Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) (18124 Views)

President Buhari Sacks Saleh Mamman and Sabo Nanono As Ministers / June 12: Mr Macaroni Joins Protesters In Lagos (Photo) / Sabo Nanono Marries 18-Year-Old Rakiya In Secret Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by LadyExcellency: 11:53am On Feb 27
oglalasioux:
More things have been stolen in the name of religion than anything else in history. More people have been killed in the name of God than in all natural disasters in history.

Once a politician's name starts with Pastor or Reverend, run.

Stop this nonsense. Religion brought civilization and science. Atheism is the worst form of religion that doesn't come with social/human development nor support family bonds. It doesn't tolerate redemption and forgiveness.

It's like you were born yesterday. You were born into the traditional religion of your ancestors whether you like it or not.
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by Augustenite(m): 12:08pm On Feb 27
Immatex:

I don't miss Nigeria!

Hoping to visit in 8 years time.

For now, I can't be bothered!

Go and work and stop all this nonsense talk on nairaland. You have lots of bills to pay
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by ufotunang: 12:11pm On Feb 27
What are they praying for,? 🙄
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by kushme: 12:25pm On Feb 27
kcprince:
Lagos is no longer a good investment destination. Too much taxes and levies and area boys

A den of tax collectors.

1 Like

Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by kushme: 12:29pm On Feb 27
Yampotatocarrot:
They even have ticket?

Come to Iyana-Ipaja in the evening, those without shops pay to three different people between 5pm and 7pm... You'll see the tax collectors holding huge bale of money... They've now recruited women as tax collectors also

Sometimes, I wonder where the money is going to

Drinking and eating
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by PHAYOL81: 12:29pm On Feb 27
If you feel you don't like the taxes, better leave the market for the association. In as much as you still stick around, then you would have to pay all levies proposed for the proper management of the market.
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by VULCAN(m): 12:40pm On Feb 27
I am yet to see a parking ticket at home or abroad that does not boldly say "parking ticket"

Not sure how you came about such a thought

idealogical:
So, picture if a common ticket is now people being forced to pay for prayer. ?

Looks more like a parking ticket for Friday prayer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by viceddy95(m): 12:43pm On Feb 27
oglalasioux:
More things have been stolen in the name of religion than anything else in history. More people have been killed in the name of God than all natural disasters in history.

Once a politician's name starts with Pastor or Reverend, run.
What you wrote doesn’t have any sense in it….if you don’t have any thing meaningful to write next time always learn to read and pass….
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by greatseed: 1:08pm On Feb 27
idealogical:

I also think it's a parking ticket for Friday, cos most Muslims refer to Friday as prayer day. But a lot of pple are too confused.
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by luskysylver(m): 1:19pm On Feb 27
HAHAHAH.
Noblechykk:
Nothing wey person no go see for this evil forest called a country
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by luvinhubby(m): 1:20pm On Feb 27
Noblechykk:

Evil forest grin
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by Lovestrong(m): 1:48pm On Feb 27
kcprince:
Lagos is no longer a good investment destination. Too much taxes and levies and area boys
lol! Christianity is free but u need to buy Bible.
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by Agunesinjaweola: 2:09pm On Feb 27
idealogical:

Parking Ticket for Friday prayer makes sense
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by prophetfire: 2:37pm On Feb 27
Noblechykk:
Tinubu s daughter learning work from her father.
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by tfelicityk(m): 3:04pm On Feb 27
Who is the person in charge of the prayers levy in the market?

You guys should call the attention of the local government chairman in that area attention to it.

Some hoodlums are using names dropping to extort you.
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by Immatex(m): 4:32pm On Feb 27
Augustenite:

Go and work and stop all this nonsense talk on nairaland. You have lots of bills to pay

You wey no get work now, how you wan come pay bills na?
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by JessicaRabbit(f): 5:07pm On Feb 27
LadyExcellency:

Stop this nonsense. Religion brought civilization and science. Atheism is the worst form of religion that doesn't come with social/human development nor support family bonds. It doesn't tolerate redemption and forgiveness.

It's like you were born yesterday. You were born into the traditional religion of your ancestors whether you like it or not.

Sorry, buttercup, but you're wrong on so many levels here. But for time, I could write an entire dissertation dismantling the trite arguments you posed here, but I will just address two of the points raised in this short riposte.

First of all, don't you guys ever get tired of calling atheism a "religion"? Atheism is the absence of belief in deities, not a belief system itself. It's like calling baldness a hairstyle. Additionally, you're sliding down a very slippery slope by making a dangerous generalization when you suggest that atheism lacks social/human development or family support. I don't know if you heard yourself well, but your statement there reads like the words of a prejudiced bigot. Plenty of atheists were and are exemplary members of their communities, fostering strong family bonds and contributing positively to society (Tai Solarin in Nigeria, for example).

I also like how you boldly stated that everyone was born into the traditional religion of his/her ancestors, completely disregarding the concept of individual agency and the right to question and choose one's beliefs. You are the one who's naive here, and blind to the facts of reality.
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by olamike02: 5:20pm On Feb 27
This is normal thing now. Probably to offer sacrifice to their God(god).
Your mum has the option of paying or damned the consequences
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by Sniper101(m): 6:07pm On Feb 27
Immatex:

I don't miss Nigeria!

Hoping to visit in 8 years time.

For now, I can't be bothered!

My bro came visiting from Dubai for four weeks off-duty vacation in his father land. We went for shopping and he couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the prices of things.
i.e something he said he bought for 70naira barely three years ago(when he was still here) was now being sold for 800naira.
Long story short, he had to cut short his stay by moving his flight date backward because according to him, he's not feeling the country anymore.

PS: Someone here some days ago said "Nigeria is gone" ...right now, I am seriously wishing that that is not the case.
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by Goldbw122(m): 7:39am On Feb 28
shortgun:

Source: Dios Shop

Scammers in broad day light.. 😂
Re: Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) by Thazard(m): 8:31am On Mar 01
Noblechykk:
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. / Distribution Of Exotic Vehicles Divides Senators / Buhari Failed Nigeria, North Should Wait Till 2031, Arewa Think Thank Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.