efficient. The wild Wild West was another issue, anti other region sentiments was high, it could have ended worse
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by Zooposki(f): 9:05pm On Feb 26
AlexBells:

It is bad, Becuase it is unstable, it caused the first war, regional players held everyone to ransoms in the first republic. Forget what eldarado they are painting it today, it wasn’t all that efficient. The wild Wild West was another issue, anti other region sentiments was high, it could have ended worse

A lot of other African countries operate regionalism and they are thriving.
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by alanto: 9:06pm On Feb 26
NaijaPrince18:
There’s nothing good out of unitary government for SW. the country has already stripped SW of its progress in the name of “one Nigeria”
Walahi
Imagine all the great things that we are exporting to the outside world.

Now na the whole Nigeria get Nollywood and Afrobeat
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by AlexBells(m): 9:10pm On Feb 26
Zooposki:

A lot of other African countries operate regionalism and they are thriving.
Are those African countries same as Nigeria? Nigeria stands on a tripod with three major ambitious tribe. Regional government doesn’t Favour minorities. More power to these three major tribes would easily threaten the country. Imagine the East facing the whole Nigeria. What do you think would have happened if the East was led by an astute military commander. It can’t work. Nigeria needed to be broken up into smaller regions and that’s how we git to this 36 states and capital. Every tribe should figure out themselves and stop disturbing Nigerians no one owe any tribe regional government. They should work with their traditional government
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by IamAtikulate: 9:13pm On Feb 26
flokii:

So SE is the reason you have failed to restructure the country after producing a Head of State, 2 Presidents and a VP?

Commissioning of 24/7 electricity really pained you people. We love the tears. Keep it flowing

😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by AlexBells(m): 9:14pm On Feb 26
alanto:

Walahi
Imagine all the great things that we are exporting to the outside world.

Now na the whole Nigeria get Nollywood and Afrobeat
Some of you guys are tribalistic ingrates. When you were doing Yorubawood until you jioned Nollywood, what did you export. You seem to forget that all the vibes you are getting is the Nigerian effect. Breakup let’s see how your so called export will thrive.
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by alanto: 9:24pm On Feb 26
AlexBells:
Some of you guys are tribalistic ingrates. When you were doing Yorubawood until you jioned Nollywood, what did you export. You seem to forget that all the vibes you are getting is the Nigerian effect. Breakup let’s see how your so called export will thrive.
Wanem? You know want Biafra again? Speak about something special about Biafra. Dont hate on the Yorubas

1 Like

Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by AlexBells(m): 9:30pm On Feb 26
alanto:

Wanem? You know want Biafra again? Speak about something special about Biafra. Dont hate on the Yorubas
I don’t believe in Biafra with minorities. Instead of such Biafra let Nigeria continue. I’m not hating on Yorubas rather it is a sound warning. If they want to stay they stay, if they want to leave they should make it real same is applicable to Biafrans and Arewans. This the federal republic of Nigeria. Every year the same story since 1960. Awo said Zik rejected the secession clause, Igbos left in 67, why didn’t they leave or return to regional government. Anyone who does anyhow may see anyhow this time around
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by alanto: 9:35pm On Feb 26
AlexBells:
I don’t believe in Biafra with minorities. Instead of such Biafra let Nigeria continue. I’m not hating on Yorubas rather it is a sound warning. If they want to stay they stay, if they want to leave they should make it real same is applicable to Biafrans and Arewans. This the federal republic of Nigeria. Every year the same story since 1960. Awo said Zik rejected the secession clause, Igbos left in 67, why didn’t they leave or return to regional government. Anyone who does anyhow may see anyhow this time around
What's Biafra with minority? There are 5 Biafran states of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo. Which on is the minority?
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by AlexBells(m): 9:38pm On Feb 26
alanto:

What's Biafra with minority? There are 5 Biafran states of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo. Which on is the minority?
I want AlaIgbo, some part of the south East will not be part of any country of Igbos post Nigeria and some of our people In south south and north central will stay with us. There are Igala people in some part of south East those ones will join their kins while our people in other geopolitical zone will join us that’s if the regrettable happens but for now we owns the Federal republic and no one goes nowhere
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by Bestmanfornow: 9:49pm On Feb 26
NaijaPrince18:

We have always called for restructuring it’s the east that begs for unity when we declare our intentions. Always begging Yoruba people.
Regional government east will be the first region to experience 247 uninterrupted power supply
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by alanto: 9:51pm On Feb 26
AlexBells:
I want AlaIgbo, some part of the south East will not be part of any country of Igbos post Nigeria and some of our people In south south and north central will stay with us. There are Igala people in some part of south East those ones will join their kins while our people in other geopolitical zone will join us that’s if the regrettable happens but for now we owns the Federal republic and no one goes nowhere
Lol. You don't really want Biafra
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by alanto: 9:52pm On Feb 26
Bestmanfornow:

Regional government east will be the first region to experience 247 uninterrupted power supply

Dey play. Whoever is ruling y'all will just share kerosene and boom you are loyal

AlexBells:
But Aba got 247 power before Lagos lol

How? The power has not been distributed yet?

Lagos had this long ago

Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by AlexBells(m): 9:57pm On Feb 26
alanto:

Lol. You don't really want Biafra
You didn’t check my history? I’m a Zikist and while I regret Nzeogwus coups I idolize him for some of his values like honor and courage. Now this should bring the end of discussion. I’m Igbo first and Nigerian second. Some of my brothers and sisters want Biafra. I respect Thier desire so far as they respect the lines. They are smart enough and so far never crossed it, they are asking for referendum that’s mature and sensible
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by alanto: 9:59pm On Feb 26
AlexBells:
You didn’t check my history? I’m a Zikist and while I regret Nzeogwus coups I idolize him for some of his values like honor and courage. Now this should bring the end of discussion. I’m Igbo first and Nigerian second.
And if I say I don't get what you are driving at?
Re: SW Needs Regionalism To Develop Properly by AlexBells(m): 9:59pm On Feb 26
alanto:

Dey play. Whoever is ruling y'all will just share kerosene and boom you are loyal
But Aba got 247 power before Lagos lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obiawusa- Peter Obi Has Become The Whipping Boy / Student Leader Detained In U.s / The New Mtn Code For Making Calls Free To All Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.