Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,026 members, 7,835,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News (27622 Views)

Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi / Updates On The NLC Protests Nationwide / ASUU Strike: NLC Protests Rock States In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by descarado: 6:29pm On Feb 27
Kilometres:

Election can be free and fare and the winner may not perform well.

Election been free and fair has little to do with governance.

The freest Election can still produce non-performing president.

Akonuche
At least, it is the people's choice. They will learn to chose wiser next time.
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by Dbegining: 6:30pm On Feb 27
predictor1:
Where's your evidence that he printed money and show us the evidence that a yatch was bought.

See evidence.

1 Like

Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by christistruth01: 7:22pm On Feb 27
psucc:
When Customs rice finished our eyes go open say no grain of rice exist for the silos were dey Nigeria.

Rice takes 3 months to grow
In 2 months there will be Nigerian Rice
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by comodo: 7:35pm On Feb 27
adonainana:

I have said it again and again on this platform

DIVERSIFY THE ECONOMY

DIVERSIFY THE ECONOMY

CRUDE OIL IS A BLESSING A CURSE

THE CURSE IS MUCH MORE BRUTAL THAN THE BLESSING

I have said it here many many times on nairaland what Nigeria must do https://www.nairaland.com/7989133/naira-rebounds-banks-offload-excess/4#128260034

Convert all NYSC CAMPS into cash crops processing mega centres

Instead of corpers shouting corper wee wee up and down employ them to run these mega farms and produce Made in Nigeria cash crops

DO you know much land Nigeria has in the south

Till today I have never seen a crop in my life THAT CANNOT GROW IN NIGERIA.

Made in Nigeria bananas
Made in Nigeria mangoes
Made in Nigeria pineapples

Made in Nigeria cocoa

Even if it’s just one made in Nigeria something that is flooded European markets with

Then that’s all you need TO MAKE THE DOLLAR almost as strong as the naira .

The first paragraph just told you there was a time in Nigeria in 1980 where naira was stronger than dollar and that time Nigeria exported more than it imported and thus the favourable balance of trade even made it have 9 billion dollars extra

THIS IS NOT SOME ECONOMIC THEORY OR SOME TRIAL AND ERROR

DIVERSIFY THIS ECONOMY FOR GODS SAKE

LEAVE CRUDE OIL ALONE , humans eat and humans eat most crops , even cocoa that cannot be eaten directly
It is needed for making chocolates coffee

THE NIGERIAN EXPORT SHOULD BE MERGED INTO NYSC , and nysc camps should be converted to these mega farms and tons and tons of crops should be processed to be shipped out

FG should go to European countries and lobby each country to buy even if it’s made in Nigeria bananas, that are being processed and prepared in advance from the NYSC camps .

Any embassy or country that doesn’t want these MADE IN NIGERIA products should be closed down

Any country that doesn’t mind buying Nigerian oil but when it comes to made in Nigeria products it’s reluctant is an enemy of Nigeria .

This is the only way NIGERIA CAN escape poverty

PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN READ THIS

PLS I BEG YOU IN THE NAME OF GOD I AM FROM THE FUTURE . NIGERIA BECAME WORSE THAN WHAT IT CURRENTLY IS RIGHT NOW

NIGERIA pls diversify this company all oil licenses of any oil company should be revoked and tax free concessions given to AGRICULTURAL companies

Nigeria please leave crude oil alone

Sunshine is free
Rainfall is free
Photosynthesis is free

These are the 3 things you need to grow any cash crop in the whole world and feed the whole world if you are serious with it

YOU CAN SELL ANYTHING TO EARN FOREX IN THE INTERNATIONAL MARKET , it’s not only refined oil you sell there

Please convert all Nysc camps into these mega farms and start churning out tons of materials to earn good money outside

NIGERIA PLS LEAVE CRUDE OIL ALONE

THE UK import bananas all the way from Panama and South Africa

Please which country is closer to the uk.

How big is Panama and how much land does South Africa that tescos stores in the uk import all the way down South Africa for bananas

Why can’t there be made in Nigeria bananas

Why this oil curse for Gods sake

How much green land do we have in the south of Nigeria that bananas fresh good ones can’t be planted to be exported in tons

Convert all nysc camps to farms now , double allawee to corpers that want to work leave the ones who don’t want to go and be looking for thier oil corporate jobs

After converting the nysc camps into mega farms Merge nysc and the Nigerian export council and EXPORT all your wahala and earn cool forex

Find a country and export good fresh foods to this country

No one can tell me this is impossible
If elections materials can get to every nook and cranny of this country

You can’t tell me state sponsored Mega farms are impossible

ALL THE TRILLIONS SAVED FROM FUEL SUBSIDY. Invest it in agriculture and become a sole supplier of foreign countries different types of food

Tomatoes
Peepers
Cashews
Bananas
Carrots

Do you know how much crops you can grow for free and make FREE DOLLARS FOR free

Who told these guys oil is the only thing you can sell

Once again scroll back up and check the first paragraph soemthing used to happen to Nigeria before 1980

After 1980 it got carried away and chased something which is crude oil

And 50 years later Nigeria life has never remained the same

Please diversify this economy now

Besides carrots takes 3 months to grow
Cucumbers etc

There are some crops that if Nigerian becomes a sole exporter to selected foreign countries growing them would be light work

Infact self nnpc should be forced to buy shares in this new mega farms

Leave oil alone

Even Pomegranate wey I plant 4yrs ago don dey flower. I shock. Used to think it was a Mediterranean crop.
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by adonainana: 7:53pm On Feb 27
comodo:

Even Pomegranate wey I plant 4yrs ago don dey flower. I shock. Used to think it was a Mediterranean crop.

Bro what a country with clueless leaders

You know the oil we sell is pegged at a certain rate via the international market

You know the amount we can sell of the so called oil is pegged via OPEC

But what about other things in the economy we can do and we used to do before we encountered this cursed oil

Like how lazy and unambiguous can a country be who just wants to extract crude and is already calculating the refined money

Like how can everyone face the same way like what’s the obvious solution to being poor, is it not to make money ?

Such a sad situation
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by adaeze10p: 8:18pm On Feb 27
Same old story. Nothing new.Same old story. Nothing new....
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by Trendishine: 8:34pm On Feb 27
Anything you hear from BBC is subject scrunity, British media that want to explain the travails of a country they destroyed pre and post colonial times and are still destroying through the IMF and neocolonialism. Imperialist media

1 Like

Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by Zetty177x: 8:39pm On Feb 27
predictor1:
Where's your evidence that he printed money and show us the evidence that a yatch was bought.

Original suffer head make u de play o...I go be ur drummer
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by Zetty177x: 8:40pm On Feb 27
Trendishine:
Anything you hear from BBC is subject scrunity, British media that want to explain the travails of a country they destroyed pre and post colonial times and are still destroying through the IMF and neocolonialism. Imperialist media

Britain destroyed Nigeria. TBVH. We were separate before and developing in our own pace and came from nowhere to truncate our organic growth... They amalgamated strange tribes together!
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by Trendishine: 8:41pm On Feb 27
bonechamberlain:
the crisis in the middle east, climate issues etc has more impact on price of oil not the war in Ukraine. Especially with the activities of the Houthis in the straits of bab-el-mandeb.

This western propaganda of using the Ukraine crisis in relation to wheat shortage in blackmailing African countries have been addressed so many times, Russia is a net wheat exporter, even with sanctions it still the top exporter of wheats. China,India etc also exports wheats. Ukraine alone cannot stunt Nigeria's economy because it's war with Russia is preventing exporting of wheats.
Nobody lies more than the west and the BBC is the vintage propaganda machine of the desperate British colonial imperialist
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by slickgirl: 9:09pm On Feb 27
Its the same in Britain. cost of living has gone high since 2021.
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by predictor1: 10:06pm On Feb 27
Zetty177x:

Original suffer head make u de play o...I go be ur drummer
Ode, you think everyone is a bloody illiterate like you.
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by predictor1: 10:07pm On Feb 27
slickgirl:
Its the same in Britain. cost of living has gone high since 2021.
The idiots will not understand. Just like the one I quoted above. They need to see what's going on in Argentina.
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by bonechamberlain(m): 10:58pm On Feb 27
predictor1:
Russia is the world's largest oil exporter after Saudi. Most of Europe relied on Russia's energy export before the Ukraine war started. Now Russia is shunning the European market and has turned to buyers in Asia. That alone is major impact on oil prices.

Secondly Ukraine is the world's 5th largest exporter of wheat, bigger China, India , etc. Russia wouldn't even allow Ukraine to export its wheat freely. These are the issues. The world is a global village.
This same Europe/America are the ones escalating the war in Ukraine, yet continue to use the wwar as an excuse, what does that tell you?
u just stated Ukraine as the 5th largest exporter of wheat, what happened to the other countries exporting wheat, did they suddenly stop exporting wheat because of Ukraine.
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by bonechamberlain(m): 10:58pm On Feb 27
Trendishine:
Nobody lies more than the west and the BBC is the vintage propaganda machine of the desperate British colonial imperialist
💯
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by Zetty177x: 8:24am On Feb 28
predictor1:
Ode, you think everyone is a bloody illiterate like you.

How many degrees u get?
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by predictor1: 12:20pm On Feb 28
Zetty177x:

How many degrees u get?
There he goes again, bloody illiterate. wink
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by Zetty177x: 4:35pm On Feb 28
predictor1:
There he goes again, bloody illiterate. wink

Lifeless illiterate mumu wen hunger don kill him lineage cutesy of Yinubu...de play
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by predictor1: 4:40pm On Feb 28
Zetty177x:

Lifeless illiterate mumu wen hunger don kill him lineage cutesy of Yinubu...de play
E pain am, bloody illiterate. wink
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by Zetty177x: 8:07pm On Feb 28
predictor1:
E pain am, bloody illiterate. wink

Illiterate nor go pain me because I get over two degrees..ur Mama de sell pure water for sun..deal with that issue first.. oponu
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by predictor1: 9:38pm On Feb 28
Zetty177x:

Illiterate nor go pain me because I get over two degrees..ur Mama de sell pure water for sun..deal with that issue first.. oponu
Bloody illiterate. grin
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by Zetty177x: 7:34am On Feb 29
predictor1:
Bloody illiterate. grin

Illiterate na insult? This guy na real oponu o....no wonder ur mumu don eat una generation...wasted egg...ur Mama supposed menstruate you as blood ..u papa for nor discharge that dat...amugbo
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by predictor1: 9:49am On Feb 29
Zetty177x:

Illiterate na insult? This guy na real oponu o....no wonder ur mumu don eat una generation...wasted egg...ur Mama supposed menstruate you as blood ..u papa for nor discharge that dat...amugbo
Bloody illiterate, I'll keep the tears flowing on your ugly face. grin
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by Zetty177x: 11:26am On Feb 29
predictor1:
Bloody illiterate, I'll keep the tears flowing on your ugly face. grin
I'm beautiful u ONANISM....ur papa na baga for keeping u and not jerking u off ...fuool ..person wen nor fit feed
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by predictor1: 12:47pm On Feb 29
Zetty177x:
I'm beautiful u ONANISM....ur papa na baga for keeping u and not jerking u off ...fuool ..person wen nor fit feed
grin Ugly bloody illiterate bitch.
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by Zetty177x: 2:54pm On Feb 29
predictor1:
grin Ugly bloody illiterate bitch.

U funny o.....if I'm beautiful and intelligent and u use the opposite to abuse me, e won't pain me nau. If abuse is not meant to startle someone, then what's the essence? I forgot. It's in u guys DNA. I can tell u are Yoruba. U guys like to abuse people with things that do not concern or affect them. For example, you call people supporting Obi, IPOB.... thinking it won't upset them.... isn't that the most demented brain on Earth? Una nor de wise..

Ur Mama na ashara for ayilara nau...nor be there she for born u?
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by predictor1: 5:25pm On Feb 29
Zetty177x:

U funny o.....if I'm beautiful and intelligent and u use the opposite to abuse me, e won't pain me nau. If abuse is not meant to startle someone, then what's the essence? I forgot. It's in u guys DNA. I can tell u are Yoruba. U guys like to abuse people with things that do not concern or affect them. For example, you call people supporting Obi, IPOB.... thinking it won't upset them.... isn't that the most demented brain on Earth? Una nor de wise..

Ur Mama na ashara for ayilara nau...nor be there she for born u?
You really took your time to type rubbish nobody would read, ugly-mug bloody illiterate. grin
Re: NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News by delpee(f): 4:35pm On Mar 11
arantess:

this is peak fooling of the century

go and check your brain

Insulting behaviour speaks volumes about who you are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others / PHOTOS: The Senate's Plenary Session Today / Photos Of President Buhari With His Daughter And Grandchildren

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.