Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition (1832 Views)

Plot To Sack IGP, Arase, Thickens - Nigerian Tribune / Sad Day For Obasanjo - Bolanle Bolawole (Nigerian Tribune) / Political Violence At 5th Adebayo Adefarati Memorial Lecture In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition by guage: 9:26pm On Mar 29, 2007
The presidential candidate of the Alliance for Democracy (AD), Chief Adebayo Adefarati, is dead.

Adefarati died at about 1.30pm on Thursday at the Federal Medical Centre, Owo, Ondo State, where he was admitted on Saturday.

Family source said the 76-year-old former governor of Ondo State, whose condition was said to have started stabilizing on Tuesday, died as a result of complications.

His condition was said to have deteriorated in the midnight following which the medical team in the hospital battled seriously to save his life.

It was, however, gathered that the spirited effort of the team of the medical doctors at the hospital, led by a senior officer did not yield positive result, as the late presidential candidate died on Thursday afternoon.

Already, the body of the AD presidential candidate is said to have been deposited at the mortuary of the FMC.

Efforts to speak to the management of the FMC were, however, abortive as almost all the management staff were said not to be around when Nigerian Tribune called.

Besides, all calls put to their mobile phones were not successful, as the phones had been switched off.

Some of the medical doctors approached at the hospital for further information over the incident kept mum and refused to speak to the press.

Meanwhile, immediate family members of the deceased, including his wife, Adetutu and some of his children have also been moved to his home country, Akungba-Akoko.

The town wore a mournful look as the news of the death of Adefarati filtered into the community.

Residents of Akungba-Akoko, mostly students of the Adekunle Ajasin University gathered in groups to discuss the death of the septuagenarian politician.

The people expressed shock over the incident, saying that it was unfortunate that Adefarati died at this crucial period in the history of the country.
Re: Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition by guage: 9:31pm On Mar 29, 2007
This is horrible news,
Did he not have a visa?
Did he not have a personal physician in the USA/UK/GERMANY/SPAIN?
Is the man not rich enough?
Why did the AD allow this to happen?
Could they not have hired an air ambulance and sent this man abroad?
I feel for the family,
I really feel for the family, I think the AD may have just proved a point, but why use thier presidential aspirant?
May the good Lord keep his soul and give his family the courage to bear this irreparable loss
Re: Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition by doubletree(f): 11:03pm On Mar 29, 2007
I read on-line he was 79.
76 or 79, what is a man that age doing trying to run for presidency of a country like nigeria.
Re: Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2007
guage:

This is horrible news,
Did he not have a visa?
I feel for the family,
I really feel for the family, I think the AD may have just proved a point, but why use their presidential aspirant?
May the good Lord keep his soul and give his family the courage to bear this irreparable loss

Is this your own solution to the problem of Nigeria's poor health care system? What happens to the common man who cannot afford visa application fees, cannot feed himself and is not a presidential candidate?

When our leaders begin to die in our glorified mortuaries also known as medical centers maybe they will channel some of their loot to helping our hospitals.
Re: Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition by doubletree(f): 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2007
I assumed he was being sarcastic
Re: Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition by LoverBwoy(m): 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2007
guage:

This is horrible news,
Did he not have a visa?

I feel for the family,
I really feel for the family, I think the AD may have just proved a point, but why use their presidential aspirant?

see questions? you my friend are a joker!
Re: Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition by abdkabir(m): 11:14pm On Mar 29, 2007
May God be with Him!
Re: Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition by BigB11(m): 12:04am On Mar 30, 2007
Posted by gauge:
This is horrible news,
Did he not have a visa?
I feel for the family,

Guys, take it easy; this is not the time to shoot this guy for making a sincere comment.

Can't you feel or see that this guy is upset?

Amazing!
Re: Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition by swing4real(m): 1:46am On Mar 30, 2007
doubletree:

I read on-line he was 79.
76 or 79, what is a man that age doing trying to run for presidency of a country like nigeria.

@doubletree
Very question.I was about to ask the same.At 79,i think he was almost close to his grave.At that stage of his life what is he going there to do?Anywayz may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition by LoverBwoy(m): 1:59am On Mar 30, 2007
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition by lewa(m): 3:05am On Mar 30, 2007
RIP!May God in His infinite mercies grant him rest,and comfort his family at this time!Amen
Re: Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition by jgirl3: 3:55am On Mar 30, 2007
May his Soul rest in perfect peace. I thought he was just sick.
Re: Ad Presidential Candidate Adefarati Dies At 76/nigerian Tribune, Online Edition by adconline(m): 5:02am On Mar 30, 2007
So, most likely, the elections may not hold

(1) (Reply)

House Of Reps Condemns Yar'adua's Economic Plan / Yar Adua & Northerner:2 Black Men In Space And A Black Man Is The Head Of Nasa / So, Igbos Are No Longer Disunited, They Are Bigots?! Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.