Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? (1832 Views)

What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents / Vice President Shettima Commissions Geometric Power Plant In Aba / Peter Obi In Abia State For The Commissioning of Aba Geometric Power (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by mbos: 11:16am On Feb 27
you dey mind the child

gidgiddy:

He was building power companies before he became a minister
Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by Rahkman: 12:48pm On Feb 27
odduduwa:
Geometric na scam I'm here in and nothing like light here , I dey umuojima like this by police station
shut that fùck up Kabiru we all know you are in ur rat infested shot put slinging mud house in oshogbo, who u dey whine ode

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by saobobo80: 1:16pm On Feb 27
Solsix:
What kind of blessings will make food unaffordable for his subjects,?
I wonder o. APC is a curse and if you dont know this then you are part.
Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by Cantonese: 1:29pm On Feb 27
StOla:

I agree with you, but you do not truly know the Nigerian mentality.

Many Nigerians who are well paid in private enterprise and who power bill is not up to 5% of their salary, still bypass the metering system for their high power consuming electrical appliances like Air Conditioners.

It is very disgusting.

Even religious leaders across all faith. A very disgraceful and disgusting behavior.

That’s why pre paid meters for individuals must be the way and post paid for corporate organizations. If the big corporate organizations fail, they must be disconnected. If they attempt to bypass the the law must be applied against them.
Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by poiZon: 1:32pm On Feb 27
Cantonese:

He surely will not have issues collecting tariffs.
The DISCOs do not have that as a problem. The metering system provides pre paid and post paid for those who can guarantee their payments as at when due.

Certainly no one will steal power through the back door because it is a private initiative. If you do not purchase power, you will be in darkness.

Look, Nigerians spend a lot of money monthly on the purchase of petrol and diesel for their generators. If you make an comparison of the cost of buying petrol and energy purchase, you’ll find the later far cheaper in the end.

Geometric has done well. Let’s see others invest in the power sector.
The issue is the leaders r so bereft of ideas that power generation has become rocket science.
Let the FG unbundle Tcn, or give states without power plants 4 to 5yrs so they can invest in power plants, after that the entire Tcn should be unbundle.
States will now take care of the 3 strands of power, generation, distribution and transmission.
States can then do their internal privatisation or allow local govts to bid for power generation n transmission for their communities...
With these, we r almost getting closer to solving power problems in Nigeria.
How can akwaibom power plant be generating 190mw and we send it first to national grid which inturn distribute to taraba, kogi Kwara ...etc.
The entire northern states don't have power plants that generate up to 500mw of power outside kainji power which was built by Niger Delta funds.
Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by Slytiger: 1:58pm On Feb 27
Ebubu2:

What do you mean he will have issues collecting tarrif?

It is going to be prepaid.

If you no pay, you no go even get light in the first place. When that one finishes, your light automatically goes off even when your neighbours have light.

He ain’t losing.

The only way he’ll lose is if thousands bypass meter which can’t occur because all the meters still belong to him.

Make all these hotel builders diversify abeg
Like prepay can't be bypassed by electricians. Lol.

Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by michlins(m): 2:01pm On Feb 27
Codepain:
Because not all state have an ex minister of power who looted the country dry and use the proceed to establish a private power company
that's not the only state to have a former minister of power

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by Slytiger: 2:10pm On Feb 27
jowhyte:
Edo state already have a functional one for the past 3 years called the OSSIOMO power plant. But the thing with most of the these independent power coy is their service is not cheap but you are guaranteed of stable power supply except when there is an occasional maintenance. My barber around country home road, ugbor GRA, have to ditch NEPA light and pack up his generator for the OSSIOMO power supply. He said regardless of the higher tariff it's cheaper and better than running Generator as a result of of the Epileptic power supply from NEPA. Most businesses, middle and high income earners are beginning to embrace the OSSIOMO too. Although stable and highly efficient but it's not cheap.

Truth is across the globe stable power/energy supply especially in western countries is not cheap.
The bolded is very true. Even people still bypass meter in developed world but it's not common as enforcement of laws are strict. Problem with Nigeria is law enforcement. This who are meant to enforce the law would collect bribe. Even people within the companies would also engage in ilegal practice. Till date, people bribe power companies workers to not disconnect or to also deflate amount on bills.
Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by odduduwa: 3:34pm On Feb 27
Rahkman:
shut that fùck up Kabiru we all know you are in ur rat infested shot put slinging mud house in oshogbo, who u dey whine ode
i dey aba like this , rain wan fall , i dey uratta by express ... I'm with arab contractors , we are working in the road. I live at tonimas junction. Omo there is no light here and believe me
Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by Cantonese: 3:45pm On Feb 27
poiZon:

The issue is the leaders r so bereft of ideas that power generation has become rocket science.
Let the FG unbundle Tcn, or give states without power plants 4 to 5yrs so they can invest in power plants, after that the entire Tcn should be unbundle.
States will now take care of the 3 strands of power, generation, distribution and transmission.
States can then do their internal privatisation or allow local govts to bid for power generation n transmission for their communities...
With these, we r almost getting closer to solving power problems in Nigeria.
How can akwaibom power plant be generating 190mw and we send it first to national grid which inturn distribute to taraba, kogi Kwara ...etc.
The entire northern states don't have power plants that generate up to 500mw of power outside kainji power which was built by Niger Delta funds.

One single word makes it rocket science. That word is CORRUPTION.

Simply license individuals or corporate organizations like Geometric, just like the telecoms sector and you will see light 24/7.
Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by inoki247: 4:24pm On Feb 27
Cantonese:

Even religious leaders across all faith. A very disgraceful and disgusting behavior.

That’s why pre paid meters for individuals must be the way and post paid for corporate organizations. If the big corporate organizations fail, they must be disconnected. If they attempt to bypass the the law must be applied against them.

Lol prepaid meter alone can't guarantee they will get dere complete money even the taskforce in charge of monitoring this prepaid meter are ready to be compromise take tips from people....

What I know is money will Neva be complete so far is Nigeria...

Other country av seen and experience with my eyes even the neighboring countries people obey all diz common law buh in Nigeria u will see someone bypassing telling u with confidence....
Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by Cantonese: 6:15pm On Feb 27
inoki247:

Lol prepaid meter alone can't guarantee they will get dere complete money even the taskforce in charge of monitoring this prepaid meter are ready to be compromise take tips from people....

What I know is money will Neva be complete so far is Nigeria...

Other country av seen and experience with my eyes even the neighboring countries people obey all diz common law buh in Nigeria u will see someone bypassing telling u with confidence....

Truly corruption has found permanent roots in this country.

If the telecoms companies tell us what they see, we will never believe.

The fear is not only with the citizens not paying, but also with internal embezzlement of the company's resources.
Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by inoki247: 6:24pm On Feb 27
Cantonese:

Truly corruption has found permanent roots in this country.

If the telecoms companies tell us what they see, we will never believe.

The fear is not only with the citizens not paying, but also with internal embezzlement of the company's resources.

I went to neighboring country and I see where dere Electricity company came to disconnect someone light and they didn't go with the Wire they only removed the wire from under the Meter and dey dare not connect it...

I'm like try this in Nigeria you will sing song the NEPA staff in Nigeria will have to go with wire if possible they can go with ur pole sef dem fit go with it....

Nigeria are one special breed that can't keep to simple law buh when they go outside the country they become law abiding bkuz of fear of been deported....
Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by Cromagnon: 7:25am On Mar 11
gidgiddy:

He was building power companies before he became a minister

But once he built one in his land, it becomes that he looted?
so in your church mind you believe he didn't loot in this obodo naija?
Be honest with yourself
Not everything tribalism
Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by Abagworo(m): 8:28am On Mar 11
Many States already have power plants but the national distribution method is what stands Geometric out. Geometric is the only one allowed to distribute its own generated power directly to consumers instead of feeding the National grid.
Re: Why Can't Every State In Nigeria Have A Geometric Power Plant??? by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 10:21am On Mar 11
Codepain:
Because not all state have an ex minister of power who looted the country dry and use the proceed to establish a private power company
do you know he actually got a loan to finance the project? Why do you people use half of your brain to reason?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition / Is Nigeria Cursed? / Dora Akunliyi- From Drug Warrior To Mis - Information Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.