Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,209 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

How I Funded Aba Geometric Power From Start To Finish - Alex Otti. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Funded Aba Geometric Power From Start To Finish - Alex Otti. (258 Views)

Alex Ekwueme & Olasubomi Balogun Story: Nobody Knows Tomorrow (Pictures) / How Alex Otti Ruined Diamond Bank -emmanuel Chima / Abraham Otti Buys New G-class SUV Ahead Of Christmas (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Funded Aba Geometric Power From Start To Finish - Alex Otti. by Penguin2: 9:56pm On Feb 26
Some people were here saying Governor Otti deserves no credit for the Aba Geometric Power that was inaugurated today.

Some went as far as claiming that Yaradua started what is clearly a private investment just because Yaradua inaugurated it. Maybe they will say Shettima now owns it because he commissioned it.

Well, this is Alex Otti reeling out how he participated in funding the project from start to finish.
“In 2010, Prof. Barth Nnaji came to see me in First Bank, Lagos, where I served as an ED. He needed the support of the bank to complete the project, the funding of which had been unfortunately stopped two years before, by the bank that originally started the project This bank happened to be Diamond Bank. After securing approval for an $85m facility from First Bank of Nigeria, Geometric Power could not draw on the facility as it had become public knowledge that I was resuming as the Group Managing Director of Diamond Bank, shortly.

As I resumed in Diamond on March 1, 2011, I put together a team that saw to the restructuring of the challenged facility and resumed funding of the project to completion. By the time I left Diamond, the three General Electric turbines and the 27km gas pipeline were in place.A combination of factors including ownership tussle over the Aba ring fence, sale of the oil block where the feed gas was going to come from to a new investor, and additional funding challenges conspired to delay project delivery for close to 10 years.

On assumption of office May 29, 2023, my team and I quickly folded our sleeves and started working with Geometric to resolve the gas supply problem by directly interfacing with top management of NNPC and today we have gas flowing to the turbines"

Alex otti explaining his involvement in the actualization of the Geometric Power dream at the launching today.
https:///von_bismack/status/1762215500715577485?s=46&t=2AB_wrBea-oBYJf5ZCFV-A
Nlfpmod
Re: How I Funded Aba Geometric Power From Start To Finish - Alex Otti. by MrNovo: 10:16pm On Feb 26
Tough man
Alex Otti has always been an achiever. From First bank to Diamond bank and now Governor Abia state.
I pray almighty God continues to replenish your wisdom and bless you more. Amen
Re: How I Funded Aba Geometric Power From Start To Finish - Alex Otti. by saintokwuluora(m): 10:29pm On Feb 26
Una see am!!! Una VP na just decoration for the commission. Clueless class.
Re: How I Funded Aba Geometric Power From Start To Finish - Alex Otti. by Massiveglory: 10:30pm On Feb 26
Ignore them. Forgive them.
Many of them were litte kids in nursery and primary school then.

They just woke up and thought theu could turn it to the usual slogan of " tinubu built lagos"
Re: How I Funded Aba Geometric Power From Start To Finish - Alex Otti. by yarimo(m): 10:44pm On Feb 26
ALEX OTTI funded kill you there. Narration of lies to his illiterate supporters
Re: How I Funded Aba Geometric Power From Start To Finish - Alex Otti. by Amayanabo01: 11:24pm On Feb 26
yarimo:
ALEX OTTI funded kill you there. Narration of lies to his illiterate supporters
bitterness kills faster than cancer

(1) (Reply)

Top Edged Solution For Your Idea, Talentsand Product / Promo Professional Website For As Low As 10k From Voyacon Technoloy / Do you need a Professional Logo and Website for your Business this Season?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.