Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal (7746 Views)

Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo / Rape Or No Rape, We Should First Ask Pastor Abiodun This Question. / Pastor Adeboye Allegedly Instructs RCCG Members To Submit Genitals For Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by sketching: 5:33am On Feb 27
Rumble In RCCG As Pastor Adeboye Asks City Of David Pastor, Iluyomade To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death
There is currently a rising rumble within the camp of the Redeem Christian Church of God, RCCG, and if not amicably settled things may tear apart as contained in the book of Chinua Achebe.

From a reliable source, there is a cold war, presently between the led-Pastor and General Overseer of the RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, and the RCCG Pastor in charge of the City of David, Pastor Idowu Iluyomade.

Pastor Adeboye was claimed to have allegedly directed RCCG City of David Pastor Iluyomade to resign his position as the lead pastor of the RCCG church branch. Unexpectedly, Pastor Iluyomade was claimed to have grossly refuted the directive with displeasure.

Aside from being the Pastor of RCCG Region 20, City of David, Pastor Idowu Iluyomade is also the Special Assistant to the RCCG General Overseer, Pastor Adeboye, on Christian Social Responsibility (CSR).

However, the springing difference between Pastor Adeboye and his right-hand man, Pastor Iluyomade, could not be unconnected to the recent events that surrounded the death of the Group Chief Executive Officer (Group CEO) of Access Holdings Plc, Herbert Wigwe.

Recall that Herbert Wigwe died recently in America in a helicopter crash alongside his wife, son, and business partner. Wigwe has been a member of the RCCG, worships with the City of David branch, and is a very high financial contributor to the church.

Following the death of Wigwe, his family had shockingly directed RCCG to never attempt to come near his burial service even though Wigwe had contributed billions of naira to the developments of the church.

The decision of the family could have been influenced by a lavish birthday ceremony organized by Pastor Iluyomade for his wife, even a few days after Wigwe’s death.

Pastor Adeboye’s alleged directive requesting Pastor Iluyomade’s resignation as RCCG City of David Pastor is to calm the atmosphere and appease the family of Wigwe who had been infuriated by Pastor Siju Iluyomade’s flamboyant birthday party, a few days after the biggest benefactor of the church, Wigwe, died.

https://www.thecapital.ng/rumble-in-rccg-as-pastor-adeboye-asks-city-of-david-pastor-iluyomade-to-resign-amidst-wigwes-death/

1 Share

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Kobojunkie: 5:37am On Feb 27
The politics of Church business...na the gullible followers wey suppose don see say none of these exude Jesus Christ and are most likely not even born-again but refuse to give in to reason, na dem i just dey look. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by sketching: 5:43am On Feb 27
Kobojunkie:
The politics of Church business...na the gullible followers wey suppose don see say none of these exude Jesus Christ and are most likely not even born-again but refuse to give in to reason, na dem i just dey look. undecided

Even the legendary Benny Hinn has SINCE lost his faith and is just in the ministry for the money (selling 'charms' & trinkets).
Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by duduade: 5:45am On Feb 27
Just goes to on to reiterate that

Life waits for no one at all ooo

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Chukwuka319(m): 5:57am On Feb 27
Pentecostal churches and their troubles which seem to have no end.
Church is not necessarily a place of righteous and holy people, because you can see very wicked people there equally.
They come to church,mount the pulpit or sit at the front rows of seats.
You can find backbiting members, slandering devils, lustful animals ( dogs) there.

8 Likes

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:06am On Feb 27
Chukwuka319:
Pentecostal churches and their troubles which seem to have no end.
Church is not necessarily a place of righteous and holy people, because you can see very wicked people there equally.
They come to church,mount the pulpit or sit at the front rows of seats.
You can find backbiting members, slandering devils, lustful animals ( dogs) there.
Bros u really took this personal. What about Catholic? Anglican? Seventh day Adventist? Baptist? Methodist? Jehovah witness?

Lol @ bolded 🤣

When they see elegantly gorgeously dressed female members their hormones are set aflame raging, they become restless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by paxonel(m): 6:13am On Feb 27
Baba Adeboye sir!
So this pastor cannot celebrate his birthday in peace simply because a rich man in the church died and you want to appease the gods?

What if it was a poor man that died will you ask him to resign?

13 Likes

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by mysticwarrior(m): 6:13am On Feb 27
If it was average RCCG member of that branch who died, and the said pastor of that branch organized a birthday party for his wife days after his death would adeboye have reacted?

9 Likes

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Chukwuka319(m): 6:14am On Feb 27
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Bros u really took this personal. What about Catholic? Anglican? Seventh day Adventist? Baptist? Methodist? Jehovah witness?

Lol @ bolded 🤣

When they see elegantly gorgeously dressed female members their hormones are set aflame raging, they become restless.
Well,I admit my error.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Lumarstone: 6:18am On Feb 27
When we tell them that church is a SCAM they will not agree.

This is the example of what we have been saying.

6 Likes

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Namaster: 6:37am On Feb 27
Church business is the best business in the world. Especially in Africa.

You sell pipe dreams to fools who want to be sold pipe dreams.

In exchange, they give you 10% of their income and other assorted donations. And, stay with me here, if you play your cards right; they build your place of business with their own money.

What makes it even sweeter?

You don't need any professional qualifications. You just have to be ready to bullshiiit people.

Even more:

All your collections and takings are tax-exempt. You keep 100% of what you scam.

Overall, it's a great business. In these Tinubu times, I encourage every Nigerian to look into church business as a side hustle. You won't regret it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Astra101: 7:35am On Feb 27
This Adeboye seems to Have lost it. Ichabod set in the moment he started playing politics of interest, Tribalism and greed. This is why I still respect Pastor Oyedepo

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Rexymania(m): 7:36am On Feb 27
Na una Wahala be that
Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Starhearts: 7:56am On Feb 27
mysticwarrior:
If it was average RCCG member of that branch who died, and the said pastor of that branch organized a birthday party for his wife days after his death would adeboye have reacted?

Best comment of d year ..

Ur brain will not run dry ...

They are all hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Acidosis(m): 8:07am On Feb 27
That woman's birthday will cause more damage than anticipated. A very very tactless, insensitive, anti Christ, and needless fun fair.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by kingar(m): 8:38am On Feb 27
When a pastor is employed they call it god’s calling now he’s sacked did call Hangup?

5 Likes

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by descartes400: 8:55am On Feb 27
Acidosis:

That woman's birthday will cause more damage than anticipated. A very very tactless, insensitive, anti Christ, and needless fun fair.

oh yeah!

but who is that BEING that's very tactless, insensitive, anti-human and watch in needless fun to have allowed the Helicopter accident to have happened and is still currently WATCHING the GENOCIDE of HUMANS in Gaza

Oh yeah! you know WHO!
Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by LalastiklaIa(m): 9:04am On Feb 27
mysticwarrior:

Even if na the same day you won't hear fem
Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Bimpe29: 9:28am On Feb 27
Vested interest... embarassed
Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Rahkman: 10:23am On Feb 27
Sote dem invite flavour nabania palliative umuashawo to come and sing kporopoto for the wife, e fit be say him fit dey knack her sef....I pity the useless members wey dey go the church dey pay tithe, flavour don collect tithe money dey ball on a steady......mumu people

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Acidosis(m): 10:52am On Feb 27
descartes400:

oh yeah!

but who is that BEING that's very tactless, insensitive, anti-human and watch in needless fun to have allowed the Helicopter accident to have happened and is still currently WATCHING the GENOCIDE of HUMANS in Gaza

Oh yeah! you know WHO!

Since you appear to know better than the being, you should have done something about these problems, don't you think? You don't even have power over your own thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by descartes400: 11:10am On Feb 27
Acidosis:

Since you appear to know better than the being, you should have done something about these problems, don't you think? You don't even have power over your own thoughts.

I never claim to have those supposedly attributes of the said suppose being in question who has regaled we mere humans with his encompassing benevolence and at the same time his wrought-full destructiveness,our ears are regaled every Sundays and at every moment notice.
Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Acidosis(m): 11:44am On Feb 27
descartes400:

I never claim to have those supposedly attributes of the said suppose being in question who has regaled we mere humans with his encompassing benevolence and at the same time his wrought-full destructiveness,our ears are regaled every Sundays and at every moment notice.

Since you don't have such powers to control even your own thoughts or existence, is it not better to just dwell in your ignorance than make assumptions about issues that are obviously beyond your comprehension?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by judedwriter(m): 12:11pm On Feb 27
If this is TRUE, then it's a very sad development in RCCG that could have been avoided so easily.

Apapa family has much influence in RCCG, I hope there are no divisions.
Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by descartes400: 12:18pm On Feb 27
Acidosis:

Since you don't have such powers to control even your own thoughts or existence, is it not better to just dwell in your ignorance than make assumptions about issues that are obviously beyond your comprehension?

if my thoughts tells me i should pick up a knife and stab my boss 108 times,for failing to increase my salary to reflect the current realities and i refuse to accede to such thoughts, it shows i have control over my thoughts, no be so?

and of course for sure i can control my existence....i.e i have decided to not jump in front of an oncoming train or vehicle...mind you i didnt say i have a copy of my life saved on an 8gb flash drive to 3d print in your office printer when i ''off light"'.....i sustain the maintenance of the one i have by ensuring discipline control...which leds me to my second point....continued existence

and you know what that further entails...having good and agile gbola to propagate offsprings to ensure that your manhood lives on.
Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by gaby(m): 1:27pm On Feb 27
I foresee a breakout Redeem from this impending tussle.

That celebrity pastor and his wife won't hands down without a messy fight.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by blowjohn(m): 4:37pm On Feb 27
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Lol @ bolded 🤣

Pls don't join Methodist wit Jehovah's witnesses in same sentence.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by RepoMan007: 5:49pm On Feb 27
Was he suppose to mourn wigwe like a king?

This is why Jesus tells us not to give openly o. See katakata now.
Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Feb 27
RepoMan007:
Was he suppose to mourn wigwe like a king? This is why Jesus tells us not to give openly o. See katakata now.
Na to drag Jesus Christ in the mud una go answer first for. Wetin concern Jesus Christ with birthday shindig, Church politics, and your mourning? undecided
Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by Jackanda1(m): 7:00pm On Feb 27
sketching:

Even the legendary Benny Hinn has SINCE lost his faith and is just in the ministry for the money (selling 'charms' & trinkets).
What do you mean by loosing faith? You mean benny is an atheist now?
Re: Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal by bukatyne(f): 8:22pm On Feb 27
Acidosis:

💯

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheism & Hypocrisy / King Solomon In The Bible And Bill Gates, Who Is The Richest / Advise To People Whom Enjoy Cursing Anointed Men Of God Like Bsp David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.