Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge (13472 Views)

FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 / FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge / FG Announces Five Airports To Be Reopened By June 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by iwaeda: 8:09am On Feb 27
The Federal Ministry of Works says both bounds of the carriageways of the Third Mainland Bridge will be closed to traffic from noon on Wednesday to noon on Thursday.

The Federal Controller of Works, Lagos, Mrs Olukorede Kesha, made this known in a statement made available to journalists in Lagos on Monday.

She said that the total closure was in continuation of the ongoing rehabilitation works on the bridge.

Keisha said it was to allow the contractor to execute a major aspect of the ongoing repair works on the bridge.

Consequently, the bridge would not be opened to traffic during this critical 24-hour period. Thus, all road users are advised to use alternative routes during this period.

Motorists are further advised to cooperate with the traffic management officials deployed to manage traffic and ensure hitch- free movements in order to minimize the discomfort during this critical 24-hours period.

“While thanking the general public for their continued cooperation and understanding, please note that all inconveniences are highly regretted,” she said.

The Lagos State Government also released notification for the planned total closure of the bridge.

The Commissioner for Transportation, Mr Oluwaseun Osiyemi, did this on Monday in Lagos.

“All road users are advised to use alternative routes already provided during this period as the bridge will not be opened to traffic for 24-hours,” he said.

While thanking the general public for their patience and cooperation, Osiyemi assured that the traffic management officials would be on ground to manage traffic and minimise inconveniences.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/third-mainland-bridge-federal-controller-announces-24-hour-total-closure/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by searchng4love: 8:11am On Feb 27
Protest must still happen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by iwaeda: 8:48am On Feb 27
They can't do this on weekend, Saturday to Sunday, when less use, while WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY. Or they want us to join NLC strike. grin grin grin grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by tritt(m): 9:11am On Feb 27
Mehnnn na to use train come work be that.
Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by iwaeda: 10:04am On Feb 27
tritt:
Mehnnn na to use train come work be that.
Naptu2 3MB closed for 24 hrs. Nlfpmod. grin grin cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by Austindark(m): 11:02am On Feb 27
The repair must include very high rails, to protect people from falling into the water.

2 Likes

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by Toluwanise247(m): 11:02am On Feb 27
Lagos na Lagos

13 Likes

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by free2ryhme: 11:03am On Feb 27

2 Likes

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by free2ryhme: 11:04am On Feb 27
Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by slowice(m): 11:04am On Feb 27
Emperor tilumbu 🤣🤣 the builder of Lagos, tamer of the red sea and the atlantic😂

2 Likes

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by Jostoman: 11:04am On Feb 27
iwaeda:
They can't do this on weekend, Saturday to Sunday, when less use, while WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY. Or they want us to join NLC strike. grin grin grin grin grin
they are afraid that youths might want to gather at lekki tollgate.

4 Likes

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by PortHarcourtcit(m): 11:04am On Feb 27
Lagos is a working state... All thanks to ASIWAJU JAGABAN...001 of Nigeria... Twalee...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by CelestineNelson: 11:04am On Feb 27
Is Like na every year I dey hear third mainland bridge and the Lagos Ibadan Expressway project... these two projects no dey finish

6 Likes

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by holluwai(m): 11:04am On Feb 27
Can’t wait to see Lagos again
Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by Jostoman: 11:05am On Feb 27
All Because of protest, yeye government.

They dont like protest but to do good things for citizen na problem

3 Likes

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by dust144(m): 11:05am On Feb 27
Oh boy!
Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by spinna: 11:05am On Feb 27
Men at work..meeting with ariel pple
Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:08am On Feb 27
All road users are advised to use alternative routes already provided during this period as the bridge will not be opened to traffic for 24-hour

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by bigdammyj: 11:09am On Feb 27
Noted.
Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by Adamux: 11:09am On Feb 27
Joelchibuzoraug:
Am Joel chibuzor , pls help me am dieing of hunger , don't even have a penny too transport myself and look for job , I lost all the energy I have cux I haven't eaten for days , if I get up it feels like am falling
If I have an alternative I wouldn't beg , pls help any amount

22six90253six5
U B A
JOEL CHIBUZOR AUGUSTINE
Hello Joel,

You expect strangers on a Web forum to credit your account? Stop joking.

Reach out to close relatives, then your place of worship. Those should be your first point of call.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by dreality: 11:14am On Feb 27
The President is coming to Lagos now to commission the Red Rail Line
Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by Pootle: 11:14am On Feb 27
this bridge again
Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by blowjohn(m): 11:15am On Feb 27
CelestineNelson:
Is Like na every year I dey hear third mainland bridge and the Lagos Ibadan Expressway project... these two projects no dey finish

Airport Road for abuja never finish for the last 20 years.

NB: nothing do the road o.
Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by blowjohn(m): 11:16am On Feb 27
Adamux:

Hello Joel,

You expect strangers on a Web forum to credit your account? Stop joking.

Reach out to close relatives, then your place of worship. Those should be your first point of call.

Or to E money
Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by descartes400: 11:19am On Feb 27
Pootle:
this bridge again

i tire ooh! i think at this point they should just demolish that bridge are "'rebridge"" again instead constant closure every two two month to carry out rehabilitation works.

it's a small work for Chinese Engineers...to sort out.
Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by mrsiso(m): 11:20am On Feb 27
Drove on this bridge today, beautiful work done so far from Iyana Oworo inwards Lagos Island... The other lane is where the work is now.

Beautiful Lagos, God bless Nigeria.

Irrespective of our set back, the future looks bright.

iwaeda:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/third-mainland-bridge-federal-controller-announces-24-hour-total-closure/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by Earthquakes: 11:27am On Feb 27
People in Lagos are actually trying.
They have made suffering normal.
Imagine someone saying 1-2hrs traffic is not that much na grin
Una weldone!
Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by ajepako(f): 11:36am On Feb 27
Total closure of 3rd Mainland Bridge on Wednesday and Thursday??

On two extremely busy days??

Days that are traffic-prone on normal days??

What happens to Saturday and Sunday?

No problem, I will just take the day off niyen because I can't go and face Eko Bridge or Carter Bridge traffic!

LASG and Julius Berger, Una Fada!
Re: FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge by Pootle: 11:36am On Feb 27
descartes400:

i tire ooh! i think at this point they should just demolish that bridge are "'rebridge"" again instead constant closure every two two month to carry out rehabilitation works.

it's a small work for Chinese Engineers...to sort out.

tha bridge na money making machine for some selected few

(1) (2) (Reply)

Air Peace: No Member Of Our Crew Absconded From Quarantine Facility / Yenagoa - Port Harcourt Road Wrecked By The Flood (pictures) / White British Man Married To Nigerian Woman: Looking To Live In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.