Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,505 members, 7,812,556 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents (40034 Views)

Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji / Vice President Shettima Commissions Geometric Power Plant In Aba / Peter Obi In Abia State For The Commissioning of Aba Geometric Power (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Buliwyf: 7:15am On Feb 27
Walai:
Go school una say school na scam. Ordinary to comprehend one sentence is a problem. Did I mention this project in my statement?

Then you are actually an idiot that doesn't know how to make a lucid point. You should probably take your own advice and go to school and learn comprehensible writing. In the context of the thread your statement seems to be attributing the power plant to Peter Obi. Just admit you goofed and accept their correction in good faith instead of fooling yourself here.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Walai(m): 7:31am On Feb 27
I'm dragging you out of the bush but like a typical black man, you insist on ignorance.
Gov. Alex Otti provided the political will and enabling environment for the project after many years and H.E Peter Obi is Gov. Otti's political influencer.
Your Tinubu started same IPP project in 1999 but it failed, does it mean Lagos don't have money to do it no. The political will is not there.

Buliwyf:

Then you are actually an idiot that doesn't know how to make a lucid point. You should probably take your own advice and go to school and learn comprehensible writing. In the context of the thread your statement seems to be attributing the power plant to Peter Obi. Just admit you goofed and accept their correction in good faith instead of fooling yourself here.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by abdsamad(m): 7:36am On Feb 27
DavidEsq:

Why do people always have plenty of words with little scriptures, when it comes to talking about God related things? Always plenty words.

E ma binu. We'll try to use fewer words and make more sense in future
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Buliwyf: 7:38am On Feb 27
Walai:
I'm dragging you out of the bush but like a typical black man, you insist on ignorance.
Gov. Alex Otti provided the political will and enabling environment for the project after many years and H.E Peter Obi is Gov. Otti's political influencer.
Your Tinubu started same IPP project in 1999 but it failed, does it mean Lagos don't have money to do it no. The political will is not there.

Now you have exposed your based mentality you low-thinking self-hating monkey. You should have just shut up and I won't have had to take you to school. But like something typical of people with very low intelligence and lots of self-assurance you had to open your mouth and disgrace yourself in front of the whole world.

Pseudo-intellectual clowns like you think it takes 7 months to finish a project like that? You are a joker. That project was started during GEJ's tenure and finished by Buhari's tenure. There was just some arguments about how to distribute the power and other stuff delaying the commissioning. It was even a recent bill passed by the house of assembly at the end of Buhari's regime that resolved the quagmire. For you semi-illiterate baboon to think that this project was enabled by Otti shows that you are neither well read nor even well educated. I am sure you are one of those school dropouts that went to learn boy-boy trade and started trying to dabble in topics beyond what your brain was designed to comprehend.

Leave Tinubu out of this. There are a few IPP he initiated that were finished in Fashola's tenure. We are not discussing Tinubu here. We are not even discussing Peter Obi or Alex Otti or even politics here. We are discussing your foolishness and misguided notions.

Next time shut up and try to learn from people smarter than you and take corrections when they correct you instead of first lying that they couldn't comprehend you then going out to expose your mental handicap to the whole world. Lol 😆😆
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by popcykaylah(m): 7:48am On Feb 27
Golan007:
Tinubu's legacy.
Dog go chop your mouth
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Bintasukai: 7:51am On Feb 27
[quote author=AngelicBeing post=128665480][/quote]

What are you going on about. Hunger ke, because the 2 of us Dey online you assume say wetin Dey do you Dey do me. Na cheap data cause am.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by lawani: 7:52am On Feb 27
Gas supply contract can not be enforced at gun point. Gas is gas and the best way is to ignore the pipelines and give supply contracts to private companies using trucks to deliver the gas. In the long run it will prove cheaper for the company because it will be a true free market in the upstream but government should reach an agreement with the company on a formula to use to charge consumers.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Smooyis(m): 8:04am On Feb 27
Walai:
Just imagine Peter Obi's influenced legacy template in Abia is replicated nationwide. Dunno why people hate good thing seriously embarassed
With time other states will tow the same way and it will be replicated all over the country. Relax, everything is not politics. Peter Obi is a good man and would have done well if he had the opportunity, but it's Tinubu that is there now and with the ABA experiment, 24/7 electricity is possible everywhere. Let's support him.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Dericinn: 8:05am On Feb 27
The only state that benefited from the last Emgeneral elections ..
we probably know why
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by DavidEsq(m): 8:16am On Feb 27
abdsamad:

E ma binu. We'll try to use fewer words and make more sense in future
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 This guy
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by LagosG: 8:41am On Feb 27
lexy2014:

In what way? pls explain what you mean.
You shouldn't have wasted your time replying him
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by lexy2014: 8:43am On Feb 27
LagosG:

You shouldn't have wasted your time replying him

is it not my time? is it your time?
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by LagosG: 8:52am On Feb 27
lexy2014:

is it not my time? is it your time?
Pele
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Facidio: 9:12am On Feb 27
nlfpmod:

By Ugodre

Nice illustration but am very sure they must have put all the concerns you raised into play before now. Are you aware they manufacture Thier own prepaid meters,..? Distribution might be an issue in the first month's but more persons will key in as long as the light is constant. For constructing a gas line it means they mean business. The prof is an Engineer and if you know engineers very well,... everything they do must be properly designed, analysed to see the up and down, the do's and donts , the risks and Hazards, and any mitigating effects incase of any unpleasant thing. Let's hope this works.... and it will be a model for other states to follow. True federalism is gradually beginning in Nigeria
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by CaptainFM1: 9:15am On Feb 27
Forumobserver12:

How can you call this a white elephant project? A project that was solely executed by private investors A WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECT? Does it mean that the was not needed in the first place or what?

These are the kind of project both public and private entities need to embark on nationwide cos we need energy to drive out economy as a nation....

I don't think you know the meaning of "white elephant project". Anyway, I have giving the main challenge the power plant will face.

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Decryptor(m): 9:20am On Feb 27
Walai:
Just imagine Peter Obi's influenced legacy template in Abia is replicated nationwide. Dunno why people Nigerians hate good thing seriously embarassed

Fixed!
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Decryptor(m): 9:43am On Feb 27
CaptainFM1:
Gas supply will be the doom of this white elephant project.

How will the gas that is in large quantity be a doom for it? Or you don't know that necessary preliminary findings must have been effected to ascertain that there is enough gas to power it?

Mr Pessimist!
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Kay25(m): 9:54am On Feb 27
Funkyswagzz:

But you forgot the project was abandoned including the altar morden market in aba but labour party came in and completed all of them. Look at the time you mentioned and the past governors. You guys should stop arguing blindly labour party is transforming abia state speedily.
I agree alex oti is doing well but don't just give him the credit yet...same way ikpeazu started but didn't maintain the tempo
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by CaptainFM1: 10:09am On Feb 27
Decryptor:

How will the gas that is in large quantity be a doom for it? Or you don't know that necessary preliminary findings must have been effected to ascertain that there is enough gas to power it?

Mr Pessimist!

Is there a time gas has never been in copious quantity?

Is there a time oil has never been in large quantity?

Go to the states that are producing these gas and you will understand that FG and cabals in the industry would rather sell the gas to foreign market because it earns them more money.

Do you think citizens living on 30K minimum wage can afford for efficiency and effectiveness that will drive the value of the plant?

Why do you think Labour are now proposing minimum pay to be between 500k and 1million Naira. It's high time you understand that everything is interwoven.

The intrinsic market value of the gas itself is more than what a power generating plant will offer simply because Nigerian market cannot pay the actual value of the energy.

I hope you understand better now?
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Achoghim: 10:15am On Feb 27
You're really dense for calling a 188MW power plant a white elephant project, in a country that is severely lacking in power generation capacity.
CaptainFM1:
Gas supply will be the doom of this white elephant project.
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:16am On Feb 27
Kay25:

I agree alex oti is doing well but don't just give him the credit yet...same way ikpeazu started but didn't maintain the tempo

Otti was part of the project even before he became the governor
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by CaptainFM1: 10:20am On Feb 27
Achoghim:
You're really dense for calling a 188MW power plant a white elephant project, in a country that is severely lacking in power generation capacity.

You can air your view without being insultive.

Anyway, in-case you don't understand the meaning of white elephant project, below screenshot explains better. I already give the major obstacle to the project. You will understand better with time. If you need more information on my point, I've written long enough on this thread to elaborate. Try check my other posting.

You must understand that the intrinsic market value of the gas itself is far more than the market value of a gas to electric power plant in a country where the average citizens earns below 30k.

How then do you want to run such a business to serve locally? Unless government continues with subsidy or the people's purchasing power is exponentially increased, the Nigerian market cannot pay for the effective and efficient running of that plant. Remember gas itself already has a market value that's beyond what Nigerians can pay for, let alone it's conversation to electrical energy.

This is the main reason why FG and the cabals would rather be exporting our gas. Otherwise, it won't cost Nigerian government anything to set up gas powered electricity plant in every local government of the country.

Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by mbaise1000: 11:46am On Feb 27
Emmabyte:
All you mention work together for the betterment of all of us in abia oga get lost

You are do pained and in agony, it shouldn't necessarily be so, why resort to insults unprovoked, even if provoked? Do you know that when you resort to insults, you already lost?
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by lawani: 11:52am On Feb 27
Though I am a Chemical engineer with a little experience in gas as a student and I have also published the most important renewable energy paper ever submitted to the USAF but I am not on the ground there in Abia state I therefore used the IFA oracle.
IFA said ten big gas trucks is the required gas consumption for the plant per day and seventy will ensure smooth operations for a week and of course the supply contract can be easily awarded to private companies and the cost of delivery will be going down steeply as more companies join and this is what has been operational in the RCCG camp for over ten years. It is not something difficult at all but if they rely on pipeline it may be difficult unless they are guaranteed by government and such a guarantee is not pro free market
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by odduduwa: 12:01pm On Feb 27
Abagworo:
This long grammar means kitikiti katakata for Abians. There's still a long way to go for Aba to achieve 24/7 power as being touted everywhere
exactly, there isvmo light here since yesterday, i dey world bank housing estate
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Allisgud: 12:26pm On Feb 27
diesel dealers association of Nigeria should be closely watched angry
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Emmabyte: 12:31pm On Feb 27
Who be this one
mbaise1000:

You are do pained and in agony, it shouldn't necessarily be so, why resort to insults unprovoked, even if provoked? Do you know that when you resort to insults, you already lost?
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Greenback: 5:43pm On Feb 27
flokii:
Igbos are now waking up while my Yoruba people are still in deep slumber.. God help us.
And they shall continue to remain in that slumber as long as they've made Igbo this, Igbo that,Betty Anyanwu this their daily and life mission 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Apel147(m): 6:02pm On Feb 27
Hope poor folks can afford it?
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by mbaise1000: 8:11pm On Feb 27
Emmabyte:
Who be this one
The nemesis of simple minds from every side
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Emmabyte: 10:03am On Feb 28
How is the protests going hungry nemesis
mbaise1000:

The nemesis of simple minds from every side
Re: What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents by Yong4ever: 2:11pm On Feb 28
nlfpmod:

By Ugodre
First time Abia state would have a transformational leader, it used to be looters for the state, eg the kalus...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki, Ekweremadu Will Be Sent Packing Next Week – Senator Marafa / Buhari Endorses Abdullahi Adamu As APC National Chairman / Serious Fighting In Zaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.