Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

“d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards (2272 Views)

Olajumoke Flies To Abuja, Pictured With Pilots (Photo) / Seyi Shay Wore A Crazy See-Through Outfit To Channel O Awards / Tiwa Savage's fashion statement At Channel O Awards. (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by LTVersati(m): 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2011
Sources in South Africa are telling us that D’banj allegedly told the organizers he has ‘bigger issues to deal with’.

The Channel O producers are now in last minute rush trying to trouble shoot.

read more here --> http://korrectnation.com/?p=20492
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by anonymous6(f): 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2011
LT_Versati:

Sources in South Africa are telling us that D’banj allegedly told the organizers he has ‘bigger issues to deal with’.

The Channel O producers are now in last minute rush trying to trouble shoot.

read more here --> http://korrectnation.com/?p=20492

Wow D'banj is starting to get big headed & conceited now with his career, I am not against his preference in getting first class if he has the money for it but if you have prior engagement in a way to attend this award and make a excuse not to come, that it's because you don't want to be in economy class, then he has a problem. He needs to start realizing you don't stay up forever(especially as a singer in Nigeria in African world or Afrobeat music) and if billionaires like Bill Gates & etc have been known to fly economy class, and are 100x richer then D'banj then it shouldn't really be a problem for him.
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2011
What's worse is that it's not even like he had a prior engagement. According to Linda Ikeji's blog, Channel O did put him on a waiting list and try to book him a business class seat but they were full. Lack of humility. Too much pride. First class/business class people arrive at the same time as economy class. God forbid the plane crashes, death doesn't discriminate. Such a shame that he's disappointing hundreds of people expecting him to perform for a petty reason.
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by anonymous6(f): 9:17pm On Nov 11, 2011
ogugua88:

What's worse is that it's not even like he had a prior engagement. According to Linda Ikeji's blog, Channel O did put him on a waiting list and try to book him a business class seat but they were full. Lack of humility. Too much pride. First class/business class people arrive at the same time as economy class. God forbid the plane crashes, death doesn't discriminate. Such a shame that he's disappointing hundreds of people expecting him to perform for a petty reason.

well I wish him good luck because if he continues with that behavior it willing catch up with him, especially his african fans that's basically almost all his fans
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by sorealguy: 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2011
Hello, I hope u are fine today.
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by sorealguy: 9:48pm On Nov 11, 2011
Hello, I hope u are fine today.
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by oge4real(f): 10:04am On Nov 12, 2011
He is a star and economy seats are not for him. He may end up signing autographs and taking pictures all thru the trip. How many world stars fly economy? Is it because he is one of us?
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 12, 2011
^
I just have to agree. I don't know about flying "only first class". But to be honest, I don't think a celebrity of D'Banj's calibre should be flying economy - at least not in Africa. He may fly economy or even hitch-hike kpakpa between cities in America or Europe where he is virtually unknown, but not in Africa. I have to be frank about that.
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by Outstrip(f): 9:09pm On Nov 12, 2011
I agree. If it was on his own dime he would fly first class so they should have taken that into consideration. Honestly they dropped the ball not dbanj. Was it a last minute thing? They should have had this taken care of a long time ago.
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by mikron(m): 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2011
rubbish
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by lucabrasi(m): 12:09am On Nov 13, 2011
nigerians and unnecessary pride and arrogance!
the same dapo that was hoping on double decker bus and cabs less than 10 years ago,can't fly on economy?
so he is better than richard branson and his family who fly economy the likes of cold play,u2 and many stars who are worth more than he can ever achieve na wa o,
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by Outstrip(f): 1:14am On Nov 13, 2011
I doubt that Branson flies economy. I can understand the need for first class especially if you arein a business where you travel a lot. My parents only fly first class now especially for international travel. I can fly economy but if I am not with the kids I will prefer to fly business class or first class. It is what he is used to and they should have known to reserve it a long time ago. I don't see hwo this is being arrogant sha
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by lucabrasi(m): 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2011
^^^
richard branson said this himself in an interview.he said he will only fly first class or whatever equivalent it is on his plane if there is a spare seat.there is absolutely nothing wrong in flying first class but when it gets to the stage where you disappoint your fans and organisers who have been waiting for you then it becomes arrogance.
i know dbanj in the days of hoping on london buses,cabs and even don jazzy in the days of sleeping on sofas e.t.c so its not like he was born with a silver spoon or he is totally used to first class travel all his life, he only attained this level of success about 5/6 yrs ago for crying out loud

wyclef is richer than the whole of mo hits,same as bono of u2,same as cold play's chris martin and a host of others but they are so real and down to earth and don't make these sort of outrageous demands
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by doctokwus: 12:25pm On Nov 13, 2011
2 b honest,its a dficult one.He cud av done it to make a point,like,I dnt imagine channel O wi ever book any top u.s or european star on economy,no mata d excuse dey are giving now for Dbanj's case.Come to tink of it,it shows d poor level of organisation that dey cudnt av made dis arrangement long ago.So I jst tink d guy was out to mke a point,because hate or like him,no one shd deny d fact dat Dbanj is a star& shd b treated as one,whether his stardom wi linger several years frm now is anoda mata entirely.
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by Nairaboi(m): 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2011
Dbanj did well on this. Give respect to whom it is due.
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by oobim(m): 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2011
dbanj kwa?i hope dat 15 yrs(if d world go stil dey)frm now,he wud stil b flyin 1st class.
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 14, 2011
Nairaboi:
Dbanj did well on this. Give respect to whom it is due.

Respect? Are you serious? The best solution would have been to take the seat they had for him, perform for the hundreds or thousands of fans and attendees waiting to see him perform, and then take the issue up with Channel O. Simple and mature. See how many people he disappointed and disrespected because he refused to sit in economy for some hours.

Put on some headphones, sunglasses, and take the window seat. Anyone disturbing you when you're in that kind of lock-down mode be ode.
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by eleshin(m): 9:35am On Nov 14, 2011
Channel0 4kd up bigtime bt I d'banj too is arrogant,flyin economy is nt a taboo atleast u cn do it 4 ur fans.
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by lucabrasi(m): 11:18pm On Nov 14, 2011
ogugua88:

Respect? Are you serious? The best solution would have been to take the seat they had for him, perform for the hundreds or thousands of fans and attendees waiting to see him perform, and then take the issue up with Channel O. Simple and mature. See how many people he disappointed and disrespected because he refused to sit in economy for some hours.

[b]Put on some headphones, sunglasses, and take the window seat. Anyone disturbing you when you're in that kind of lock-down mode be ode.
[/b]
Re: “d’banj Only Flies First Class” – Reason For Not Attending Channel O Awards by eghost247(m): 10:11am On Nov 15, 2011
if this is true then i am really disappointed

(1) (Reply)

My Encounter With Cobhams Asuquo / Yoruba Movie Star Dayo Amusa Releases New Promo Photos / Why Nelson Mandela Divorced Winnie; The True Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.