Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

"The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years (32430 Views)

Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola / Which Movie(s) Comes To Your Mind When You See This? / Where To Download Nigerian Series "The Johnsons" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by JayPeeOham: 3:26pm On Feb 27
Even THE JOHNSONS could not stand the wave of hardship in the land!!

RIP Emu
RIP The Johnsons
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Toluwanise247(m): 3:27pm On Feb 27
edogu:
Eweleke. I lost interest in the JOHNSONS ever since the announcement that Ada Ameh aka Emu has died. May her soul continue to rest in peace, Amen

Hmmm her death break my heart 💔💔💔then …
Eweleke

1 Like

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by enemyofprogress: 3:27pm On Feb 27
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew Jobeless people
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by GenFunction: 3:29pm On Feb 27
spiff was my favorite

2 Likes

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Barcalee: 3:32pm On Feb 27
So my favorite TV show is gone....hmmnnn

1 Like

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Beverlyjean(f): 3:33pm On Feb 27
I don't know y tinsel is still on TV

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by oilyngbati(m): 3:34pm On Feb 27
Why adopt a foreign name for the show? Why are Nigerians fond of displaying inferiority complex and ashamed of their true identity?

Why not ‘the Baloguns’?

Why not ‘the Harunas’?

Why not ‘the Chimezies’?

I have even a lot of Nigerian here in America, bastardized their names because they are ashamed of it.
I see a guy whose real name is Adegboyega change his name to ‘Adeg’ and one Ikechuchwu to just ‘Iyke’. Shame and you don’t find this amongst Mexicans and Hispanics

5 Likes

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by StraightGaay: 3:39pm On Feb 27
Offpoint1:
Only heard the show, I've never watched a single episode.

Your moniker ass always
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by meobizy(f): 3:40pm On Feb 27
THANK GOD!
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Dougad: 3:43pm On Feb 27
I remember seeing the ad when it was about to start back then in 2011.

Was in the hospital taking care of my younger brother after he just went through a brutal surgery.

Sad to hear about it ending

4 Likes

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by clockwisereport: 3:47pm On Feb 27
YeyeGbami:
Nice, very nice comedy series.

Lucky and Emu grin

another mad comedy show from dstv na “my flatmate”. Prosper and titus alobam
my Guys

4 Likes

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Dougad: 3:50pm On Feb 27
Beverlyjean:
I don't know y tinsel is still on TV

I had no idea even watched that show until I came across some ardent fans of it. Was shocked cos I could never really get into it no matter how hard I tried.

3 Likes

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by GenderMix: 3:52pm On Feb 27
Toluwanise247:
I remember when we used to have light then …. Every evening tonics

Unbelievable.
Like you mentioned , its like an evening tonic for my family. I always set my dstv to 151 and 153 to pick up the show every week day.
Well, I think the young actors are outgrowing their roles except efe and prince (lol). It was fun while it lasted.

My favourites are Lucky , SP-the crisis manager, P(L)ince...LOL

The best African Comedy show for me

6 Likes

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by 2shure: 3:52pm On Feb 27
It's boring.abegi. I stopped watching it a mo th ago. Even my flatmates sef is dry. Hustle dey no longer show it. Do good ...they no longer show it.
I would miss my fav 3 crooks. Mr deputy....
Baba olowoe
And oga pablo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by ppogba: 4:01pm On Feb 27
2shure:
It's boring.abegi. I stopped watching it a mo th ago. Even my flatmates sef is dry. Hustle dey no longer show it. Do good ...they no longer show it.
I would miss my fav 3 crooks. Mr deputy....
Baba olowoe
And oga pablo

The major problem with the Flatmates is it's poor story line. Just Noise and noise alone.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by jeromestarks: 4:06pm On Feb 27
If you haven't seen one single episode of this poo, hit like.

1 Like

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Nyanabo(m): 4:09pm On Feb 27
YeyeGbami:
Nice, very nice comedy series.

Lucky and Emu grin

another mad comedy show from dstv na “my flatmate”. Prosper and titus alobam

Those two na mumu pro max 😂😂

1 Like

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by trumpcoat(m): 4:22pm On Feb 27
One of the best TV series,rest in peace to Ada Ameh

2 Likes

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Katcall: 4:24pm On Feb 27
GenFunction:
spiff was my favorite
that unfunny clown forcing himself to be funny

4 Likes

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Maga123: 4:26pm On Feb 27
I will miss this wonderful show

2 Likes

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Katcall: 4:27pm On Feb 27
GenderMix:

Unbelievable.
Like you mentioned , its like an evening tonic for my family. I always set my dstv to 151 and 153 to pick up the show every week day.
Well, I think the young actors are outgrowing their roles except efe and prince (lol). It was fun while it lasted.

My favourites are Lucky , SP-the crisis manager, P(L)ince...LOL

The best African Comedy show for me
because you could afford dstv
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by SAMBARRY: 4:28pm On Feb 27
Marvieduke:
Chaiiii what a lovely series, I guess the death of Ada Ameh contributed to ending the drama...... Will miss the Johnson's family.
lol How Una go dey watch a series for 13 years? Una no get vision for Una lives? Pikin wey them born when them start the movie Go be 13 years old Today.funny people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by ndidibabe(f): 4:31pm On Feb 27
Offpoint1:
Only heard the show, I've never watched a single episode.

I don't like people with little scope.

2 Likes

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Rumundele(m): 4:34pm On Feb 27
Oh so sad, what a TV series that even watching the replay you never get tired.
I know since the death of Ada Ameh and some actor like the main Jenifer, ajibade (Spiff) and Susan pwajok (Blessing) pull out the series is struggling to survive.
I believe the sponsors shows no interest as well. The numbers of fans drop.
The series no longer get the flavour it use to be, i told my wife 3 days ago that this show is struggling and will be heading to extinction.
Not surprise to see this news, nothing last forever.
Wishing the rest member who stay put and wish they could revive the show especially the comers like young fair girl that replace Susan Pwajok that do her mouth and nose like pussycat, sorry for that.
May almighty God see all of you through

1 Like

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Exceed15: 4:38pm On Feb 27
My family loves the show.

2 Likes

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by highchief1: 4:44pm On Feb 27
Gistmedia10:
After captivating audiences for over a decade, the beloved Nigerian family sitcom "The Johnsons" has come to a bittersweet end. Fans bid farewell to this iconic show which has been a staple of Nigerian television for 13 remarkable years.

Since its debut in 2011, "The Johnsons" has entertained viewers with its hilarious yet heartwarming portrayal of a typical Nigerian family navigating life's ups and downs. The series, known for its witty humor and relatable storylines, quickly became a favorite among audiences of all ages.

Throughout its run, "The Johnsons" has not only provided endless laughter but also tackled important social issues, sparking conversations and reflections among its viewers. From family dynamics to societal challenges, the show's thoughtful approach to storytelling has earned it a special place in the hearts of many.

As news of the series finale spreads, fans took to social media to express their gratitude and nostalgia. Messages poured in, reminiscing about favorite episodes, iconic moments, and the talented cast who brought the Johnson family to life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw0I5xJVwC0?si=peLXxnxXroE5dSIt
they couldn’t survive the death of emu.me personally stopped watching.
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by TheBillyonaire: 4:44pm On Feb 27
That show amplifies human foolishness. I am surprised it lasted up to a year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by marlow1962(m): 4:45pm On Feb 27
Chrisrare:
One of the few Nigerian shows that make sense. kudos to all of em
As emu died, I stopped watching the show. She and Charles okolie (if I'm not mistaking the name) are the ones making the series lovely, not spiff or wertin be him name.

1 Like

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Marvieduke(f): 4:55pm On Feb 27
SAMBARRY:
lol How Una go dey watch a series for 13 years? Una no get vision for Una lives? Pikin wey them born when them start the movie Go be 13 years old Today.funny people

See how foolish you sound just because you want to comment.

5 Likes

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by abobote: 4:55pm On Feb 27
Very boring programe, now we can rest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage, MI Abaga, Patoranking To Headline Bbnaija ‘pepper Dem’ Finale / BBNaija: Joe Evicted From Big Brother House / BBNaija: Venita And Adekunle Kissed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.